• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF SEPTEMBER 2012 Pick-Up Post!! Show Us Your Gaming Goods (Real pics or BAN!)!

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Let's go fighting love...

526cc4d0fb0e11e1b39e22000a1c3278_7.jpg

Atolm

3dwWh.jpg

Wipeout 2048
Lollipop Chainsaw
Catherine
Lumines: Electronic Symphony.

Also, Sound Shapes and Deus Ex: HR - The Missing Link from PSN. And I'm still waiting for my Japanase Dokuro, hopefully it will arrive soon.

Great video. Especially since I know little about the arcade machines. I wish I have money/space to get one. Any websites/source do you recommend to read about the Astro City cabs and what not?

Neo-Geo.com forums, shmups.system11.org (although obviously mostly about vertical shooters), also Luke Morse has a bunch of vids on youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/lukemorse1

I'm not CoachKevin -- if I was, I would be playing one of my cabs instead of posting here -- but I'd recommend going to arcadeotaku.com and checking out the forum if you want some basics. Pretty helpful dudes there.

And there..

The_Monk

Finally, some time and pick-ups in September.

Went to IKEA last week and got a new desk:

HKwiAl.jpg

Inside is one of those:

FLL9ql.jpg

It's really nice with a great working space.

Book End from IKEA:

3Oq6Tl.jpg

Got another of PS+ and I'm set until 2013, best thing this gen when it comes to Services:

aE1oMl.jpg

I am Legend Blu-ray with the alternate ending (I liked the other ending to be honest).

L5cv9l.jpg

Winter is Coming and I like to play winter games on Winter. Got this for an awesome price brand new/sealed:

Lord of the Rings War in the North Collectors Edition

KKdJ8l.jpg

uhRmvl.jpg

AzQhrl.jpg

You might be interested to know that some JB HiFi stores started stocking the MadCatz SFxT Fightstick Pro's last week for $199. Haggle and you can easily get a few bucks off.

Thanks for the tip :) Hopefully they will get the TTT2 stick then :D. I have a Qanba Q4 but have been wanting a second stick for a while now.

Sethos

Banned
Got those cheap Student & Teacher editions, sent in scans of some random letters from my school which has nothing to do with media or creativity and isn't even part of the eligible schools, got my key 5 minutes later.

ibyzcd7yOf80yg.png

Fuck yeah, nice pick-up. The only way to play the game "proper" without having the arcade board. The Saturn version of EAR is one of those games I was on the look out for for a long time. One of the best co-op experiences on the Saturn. No... one of the best co-op experiences ever.

Damn, seriously? Will have to try out the co-op if it's that good.

Also, just came today:

Vacation month, a little extra money, got a little carried away buying games...

PS3
VQiDq.jpg

9OA4P.jpg

Wii
GwZI5.jpg

Some books, mostly W40K
fRwTa.jpg

Comics and trades
L4h7r.jpg

EbgnY.jpg

YpDyp.jpg

Manga
OkmPb.jpg

Damn, seriously? Will have to try out the co-op if it's that good.

Yeah, I'm really surprised they didn't build upon EAR's co-op forumla for the new Elevator Action on PSN. Co-op really changes up the game. You can watch each other's backs and hold elevators. You can even make it competitive by trying to hinder each other. You can still squash your partners with elevators and trap them in dangerous situations. And the game doesn't punish you for this, LOL. Someone runs out of lives/credits and the other player just continues on.

Also, just came today:

http://imgur.com/ggLEJ]http://i.imgur.com/ggLEJl.jpg
[url]http://imgur.com/aKkot][/url][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/aKkotl.jpg[/QUOTE]

Jesus H... Some epic Saturn pick-ups for you this month.

rookiejet

Well, I was an idiot a couple weeks back and left my iPad 3 on the plane upon returning home in the wee hours of the night. By the time I realized it, it was long gone - guess I made someone else's day.

I have a bunch of work trips coming up in a couple weeks, and I don't want to be without one. So, I splurged on another while at Microcenter. This time I upgraded to an AT&T LTE model, and bought a red Smart Case.

