• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF SEPT. 2009 Pick-Up Post! (Real pics or BAN!)

HAL 9000 said:

To link the image, you can either click on the image tag at the top of the input area (yellow box with mountains next to the mail and quote tag buttons), or use
around the image link.

Welcome to GAF!

nib95

Banned
donkey show said:
Do your fucking thing Toy Soldier. Show dem titties! :D

Anyway, there was sale at the GAP so I bounced over and took advantage. Gotta get ready for my trip to England in a few days!

A couple hoodies and a pretty sweet thermal.

2009septpickup14.jpg

Some shorts, finally a new belt, and some SD Strike Freedom Gundam for my Sackboy kitbash.

2009septpickup15.jpg

And the finished product!

gundamsackboy04.jpg

gundamsackboy06.jpg

My LBP Gundam Sackboy team!!! :lol

gundamsackboy05.jpg

Damn those are awesome!

vejas

Banned
Peronthious said:
To link the image, you can either click on the image tag at the top of the input area (yellow box with mountains next to the mail and quote tag buttons), or use
around the image link.

Welcome to GAF!

Yeah I did some searching and figured it out! I had to take some of the link out for what ever reason.

Alucrid

Banned
WEGGLES said:
Ratatat and Classics?

Good stuffs!

They certainly are. Now that I live near a record store (a good one at least) every time I walk in there I feel like I need to buy something. I'll probably get LP3 next time. :lol

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
If you're in there and don't what to pick up, grab Mylo's "Destroy Rock and Roll."

oblo

Some nice beers, but you really need a Westmalle Tripel & the Blue Chimay up in that mix. Trust me, I'm Belgian. :lol

WEGGLES

Alucrid said:
They certainly are. Now that I live near a record store (a good one at least) every time I walk in there I feel like I need to buy something. I'll probably get LP3 next time. :lol
I am mondo bad for buying vinyl all the time.

It's not uncommon for vinyl to show up in the mail and I had forgotten I had ordered it D;

Yes Boss!

Chacranajxy said:
dscn0573.jpg

I'll take pics of the XRGB-3 in action when I get my Saturn scart cable. I'm too exhausted/lazy to even hook it up right now anyway.

Need impressions from you on this one. I've got a scart cable coming in for my Saturn from australia that I'm hacking in order hook it up to a spare Arcade Monitor/Cabinet. This might be a good second option. Big thread on shmups about it.

I've been playing my Saturn on an old 480i 36 inch tube TV, which is decent, but it is killing my waiting for my scart cable so I can tap RGB. Would also like to play the system on my HDTVs...unplayable right now.

Are you building your supergun yourself or just having somebody do it? I'm thinking about putting one together for fun.

HUELEN10

MidnightScott said:
If you ever need a guide I know where you can find one for it. I got this last year and completed it earlier this year. It rocks, too bad it won't be released in English :/
Link me to the guide! I've owned this for god know how long, and it needs to be played.

profit

MidnightRider said:
Nice board man! I was always a fan of "Girl"
Thanks, its been a while since I've skated a "girl", loving it though.

Also new shoes get!

DSC00593.jpg

My first ever Vans, half cabs to boot. They feel a bit stiff to skate with at first, but they are awesome none the less!

And last, new hole in table get!

DSC00594.jpg

The chocobo race in FFX for Tidus's ultimate weapon is the culprit! Also that thing in the background

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
A really nice girl drew this picture of me... She asked me not to show anyone because she thinks it was ugly, but I love it. I want everyone to see!

3927527559_256a380934_o.jpg

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Yes Boss! said:
Need impressions from you on this one. I've got a scart cable coming in for my Saturn from australia that I'm hacking in order hook it up to a spare Arcade Monitor/Cabinet. This might be a good second option. Big thread on shmups about it.

I've been playing my Saturn on an old 480i 36 inch tube TV, which is decent, but it is killing my waiting for my scart cable so I can tap RGB. Would also like to play the system on my HDTVs...unplayable right now.

Are you building your supergun yourself or just having somebody do it? I'm thinking about putting one together for fun.

