• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Slot Cloggers (NHL 12 EASHL)

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I'm assuming your a canes fan blinding? On behalf of habs fans every where thanks for Cole :D exactly what we needed. My dad lives in NC and I'm hoping to see my first habs game when they play the canes there in April. Also FUCK the hip checking in this game its retarded and can rot in hell. That is all.

Blinding

Red_Man said:
I'm assuming your a canes fan blinding? On behalf of habs fans every where thanks for Cole :D exactly what we needed. My dad lives in NC and I'm hoping to see my first habs game when they play the canes there in April. Also FUCK the hip checking in this game its retarded and can rot in hell. That is all.

Mhm, moved to NC in 2001 and became a fan, which was ironic since I was a fan of the Sharks beforehand and kinda followed Irbe over. Sucks that I'm up in CT now, have to pay for Center Ice to catch their games. >>;; Cole was asking for wayyyy too much, last year was his best year out of 3, and that's only because he spent like 3/4 of the season with Skinner. He's a great guy and everything, but I really don't expect him to have nearly as good of a year with your Habs as he did last year. But oh well.

I hope they release a patch that tweaks the balance of some things. Seems like hip checking is becoming the new go-to for players that don't have high checking stats.

Red_Man

Blinding said:
Mhm, moved to NC in 2001 and became a fan, which was ironic since I was a fan of the Sharks beforehand and kinda followed Irbe over. Sucks that I'm up in CT now, have to pay for Center Ice to catch their games. >>;; Cole was asking for wayyyy too much, last year was his best year out of 3, and that's only because he spent like 3/4 of the season with Skinner. He's a great guy and everything, but I really don't expect him to have nearly as good of a year with your Habs as he did last year. But oh well.

I hope they release a patch that tweaks the balance of some things. Seems like hip checking is becoming the new go-to for players that don't have high checking stats.
Yea I'm not expecting him to replicate his stats 100% from last year, but even still hes an upgrade from Travis fucking moen :lol, and the hip checking is infuriating guys just keep skating towards me and hip checking into me and its so easy i want to throw my controller at the wall every time it happens.

Marvie_3

Banned
Red_Man said:
Yea I'm not expecting him to replicate his stats 100% from last year, but even still hes an upgrade from Travis fucking moen :lol, and the hip checking is infuriating guys just keep skating towards me and hip checking into me and its so easy i want to throw my controller at the wall every time it happens.
Moen put up ridiculously good numbers the one season he was with the Blackhawks. Then they released him for some reason.

Blinding

Marvie_3 said:
The amount of sarcasm in that post could fill an ocean.

Wait, sarcasm is measured in water now?

Also, I find it incredibly sad that my defense men has a 77 rating where as everything else is around 74/75. :l

It gets a lot better after you play with the same people a lot too. Especially when playing D, if you know the tendencies of your partner it makes it a lot easier to adjust to what they are doing. Not every plays the same way at first so it takes a little while.

Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
It gets a lot better after you play with the same people a lot too. Especially when playing D, if you know the tendencies of your partner it makes it a lot easier to adjust to what they are doing. Not every plays the same way at first so it takes a little while.

good point, why weren't you this useful last year?

Sandman42 said:
Hey guys, looking to join up!

GT: Zell Rocks
Primary Position: Defense
Jersey: #22
Player Name: Ryan Egan

welcome aboard

RS4-

Installing this on USB or running straight from the disc is either causing me to lag because it isn't reading fast enough or it's just my connection; I'm not sure if my brother was downloading stuff as well.

The goalies are worse this year when it comes to handling the puck. Pucks are far too often floating across the line as well.

So EA's take on the whole puck magnetized to stick not being the norm this year? By making poke checking completely worthless. Might have to go for the semi-magnet & decent poke check balance patch.

Nozdeuce

If there was an Official MGO Community Leader, I'd be it
Since everyone still has so few attribute points we need to slow our breakout down some. Our D keeps trying to make these huge slinging cross ice passes and they're getting picked off a ton.