7960268344_19824c2c13_c.jpg

The ~$700 stings quite a bit more the second time :(

Also bought 30 days of data - 3GB for $30. And also two games to break it in that came out since losing my last one:

7960246276_bab27cd73a_c.jpg

7960251326_08c1b35205_c.jpg

This afternoon, had a great day with my mom. Saw the Dark Knight Rises again at the AMC Fork & Screen, did some shopping, and while out... got some clothes:

7960239686_8960988fe4_c.jpg

7960257000_8a681edeaf_c.jpg

7960262716_f8a3630d96_c.jpg

With each new pretty picture you post, I'm edging closer and closer on finally getting that awesome Fujifilm X10. Just one more, and I'll crack. ;)

Izick

scaled.php

Don't mind the law book underneath it. That's precisely what I'm not doing tonight.

I'll probably try this thing out for streaming in a few hours with Shinobi, then Tekken Tag 2 tomorrow. At www.twitch.tv/ChaculaX

yes.

Yo, I hear you like hentai and weigh 400 lbs, but not really.
just joking it's in his JTV channel
Also points for playing some Shinobi!

cnizzle06

Banned
If you don't mind me asking, why'd you pick the Pro over the Air?

Don't mind at all. It was a bunch of little things that led me to choose the Pro.

I preferred the black bezel.
Larger hard drive
built-in CD Rom drive
Ability to upgrade ram and hard drive at a later date.
More ports
Technically faster CPU

Of course, the weight and size is certainly a negative. And my biggest complaint is the display. Colors seem off (and I can't seem to find an appropriate color profile) and the res leaves a lot to be desired. Just about every bit of font seems to have jaggies.

Yep. To be frank, I'm still uncertain of my decision. Given the price of this thing, I shouldn't have to deal with such a shitty display, but there ya go.

Flunkie

Banned
Well, I was an idiot a couple weeks back and left my iPad 3 on the plane upon returning home in the wee hours of the night. By the time I realized it, it was long gone - guess I made someone else's day.

I have a bunch of work trips coming up in a couple weeks, and I don't want to be without one. So, I splurged on another while at Microcenter. This time I upgraded to an AT&T LTE model, and bought a red Smart Case.

7960268344_19824c2c13_c.jpg

The ~$700 stings quite a bit more the second time :(

Also bought 30 days of data - 3GB for $30. And also two games to break it in that came out since losing my last one:

7960246276_bab27cd73a_c.jpg

7960251326_08c1b35205_c.jpg

This afternoon, had a great day with my mom. Saw the Dark Knight Rises again at the AMC Fork & Screen, did some shopping, and while out... got some clothes:

7960239686_8960988fe4_c.jpg

7960257000_8a681edeaf_c.jpg

7960262716_f8a3630d96_c.jpg

M-I-Z

Borman

Whoa, cool! I'd love to see more direct capture screenshots.

Sure thing, what do you want to see? I have quite a few of the big name 3ds games, and DS ones for that matter.

On another note, the unreleased Geist Force Dreamcast game has landed!
geistforce.jpg

Kazerei

Banned
Sure thing, what do you want to see? I have quite a few of the big name 3ds games, and DS ones for that matter.

Mmm, I'd like to see screenshots of the most visually impressive games, like RE Revelaitons, and Ocarina of Time 3D. They have some pretty good lighting and water effects. Maybe MGS Snake Eater for lulz if you have that.

The 3DS games thread would probably be the best place to post screenshots for fun.

Iacobellis

Got those cheap Student & Teacher editions, sent in scans of some random letters from my school which has nothing to do with media or creativity and isn't even part of the eligible schools, got my key 5 minutes later.

ibyzcd7yOf80yg.png

What kind of school did you use letters from? I'm guessing just a normal, public high school wouldn't work, right?

