• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF SEPTEMBER 2012 Pick-Up Post!! Show Us Your Gaming Goods (Real pics or BAN!)!

Lego store trip with my nephew.

IHHhY.jpg

18-Volt

3DS XL!
pqErr.jpg

PFKMq.jpg

Disney Blu-rays (Yay! Pluto sticker!)
OLi7H.jpg

DS games from summer
mSucS.jpg

Rocksmith, DS game case and Infinite Space (It was very hard to find it)
OBVFD.jpg

Dragon Quest guides. They help a lot.
kw57Y.jpg

T.O.P

Banned
Sakanaction - Yoru No Odoriko S.E. cd + dvd
One OK Rock - Zankyo Reference TOUR in YOKOHAMA ARENA [Blu-ray]
jblkE5J0xytGuQ.jpg

Crying out love, in the center of the world - HK Limited Edition
jK47j53qWDFQG.jpg

FUCK YOU ATLUS (sold my 360 pal and got this one e.e)
jFpRK4oh0krPd.jpg

Finding Mr.Destini + The Raid
joJeRqw3UkTdt.jpg

HardRojo

So my games just arrived from the US last saturday and here's what I got this month so far:

1) With these 3 games I can finally say I have all the ACs on PS3 (But III), all the PS3 Uncharteds in their black label release and all the GoWs for PS3.

O89Cel.jpg

2) I got Tekken Hybrid for $10 at BestBuy's sale last month, I had ordered Rayman Origins too but that got backordered and I had to cancel it... bummer, I also have been purchasing the HD releases of games I didn't get to play during the PS2 era so Sly was a no brainer, last in this pic and probably least is Guitar Hero On Tour Decades for the DS, I have the first one so when I found Decades on Amazon for $6.29 I said why not?

PCic2l.jpg

3) EBA was $6 and I always wanted to have this game, TWEWY was $20 on Amazon since they reprinted it I guess and considering how high it used to be I bought it immediately, I'm finishing my Ace Attorney collection and now I only need Apollo Justice which will be bought for sure as soon as I find it for a reasonable price, God of War Saga is not for me actually since as I mentioned before I already have all the games in disc form and in their respective cases, this one I bought for a friend who's new to PS3 so what better gift huh?

1SJIyl.jpg

plc268

A couple of upgrades for my desk:

New bookshelf speakers. Paid something like $35 for them off amazon because of various credits and credit card rewards I had. It sounds much better than my old junky logitech speakers. Also pictured, got my hunk of $25 plastic that they call a charging dock for the 3DS XL.

7997231509_5e0e160ae2_z.jpg

The amp powering the speakers. It has a USB DAC inside of it which allows me to easily have multiple inputs on my speakers. Also, running my PC through the USB DAC sounds much better than onboard sound.

7983105975_91fecd5f83_z.jpg

A monitor arm I picked up from monoprice for something like $40. I used to have a bad habit of leaning into the monitor when I played FPS games... now I can bring the monitor to me, heh.

7997238289_1f5b3c2062_z.jpg

Some DS games. Most of these are known quantities, but if you haven't played Aliens Infestation and are a metroidvania fan, you should give it a shot. I'm loving what I've played so far.

7997274645_12d53ac05f_z.jpg

Fake Edit: Heh, just realized I oversaturated everything. Looked fine on the phone though.

Iacobellis

A couple of upgrades for my desk:

New bookshelf speakers. Paid something like $35 for them off amazon because of various credits and credit card rewards I had. It sounds much better than my old junky logitech speakers. Also pictured, got my hunk of $25 plastic that they call a charging dock for the 3DS XL.

7997231509_5e0e160ae2_z.jpg

The amp powering the speakers. It has a USB DAC inside of it which allows me to easily have multiple inputs on my speakers. Also, running my PC through the USB DAC sounds much better than onboard sound.

7983105975_91fecd5f83_z.jpg

A monitor arm I picked up from monoprice for something like $40. I used to have a bad habit of leaning into the monitor when I played FPS games... now I can bring the monitor to me, heh.

7997238289_1f5b3c2062_z.jpg

Some DS games. Most of these are known quantities, but if you haven't played Aliens Infestation and are a metroidvania fan, you should give it a shot. I'm loving what I've played so far.

7997274645_12d53ac05f_z.jpg

Fake Edit: Heh, just realized I oversaturated everything. Looked fine on the phone though.

How are the SS-B1000 speakers? They seem like a good buy for $70 on Amazon. How did you get them connected to the computer?

EDIT: Nevermind, saw on a review you need an amp to use them.

jimi_dini

I only watched the tv drama, is the movie good?

Nice edition btw!

I'm not T.O.P., but yes, it's absolutely great. I don't want to spoil anything, but grab lots of tissue.

I own the HK LE, the original soundtrack on CD and also the japanese "memorial box", that even included the framed wedding photo, a photobook, the cassette and lots more. And yes, the cassette is fully playable.

Bs3hfl.jpg

ywSOal.jpg

T.O.P

Banned
I'm not T.O.P., but yes, it's absolutely great. I don't want to spoil anything, but grab lots of tissue.

