• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Slot Cloggers (NHL 12 EASHL)

Milly79 said:
NO MORE HIP CHECKS!!

...for now

there is a god...

I figured they would go this route, it's a big fix to "tune" the "physics" of the hip-checks in the game already, might as well just take it out

this about sums up how I feel about this "update"
happiness.gif

Revenant

if you guys want to go ahead and play then someone can take my spot, I have homework, an exam, and a project to finish over hte next 4 days, I'm not gonna have much free time.

Milly79

So, what's the roster then?

And whoever is playing D, please do not get caught at the blueline trying to throw a huge check. We cannot afford it at this crucial moment!

Marvie_3

Banned
gg's guys regardless of how it turned out

we played damn good for pretty much the entirety of all 5 games*, hockey is a cruel game sometimes...

on a positive note the games were so much more enjoyable without that BS hipcheck happening every 2 seconds, you guys who havent played since they rolled out the tuner yesterday are gonna love it

im prob gonna take a few days off, as I have to try to get the GAF FIFA Club off the ground, I'll link up with yall prob next week

peace

Marvie_3

Banned
TheVisualizer said:
gg's guys regardless of how it turned out

we played damn good for pretty much the entirety of all 5 games*, hockey is a cruel game sometimes...

on a positive note the games were so much more enjoyable without that BS hipcheck happening every 2 seconds, you guys who havent played since they rolled out the tuner yesterday are gonna love it

im prob gonna take a few days off, as I have to try to get the GAF FIFA Club off the ground, I'll link up with yall prob next week

peace
2mhixdk.jpg

Blinding

BigJonsson said:
loggin on

done for the night?

booooo

I'll probably be on later, I haven't been sleeping well the past few days so I'm drained atm.

Those were good games though, the ones we lost I felt we didn't lose because of our play, but just random bullshit that ended up going against us (especially that last game, who the fuck spits out a rebound like that?)

Also, I just did the math and if I had played the same amount of games as Marvie while keeping the same points per game average, I would have 124 points, so suck on that. :>

Milly79

Mind throwing my goal onto the first post?

And yeah, 6 hours... maybe. Hardly doubt we had been PLAYING 6 hours. At least 2 of them had to be:

A) Finding a team
B) Waiting for people to return from freezing
C) Looping
D) Disconnecting
E) Backing in and out of the room due to no captain

Marvie_3

Banned
Milly79 said:
Mind throwing my goal onto the first post?
Done. And way to pick the camera angle that makes it look like the slowest goal possible. :lol

Milly79 said:
And yeah, 6 hours... maybe. Hardly doubt we had been PLAYING 6 hours. At least 2 of them had to be:

A) Finding a team
B) Waiting for people to return from freezing
C) Looping
D) Disconnecting
E) Backing in and out of the room due to no captain
All that stuff in the game within the game. So technically, we were still playing.

Milly79

Well, looked the best to me. Slowed it down to 75. I would've split it up, but the clips are too short to do that.

And that's not playing the game to me. Fucking around in the menus isn't what I call playing.

Marvie_3

Banned
Milly79 said:
Well, looked the best to me. Slowed it down to 75. I would've split it up, but the clips are too short to do that.

And that's not playing the game to me. Fucking around in the menus isn't what I call playing.
You should though! If you finally get into a game and finish it without any bullshit, it's like you just beat the hardest game in the world!

Revenant

I'll be back on for the october season, after Friday afternoon I'll be relatively free for a week.

I may try out defense a little more, unless anyone has an objection.

Marvie_3

Banned
Revenant said:
I'll be back on for the october season, after Friday afternoon I'll be relatively free for a week.

I may try out defense a little more, unless anyone has an objection.
Nope. Means I can spend less time back there. :D

I just noticed the Robo Kovalev video. I guess he's finally decided to step his game up after Robo Jagr beasted in the playoffs last year.

Marvie_3 said:
Done. And way to pick the camera angle that makes it look like the slowest goal possible. :lol

All that stuff in the game within the game. So technically, we were still playing.
That was full speed right? It did feel like slow mo replay.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
So hey guys, I was either going to get this or FIFA, but I've always found the modern day sports games very unwelcoming to 'my kind' of people. FIFA 12 actually had a great tutorial in the demo. Does NHL have something similar?

Marvie_3

Banned
Giant Robot said:
anyone on for tonight? 8pm-ish or after, California time...
I've got some studying to do but I can squeeze in a few games tonight.

zoner said:
So hey guys, I was either going to get this or FIFA, but I've always found the modern day sports games very unwelcoming to 'my kind' of people. FIFA 12 actually had a great tutorial in the demo. Does NHL have something similar?
Yeah, there's a playable tutorial right in the game that will show you how to do everything.

Milly79

Doing a draft right now.

Um, I may be able to get some games in tonight, but I'd rather play Battlefield until my eyes bleed.

Revenant

Milly79 said:
Doing a draft right now.

Um, I may be able to get some games in tonight, but I'd rather play Battlefield until my eyes bleed.

I know the feeling, my hour and a half of game playing time this week has gone to the beta.

and I'll switch to D for a bit.

Figured if i remain in the top 5 of games played, then i might try out the one slot we could really benefit to fill, since if it ends up with Marv, Noz, and Milly, Viz, and myself then we arguably have our best forward line out there. Then Viz and I had a pretty decent run on defense together, granted it was only a few games.

Top Bottom