IMG_6563.png

Picked up these two afterglow controllers.
The site I got them from listed them as used, but had a picture of them in the packaging. When I got them, it looks as though the packaging was ripped open, but whoever tried to open them couldn't get the boxes all the way open and gave up. In other words, both of these controllers were still brand new in box. Still had the twist ties on the cables and everything. I didn't take an in-box picture of them because they looked kind of terrible so I just ripped straight into them anyway, but the site I got them from had a low quality one.
vdnSR.jpg

As you can see, the boxes are all taped up.
These things are soooooo bright, holy crap. I'm using them as PC controllers.

IMG_6564.png

Invizimals: Shadow Zone
Picked this up as well. The description also said used.
It went on clearance at target directly after I bought it so I was kinda mad but I realized that I actually paid like half as much (free shipping on this one) that I would have paid at Target.
When I got the game, I realized that it's still factory sealed, as you may or may not be able to see. I'm assuming this came from another Target store and the sticker that was ripped off the plastic wrap on the front was a clearance sticker.
*still doesn't own a psp*

IMG_6565.png

Gran Turismo 5: XL Edition
I would have bought this off the internet but the game JUST got a price cut (today, I think) down to $19.99 from $39.99. It's currently less expensive in-store than online (which was ~$26, iirc) and is a really good deal. At this price you're essentially getting a full game plus all the DLC for less than the cost of the DLC alone.

IMG_6572.png

Teal Gameboy Color
-Missing battery door. Crap.

Came with 6 games.
Matchbox Caterpillar Construction Zone
WWF Wrestlemania 2000
Tetris DX (yessss I've been trying to get this one for a while. Unfortunately the label on this one is messed up. Crap.)
Mary-Kate & Ashley: Pocket Planner (this game asks you to enter your full name including middle name, nickname, home address, and phone number before you even start playing.) :|
Spiderman 2: The Sinister Six
Pokemon Pinball (Missing battery door.)

Sethos

Banned
What kind of school did you use letters from? I'm guessing just a normal, public high school wouldn't work, right?

I'm at a business oriented college as an IT-Supporter, so it's probably fairly close to what they require but I don't believe it's part of the eligible schools and IT-supporter is far from media focused.

Izick

Don't mind at all. It was a bunch of little things that led me to choose the Pro.

I preferred the black bezel.
Larger hard drive
built-in CD Rom drive
Ability to upgrade ram and hard drive at a later date.
More ports
Technically faster CPU

Of course, the weight and size is certainly a negative. And my biggest complaint is the display. Colors seem off (and I can't seem to find an appropriate color profile) and the res leaves a lot to be desired. Just about every bit of font seems to have jaggies.

Yep. To be frank, I'm still uncertain of my decision. Given the price of this thing, I shouldn't have to deal with such a shitty display, but there ya go.

That's true. I've gone through a fucking debacle over the last two weeks or so, getting two defective Airs in a row from Best Buy. I don't know where you got it, but if you dislike it you could probably return it for something else. I was going to get another Air but I'm not so certain now. Think I might get a Lenovo laptop, or build a gaming desktop PC.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Hope its entertaining. Guess with 6€ you cant go wrong, but when I look at the Cover of Volume 5 I do not know what to think...

7iPsh.jpg

Can you see that 5-year-old's uh... ... I'm not going to even use slang for it, because it's a fucking 5-year-old.

Did they really put that on the cover (of vol. 6)?

Can you see that 5-year-old's uh... ... I'm not going to even use slang for it, because it's a fucking 5-year-old.

Did they really put that on the cover (of vol. 6)?

Hey man. Great Avatar.

No, he didnt. It seems its a skin-colored bodysuit or some kind. Normally I do not buy such kind of manga, but I thought for 6€ for all 8 Volumes "Hey. Why not? It cant be that bad." And I really liked the Rozen Maiden Manga, so I hope it will be at least entertaining.

On another note, the unreleased Geist Force Dreamcast game has landed!
geistforce.jpg

So, first level only and framerate is low, right? Or did it end up working better than I thought?

12 hour game!!!

12 of the best gaming hours you will ever spend!!

in your life!!

No need to be bitter! :p

Top Bottom