I own the HK LE and also the japanese LE, that even included the original framed photo, a photobook, the cassette. And yes, the cassette is fully playable.

Bs3hfl.jpg

ywSOal.jpg

its-beautiful.jpg

Awesome edition for real, i'm gonna ask YesAsia if 7-14 days is actually real and there's a chance to get this beautiful piece :D

i seriously didn't know there was a drama of it...i actually kinda stopped with J-drama after 1 Litres of Tears lol...... ç_ç

@got any other cool LE of asian movies? i'm trying to keep up but after throwing 300$ for the Happy Together Anniversary Ed. i needed to go back to regular editions for sometime lol

canocha

I own the HK LE, the original soundtrack on CD and also the japanese "memorial box", that even included the framed wedding photo, a photobook, the cassette and lots more. And yes, the cassette is fully playable.

Bs3hfl.jpg

ywSOal.jpg

HOLY SHIT!!!!

i seriously didn't know there was a drama of it...i actually kinda stopped with J-drama after 1 Litres of Tears lol...... ç_ç

Yeah there is.. and its awesome! (i cried... a lot...)

plc268

How are the SS-B1000 speakers? They seem like a good buy for $70 on Amazon. How did you get them connected to the computer?

EDIT: Nevermind, saw on a review you need an amp to use them.

I connect them with the amp that you see in the second picture. It's the Topping TP-30. Truthfully, you don't need to spend $100 for an amp, but I wanted one with a USB DAC on it, a seperate input, and headphone output.

If you don't care about headphone output, you can get any cheap Class T amp and power it.

As far as speakers go, they sound great for the price. They're really my first set of "real" speakers, so they already sound better than my old logitech 2.1 setup.

jimi_dini

Awesome edition for real, i'm gonna ask YesAsia if 7-14 days is actually real and there's a chance to get this beautiful piece :D

Those fuckers still got a copy left. I don't believe it.
I had trouble finding a copy and that was 5+ years ago :p

And yes, they surely got a copy. Otherwise they wouldn't list it. I would grab it asap. I ordered the "Ghost in the Shell 2 - Japanese Kimono Super Mega Limited Edition", that includes 7 or 8 DVDs and a replica and 2 full size art/photobooks - after a year it got released from them. They were the only source left. But hell was it worth it. I originally bought the Japanese International Limited Edition before that and both of them were limited to 1000 copies worldwide (and that one also included a replica, the int. LE had Motoko, the other one had one of those robots in a kimono).

I bought the HK LE first right when it was released, didn't know anything about it. After watching it once, I knew that I had to get the Japanese LE.

It's incredible that ENDING SPOILER!
they somehow managed to create an ending, where you don't want to kill yourself, although 10 minutes before that it's so depressing. I can't believe the actress cut off all her hair :(

Here's the original Gameboy I got for my birthday 13 years ago - just got it back from being backlit and prosound modded. I can't believe I kept this system so mint for 13 years.

5b17c2f6ff7311e1912322000a1cdad6_7.jpg
Very cool! Where did you get the work done? I'd love to do up mine like that!

edit:
I found a guy on eBay who was selling modded gameboys, contacted him and he did it. I'll PM you his email address, did an awesome job. Gameboy sound hooked up to a receiver sounds incredible.
If you could PM me the info as well, I'd be grateful. :)

Iacobellis

I'm at a business oriented college as an IT-Supporter, so it's probably fairly close to what they require but I don't believe it's part of the eligible schools and IT-supporter is far from media focused.

Ah, got it, thanks. Guess I could just start with Lightroom and work my way up.

Sorry for the late reply, haven't really kept up with this thread.

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
Picked up the Kirby Collection and a WiiU Deluxe pre-order from both Gamestop and BestBuy. Can't wait!

7998198375_e57bb82d55_z.jpg

7998210878_7a70482c96_z.jpg

7998224956_dfd5c20158_z.jpg

Teknoman

jbqatcBaUJpgUy.jpg

Picked up some classics and Kirby Collection. Never beat Mario 64 or Jet Force, everything else i've never played before (aside from Kirby Collection), so awesome times ahead. Had to make a cover for Dracula X since it wasnt in its original case.

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
jbqatcBaUJpgUy.jpg

Picked up some classics and Kirby Collection. Never beat Mario 64 or Jet Force, everything else i've never played before, so awesome times ahead. Had to make a cover for Dracula X since it wasnt in its original case.

Jet Force Gemini is one of my favorite games of all time.

The framerate can be pretty abysmal, and some of the platforming is extremely rough. But it's the one Rare game I'd actually care to play a sequel of, and it seems the entire rest of the gaming community has forgotten about it :(

Enjoy it!

Teknoman

Jet Force Gemini is one of my favorite games of all time.

The framerate can be pretty abysmal, and some of the platforming is extremely rough. But it's the one Rare game I'd actually care to play a sequel of, and it seems the entire rest of the gaming community has forgotten about it :(

Enjoy it!

The music/sound effects have been pretty cool so far, and the action is about as fun as I remember it...so i'm glad its held up over the years. The framerate drops did surprise me though. Nothing that I cant tolerate from that era of gaming though.

