• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Slot Cloggers (NHL 12 EASHL)

BigJonsson said:
Can I get an invite to the 360 team? BigJonsson25 on XBL

welcome back

post your info (see post #2), accept my friend req and ill invite you today

edit: I saw and accepted your join request, still make sure you post your info in here, specifically your #, thanx

Marvie_3

Banned
That was easily the most irritating game of NHL I've ever fuckin played. If we'd lost that game I would have been on my way to trade this game in right now.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Marvie_3 said:
That was easily the most irritating game of NHL I've ever fuckin played. If we'd lost that game I would have been on my way to trade this game in right now.

I wouldn't have blamed you either, that was ridiculous.

Marvie_3 said:

Agreed that was miserable. It was good to finally get some games in with you guys. I should be around later if you are going to play again.

Marvie_3

Banned
Got the Shakes said:
Agreed that was miserable. It was good to finally get some games in with you guys. I should be around later if you are going to play again.
I'll be around later. Gonna go bike shopping for awhile first. Should be home by 9pm EST.

my bad for bailing on u guys, had to entertain company for awhile

im on now if anyone wants to play

msg me on live im gonna run some drop in games for now

Marvie_3

Banned
TheVisualizer said:
my bad for bailing on u guys, had to entertain company for awhile

im on now if anyone wants to play

msg me on live im gonna run some drop in games for now
You didn't miss anything other than 8 million hip checks and getting called pussies for not fighting.

zsswimmer

Whenever I hop onto club its like my guy is a totally diff build, can't make passes 2ft in front of me and Im just off my game.

The even weirder thing is I'm actually playing well in OTP and enjoying it. What is the world coming to??!!? o_O

edit: Gonna not play club for awhile, seriously IM FUCKING AWFUL AT THIS GAME BECAUSE THE GODDAMN DEFENSE CANT DO SHIT

Marvie_3

Banned
zsswimmer said:
Whenever I hop onto club its like my guy is a totally diff build, can't make passes 2ft in front of me and Im just off my game.

The even weirder thing is I'm actually playing well in OTP and enjoying it. What is the world coming to??!!? o_O

edit: Gonna not play club for awhile, seriously IM FUCKING AWFUL AT THIS GAME BECAUSE THE GODDAMN DEFENSE CANT DO SHIT
Yeah, defensemen are pretty much in position to get raped repeatedly in this game.

One thing any and all of us who are playing D need to do is STOP going out for checks at the blue line when the other team is entering the zone. It doesn't work and we give up waaaay too many odd man breaks because of it.

zsswimmer

BigJonsson said:
Marvie speaks the truth, you have to play boring and resist the urge to hit anything that moves

I'll be on in 45 minutes
Yeah its lame. Its just a neutered safe-play defense where you have to hope your 20 on the dot pokechecks will actually dislodge the magnet puck. Its fucking shit, I hope they release a tuner or something for puck control/stick checking

zsswimmer said:
Yeah its lame. Its just a neutered safe-play defense where you have to hope your 20 on the dot pokechecks will actually dislodge the magnet puck. Its fucking shit, I hope they release a tuner or something for puck control/stick checking

Try and use big body presence (Trademark Pierre McGuire) to force them into a corner or block a shot

Milly79 said:
Probably gonna quit for a month or so and go to another club. Way too many people.

let it be known, Milly and Marvie both retired before me this year...

zsswimmer said:

i agree that puck control is way too high, but once I got the hang of the new game I haven't had too many problems defending. Yeah, you can't use your NHL 11 play style of hit everything that moves this year, but it's all for the better. You just have to be more aware of your positioning and more important your spacing when poke checking.

Poke checking doesn't really work when you are right up on a guy. You have to be back off him just a little and work on timing it instead of mashing the button. It's all growing pains swim, that and your guys ratings are low. They force you to use all the tools this year, and even threw in a new shiny one with the tieup in front of the net which can be useful. Whereas last year I used poke check 99% of the time and pretty much dominated on defense. Can't get away with that right now.

