• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF SEPT. 2009 Pick-Up Post! (Real pics or BAN!)

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Kadey said:
You feel as though you are missing something. You work hard to find what it is, whatever it is, wishing, waiting. Despite your continued success, you feel incomplete. :D

Let's play ODST together :)

Do your fucking thing Toy Soldier. Show dem titties! :D

Anyway, there was sale at the GAP so I bounced over and took advantage. Gotta get ready for my trip to England in a few days!

A couple hoodies and a pretty sweet thermal.

2009septpickup14.jpg

Some shorts, finally a new belt, and some SD Strike Freedom Gundam for my Sackboy kitbash.

2009septpickup15.jpg

And the finished product!

gundamsackboy04.jpg

gundamsackboy06.jpg

My LBP Gundam Sackboy team!!! :lol

gundamsackboy05.jpg

blink-182 shirt from the show the other night and Gambit Classic.
2rnehwh.jpg

And the Coup de Grace:
23" ASUS VH236H monitor. Damn. This bitch is huge, but it works well for my major.
244drx4.jpg

JEKKI

omg seriously fukkyng this game...

1079u37.jpg

all I ever read on the internet hear on the podcasts every day since the last weeks is Batman this Batman that batman batman batman batman

wtf for reals?!?! I dont kno anything about batman, but so much talk how could I not buy this game?!?! lol

joelseph said:
He does it to illicit this exact response, so asking the question is somewhat rhetorical.

I'm sorry that I came off in that light. In all sincerity, it's never to elicit a negative response.

I decided earlier this year to not post this stuff anymore 'cause things would get a tad unfriendly, but the occasional PMs from folks who shared my interest in it and/or positive responses in threads, that's why I figured I'd continue sharing. So I appreciate those of you who dig it, both today and in the past. :)

I'm proud of the decor, I sink a good bit of free time into it. Plus, maybe my friends are just polite, but most folks I've had over get a kick out of it...so the mixed response online kinda surprised me. Every response is fair, but the negativity is not why I share.

Calcaneus said:
Though it is a bit weird framing pron on your walls.

It could be a bit off-color, but that isn't how I look at it. We're talking two models doing pretty innocent topless photography, perfect to display in tribute to a beautiful sexy figure (what better place than my walls, I guess!). I had fantasy prints up in this room a few months back, but this theme is much more appealing and honestly less unsavory.

But hey, weird or not, it's the sort of theme I've dreamt of dedicating a room to for years. It's all about fun, an unabashed celebration of things that make me smile. It's love-it-or-hate-it, but I put a lot of care into it. Surprising more care than just "Oh shit the new Lane Bryant lingerie catalog is here, clear off a wall." :lol

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
140.85 said:
Fallout? Dunno. Probably because it was used. Dead Space is new.
I noticed my EB Games had new "black" PSP cases too... Did you get it at EB/Gamestop? It makes sense that they're big enough to manufacture their own cases for used titles which lack them.

JEKKI said:
wtf for reals?!?! I dont kno anything about batman, but so much talk how could I not buy this game?!?! lol
I know! I seriously had no interest in this game... but the way they've heavily hyped this one on podcasts... suddenly I must play it. It's not the type of game I'd usually buy but I'm gonna have to rent it or something.... do they still do that? "rent" games? :p

Machine

A lot of people seem to be forgetting to read the OP. It clearly says "Do not CRITICIZE other people's pick ups. This is a friendly thread. No need for insults!" Don't ever change Toy Soldier!

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Toy Soldier said:
I'm sorry that I came off in that light. In all sincerity, it's never to elicit a negative response.

I decided earlier this year to not post this stuff anymore 'cause things would get a tad unfriendly, but the occasional PMs from folks who shared my interest in it and/or positive responses in threads, that's why I figured I'd continue sharing. So I appreciate those of you who dig it, both today and in the past. :)

I'm proud of the decor, I sink a good bit of free time into it. Plus, maybe my friends are just polite, but most folks I've had over get a kick out of it...so the mixed response online kinda surprised me. Every response is fair, but the negativity is not why I share.

It could be a bit off-color, but that isn't how I look at it. We're talking two models doing pretty innocent topless photography, perfect to display in tribute to a beautiful sexy figure (what better place than my walls, I guess!). I had fantasy prints up in this room a few months back, but this theme is much more appealing and honestly less unsavory.

But hey, weird or not, it's the sort of theme I've dreamt of dedicating a room to for years. It's all about fun, an unabashed celebration of things that make me smile. It's love-it-or-hate-it, but I put a lot of care into it. Surprising more care than just "Oh shit the new Lane Bryant lingerie catalog is here, clear off a wall." :lol
Keep doing your thing, man. I like reading your posts, whenever you talk about the stuff you like you're eloquent and passionate. Even if I don't share your tastes, in the end it works as inspiration to never be ashamed of mine.

finskninja said:
Yes pain of salvation indeed suck, do not understand why they even get to release albums at all.

For the love of god man, don't set off my idiot alarm like that! Scared the hell out of me...

oblo

ca1_dscn0552.jpg

And now I don't know if I should sell or keep the first one, I'm pretty much sure that I won't ever touch it again but the boxart is just so pretty.

Arnie

Love the Blink T-Shirt Jet, I'm urked that they are only currently doing a US tour as I would love them to come to the UK. Only a matter of time I guess.

