• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF SEPTEMBER 2012 Pick-Up Post!! Show Us Your Gaming Goods (Real pics or BAN!)!

Cystm

w2qoZ.jpg

Ready to game, again.

lunch

there's ALWAYS ONE

All three seasons of Arrested Development since, despite not caring for what I've seen of the show, it was Amazon's Deal of the Day and the third time's a charm, LittleBigPlanet Vita because I was in desperate need of a new Vita game, math and Japanese textbooks that I won't be able to sell back (thanks custom editions and CDs that rip up the back of the book when removed!), and Minute Maid Cranberry Apple Raspberry juice bottles since those are really all I've spent my money on. I don't even like them that much, but I'm a cranberry juice addict.

Sagitario

All three seasons of Arrested Development since, despite not caring for what I've seen of the show, it was Amazon's Deal of the Day and the third time's a charm, LittleBigPlanet Vita because I was in desperate need of a new Vita game, math and Japanese textbooks that I won't be able to sell back (thanks custom editions and CDs that rip up the back of the book when removed!), and Minute Maid Cranberry Apple Raspberry juice bottles since those are really all I've spent my money on. I don't even like them that much, but I'm a cranberry juice addict.

Nice pick-ups. I hope you enjoy AD this time :)

Wurdfurd

Picked up NHL 13 here in edmonton at the midnight launch party at EB games. Got the eberle cover, a second signed cover, and got my jersey signed.

0WgrTl.jpg

aIoN4l.jpg

Cdammen

I got myself these: http://audiopro.com/products/living-lv2

1347708822-20120915-IMG_4711.jpg

1347708834-20120915-IMG_4714.jpg

I've been playing Black Mesa (and some Uncharted, first playthrough) with these and it's fantastic. The rumblings from above, the gun sounds, monster grunts, environmental audio... I've been missing out on such much with my old shitty speakers. Do yourself a favor, buy new audio if you feel like something is missing from your games or movies. I have fantastic headphones too, for when I can't blast my speakers, but nothing beats open-air sounds. Especially when you can feel the bass.

Also, they're wireless and look super sleek. Black leather ya'll, it feels good!

1347708843-20120915-IMG_4715.jpg

I did also get chemicals for black and white photography so now I can finally start shooting my Fomapan 100 and 400 Classic rolls.

My test roll last week went well.

robot

Started reading the Akira manga...amazingly detailed art in here:

f23ae61efed211e183b822000a1e8a6e_7.jpg

And Volume 1 of the TMNT Ultimate Collection (hardcover reprint of the original comics)

61a27b08fed211e1a15422000a1e8939_7.jpg

Ban Puncher

d8K27.jpg

Came with every piece of pre-order DLC (ie characters, costumes, Snoop Lion & 150 BIKINIS), a couple of dynamic themes and an unadvertised PSN download of the original PS1 Tekken game.

And $30 off the RRP.

Now that's a pretty decent package.

luokyl

d8K27.jpg

Came with every piece of pre-order DLC (ie characters, costumes, Snoop Lion & 150 BIKINIS), a couple of dynamic themes and an unadvertised PSN download of the original PS1 Tekken game.

And $30 off the RRP.

Now that's a pretty decent package.

JB Hi Fi is selling this game launch for $69 was something I never saw coming. I guess the massive amount of importers has forced some welcome changes in Aussie games retail.

EDIT: Unless you meant $30 off JB's $69. In that case, I want in.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I really hate how much money TeeFury takes from me on a regular basis
5i2Em.jpg

I also bought dreweyes shirt since he's a gaffer, but it's being washed right now.

Joined the PS...P Party

Got GoW Ghost of Sparta and Resistance for $9.99 and NFS: MW for $6.99 at the Best Buy PSP clearance. Lumines was 2.69 at GS.

Also picked up Ys 7 and Burnout Legends off of PSN

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
I got myself these: http://audiopro.com/products/living-lv2

1347708822-20120915-IMG_4711.jpg

1347708834-20120915-IMG_4714.jpg

I've been playing Black Mesa (and some Uncharted, first playthrough) with these and it's fantastic. The rumblings from above, the gun sounds, monster grunts, environmental audio... I've been missing out on such much with my old shitty speakers. Do yourself a favor, buy new audio if you feel like something is missing from your games or movies. I have fantastic headphones too, for when I can't blast my speakers, but nothing beats open-air sounds. Especially when you can feel the bass.

Also, they're wireless and look super sleek. Black leather ya'll, it feels good!

1347708843-20120915-IMG_4715.jpg

I did also get chemicals for black and white photography so now I can finally start shooting my Fomapan 100 and 400 Classic rolls.

My test roll last week went well.

Wow. Incredibly sexy speakers.

A whole wack of primer and paint for my basement project I'm working on...

DSC_1021.jpg

A sign for said space...