Well, an important thing to note is that you have to use a Japanese scart cable on this thing - if you use a european scart cable without an adapter, you will break the RGB port. Yeah. Fortunately, I was able to find a source of these mythical cables, though I dunno if they have any more left. As for the Supergun, I'm having somebody else do it. Soldering expensive shit is not my idea of a good time.

But yeah, I should have some impressions tomorrow... not for the Saturn because the cable hasn't gotten here yet, but the PS2 f'sho.

Donos

Fenix LD20 (this lamp rocks, up to 180 lumen) and Fenix E01 + a bunch of Sanyo Eneloops (6x AA, 2x AAA, not on picture). The first for my Mountainbike and the second for my keyring.

t7xug4.jpg

9krqth.jpg

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
Volcynika said:
Looks like this'll be the last time I pick up anything in this month (barring sweet dealz somewhere)

So my earlier pickups combined with the fresh ones. It was pretty much all about the handhelds for me this month.

20r36sl.jpg

That's a really fantastic selection of games you got there... Nanostray 2 is very underrated.

WEGGLES

Blablurn said:
bought it for my psp

14c43g3.jpg
Not gunna lie. Playing SH on a bus or something would totally kill it.
Ya gotta play it on a big screen in the middle of the night in the dark. It's all about atmosphere.

Pietepiet

September packages that have arrived so far:

100_6024.JPG

AttractMode stuff:
- Gamegirl shirt
- Anamanaguchi - Dawn Metropolis
- Psychosomnium buttons
This all came in this fantastic box:
100_6025.JPG

100_6027.JPG

Dingoo A320

100_6031.JPG

Dreamcast VGA Box

neoism

I took these a few days ago, but I haven't been on gaf to post them!
34npcb9.jpg

2mqivf6.jpg

35b9rm1.jpg

2vjwg46.jpg

2zpio83.jpg

35an8nt.jpg

:D :D
This drink is fucking awesome, I bought 5 more, they're in the refrigerator
2aetc37.jpg

neoism said:
This drink is fucking awesome, I bought 5 more, they're in the refrigerator
2aetc37.jpg

*applause of awesome* I was at the store one day, bought one on a whim...heaven on earth. Plus you know helps meet the protein needs for working out too

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
IMG00008.jpg

The Amp was actually a birthday present (my bday was the 1st).
Then i bought the 2 pedals with bday money, The little white one is a Boss DD-7 Digital Delay and the one to the right is a Vox V847 Wah. The one with 2 switches came with the amp, just turns the OVerdrive on/off and the Amp effects on/off.
ODST naturally the other day, and the PSU after mine finally couldn't take the strain anymore and died a quiet death.

Got a LOT of clothes this month too which i plan to snap when they're all washed..
Including:
IMG00009.jpg

IMG00010.jpg

IMG00011.jpg

A buttload of DVDs, but they're all nicely organised alphabetically so i ain't taking out the ones i bought this month.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Spiderjericho said:
Would you mind reporting how well it outputs the Saturn?

Yeah, I'll be sure to. I just ordered the cables last night and they're shipping from the UK, so I'm not sure how long it'll take to get em... check back in a week and I should ideally have pics of it running Battle Garegga and some impressions of how great it is.

So far, I've just tried the thing on my shitty monitor I have laying around here, and even on that, the PS2's image quality is excellent. I'm excited to try this on my real kit.

JSnake

My birthday was exactly a week ago but my dad hasn't seen me since before then so he and I hung out. First, a gift from the Secretary General of the United Nations, whom my dad writes the speeches for.

SDC10001.jpg

My first digital camera, with which I took the rest of the pics in this post with. Gonna have to write a big thank you note to Mr. Secretary General later tonight.

SDC10002.jpg

Scribblenauts and LBP GOTY from my baby sister and dad, respectively. Haven't even opened LBP yet but Scribblenauts is great so far.

SDC10004.jpg

And finally, a copy of the book my dad wrote on the fall of the Berlin Wall/end of the cold war. It just came out! Put bread on my dad's table! Buy buy buy etc!