I take it they only played their older stuff?

dorkimoe

BocoDragon said:
I noticed my EB Games had new "black" PSP cases too... Did you get it at EB/Gamestop? It makes sense that they're big enough to manufacture their own cases for used titles which lack them.
yes , they are super generic black cases for all systems. I wish they werent as flimsy as they are, but its better than nothing

olore

tHa_vIlLaMaN : Wow, i remember buying a TI4200, that was back in... um, 2002? Came home, installed it and revelled in Q3A in all it`s graphical glory. Until then I had been using the nVidia TNT2 Ultra that came in the IBM box I had at the time.

That Radeon must be one helluva upgrade. :D

jufonuk

not tag worthy
21eqc02.jpg

F-Zero GX : I swear my other copy had gone "missing" <- brother has borrowed my old game cube and seems a lot of the games I had have been borrowed as well

Dead Space Extraction : awesome game.

Metroid Prime Trilogy : Gave my little bro my copy of corruption

2000 Wii point Card : got World of Goo, also had some points left over so got Contra Rebirth

not pictured as I threw the box away Dreamcast cast lead + Game cube controller from game station

On order 2000 Wii points (any suggestions looking at Driift Mania & Onslaught)

House of the Dead 2 & 3 Return

Package from Amazon came in! :D

Image0061.jpg

Disgaea DS - Never played a Disgaea game and I heard this is the best SRPG on the DS.
TWEWY - One of my favourite games of all-time. Bought it again because my first one was lost in a fire.
Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei Vol.1 - Need a new manga to read and I always see someone post one of these so thanks GAF! :D

olore said:
tHa_vIlLaMaN : Wow, i remember buying a TI4200, that was back in... um, 2002? Came home, installed it and revelled in Q3A in all it`s graphical glory.

That Radeon must be one helluva upgrade. :D

You had one too, huh? It really was about that time- I tell you, it was a beast at the time, but since then I bought a POS Dell XPS 420 with an Ati 2600XT that's been somewhat adequate up to now.

Also forgot to post the other watch I bought, to wear casually, last moth

img_0056269.jpg

olore

Nice watch! You should post that in Onkel C`s thread "Fine timepieces"

Also, hahaha the questions and negativity I got from a bulletin board when I said I just bought a TI4200 with 128mb RAM. "Why do you need that much RAM?" "No game needs it" "Only the textures will be a bit sharper" yadayadayada. Witness the latest videocard behemoths with, what? 2gb of RAM.

Everything changes

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Sup, homies? I had the LSAT today which wasn't fun, but to reward myself, I got the following presents:

dscn0571.jpg

Oooh, what's in the Amazon box?

dscn0573.jpg

Why, the XRGB-3 from Micomsoft! What the fuck is that, you ask? Well, basically, it's this box that makes old games look prettier. Know how your HDTVs give you shitty picture on your PS2 and stuff like that? Yeah, that's coz the deinterlacer in your TV (particularly with LCDs) is a piece of shit. Sorry. But this replaces that, as it can output a 480p signal with a 480i source (or lower rez, if you're cool like that) without introducing lag. And while there's like a 2-frame lag if you use it, the box can also scale your games up to 1920 x 1080. Neato!

Uhm, but the other reason I got it is cuz you can use RGB Scart on it, meaning you can play Saturn games and not have them look like a sack of buttholes. And I'm gonna need that shit for my eventual Supergun purchase!

dscn0575.jpg

So here's all the shit that came in the box. The actual device feels surprisingly solid. Clearly it was made by the good Asians, not the sweatshop variety.

Also, I got Persona for the PSP cuz I'm not a gaylord.

I'll take pics of the XRGB-3 in action when I get my Saturn scart cable. I'm too exhausted/lazy to even hook it up right now anyway.

GQman2121

Banned
Won a wrestling DVD bundle on Ebay for $12. And picked up the 1TB HD from BB on sale.
s3hoag.jpg

This lighted picture was on clearance at Lowes, so I pulled the trigger.
2ib2jd0.jpg

5ldis8.jpg

It'll be replacing this on one of the walls in my game room.
2cwnb0g.jpg

6816_145151221645_685251645_3151750_1634042_n.jpg

This shirt came from Ript Apparel, called "My Love, My Way" - this is like my first gaming t-shirt. The only other shirts I had were old Pokémon anime shirts lol.

Pic taken with DSi, sorry for the blur.

paparazzo

Gloomfire said:
Ugh, Skate 1 for PS3? I've owned the game since launch and have played the hell of it, but there are several instances where the framerate is just horrible. I highly recommend you return it if you can, and get Skate 2 which not only runs WAY better, but is the better game overall.

Alucrid

Banned
No gaming related stuff this time. :( I did take the pic with a friends Cannon Rebel though, awesome camera. I need to get me one.

IMG_8920.jpg

vejas

Banned
First time poster anyways this is for the last couple of months :].

First my Pokemon Center Game Boy Micro

PKMgbm.jpg

Second is my Dingoo A-320

DINGOO.jpg

Final purchase was Mother 3

M3.jpg

I have played the entire Mother/Earthbound series and needed to add Mother 3 to my collection. I really wanted to have the English patch on the go so thats one of the main reasons I bought my Dingoo, and for other roms of course.

Top Bottom