• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF SEPTEMBER Pick-Up Post! (Show us your gaming goods!)

FORD

Banned
mypc.jpg

02-01-05_0149.jpg

4.jpg

masterkajo

CIMG1316.jpg

Well, after all those Firefly praises, I decided to declare September the Firefly months for myself... and I have to agree: One of the best TV shows out there.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Kadey said:
Hmmm.... -=runs=-

You should post yours!

:) -=awaits anxiously=-

-----

mosqito, love the NES pickups... especially Faxanadu and Double Dragon II: The Revenge :) ! Some of my most memorable childhood games...

-----

And man, the PAL Blue Dragon boxart looks nicer than the NA one :/ I wish we had that cover... or the reversable one that JPN got...

bryehn

Captain N said:
How's eyeshield treating you? I actually enjoy it, but am sad that it pretty much plays just like the DS version.

Almost identical to the DS one, yeah. It's still pretty fun though. I saw it was out of print now, so I snatched it up while I could.

chemicals

crackdown.jpg

Crackdown. Used from EBgames. $29 (still blowing my store credit from trading in my Gamecube and DS phat last year)

Proc

1440991704_75f6af3fde.jpg

shirt = pre-order bonus, they actually had medium :)

Still need to try VP2, but definitely anxious to get to it.

masterkajo said:
CIMG1316.jpg

Well, after all those Firefly praises, I decided to declare September the Firefly months for myself... and I have to agree: One of the best TV shows out there.

is that serenity DVD on the right the regular movie? I am only aware of the original firefly series and a single movie, which I thought was great.

Such a shame that such a quality series as firefly wasnt extended more than one season.

purg3

slept with Malkin
Silicon Knight said:
Wait, you actually bought both the LE end the Legendary Edition of the game?!

Yeah, needed an extra copy for system link/LAN play so I just decided to get the collector's edition too-since it comes with the artbook.

masterkajo

cleveridea said:
is that serenity DVD on the right the regular movie? I am only aware of the original firefly series and a single movie, which I thought was great.

Such a shame that such a quality series as firefly wasnt extended more than one season.
Yes, the movie on the right is the Serenity movie which takes place some time after the Firefly series. It answers a lot of questions mainly concerning River.
There was a Limited Edition too, but I didn't want to pay 20€ extra just to watch some producer interviews. Besides there are a bunch of them on the normal DVD as well.

The comic book tells the story inbetween Firefly and the movie Serenitiy. (In case you don't know).

Yeah, Firefly sure was short... but that also makes it somehow special. Well anyway, I am truly thankful that it was created... yeah, Joss Whedon. He is nothing more than a genius. (Even though killing almost all characters of his TV shows...)

decon

DSC00958.jpg

Got this madcayz controller because people on GAF had recommended its D-pad. Don't listen to what Gaffers say when it comes to hardware. The D-pad is better than the one on the original 360 controller, but it just sucks vs. the Sixasix D-pad e.g. :(

masterkajo said:
Yes, the movie on the right is the Serenity movie which takes place some time after the Firefly series. It answers a lot of questions mainly concerning River.
There was a Limited Edition too, but I didn't want to pay 20€ extra just to watch some producer interviews. Besides there are a bunch of them on the normal DVD as well.

The comic book tells the story inbetween Firefly and the movie Serenitiy. (In case you don't know).

Yeah, Firefly sure was short... but that also makes it somehow special. Well anyway, I am truly thankful that it was created... yeah, Joss Whedon. He is nothing more than a genius. (Even though killing almost all characters of his TV shows...)

cool definitely need to check out that comic book.

movie was great because in the series you had no hard facts about river's past and what she could do, and the creator obviously felt it was unlikely that the TV series would ever return (hence all the river reveals, and killings of characters)

masterkajo

cleveridea said:
cool definitely need to check out that comic book.

movie was great because in the series you had no hard facts about river's past and what she could do, and the creator obviously felt it was unlikely that the TV series would ever return (hence all the river reveals, and killings of characters)
That's right.J ust don't be too hyped by the comic book... you could see it as an episode in between the TV series and the movie. There are just some minor things that are important to the whole story (like why the shepherd leaves which isn't that logical to me).
But you just cannot tell a whole lot in an about 60-70 paged comic book. Still for 8€ I had to check it out!

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
MarkMan said:
You should post yours!

I ordered three japan only PSPs from a friend and he sent the thing the cheapest shipping. It's going to take like 2 months to get here.

Kadey said:
MarkMan said:
You should post yours!

I ordered three japan only PSPs from a friend and he sent the thing the cheapest shipping. It's going to take like 2 months to get here.

Are they the three exclusive colors? The blue, pink, and purple or soemthing I think was the last one?

jey_16 said:
light month, i'll probably get Warhawk though

DSC03786.jpg

This is definitely my favorite game this generation so far...so fantastic. :) :) :)

EDIT: And I'm definitely thinking of getting it on ps3 because I'm so sick of crappy hardware reliability that is 360 and I'm thinking of switching my stuff over to ps3 because frankly...I like my ps3

::hides::

But i'll let you know if I get it for ps3, it's a blast online.

Ignis

img_halo.jpg

Chinese dub FTL -_-
Play-Asia, I officially hate you.

And, despite having the foam insert, my game DVD somehow got damaged...

A positive ?
Well... the bonus DVD was still in place. Great.

Oh, I got Armored Core 4 (jap version) for 10€ too... but forgot to take a pic.

larvi

Just picked these up, normally I would wait hoping for a price drop. But the original Digimon World DS actually went up in price used after release due to a limited distribution. Figured I'd better pick both up now to be safe:

DSCN7232e.JPG

"Just picked these up, normally I would wait hoping for a price drop. But the original Digimon World DS actually went up in price used after release due to a limited distribution. Figured I'd better pick both up now to be safe:"

Are they any good?

larvi

Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
"Just picked these up, normally I would wait hoping for a price drop. But the original Digimon World DS actually went up in price used after release due to a limited distribution. Figured I'd better pick both up now to be safe:"

Are they any good?

Yes so far so good. I played the first one and really enjoyed it but it had a few bugs in it. Hopefully they've fixed those for these releases. It's a tactical rpg similar to the pokemon games but you can have up to 3 digimon on the field at a time and the opponent can have anywhere from 1 to 5 so the mechanics are a bit different. It also has the monster raising/breeding element that the Monster rancher games have. If you like pokemon/Dragon Warrior Monsters/Monster Rancher type games I would definitely recommend picking one of these up and giving it a try.

RiZ III

Chromax said:
What?!? Shining Wind art book? WANT!!!! *looks on ebay*

Its got posters (Tony ftw!), a cd, some artwork, and some cell phone straps or something. Pretty good for 16 dolalrs if your into collectables. playasia still has it i think.

Top Bottom