• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Slot Cloggers (NHL 12 EASHL)

In case anyone wants to try it, I took Milly's winger builds and tweaked them a bit. Have 11 goals in the three games I've tried (computer goalies), and I'm rather enjoying it. Number includes the boost which is in parenthesis.

Legend 3/87 OVR

90 Deking
85 Hand-Eye
95 Offensive Awareness
87 (+5) Passing
92 (+8) Puck Control
61 Slapshot Accuracy
60 Slapshot Power
85 Wristshot Accuracy/Power

72 Aggressiveness
71 Body Checking
99 Defensive Awareness
99 Discipline
67 Faceoffs
50 Fighting Skill
80 Shot Blocking
99 Stick Checking

72 (+5) Acceleration
83 Agility
80 (+5) Balance
60 Durability
99 Endurance
90 Speed
85 (+8) Strength

Before you say it Marvie, I'm gonna take some of the discipline out for faceoff.

Marvie_3

Banned
We need more Left wings on the club
I could go back to playing it but then we'd need more centers. :lol

I still haven't decided on a position for NHL 13, lemme know in September what's most needed... I used to play PLY RW/LW in NHL10 but that's adaptable :p
It really does vary. Seems like we'll have too few forwards for awhile. Then all of them will come back and we'll be short on d-men. Just focus on the position you are most comfortable with.

This seems like shuffling around just for the sake of shuffling around. :lol

51387.6a00d83451b05569e2012877618a81970c-800wi.jpg

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Yep, couldn't seem to get much going with the forwards, no flow. I was sitting around 50% on face offs all night, gonna have to work on that.

Dude, you play RW. :lol

It's been so long I don't even remember.

Actually, I remember starting as LW, but Pheenix took LW, so I moved over to RW. I remember having to make my person 'other' handed too. That was traumatic.

ALSO DO YOU GET MY "NOZ IS A NAZI" JOKE!?!?!? HAHA! I KILL ME!!!

Nozdeuce

If there was an Official MGO Community Leader, I'd be it
It's been ten minutes and I can't come up with a non-banworthy response, so you've won this round

Marvie_3

Banned
It's been so long I don't even remember.

Actually, I remember starting as LW, but Pheenix took LW, so I moved over to RW. I remember having to make my person 'other' handed too. That was traumatic.

ALSO DO YOU GET MY "NOZ IS A NAZI" JOKE!?!?!? HAHA! I KILL ME!!!
Yeah, listening to all your sobbing was fairly unpleasant.

Heh. Finally starting to pick the top right corner. That should help a bit instead of always trying for the top-right.

I can also play goalie, even though Marvie thinks otherwise. Haha. Should be in the mid-superstar card area by tonight.

Delryk

Played 3 games as goalie in dropins and i have 1 SO.. am i considered good? Lol.

Seriously.. I love playing goalie but the controls is totally crap so its always a gamble. Thats how i feel anyway.

Marvie_3

Banned
I won't be on. My cable modem died on me about an hour ago.

Also, NEW TEAM RULE:

-Show is not allowed to drive the team stagecoach.

Showstopper

Neo Member
I am not good at drawing but this picture is simple enough to get the point across.

OtkrG.png

What happens in this picture is the RD dumps the puck to the left side. LW and C go after the puck while RW stays in the high slot to defend. This automatically cancels out the opposing team's 3 on 2 counter-rush in case the puck is not picked up by our players. The same goes for the other side. If the puck is dumped to the right side, RW and C chase, LW stays high slot to cancel out the 3 on 2.

Simple enough??

In the past what we would have is 3 forwards chasing the puck or maybe the wrong player staying in the high slot. Then what happens is the opposing team gets a 3 on 2 and then people complain when Viz and I get undressed.

Alright, so if we get 6 on tonight lets practice this play and see how we do. If we graduate, maybe we can introduce something else.

Top Bottom