• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF SEPTEMBER 2012 Pick-Up Post!! Show Us Your Gaming Goods (Real pics or BAN!)!

Elevator Action Returns - Sega Saturn

Fuck yeah, nice pick-up. The only way to play the game "proper" without having the arcade board. The Saturn version of EAR is one of those games I was on the look out for for a long time. One of the best co-op experiences on the Saturn. No... one of the best co-op experiences ever.

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
Well, I was an idiot a couple weeks back and left my iPad 3 on the plane upon returning home in the wee hours of the night. By the time I realized it, it was long gone - guess I made someone else's day.

I have a bunch of work trips coming up in a couple weeks, and I don't want to be without one. So, I splurged on another while at Microcenter. This time I upgraded to an AT&T LTE model, and bought a red Smart Case.

7960268344_19824c2c13_c.jpg

The ~$700 stings quite a bit more the second time :(

Also bought 30 days of data - 3GB for $30. And also two games to break it in that came out since losing my last one:

7960246276_bab27cd73a_c.jpg

7960251326_08c1b35205_c.jpg

This afternoon, had a great day with my mom. Saw the Dark Knight Rises again at the AMC Fork & Screen, did some shopping, and while out... got some clothes:

7960239686_8960988fe4_c.jpg

7960257000_8a681edeaf_c.jpg

7960262716_f8a3630d96_c.jpg

DSCN0673.jpg

However, to top that stuff off, my wife is pregnant with our first child. So the pickups have taken a back seat to that news =D

Congratulations on the baby.

Mind sharing some info on the pic? I know stuff all about cigars(but am interested) but I do have some mildly expensive taste in spirits. The whole pic looks very enjoyable on a weekend!

Friggz

Congratulations on the baby.

Mind sharing some info on the pic? I know stuff all about cigars(but am interested) but I do have some mildly expensive taste in spirits. The whole pic looks very enjoyable on a weekend!

Sure, What is it you would like to know? My wife and I were in mexico for our first anniversary. The cigars are Cuban, the ones all the way on the left are a little stronger, the ones on the right are sweeter and more "after dinner" cigars. All together they cost about 190 bucks ( i did find out that you can do some pretty good negotiating in Mexico, as those cigars should have cost about 250US Dollars). Im not really a tequila aficionado, but I wanted to get something only available in mexico. The few people I spoke to asking for recommendations suggest the Don Julio, while the others suggested the Centenario. The cool thing down there is that you can try the stuff out in the store, they have shot glasses for you to try samples, the Don Julio went down really smooth but its a light drink, (only aged 5 years), while the Centenario is aged 7 years and was more of a drink you have over the course of an hour. I liked the Don Julio better personally. I havent tried the 3rd bottle yet, but that was a cheap bottle (20 bucks) that I picked up for when friends come over.

eXistor

Just came back from a retro fair. They had all kinds of goodies but they know what to ask for it unfortunately so I picked up some relatively cheap stuff. Maybe next year I'll splurge on some premium stuff. I wanted to pick up Soul Blazer for SNES, but it was going for €100,- I know it's a somewhat uncommon game, but no way it's worth that much.

MX50q.jpg

0B76o.jpg

0By1m.jpg

grebby

Well, I was an idiot a couple weeks back and left my iPad 3 on the plane upon returning home in the wee hours of the night. By the time I realized it, it was long gone - guess I made someone else's day.

I have a bunch of work trips coming up in a couple weeks, and I don't want to be without one. So, I splurged on another while at Microcenter. This time I upgraded to an AT&T LTE model, and bought a red Smart Case.

The ~$700 stings quite a bit more the second time :(

Also bought 30 days of data - 3GB for $30. And also two games to break it in that came out since losing my last one:

This afternoon, had a great day with my mom. Saw the Dark Knight Rises again at the AMC Fork & Screen, did some shopping, and while out... got some clothes:
Just want to say I always enjoy your posts. Haha I think you've received compliments like this before but I just wanted to say it anyway, great pickups! Real sorry to hear about the iPad though...

Yes Boss!

Fuck yeah, nice pick-up. The only way to play the game "proper" without having the arcade board. The Saturn version of EAR is one of those games I was on the look out for for a long time. One of the best co-op experiences on the Saturn. No... one of the best co-op experiences ever.

Agreed.

In fact I picked it up based on someone's reccomendation here a few years ago (forgot who). Total arcade experience. TOTAL. Only game that tops this for coop arcade is Nam-1975, in my eyes.

