• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Slot Cloggers (NHL 12 EASHL)

gg's to everyone I played with today, good effort all around

sorry to see u go thelatestmodel, had fun playing alongside you on D, good luck except when you play us

yeah loop glitch looks easier to do than last year, pretty sure last year you had to get someone to fight you before you could desync the game, now you can do it with custom cameras anytime you want... sad

yeah I forgot to save replays but the disappearing players was hilarious, 2 of their dudes just disappeared during play and the remaining guys couldn't get possession of the puck for some reason, they would skate right over it couldn't pick it up... fucking EA

i gotta head off to work soon so I'm done for the night, ill be on tomorrow afternoon again probably around 3ish

peace

Nozdeuce

If there was an Official MGO Community Leader, I'd be it
RS4- said:
Need an invite to the club, sent one anyway!
Just accepted your invite, looks like theres a game in progress right now. Have fun.

Nozdeuce

If there was an Official MGO Community Leader, I'd be it
RS4- said:
I love you Noz.

Which athleticism attribs. matter this time?
Uhhh all of them seemingly, agility seems more important this time since if its low you really will turn like a retarded boat.

RS4-

Lol what timing :(

I"ll stay in the dressing room after I finish this drop in game.

Lol what the fuck, my human goalie mate picks a fight, I get stuck in the box. He does it again and they score now he's being a piece of shit and letting goals in.

I'll be in the dressing room

RS4-

Why the hell is "last one for me" censored.

I'm not enjoying the random ass goals this year

"too many censored words" is also censored

Blinding

I fucking loath games like that. Sloppy passes, inability to enter the zone, inability to win a faceoff, smh. I feel like I did the worse of everyone, but that game as a whole was pretty shitty.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I played 2 games and got lagged out of my 3rd but had fun all around, can't wait to actually get some decent games in next week, I'm still getting used to the checking and poke checking changes in the controls.

Blinding

Red_Man said:
I'm still getting used to the checking and poke checking changes in the controls.

Poke checking is worthless in this game a majority of the time. There'll be times where I clearly get my stick on the puck, but the game will be all like "LOLNOPE."

Milly79

Marvie_3 said:
Be a bitch all you want but it's not fair to everyone else on the team that wants to play and can't.
Be a bitch? No one else was wanting to play. I planned on sitting out before you even had told me to. Every time I was playing everyone got to play.

If it's going to become a problem, I'll bow out of the club. I like playing a lot, and the club is huge as is. Why they did away with multiple games is beyond me.

Marvie_3

Banned
Milly79 said:
Be a bitch? No one else was wanting to play. I planned on sitting out before you even had told me to. Every time I was playing everyone got to play.

If it's going to become a problem, I'll bow out of the club. I like playing a lot, and the club is huge as is. Why they did away with multiple games is beyond me.
Multiple games would have been ideal but we gotta do what we gotta do. The roster is always packed the first week or two until the big fall games start coming out. Sucks because we all want to play but we need to give everyone a chance to play.

Red_Man

Blinding said:
Poke checking is worthless in this game a majority of the time. There'll be times where I clearly get my stick on the puck, but the game will be all like "LOLNOPE."
Glad I'm not the only one with this issue. Also anyone know why whenever I try and type messages in the club it writes the message out in all stars? It's really annoying cause I can't use my mic right now cause all my roomies are sleeping. Fuck that last game too pretty ridiculous.

LiveWire

Sorry for the weak draw percentage and lackluster checking from me in that one game guys. Definitely need to spend a lot more time in pick-up leveling this guy up. Also need to review the faceoff guide again. I was hitting 80% of faceoffs in the pickup game before we played and then I dropped to 40%. :(

Marvie_3

Banned
Red_Man said:
Glad I'm not the only one with this issue. Also anyone know why whenever I try and type messages in the club it writes the message out in all stars? It's really annoying cause I can't use my mic right now cause all my roomies are sleeping. Fuck that last game too pretty ridiculous.
Like hip checks, EA's censors are way overpowered.

LiveWire said:
Sorry for the weak draw percentage and lackluster checking from me in that one game guys. Definitely need to spend a lot more time in pick-up leveling this guy up. Also need to review the faceoff guide again. I was hitting 80% of faceoffs in the pickup game before we played and then I dropped to 40%. :(
Faceoffs are really inconsistent for me as well so far. I've had games where I'll win 80-90% and I'll have others where I get reamed in the circle.

Marvie_3

Banned
Milly79 said:
95 face-off and I've really had no problems.
Mine is 90-something. Might just be a tad bit of lag in certain games. I've had no trouble most of the time but then an occasional game will crush me.

Marvie_3

Banned
One thing I've noticed so far in the first 3 days or so is that we all need to be smarter with the puck. Seems like we're not making passes when we should or we're getting some pretty bad passes off. Obviously nobody is going to make a perfect pass every time but we're missing a lot of open guys and we aren't using the points nearly as much as we should. We've gotta improve on working the puck around and finding good shots.

Another thing I've noticed is that we're getting beat a lot on the rush. We've got too many guys getting too far up into the play and opponents are getting behind us way too often.

For all centers: We're getting killed on the shots from the slot. A center's defensive responsibility in to cover the slot and make sure opponents aren't getting good scoring chances. Defense in that area needs to improve.