Milly, what are your wrist shot accuracy and power at? Pretty sure me not scoring is slowly going to drive me insane.

Milly79

Nozdeuce said:
Since everyone still has so few attribute points we need to slow our breakout down some. Our D keeps trying to make these huge slinging cross ice passes and they're getting picked off a ton.

Milly, what are your wrist shot accuracy and power at? Pretty sure me not scoring is slowly going to drive me insane.
I'll take a look, but I know they are all in the 80's.

moop1167

Anyone notice how there are guys with overalls already in the mid 80's? I went and bought all +5's and shit and my guy is only a 76. I mean, do these people just sit around and play video games all day? No work? No social life?

My team went 11-2 on release day, then a couple of us played last night and went 1-4, and each team had guys with like 83 and 84 overalls. They were all faster, stronger, and must have had higher "passive" attributes like hand-eye and other stuff because everything seemed to be going their way. Frustrating.

Marvie_3

Banned
Sandman42 said:
Hey guys, looking to join up!

GT: Zell Rocks
Primary Position: Defense
Jersey: #22
Player Name: Ryan Egan
Good to see you back, murderface

TheVisualizer said:
good point, why weren't you this useful last year?
maybe he was trying too hard to be a player when he should have been coaching?

RS4- said:
Installing this on USB or running straight from the disc is either causing me to lag because it isn't reading fast enough or it's just my connection; I'm not sure if my brother was downloading stuff as well.

The goalies are worse this year when it comes to handling the puck. Pucks are far too often floating across the line as well.

So EA's take on the whole puck magnetized to stick not being the norm this year? By making poke checking completely worthless. Might have to go for the semi-magnet & decent poke check balance patch.
I'd be totally fine with this.

moop1167 said:
Anyone notice how there are guys with overalls already in the mid 80's? I went and bought all +5's and shit and my guy is only a 76. I mean, do these people just sit around and play video games all day? No work? No social life?

My team went 11-2 on release day, then a couple of us played last night and went 1-4, and each team had guys with like 83 and 84 overalls. They were all faster, stronger, and must have had higher "passive" attributes like hand-eye and other stuff because everything seemed to be going their way. Frustrating.
Correct. Also the game was out earlier in europe and a lot of people went in on that season ticket which gave them time to buik up before release day.

Revenant

Marvie_3 said:
Moen put up ridiculously good numbers the one season he was with the Blackhawks. Then they released him for some reason.

They needed to clear out a locker so Kyle Calder could use it as a pantry for his pregame meal of twinkies, butter, and ice cream topped with ranch dressing. He also split it with mark bell so he could have his traditional pre game 2 bottles of rum.

Marvie_3

Banned
Revenant said:
They needed to clear out a locker so Kyle Calder could use it as a pantry for his pregame meal of twinkies, butter, and ice cream topped with ranch dressing. He also split it with mark bell so he could have his traditional pre game 2 bottles of rum.
Sounds about right

LiveWire

Marvie_3 said:
For all centers: We're getting killed on the shots from the slot. A center's defensive responsibility in to cover the slot and make sure opponents aren't getting good scoring chances. Defense in that area needs to improve.

Remind me again where this is? I've been trying to stay away from the puck handler (who is either on the boards or at the blue line) on the opposite side of the ice between the goal and any opposing players trying to maneuver to get a pass along the ice for a one-timer. Everyone else seemed to be crowding the net and not breaking off to man-to-man or trying to keep a zone of some sort.

Marvie_3

Banned
LiveWire said:
Remind me again where this is? I've been trying to stay away from the puck handler (who is either on the boards or at the blue line) on the opposite side of the ice between the goal and any opposing players trying to maneuver to get a pass along the ice for a one-timer. Everyone else seemed to be crowding the net and not breaking off to man-to-man or trying to keep a zone of some sort.
Basically, the area between the faceoff circles.

Marvie_3

Banned
Viz came up with a good solution for our early season overcrowding and I agree with the idea.

Since we have so many people on the club right now, we need to take turns playing when there are more than 5 on. If we have 5 and someone else hops on, the person who has played the most games in a row at that time needs to sit out a game so the new player can have a spot and get a chance to play.

