• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Slot Cloggers (NHL 12 EASHL)

Revenant said:
I know the feeling, my hour and a half of game playing time this week has gone to the beta.

and I'll switch to D for a bit.

Figured if i remain in the top 5 of games played, then i might try out the one slot we could really benefit to fill, since if it ends up with Marv, Noz, and Milly, Viz, and myself then we arguably have our best forward line out there. Then Viz and I had a pretty decent run on defense together, granted it was only a few games.

damn son, you throwing ether at my man dokterrhouse, no need for the disrespect

I'm pre-emptively declaring I'm not playing in next month's playoffs, I'm gonna let someone else get their shot next month to play on the big stage

Milly79

That's great, Viz.

And I doubt he meant any disrespect. D is basically the one key area the club has to work on as a whole, not just the position.

Marvie_3

Banned
I think what I meant to say is that we're overstocked on forwards and having a few more full-time defenders would balance us out a bit.

We do need to work on defense though. And scoring in OT of the final game in the playoffs.

Milly79

Marvie_3 said:
I think what I meant to say is that we're overstocked on forwards and having a few more full-time defenders would balance us out a bit.

We do need to work on defense though. And scoring in OT of the final game in the playoffs.

That, and that. I really don't know what more to do on D, though.

We sometimes have a bad habit of chasing the puck, which is the only glare I can see.

We get to the slot a lot and cover that. We are generally in the right positions trying to poke it away.

Defenseman try to line guys up too much at the blueline.

Revenant

TheVisualizer said:
damn son, you throwing ether at my man dokterrhouse, no need for the disrespect

I'm pre-emptively declaring I'm not playing in next month's playoffs, I'm gonna let someone else get their shot next month to play on the big stage

no disrespect was meant at all. kinda not sure where that thought came from.

Marvie and Milly get what I'm saying. Initially, we all had the most games played, by a wide margin, and the next closest were also forwards, then house, schuey, and Zswimmer all had a handful of games.

I think they're all good defensemen, but it seems like whenever i'm on club, that's the one position that's always open last, and either marvie or milly go fill it. I'm saying that it'd be more valuable during those situations for me to go back there since Marvie and Milly generate more offense than i do.

not to mention when we only have 4 people online it seems we play better with 2 forwards and 2 dmen.

The only person I'm calling out is myself, saying I don't generate enough offense when i'm up there.

I have me one o' dem NHL12 copies.

Fucking sweet game. Can't believe the original Mighty Ducks jerseys are included. Seeing Selanne in one with an A is awesome. Already gotten used to being a bit physical while goaltending too.

Marvie_3

Banned
Dastardly Jerks said:
I have me one o' dem NHL12 copies.

Fucking sweet game. Can't believe the original Mighty Ducks jerseys are included. Seeing Selanne in one with an A is awesome. Already gotten used to being a bit physical while goaltending too.
Now if only you still lived in this hemisphere.......

Marvie_3 said:

I can play D if we really need it. I'd play a stay at home defenseman and just put pucks towards the net, along the boards, and cycle from the point.

On that note, i've noticed when creating your Pro that you have 5 preset loadouts that you can have stats adjusted accordingly. Can I change my preset positions at the main lobby?

Blinding

Getting on now, I have my faceoff attribute maxed out so I *should* be winning a majority of my draws, though attributes don't mean anything on shit hosts.

Edit: Johnson, you need to start passing the puck or dumping it instead of trying to skate it into the zone, there were countless times where you tried to skate it in and resulted in it being turned over.

Blinding

BigJonsson said:
get on mic

Reason I didn't have my mic in is because I'm currently sick and my throat is too sore to talk. I wasn't trying to be a dick or anything, but after the 5th or so time that skating it in didn't work I was hoping you'd start trying something else.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Milly79 said:
NO MORE HIP CHECKS!!

...for now
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS not enough gifs for this thank the fucking lord, what a broken mess hip checks are its really unbelievable during play testing no one stopped and said "so does anyone else think these hip checks are retardley easy and overpowered?". First time I've been in this thread in a little bit, I played a couple drop in games today and got a couple hat tricks due to really shitty human goalies, so thanks to them for boosting my stats.

Blinding

Red_Man said:
I played a couple drop in games today and got a couple hat tricks due to really shitty human goalies, so thanks to them for boosting my stats.

Yeah, I tend to get one or two whenever I play some drop-in games, of course it can tend to haunt you when the goalie on the other team from the previous game gets matched up with you again and decides to be on your team. >>;;

Marvie_3

Banned
Blinding said:
Yeah, I tend to get one or two whenever I play some drop-in games, of course it can tend to haunt you when the goalie on the other team from the previous team gets matched up with you again and decides to be on your team. >>;;
That's why you take a mental note of their gamertag and avoid them. :D

Montresor

Oh good lord I'm loving this game more and more every time I play it. There are a bunch of awesome little things they added to NHL 11. I love the highlight system especially.

One thing that is sorely missing from GM mode is average ice time per game... If I look up Phaneuf I don't want to see 230 minutes played... I want to see 27:13 or something like that.

BigJonsson said:
I need a good build for an offensive defenceman..........

Or a site that explains which stats actually do shit this year........

for d-man I prefer the two-way D-man, the offensive d-man build gimps your defense attributes too much and face it, if you are lining up at d-man you should be more focused on playing defense than anything else...

I guess, the bodycheck stat does look really gimped =/

All I have as an offensive d-man is a strong-ish shot and speed and passing

I'll look into ti

BigJonsson said:
I guess, the bodycheck stat does look really gimped =/

All I have as an offensive d-man is a strong-ish shot and speed and passing

I'll look into ti

here's what think about attributes for d-men

OFFENSE

---------------------------------------------------------------
IMPORTANT:

-passing
-puck control
-slap pow

USEFUL:

-off awr
-slap acc

NOT IMPORTANT:

-deking
-hand eye
-wrist acc
-wrist pow

DEFENSE
IMPORTANT:

-poke check
-def awr
-body check

USEFUL:

-discipline

ABSOLUTELY USELESS:

-fighting skill
-aggression
-shot blocking
-faceoffs

ATHLETICISM
IMPORTANT:

-balance
-strength
-agility

USEFUL:

-accel
-speed
-endurance

NOT IMPORTANT:

-durability

Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
Hey Vis, how do you like FIFA? Shit is so good.

yeah its great, the new defending method/controls and all the other new additions makes it feel like almost an entirely new game. Nice that they added sliders too, might actually be able to get the CPU to play a good game this year instead of being cheap...

TheVisualizer said:
yeah its great, the new defending method/controls and all the other new additions makes it feel like almost an entirely new game. Nice that they added sliders too, might actually be able to get the CPU to play a good game this year instead of being cheap...

I haven't played CPU yet, we've been doing tournaments with the game. I'm still terrible since I haven't played in years but I'm starting to get better.

Anyone know if any attributes help getting quick one-timers off? My guy likes to settle the puck down a lot when trying to one-timer it. Maybe the hand eye attribute?

Top Bottom