And yes, a sequel with the same level of atmosphere and current gen technology would be great. I've always liked games that seem to have a mixture of high and low tech.

clear31

Bs3hfl.jpg

ywSOal.jpg

what is this for those who have no idea what you guys are talking about. i'm interested, just no clue what it is lol

FHIZ

Got a Street Fighter IV stick, added a DoA5 graphic, and new sanwa parts. Pretty happy with it.

20120917215814.jpg

Was such a paint to put together. Screwed up cutting out the graphics the first time, second time they were printed too small, third time a little dark (oh well).

Those buttons are REALLY a bitch to put in.

Plugged in the stick, and the left direction didn't work. Tried everything I could think of for an hour. Was contemplating soldering the wires with a different harness, but I finally thought "We're going SNES on this!" and holy shit... blowing on it worked.

What I find really weird is, I wired all the buttons back to where they were originally, and yet the right bumper is on the left, and vis versa. Didn't want to bother to take the connectors off again and switch it. I can deal with it.

JEKKI

I went to the Comikaze expo over the weekend!!!

(and the video game store too lol)

594e087c013f11e2a2f822000a1d012f_7.jpg

but the more important pickup:

8fac16a2013f11e2bacf1231380f8dc9_7.jpg

go anywhere and do anything to find kids having fun!

jimi_dini

what is this for those who have no idea what you guys are talking about. i'm interested, just no clue what it is lol

The one that I posted is the japanese "Memorial Box" (a Limited Edition) of the japanese movie 世界の中心で、愛をさけぶ (Crying out love, in the center of the world) - http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0424430/

T.O.P. posted photos of the Hong Kong Limited Edition.

It's based on a japanese novel. It's a really great love story movie, but it's also very sad.

A hint: don't read the wikipedia article about it. It will spoil parts of the story. I think the best way to watch it is to go full blind.

jimi_dini

Why is the HK-Edition in Korean? Shouldnt it be in 汉字?

Oh yeah, didn't notice that, didn't look at his photo. It seems he got a Korean LE instead. (i.minus.com photos never show up, I have to select them individually).

Will post photos of my HK LE in a few hours, when I'm back at home.

maverick40

Making things for yourself is fun and frankly doesn't need a point, IMHO, in the same way some 'makes' tend to go. :) But for both of us, it serves as a good reminder to reply to people (even with notifications and emails, work keeps me busy so I can't always reply to something before I forget to, and my wife often misses hers since as a teacher she can't use her iPhone during school hours for obvious reasons)

The non-obvious benefits is that it also has encouraged me to learn the Wiring subset of C in order to make this work, (keeping my programming skills from going rusty) along with understanding serial communications, and querying the twitter API.

Plus, if it's not useful or interesting in a week/a month/a year, the components can easily be disassembled and put into other builds. :)

Wow that is awesome. Sounds like you will get good use out it!

steveovig

jbqatcBaUJpgUy.jpg

Picked up some classics and Kirby Collection. Never beat Mario 64 or Jet Force, everything else i've never played before (aside from Kirby Collection), so awesome times ahead. Had to make a cover for Dracula X since it wasnt in its original case.

So jealous of that Salamander pack!

jimi_dini

Oh yeah, didn't notice that, didn't look at his photo. It seems he got a Korean LE instead. (i.minus.com photos never show up, I have to select them individually).

Will post photos of my HK LE in a few hours, when I'm back at home.

pgu9Cl.jpg

VEUlKl.jpg

UcXkal.jpg

Should take the photos during day, had to use flash :/

The cassette in this one is just cardboard. On the other hand the movie itself has a DTS track in this edition, it has plain Dolby Digital in the Japanese Memorial Box edition.

missfuuchan

Neo Member
Some nice additions have arrived here in the last couple of weeks :)

A friend spotted a boxed backlit GBA+ on holiday and picked it up for me (photographed next to my front lit blue model)

A couple of downloaded Japanese 3DS games - Harmo Knight is short/easy, but really enjoyable, and Picross is as addictive as ever :D

A couple of import games - Kirby was actually a previous get, but I keep forgetting to post it! (Out of interest, Does the US Dream Collection version get the controller instruction sheets for each game?)

The Avengers steel book - really pretty, and no text on the sides or spine:

Lastly, Our Mario Kart Club Nintendo trophies arrived! They are really nicely made, and have a surprising amount of weight to them. I think Shell cup i my favourite:
A closer up image - they look really nice on our retro Nintendo shelf:

Also, not pictured, but our Wii U is preordered (Premium pack) - I'm getting really excited for it!

Katsuragi

Bought two Radio Free Nintendo shirts to support my favorite gaming related podcast and decided to finally delve into the Advance Wars series!

zmet

Indiana Jones: The Complete Adventures and Kirby's Dream Collection
jp45.jpg

Why did Paramount mess with the color in Raiders? It's all warm colored like Crystal skull (teal and orange)! Yuck! The 4K remaster on the other hand looks great!

Halloween II and Halloween III: Season of the Witch
jp46.jpg

Boxed Super Famicom and a few games:

Little Big Planet and Lumines. All in new condition from Amazon warehouse for a total of $12.

Top Bottom