• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF SEPTEMBER 2012 Pick-Up Post!! Show Us Your Gaming Goods (Real pics or BAN!)!

cnizzle06

Banned
That's true. I've gone through a fucking debacle over the last two weeks or so, getting two defective Airs in a row from Best Buy. I don't know where you got it, but if you dislike it you could probably return it for something else. I was going to get another Air but I'm not so certain now. Think I might get a Lenovo laptop, or build a gaming desktop PC.

These are things I'm considering. For the amount I spent, I just feel I should be getting more. I bought it at Best Buy and my return window is narrowing so I need to make a decision soon. I think I may wait to seem what Apple has at there press conference tomorrow and make a decision from there.

Izick

These are things I'm considering. For the amount I spent, I just feel I should be getting more. I bought it at Best Buy and my return window is narrowing so I need to make a decision soon. I think I may wait to seem what Apple has at there press conference tomorrow and make a decision from there.

Yeah, I realized I never take my laptop out of my room let alone my house that much, so a desktop PC would actually be a much bigger bang for my buck in the long run. I don't know what Apple is going to announce besides the iPhone 5 and possibly the minipad, but waiting a few more days can't hurt.

Sagitario

IMG_6563.png

Picked up these two afterglow controllers.
The site I got them from listed them as used, but had a picture of them in the packaging. When I got them, it looks as though the packaging was ripped open, but whoever tried to open them couldn't get the boxes all the way open and gave up. In other words, both of these controllers were still brand new in box. Still had the twist ties on the cables and everything. I didn't take an in-box picture of them because they looked kind of terrible so I just ripped straight into them anyway, but the site I got them from had a low quality one.
vdnSR.jpg

As you can see, the boxes are all taped up.
These things are soooooo bright, holy crap. I'm using them as PC controllers.

Are they good controllers? I think I have seen them for cheap and I wouldn't mind having some extra controls [if they are good].

Sure thing, what do you want to see? I have quite a few of the big name 3ds games, and DS ones for that matter.

RE, OoT, TotA and KI:U please!

NinjaBoiX

3dwWh.jpg

Wipeout 2048
Lollipop Chainsaw
Catherine
Lumines: Electronic Symphony.

Also, Sound Shapes and Deus Ex: HR - The Missing Link from PSN. And I'm still waiting for my Japanase Dokuro, hopefully it will arrive soon.
BOOM! That's some awesome picks right there.

Add Spec Ops: The Line, Sine Mora and Gravity Rush and this is mine too. Well, it spills into August, but this is my last purchase before Christmas, I thought I'd make the most of it!

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Cross-posting from the Tekken thread...

K4DNCl.jpg

Back from Gamestop. The store has a new manager and she would not stop pestering me about signing up for the rip-off rewards card the entire time. She even seemed to be agitated that I wasn't going to take up this totally fabulous offer!

It was really, really annoying and just another reminder of why I only go to Gamestop for those few exclusive things like the pre-order bonus. Even as the transaction finished, she asked me why I wasn't interested. I said "I just don't go to Gamestop enough for it to matter" and that finally got her to stop.

I had a nice stack of trade-ins that paid for both copies of the game and still had $35 left over that went towards DOA5 CE. Dreading having to go back there to get that game, but once I do it's buh-bye Gamestop again until whenever exclusive edition or bonus makes me go back.

On another note, she also kept hyping up the "Tekken 6/Soul Calibur V mash-up game," which is obviously a budget-priced collection pack, as a new fighting game. -_-

jbug617

Banned
A2h09DXCYAEjF8h.jpg

Darksiders 2 and Sleeping Dogs (2 for $60 at Toys R Us)
Tekken Tag Tournament 2 ($45 at New Egg)
The Witcher 2 ($10 at Best Buy)
Otomedius Excellent Special Edition ($18 at Amazon)
Akai Katana ($17 at Amazon)
BlazBlue: Continuum Shift EXTEND ($15 at New Egg)

Not pictured
Super Hexagon (iOS)
Mark of the Ninja (XBLA)
Rocket Riot (XBLA)
Street Fighter and PvZ Tables for Pinball FX2

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Tekken and hair gel. I am truly a man's man.

scaled.php

I'll stream some of the offline stuff from Tekken tonight in case anyone's still on the fence, somehow.

Borman

So, first level only and framerate is low, right? Or did it end up working better than I thought?

No need to be bitter! :p

It has a majority of the game, and runs relatively well from what Ive seen. Its buggy of course, but perfectly playable in the scheme of things.

SuperPac

In case you were hoping otherwise there aren't likely to be any Mac announcements tomorrow - just iPhone and maybe iPod.

Atolm

BOOM! That's some awesome picks right there.

Add Spec Ops: The Line, Sine Mora and Gravity Rush and this is mine too. Well, it spills into August, but this is my last purchase before Christmas, I thought I'd make the most of it!

Thanks! I'm waiting for Sine Mora to appear on PSN, I'll be there day one. I love most shmups, but I'm not a fan of Cave ones, so I don't want to buy a 360 for them. Gravity Rush is a good game, you'll enjoy it, but don't go with unrealistic expectations :)

Manp

imag0329copysikv0.jpg

Jaws was supposed to arrive too. But seems to be running one day late, according to Amazon.

you are my new best friend.