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
Rad cover and rad wallpaper!

Thanks! I went white with a green cover last time; decided I'd switch it up this time - especially since I think I'm gonna end up with a black iPhone 5.

mind posting a link to that wallpaper? would look mighty good on my ipad

Right from our very own 'GAF :)

http://neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=36106002&postcount=64

Skel1ingt0n always takes amazing pictures.

Just want to say I always enjoy your posts. Haha I think you've received compliments like this before but I just wanted to say it anyway, great pickups! Real sorry to hear about the iPad though...

Thank you guys, I really appreciate the compliments!

Just got back with one more to add to the growing Vita collection. Used a $5/off coupon to get it for about $11.

7966071056_26109a254d_c.jpg

Drain You

Stumbled across this lot at a tag sale today. Everything is in so-so condition, could be better. For 5$ total though I couldn't resist.

57Xhp.jpg

Embryon

Neo Member
Stumbled across this lot at a tag sale today. Everything is in so-so condition, could be better. For 5$ total though I couldn't resist.

Jee. Bus. I see Pikmin 2 in there, and that alone would've made for an awesome pickup. But the rest?

o_______o

Drain You

Yah,

$5 clarification needed.

If for all the systems/wavebird, holy shit

For all that AND the games, god damn.

Yes, to clarify. All of that was acquired at the tag sale. Seemed like the couple had children and this is what they left behind after they grew up/moved out. They didn't seem to think any of this stuff held any value. I hand picked a bunch of games that I thought were worth it and then just told me I should take the rest also. I didn't argue. Both the nubs on the wavebirds are missing on the joysticks and it looks like either a pet or child bit into the SP -__- All of it works though.

Javier

Holy shit, you completely struck a gold mine there. Just sell anything in that collection and you pretty much make a profit.

Drain You

Holy shit, you completely struck a gold mine there. Just sell anything in that collection and you pretty much make a profit.

Thats what the plan is. Already sold a few games on Ebay today through Buy it Now bids. 65$ in the green. Feels good.

Cypher

Finally upgraded to a smartphone....and oh boy this is pure bliss! Lovin' it!

Samsung Galaxy SIII - Pebble Blue

295266_3138563443187_1339081600_n.jpg

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
I got some requests for a video, so here is a video I shot about the Sega Blast City cab and the rest of the game center: http://youtu.be/TISRM2yUXsM

That was some invigorating stuff. I do kinda wish I could get even one cab, though I don't know if it's gonna happen. If I was gonna do it, I'd wanna have a dedicated arcade room, and I probably won't even after I move next year... so I guess it's a supergun for me. Whenever I stop talking about it and actually put one together.

Anyway, mad respect. That looks like just about the most amazing place to hang out.

That was some invigorating stuff. I do kinda wish I could get even one cab, though I don't know if it's gonna happen. If I was gonna do it, I'd wanna have a dedicated arcade room, and I probably won't even after I move next year... so I guess it's a supergun for me. Whenever I stop talking about it and actually put one together.

Anyway, mad respect. That looks like just about the most amazing place to hang out.

Thanks, and you mean that because of the copy of Super Back to the Future II that was in the background, right?

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Great video. Especially since I know little about the arcade machines. I wish I have money/space to get one. Any websites/source do you recommend to read about the Astro City cabs and what not?

I'm not CoachKevin -- if I was, I would be playing one of my cabs instead of posting here -- but I'd recommend going to arcadeotaku.com and checking out the forum if you want some basics. Pretty helpful dudes there.

PAX pickups and such-

Psychonauts- signed by Tim Schafer

Telltale Games hand, from which you could eat a turkey leg, promoting The Walking Dead

PAX Arkham City comic- haven't read it

Oswald the Lucky Rabbit ears from Disney

Two blu-rays of The Book of Eli signed by Gary Whitta, one for me and one for a friend

A full set of figures of the main characters from Ron Gilbert's The Cave....plus an extra monk.

A PAX 2012 Double Fine logo shirt, and two Telltale Games Walking Dead shirts

An exclusive 25th anniversary poster signed by Hideo Kojima- promised to a friend

Telltale's Walking Dead poster.

Autographs are Eric Parsons, Gary Whitta, Jake Rodkin, Sean Vanaman, Kevin Bruner, and Harrison Pink.

Bioshock Infinite poster- it's too big to get a proper photo of

I also have a couple Double Fine PAX pins and a Paper Mario: Sticker Star sticker set
- but that's about it for now.

Top Bottom