• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Slot Cloggers (NHL 12 EASHL)

Revenant

Locker Room Drama!

if manics was scripting this you guys would be going for a makeup trip to the sauna where you incidentally bump into a well oiled nazem kadri.

zsswimmer

First time using this one for the new thread :D
19753597_a8ae344812.jpg

djm

Hi. I had fun the few games I played with the club a week ago. The half-second input delay kind of put me off from online, though. I've been playing a couple drop-in games every once in awhile and then get frustrated because I can't body check anyone and constantly get deked/skated around playing as D. I'm sure my low rated guy doesn't help matters.

Is this how it is for everyone? My internet is pretty terrible, but I usually have no issues in other games. The netcode in this game doesn't seem to be so forgiving, though.

Marvie_3

Banned
djm said:
Hi. I had fun the few games I played with the club a week ago. The half-second input delay kind of put me off from online, though. I've been playing a couple drop-in games every once in awhile and then get frustrated because I can't body check anyone and constantly get deked/skated around playing as D. I'm sure my low rated guy doesn't help matters.

Is this how it is for everyone? My internet is pretty terrible, but I usually have no issues in other games. The netcode in this game doesn't seem to be so forgiving, though.
It can be pretty laggy at times. NHL doesn't use dedicated servers so you can get stuck with some shitty hosts at times.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I think Rev and Vis sent me invites today but my roomies having been watching videos all day so if it shows someone watching netflix/ or a video its probably not me. I tried playing some games late tonight but it was laggy as fuck. Also is it just me or are break aways fucking hard now? Don't think I've scored on one yet, but that could be cause I'm not that good.

Marvie_3

Banned
Red_Man said:
I think Rev and Vis sent me invites today but my roomies having been watching videos all day so if it shows someone watching netflix/ or a video its probably not me. I tried playing some games late tonight but it was laggy as fuck. Also is it just me or are break aways fucking hard now? Don't think I've scored on one yet, but that could be cause I'm not that good.
I scored my first breakaway goal tonight in an OTP game. It was.......beautiful.

Blinding

Marvie_3 said:
I scored my first breakaway goal tonight in an OTP game. It was.......beautiful.

Took you long enough.

I got two hat tricks when I was playing earlier, dunno why but it seems like I'm not getting retards on my team in OTP this year compared to last.

Marvie_3 said:
Exactly. It'll take a bit to get the hang of it but once you do, it's great.

Because if you're dumb enough to carry that much cash, you deserve to get mugged. They're trying to help you!

I don't want to carry but I have to carry it back from the ATM. Just stupid that a freaking ATM machine gives you $100. Like I got 500 euros from the machine, I got 4 $100, 1 $50, 2 $20 and 1 $10. I feel like such a jackass going somewhere and not spending much and having to break $100.

Clockblockers said:
Just got my copy (on the 360), this is my first NHL game since the gamecube/ps2 era. Looking forward to loosing a lot of games trying to figure out the control scheme. Any recommendations you got for me?

This is what I told the other person who wasn't used to the controls on the other page:

Don't give up on it. What difficulty are you playing on? Don't be afraid to play on the easiest difficulty and move up from there until you get a hang of the controls. If you haven't played previous NHL games since they redid the controls it's a bitch to play at first. I played 2k series until NHL 10 is when I made the switch and I absolutely hated the controls at first and actually played with "classic" controls until I finally gave in and tried to learn the new controls. They seem weird as hell until you use them more and then it feels like second nature. I'm sure most of us felt the same you do now, I know I did when I switched from 2K to EA.

It's going to suck at first, don't be afraid to play offline and lower the difficulty. At first it's going to suck ass and feel like you're never going to score and the CPU scores every single time but eventually it clicks. If you don't get everything don't worry about. I still can't do a single "actual" deke, I can skate around but the motions to do a windmill and other stuff around people I'm at a lost but Vis eats that shit for breakfast so I'm sure if you want to learn it he can help you. For dekes at least there are a lot of youtube videos that show the player doing it and it shows the two thumbstick inputs while their doing it so you know how to perform it also. Just don't get to frustrated if it doesn't come fast it took me a while to do it too when I switched at NHL 10 from playing the 2K series since dreamcast every year. Just keep at it, we all got frustrated as hell in the beginning too, you're not alone.

Edit: Also there are enough people on this team if you want to play practice games with some gaffers I'm sure they wouldn't mind taking some time and just doing practice if you don't feel comfortable enough to play an actual league game and help you get the hang of everything.

Marvie_3 said:
Is there a list anywhere of the games played/grade requirements for the new card system?

Holy shit, they seriously don't show that at all this year?

zsswimmer

Nozdeuce said:
:( This afternoon then?

I'd be down
My schedule is just tighter this year.. got a job and classes that are a lot harder. So my schedule usually is something like wake up at 8 to weight lift then later, class, lunch, work, class, eat, study/homework, and by then I don't really feel like doing anything but laying down and play on my laptop :(

zsswimmer said:
My schedule is just tighter this year.. got a job and classes that are a lot harder. So my schedule usually is something like wake up at 8 to weight lift then later, class, lunch, work, class, eat, study/homework, and by then I don't really feel like doing anything but laying down and play on my laptop :(

That's why EA should make NHL on the PC again. :(

Marvie_3

Banned
TheVisualizer said:
yo marvie I grabbed this a couple days ago and meant to post it for you

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheVisualizerYT?feature=mhee#p/a/u/1/8MZ5QpDmSqQ
HOLY SHIT LOOK AT HOW BAD THE VIDEO QUALITY IS

Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
I don't want to carry but I have to carry it back from the ATM. Just stupid that a freaking ATM machine gives you $100. Like I got 500 euros from the machine, I got 4 $100, 1 $50, 2 $20 and 1 $10. I feel like such a jackass going somewhere and not spending much and having to break $100.
Visa debit card?

Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
Holy shit, they seriously don't show that at all this year?
They show the next step after the game but I was curious about the upper levels.

Nozdeuce

If there was an Official MGO Community Leader, I'd be it
zsswimmer said:
Ahh right on, well whenever you're up to it then :) Everyone is always hogging the D spots anyway, poor Viz had to slum it at center the other day.

PS. if anyone is near as retarded as I am play the trial/demo for Burnout Crash.

zsswimmer

Nozdeuce said:
Ahh right on, well whenever you're up to it then :) Everyone is always hogging the D spots anyway, poor Viz had to slum it at center the other day.

PS. if anyone is near as retarded as I am play the trial/demo for Burnout Crash.
I will try to play more this weekend : )

Marvie_3

Banned
Nozdeuce said:

I'd say I'm equally, if not more, retarded than you are. I'm in.

Revenant

I'll be around in the afternoon i think, have some homework but it can wait a couple hours..

I have a very important nap to take right now though.

Marvie_3

Banned
Revenant said:
I'll be around in the afternoon i think, have some homework but it can wait a couple hours..

I have a very important nap to take right now though.
Oh no you don't! We have a Business Statistics exam at 12:30!

Marvie_3 said:
HOLY SHIT LOOK AT HOW BAD THE VIDEO QUALITY IS

crazy part is it was even worse, I used RealPlayer like you said and I am still not getting good results

moop1167 said:
Anyone know what the faceoff timings are for this year? Are they the same? I seem to be losing more faceoffs.

they are def different, here's what I think I've figured out so far

neutral zone - as early as possible
offensive zone - right before puck hits ice
defensive zone - ?

the defensive zone one has varied for me, I almost think there is something going on in the background that gives a big advantage to the offensive centerman no matter what. The timing is somewhere in the middle and it seems to be precise. Defensive zone draws were easiest to win for me last year and now I can't win any, even with my faceoff attribute maxed

Marvie_3

Banned
Revenant said:
:lol

should have thought of that before i loaded up on the rest of your beer this morning!
mkufdv.jpg

TheVisualizer said:
crazy part is it was even worse, I used RealPlayer like you said and I am still not getting good results
Maybe your computer just sucks. And I was kidding about the video quality. I can't tell the difference.

TheVisualizer said:
something going on in the background that gives a big advantage to the offensive centerman no matter what.
I've been noticing this too. I get crushed in the defensive zone.

Marvie_3 said:
I'm taking a break from club games.

let it be known Marvie retired before me this year

frustrating games this afternoon, my bad on the defensive end, I had some lapses and got tired of seeing u guys struggling to score so i tried to make things happen

u guys really need to dial back the forced cross crease stuff or be more creative in how u execute it. U cant just wait til the last second on 2 on 1s to make the pass.

how about trying a pass across earlier around the top of the faceoff circles and then immediately return the pass back across. You might get the defender to bite on the 1st pass giving u a 2 on 0 situation afterwards...

im on now until 8pm

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
1) Truelize
2) Centre - I like to be a playmaker, not concerned about scoring. Always been an assist guy.
3) 33 - or if I can get a letter of consent from Pheenix I want #3 taken out of retirement :)
4) I will figure something out. Right now I'm using my son's name but I'm not interested in putting it online in here. Pedos!

Let me know if I can play with you guys.

Question: are there any cheap skill packs this year to give your player a boost? I'm down with dropping a few bucks to not suck ass.

Truelize said:
1) Truelize
2) Centre - I like to be a playmaker, not concerned about scoring. Always been an assist guy.
3) 33 - or if I can get a letter of consent from Pheenix I want #3 taken out of retirement :)
4) I will figure something out. Right now I'm using my son's name but I'm not interested in putting it online in here. Pedos!

Let me know if I can play with you guys.

Question: are there any cheap skill packs this year to give your player a boost? I'm down with dropping a few bucks to not suck ass.

welcome aboard, accept my xbox friend req and ill shoot you a club invite today, ill be on this afternoon prob from 4pm-8pm EST if you wanna run some games, and if not people are usually on more frequently in the evening

ur gonna have to ride out with #33, no way you can get ph33nix's #3, he's a GAF legend. Oh yeah, don't worry about anything that Milly79 guy says about you, he's our team mascot, no one pays him much attention

as far as the boost packs, i think they are a pretty good deal, i bought one and thought it was well worth the 2 or 3 dollars, it will bump your rating up to around 79-81 and makes a big difference starting out. I just took my boost pack off yesterday after getting my Superstar card. Seems like maybe they cost less this year too.

peace

RS4- said:
I'll hop on now if Vis is still around

sorry dok, just missed us, I gotta roll out to work

gg's dpmcelmeel, we are the new "Weekday Warriors" since swim and everyone else abandoned playing clubs with me for their new shiny Gears of War games :(

here's our highlights from today, and a bonus clip on me doing work from last week:

Viz Deke to GWG
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6WxkmlbXbs

CPU Kovalev Making Things Happen
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68RJglJ1L7M

Viz Coast 2 Coast on Fools
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5mE_ea5IPc

ill be on tomorrow, peace out

Top Bottom