Red_Man

That's pretty stupid there should be an option to turn the censor off and I had some bad games tonight the decision to move checking to the right stick is really fucking with me and I keep getting penalties for it. Btw im really digging the jerseys a lot better then some of the options put up in here :lol

Milly79

Marvie_3 said:
One thing I've noticed so far in the first 3 days or so is that we all need to be smarter with the puck. Seems like we're not making passes when we should or we're getting some pretty bad passes off. Obviously nobody is going to make a perfect pass every time but we're missing a lot of open guys and we aren't using the points nearly as much as we should. We've gotta improve on working the puck around and finding good shots.
This, by a mile.

And d. Don't PINCH unless you tell someone. Not everyone knows to fall back. Not Trying to toot my own horn, but I watch for that stuff.

Marvie_3

Banned
Milly79 said:
This, by a mile.

And d. Don't PINCH unless you tell someone. Not everyone knows to fall back. Not Trying to toot my own horn, but I watch for that stuff.
This is where good communication would help us too. The more we know about where everyone is going, the better we can work as a team. If you're wide open and someone doesn't see you, say something. Or if you're going to jump into a play, pinch, or dump the puck, the guys up front need to know so they can adjust accordingly and make sure we're covered on D.

Revenant

Marvie_3 said:

Another thing I've noticed is that we're getting beat a lot on the rush. We've got too many guys getting too far up into the play and opponents are getting behind us way too often.

For all centers: We're getting killed on the shots from the slot. A center's defensive responsibility in to cover the slot and make sure opponents aren't getting good scoring chances. Defense in that area needs to improve.

taking a look at my +/- i can vouch for that first being one me for sure.

D men do need to pick their spots better though, and at the least, please if you're pinching or carrying it in say so. your respective winger can cover your spot up high until you get a chance to switch

As a whole we've been a bit rough on defense. I know i've been cheating a lot and sort of trying to sit between the D and the forward rather than covering the point.

Milly79

Marvie_3 said:
This is where good communication would help us too. The more we know about where everyone is going, the better we can work as a team. If you're wide open and someone doesn't see you, say something. Or if you're going to jump into a play, pinch, or dump the puck, the guys up front need to know so they can adjust accordingly and make sure we're covered on D.
But getting everyone with mics is kinds tough. I agree though. Communication is needed more.

Speak up, people.

Marvie_3

Banned
Revenant said:
taking a look at my +/- i can vouch for that first being one me for sure.

D men do need to pick their spots better though, and at the least, please if you're pinching or carrying it in say so. your respective winger can cover your spot up high until you get a chance to switch

As a whole we've been a bit rough on defense. I know i've been cheating a lot and sort of trying to sit between the D and the forward rather than covering the point.
It's a team thing and we all need to get better. The first few weeks are a bit rough until we can get everyone integrated and on the same page. Much like real hockey, we need time to gel and there's going to be a learning curve.

Blinding

Milly79 said:
But getting everyone with mics is kinds tough. I agree though. Communication is needed more.

Speak up, people.

But I've never actually communicated during a EASHL game and all you'll hear is either "wow LET ME WIN A FACEOFF DUDE" or "oh hey look that didn't go where I wanted it."

About the getting too far ahead of the play, I've caught myself doing that a couple times, but that's mostly because it seems like the puck is going to get out of our zone. As for the slot play, some times I'll cover a guy in the slot if there's two, other times I'll pressure whoever has the puck and try to force a turnover, but I'll gladly help out with the slot more. I really think one of our bigger issues thus far is getting into the zone cleanly, though whenever I've gotten in and attempted to pass the puck to someone wide open the delay screws me over, so meh.

Milly79

Blinding said:
But I've never actually communicated during a EASHL game and all you'll hear is either "wow LET ME WIN A FACEOFF DUDE" or "oh hey look that didn't go where I wanted it."
Well, try. It's frustrating playing with people that don't talk. If you don't have a mic, that's fine.

Marvie_3

Banned
Blinding said:
Join in the fun! It's always fun to try and match my ability to string vulgarities together!

Revenant

Blinding said:

are you talking about us? Sure we have a lot of bitching and general profanity but I know I usually try and communicate with people at least some of the time.

pinching situations
odd man rushes
d men carrying the puck in
when you're open in front of the net
when the two d are chasing a puck deep
clearing around the boards to you partner

all perfect times to say a quick word or two. May seem trivial but it has cost us

Marvie_3 said:
Join in the fun! It's always fun to try and match my ability to string vulgarities together!

THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE!

highlander.jpg

Blinding

Milly79 said:
Well, try. It's frustrating playing with people that don't talk. If you don't have a mic, that's fine.

M'kay, next group of game I play I'll give it a try. I've just never done so before because it just seems awkward to with the second delay on the mics and how fast games tend to go.

Oh, and once I get my VGA splitter back I'll definitely be streaming some of our games for shits and giggles.

Marvie_3

Banned
Revenant said:
THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE!

http://www.routerfreak.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/highlander.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
I said he could [I]try[/I]. :D

If that NHL-GAF hockey game ever happened, you'd be amazed at what would come out of my mouth. :lol

Revenant

Marvie_3 said:
I said he could try. :D

If that NHL-GAF hockey game ever happened, you'd be amazed at what would come out of my mouth. :lol

depending on my mood I can really yap a shit ton. I think it would look something like this..

54296436.jpg

Marvie_3

Banned
Revenant said:
depending on my mood I can really yap a shit ton. I think it would look something like this..

54296436.jpg
Yelling at french girls isn't nice. >:|

'Hawks need to get Burish back too. I miss him. :(

Top Bottom