DSC_1027.jpg

I had also picked up this sub for the space (probably picking up a second for the setup around Christmas)...

DSC_1039.jpg

And some cables, wall plates, banana plugs and a pair of in walls for the basement...

DSC_1009.jpg

I also snapped up a Harmony 1100 remote...

DSC_0972.jpg

And various plugs/switches for the basement. I had also picked up a IR switch so that I can turn the lights on and off using the Harmony remote...

DSC_1052.jpg

I can't wait till I can buy games and fun junk again :(

lordimmortal

Neo Member
Tekken Tag 2 and all the DLC we get here in Aus plus JB's crazy $69 on day one & The Avengers was amazing the two times at the movies so had to have the Blu-Ray

Other bits from this weekends shopping trip.

robot

Here's the original Gameboy I got for my birthday 13 years ago - just got it back from being backlit and prosound modded. I can't believe I kept this system so mint for 13 years.

5b17c2f6ff7311e1912322000a1cdad6_7.jpg

Went to the Rush Clockwork Angels concert last Sunday in Bristow, VA at Jiffy Lube.

Yes, they totally rocked. Did you expect anything else?

How they are not in the Rock & Roll HOF I don't know.

Also got a neat T-Shirt!

DSC_3912.jpg

Here's the original Gameboy I got for my birthday 13 years ago - just got it back from being backlit and prosound modded. I can't believe I kept this system so mint for 13 years.

Did you send it off to a company for the modifications? I would love to have my old Gameboy modded like this!

Kingven

Hi all... i just bought this NES (+/- 10$) on my local flea market.. I already have a USA NES but this one is more special because this one was assembly here in Venezuela (Baby Asia Model). The NES conditions are so-so.. i need to clean it and it doesnt have any controller... The box looks OK.

5xHbMl.jpg

CAme3l.jpg

5KYTOl.jpg

robot

Did you send it off to a company for the modifications? I would love to have my old Gameboy modded like this!

I found a guy on eBay who was selling modded gameboys, contacted him and he did it. I'll PM you his email address, did an awesome job. Gameboy sound hooked up to a receiver sounds incredible.

zmet

Espgaluda II and Do-Don-Pachi Resurrection for Android
jp40.jpg
jp41.jpg

Devil Hunter Yoko and Titanic Limited 3D Edition
jp44.jpg

Trampoline Terror!
jp43.jpg

NickMitch

FR0046.jpg

Bought eleven 360 games for between 8 - 10$ each except Cod:black ops which costed me 20$ auction bidders really wanted it. Also bought Red Steel for wii (4$) and bought NSMB2 for 3DS via the Eshop yesterday. Sweet game.

List of games i bought:

Bioshock
Bioshock 2
Gears of War
Gears of War 2
Gears of War 3
Dantes´Inferno
Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare
Call of Duty: Black Ops
Battlefied: Bad Company 2
Dungeon Siege III
Vanquish
Red Steel
New Super Mario Bros 2

Mr. Sam

Cross-posting my own dumb arse from the June thread, oddly enough. Anyway, here we go again:

Ugly, ugly cover for The Avengers. Here's hoping the documentary - exclusive to Sainsbury's (urgh) - is worth it.

AndyboyH

Neo Member
Got to find the time to do a proper pickup post, but from work, here's three things I can share:
All birthday presents from my wife :)
A2-wPaeCAAAEXXS.jpg

Scott pilgrim in Colour, because it's excellent
A1clZzsCMAA-deR.jpg

Home-made BMO of algebraic awesomeness
and:
A28Tjp4CUAAeLv9.jpg

Thermal printer, that now (with the help of an arduino and Ethernet shield) prints any and all tweets to me and my wife on twitter :)

.hacked

some b-day goodies:

KiWfBl.jpg

Sunroof Blackjack decal, can't believe the mini place wants $350 to put it on it was so easy.

haWwll.jpg

Blackjack swag for the inside of my Mini Cooper

3pvOkl.jpg

New keyboard and mouse for my gaming PC. Being a console gamer for so long the special keys sure do help.

AndyboyH

Neo Member
Whats the point of printing tweets??

Making things for yourself is fun and frankly doesn't need a point, IMHO, in the same way some 'makes' tend to go. :) But for both of us, it serves as a good reminder to reply to people (even with notifications and emails, work keeps me busy so I can't always reply to something before I forget to, and my wife often misses hers since as a teacher she can't use her iPhone during school hours for obvious reasons)

The non-obvious benefits is that it also has encouraged me to learn the Wiring subset of C in order to make this work, (keeping my programming skills from going rusty) along with understanding serial communications, and querying the twitter API.

Plus, if it's not useful or interesting in a week/a month/a year, the components can easily be disassembled and put into other builds. :)

bryanee

I apologise for the god awful picture but I broke my camera a few days ago so my shit lapto webcam it is.

120917143551.jpg

I gotta say I think they nailed it.

Top Bottom