JSnake said:
And finally, a copy of the book my dad wrote on the fall of the Berlin Wall/end of the cold war. It just came out! Put bread on my dad's table! Buy buy buy etc!

I find that title oddly fitting considering your birthday and all that jazz. Your old boy has cool ass job man.

Bii

3960845866_8442992416_o.jpg

Halo 3: ODST. Xbox 360. $42.
Got it from Amazon for that price after ECA 10% discount and Amazon's preorder price drop guarantee. In addition to that, I also got $15 in video game credit (which haven't been used yet) and $5 off my next order since the game qualified for release-date delivery but was delayed due to UPS. Also got but not pictured is the Sgt. Johnson code. As for the game itself, I've played through halfway of the Campaign mode and I'm having more fun in it than I did in the previous Halos. Firefight's fun too; got an Untouchable medal (kill more than 50 enemies without dying) on one of the maps that I was particularly proud of. I'm kind of disappointed that there isn't an ODSTs-only multiplayer deathmatch option.

3960845676_449be38cb7_o.jpg

Canon Speedlite 430EX II Flash. For my Canon XTi. $257.
Sto-Fen OMEW Omni-Bounce Diffuser. For the Speedlite. $11.
I've held off on buying an external flash for a long time. And after using it for a few shots, I was impressed. It has made all my in-door shots so much better. My next purchases will probably be a battery grip before I splurge on a new lens.

3960392338_233f814a09_o.png

Delicious Library 2. Mac. $40.
I completely forgot about this application back when I first saw it a year ago. I remember trying to find a Windows-equivalent but none offered the features Delicious Library had. However, I did end up getting a Macbook earlier this year and was reminded of the application when I decided I need to catalog my things. I've only added some of my physical video games and books but plan on adding my camera equipment, digital games, other media/electronics and a slew of other stuff. It's not perfect but it does the job.

iphoneapps9-27.png

Mr. Driller. $0.99.
NanoFighter. Free.
Word Ace. Free.
2 Block. Free.
I Am T-Pain. $2.99. Also $0.99 for Buy U A Drank.
Star Defense Prelude. Free.
Boxed In. Free.
Memovator.Free.
Alive 4-ever. $0.99.
Crazy Dunker. Free.
Frogger. $0.99.
geoDefense Swarm. $0.99.
KIL.A.TON. $0.99.
Music Catch. Free.
Samurai: Way of the Warrior. $0.99.
Scramble 2. Free.

All the above for less than $10. I'm currently at 142 applications (with over 100 of them being full games and not lite/demo versions). Most of my free time is now spent on Word Ace, Scramble 2, and I Am T-Pain.

kid ness

Alucrid said:
No gaming related stuff this time. :( I did take the pic with a friends Cannon Rebel though, awesome camera. I need to get me one.
Nice to see some Ratatat love. :D
Wildcat is a great album.
Captain N said:
I got a new poster for my sons room. The wife hates it.
:lol :lol :lol Love it.

New subwoofer, after setting up my receiver and speakers. Also grabbed the PS3 bluetooth remote and the new Dawkins book (not much of a print reader, but felt like getting this).

2cwkkgo.jpg

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Pietepiet said:
September packages that have arrived so far:

100_6027.JPG

Dingoo A320

For a minute there I thought it was a GBA Micro. Like, hold on? :lol

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm. Something interesting is on my mind. Someone might get a kick out of it.

Gloomfire said:
Orval is going to rock your world.

I love that stuff! It's one awesome beer I will never turn down... ever.

oblo said:
Some nice beers, but you really need a Westmalle Tripel & the Blue Chimay up in that mix. Trust me, I'm Belgian. :lol

Yes the Blue Chimay is awesome. They didn't sell it where I bought that bottle at but I have had it before. EXPENSIVE

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Beautiful customs!

I really like the Astro one. :)

---

New shelf!

Don't know what to put in it yet, but this will be a placeholder I guess...

3961744596_cd07d2c9fe_o.jpg

Top Bottom