Milly79

I'm still here though, ya fuck. Marv promised me beer.

Oh and Marv:

196358_1002445310648_1510290064_30008649_7738_n.jpg

198574_1002445350649_1510290064_30008650_8150_n.jpg

Suck me.

djm

Vis, since I've been led to believe you are the defensive guru around here, could you list off which stats you bring up to max/near max on your D-man?

Defensive awareness is 10 points up until 99 as a defensive defensemen, but is it worth getting that high? What about shot blocking? I found I can reliably do the stand up shot block by holding LB/RB as long as I'm not moving in a direction with around 60 shot blocking skill.

Marvie_3

Banned
Milly79 said:
Mine? :lol

Used to do it for fun.
You sorta look like a kid I beat the shit out of during a hockey game a few years ago. :lol

As far as the pics go, did you just want to see what it was like to stand next to players who will actually win Stanley Cups? Or is Toews' rugged manliness too much for you to resist?

djm said:
Vis, since I've been led to believe you are the defensive guru around here, could you list off which stats you bring up to max/near max on your D-man?

Defensive awareness is 10 points up until 99 as a defensive defensemen, but is it worth getting that high? What about shot blocking? I found I can reliably do the stand up shot block by holding LB/RB as long as I'm not moving in a direction with around 60 shot blocking skill.

Here's how I prioritize my attributes

#1- Stick Checking
#1A- Defensive Awareness
I try to have those in the 90's if possible

#2- Body Checking
You need this at least at 80 and also need a decent strength rating to be able to rely on this to knock people down when you need to

#3- Discipline
I like to have this at least 80, I've only gotten maybe 5 tripping calls in 90 games played with my discipline rating in the 80's. They don't really call elbows or charging anymore so this might not be as important.

I think the rest of the attributes are useless to me as a defenseman.

Shot Blocking from what I've read and seen only determines how fast your guy gets up from laying down to block a shot, and also if your shot blocking rating is really low your guy will do the standing block where he squeezes his legs together rather than hit the ground sometimes, which actually works better a lot of times.

Aggression or Aggressiveness, whatever it is, I didn't really see it making a difference last year with all the body checking going on, so I don't dump a single point in there.

Fighting Skill is useless unless you want to be a goon like my man Swim

Faceoffs is only needed for Centers

Right now I use the Two-Way build, I have my Superstar card and a few boost I've earned and my ratings are something like this

stick check 93
def awr 92
body check 85
discipline 85

Once I get my Legend and more +5 boost I think I'll have enough to max out stick check and def awr and ill dump anything leftover into body checking

Milly79

Marvie_3 said:
You sorta look like a kid I beat the shit out of during a hockey game a few years ago. :lol

As far as the pics go, did you just want to see what it was like to stand next to players who will actually win Stanley Cups? Or is Toews' rugged manliness too much for you to resist?
Psht. I have met plenty of NHLers better than Toews.

zsswimmer

TheVisualizer said:
let it be known, Milly and Marvie both retired before me this year...

i agree that puck control is way too high, but once I got the hang of the new game I haven't had too many problems defending. Yeah, you can't use your NHL 11 play style of hit everything that moves this year, but it's all for the better. You just have to be more aware of your positioning and more important your spacing when poke checking.

Poke checking doesn't really work when you are right up on a guy. You have to be back off him just a little and work on timing it instead of mashing the button. It's all growing pains swim, that and your guys ratings are low. They force you to use all the tools this year, and even threw in a new shiny one with the tieup in front of the net which can be useful. Whereas last year I used poke check 99% of the time and pretty much dominated on defense. Can't get away with that right now.
I think I average ~4 hits a game, maybe 5. And I'll have to disagree about the poke check, if you poke check the puck it should do something. I can't even keep people going wide (which is useless anyways in this game) because they waltz right through the my stick. I might have to buy some boosts -_-

zsswimmer

Clockblockers said:
If I want to join in and play with you guys do I need to create a player?
If you play online BaP you should already have a character. Then just follow the OP and post your desired number and name, etc here

Top Bottom