JWxGF.jpg

my favorite movie ever :)

and since i am at it:

IvVne.jpg

- The Avengers

7lcEG.jpg

- MGS2 (i lent my original copy years ago... missing in action since then. got this one used)

vznjD.jpg

- MGS Collection PSV

ffoZY.jpg

- Family Photo

1M5Nt.jpg

-Soul Calibur V

:)

Are they good controllers? I think I have seen them for cheap and I wouldn't mind having some extra controls [if they are good].

I haven't used them extensively yet but they were both comfortable in my hands and felt solidly built. And the lights look great.
If you can get them cheap, pick one up and give it a shot.

Behemoth's Necromancer figure. Gonna look great next to my other Castle Crashers. Also, Sleeping Dogs and Max Payne 3 from TRU buy 2 games for $60 sale
120.jpg

Great toy hunt this weekend. Found TRU Exclusive Speeder Bike (x2) and Target exclusive Darth Maul Returns pack
121.jpg

TRU Exclusive FF Spidey and Doom as well as Spidey and Rhino. Quicksilver and Wonderman were from a trade
124.jpg

More Marvel 2 packs as well as Dr. Doom exclusive from Marvel subscription
119.jpg

Filling in the gaps to my Marvel Legends collection.
123-1.jpg

128-1.jpg

dezzy8

lol I looked at the first pic and was like how in the hell is this a big pick up? Then I saw the house... congrats.

haikira

you are my new best friend.

JWxGF.jpg

my favorite movie ever :)

It is a bloody awesome film, definitely high on my all time favorites. Haven't sat down with the bluray yet, but hoping to soon.

Really hope my country gets Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid on Bluray sometime soon too.

7lcEG.jpg

- MGS2 (i lent my original copy years ago... missing in action since then. got this one used)

vznjD.jpg

- MGS Collection PSV

ffoZY.jpg

- Family Photo

Right back at you, with these picks ups too. =D

Drain You

I can also vouch for these controllers. Closest feel to the first party 360 controller I've been able to find. My only gripe is the LEDs are almost too bright but that isn't a real big deal seeing as they have a toggle switch. I usually keep the LEDs on so they only light up when the controller vibrates.

dubc35

She's technically an August pickup but she's kept me busy so I haven't been able to post until now (yellow lab, 10 weeks old as of yesterday).

DeOQ4.jpg

Reclaimer

She's technically an August pickup but she's kept me busy so I haven't been able to post until now (yellow lab, 10 weeks old as of yesterday).

Congrats, she's gorgeous! Dogs are the absolute best, I really think they have a huge positive influence on their owners. :)

Pikma

Banned
Crappy Android photos:

-Got a DC, packaged but opened, complete, everything included, even plastic bags and manuals, excellent condition, and it only costed $15, it included those 4 games.

-Dark Souls, It's incredibly addicting but unfortunately I haven't had that much of a chance to fully enjoy it, just 8 hours in.

-I got these on August, but it's as if they're totally new since haven't played them all, just Rhythm Thief and Theathrhythm, I love RT by the way, it's my GOTY right now (Yeah, I'm crazy)

Missing:

-Luigi's Mansion and Mario Sunshine, I've never played the former, totally new experience for me. :D
-Pokemon Emerald for my GBA SP.

monome

DeOQ4.jpg

oh gosh...cuteness overload...I would love me a new lab but apartment life won't suit one well.

Still looking at shiba or akita dogs sometimes, they seem better suited but is my happiness worth keeping one indoors for most of the time, unfortunately no...

AnkitT

Finally got my Fiio E11 portable headphone amp, and coupled it with my old Nokia n85 which I'm using as a dedicated music player now(not pictured: 64gb microsdxc card inside the n85). Overall, I'm pretty damn pleased with this setup!

Three pickups this month, Nexus 7 replacing my old iPad (first version). Biggest pickup: new monitor (DELL 27U11 2560x1440), best monitor I ever worked with. Goes great with my 7970 :) And I got a "new old" Keyboard from a friend.

luokyl

I can also vouch for these controllers. Closest feel to the first party 360 controller I've been able to find. My only gripe is the LEDs are almost too bright but that isn't a real big deal seeing as they have a toggle switch. I usually keep the LEDs on so they only light up when the controller vibrates.

I use the PS3 Afterglow (wired) and I'm pretty fond of it. Way comfortable (reminds me of the very ergonomic Gamecube controller), and the triggers are an improvement over the standard DS3 triggers. There are a few problems, such as the crap sensitivity of the analogue sticks which makes it absolutely terrible for anything that requires precision (notably FPS and TPS games). D-pad is very poor as well, you wouldn't dream of using this for fighters or even 2D side scrollers.

But for anything that's more relaxed, I prefer the Afterglow to the DS3.

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit
PS1: Fear Effect, Fear Effect 2: Retro Helix
feareffect12.jpg

007: Golden Eye(N64)(man finding complete n64 games is a pain in the ass), Michael Jordan: Chaos in the Windy City(SNES)
goldenjordanmegadunks.jpg

was expensive but i couldnt pass it up
Heart of the Alien: Out of this World Parts 1&2(Sega CD)
heartofthealien.jpg

Top Bottom