Red_Man

Sounds reasonable, I can't believe they don't let leagues play multiple games at a time, but then again its EA. At least they gave us individual position characters this time.

Marvie_3 said:
Viz came up with a good solution for our early season overcrowding and I agree with the idea.

Since we have so many people on the club right now, we need to take turns playing when there are more than 5 on. If we have 5 and someone else hops on, the person who has played the most games in a row at that time needs to sit out a game so the new player can have a spot and get a chance to play.

also, for those new to the club, make sure you actually show up in the lobby if you intend to play. Don't just look at the "how many players are online" and assume there isn't a spot for you and stay away. No one's bigger than the team, the more people we have contributing the funner it will be for everyone.

I'll generally msg people if I see you on and we have open spots, but it's no one's responsibility to invite you to a game or post in here that a game is going on. It's up to you to want to be "active".

Like people posted above, I don't think many people have a problem sitting out a game once in awhile. Last year when we had a ton of players on we ran some GAF vs GAF games via the OTP lobbys or the EASHL practice mode so that's always an option too.

gg's today, I'll get up with yall tomorrow afternoon, peace

Marvie_3

Banned
TheVisualizer said:
also, for those new to the club, make sure you actually show up in the lobby if you intend to play. Don't just look at the "how many players are online" and assume there isn't a spot for you and stay away. No one's bigger than the team, the more people we have contributing the funner it will be for everyone.

I'll generally msg people if I see you on and we have open spots, but it's no one's responsibility to invite you to a game or post in here that a game is going on. It's up to you to want to be "active".

Like people posted above, I don't think many people have a problem sitting out a game once in awhile. Last year when we had a ton of players on we ran some GAF vs GAF games via the OTP lobbys or the EASHL practice mode so that's always an option too.

gg's today, I'll get up with yall tomorrow afternoon, peace
Bolding for emphasis. That number is really misleading, because if there are 5 people on and 4 in a game, it'll say there's only one person on, which makes it look like nobody is playing. Or if there are 4 people in the lobby and 4 playing other modes, it'll say there are 8 on.

Marvie_3 said:
Bolding for emphasis. That number is really misleading, because if there are 5 people on and 4 in a game, it'll say there's only one person on, which makes it look like nobody is playing. Or if there are 4 people in the lobby and 4 playing other modes, it'll say there are 8 on.

Ya, that's one of the things I dislike about that menu. It's misleading enough that I always had to check my friends list anyway to see if any gaffers were playing.

Marvie_3

Banned
moop1167 said:
Anyone know if speed and acceleration actually matters this year?
Not sure yet. I put some points in both but my guy still seems slow. I was gonna play around with the speed/athletic stats more this weekend.

moop1167

Marvie_3 said:
Not sure yet. I put some points in both but my guy still seems slow. I was gonna play around with the speed/athletic stats more this weekend.

It's too hard for me to tell now since I am on the last rookie level before pro, so I only have a handful of points to spend.

I have my endurance at 87, and my accel/agi at 78 a piece, and speed at 81. I feel really slow. I might drop my endurance down to 82 and raise the rest and try that. I think it might matter this year, but with all the stats so low it's hard to tell right now.

Marvie_3

Banned
moop1167 said:
It's too hard for me to tell now since I am on the last rookie level before pro, so I only have a handful of points to spend.

I have my endurance at 87, and my accel/agi at 78 a piece, and speed at 81. I feel really slow. I might drop my endurance down to 82 and raise the rest and try that. I think it might matter this year, but with all the stats so low it's hard to tell right now.
That's how it is for me. I want to play one game where I put all the points I have in speed/accel and see if things are different.

Marvie_3

Banned
zsswimmer said:
They definitely matter, my player maneuvers like a boat on land, might have to grind some offline to get some boosts -_-
That's what I've been doing.

Fucking 20min periods......

Red_Man

Is grinding offline the quickest way to boost your guy aside from buyin the booster pack?

Top Bottom