• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Slot Cloggers (NHL 12 EASHL)

Marvie_3

Banned
20gej35.jpg

rbziw9.jpg

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
BigJonsson said:
Season starts Thursday!

I'll be watching the Leafs vs Habs at the ACC for the 3rd year in a row, love home openers, so fun

Thats awesome. Hopefully they don't have the lame water from all over Canada bit.

Edit: My wife and I could be divorced by the end of Thursday night.

SCHUEY F1 said:
Thats awesome. Hopefully they don't have the lame water from all over Canada bit.

Edit: My wife and I could be divorced by the end of Thursday night.

I forgot all about that lol, everyone in the arena was like wtf?!?!

The bagpipes are always awesome though, makes it feel like a big event

Milly79

Huge update...

1) Reduced effectiveness of hip checks to Versus and HUT, previously this was only applied to OTP/Clubs

2) Decreased distance traveled when diving for a poke check because it was too effective in certain situations (applies to all online and offline modes)

Milly79

I don't understand it.

Other teams can glide through checks and poke checks (specifically this), and my PC is pretty damn high yet I can't pull it off like them.

Marvie_3

Banned
Milly79 said:
I don't understand it.

Other teams can glide through checks and poke checks (specifically this), and my PC is pretty damn high yet I can't pull it off like them.
Same with me. My PC is 99 and my balance is 90+ yet I still lose the puck all the time.

Fuck

I was playing a HUT tournament and was up 1-0 on the Avs with 2 minutes left and they tied it and then scored the winner from the point with .2 seconds left

Fucking hell

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Was playin a versus game habs vs leafs and the guy was up 2-0 going into the third so I get two goals in the third and score in OT with 0.3 of a second left :lol guy must be so pissed hopefully this is a good omen for Thursday's game

Revenant

Giant Robot said:
haha yes. You almost had a similar goal again. Just keep bombing away. I didn't realize, but I got the tip in on that Thor's Hammer.

nope, i got the goal for that one :D, its just the way the angle/the crappy quality of EASW makes it look like you got a piece of it.

the "tip" at the end comes off the goalies glove, because my shot was so hard it shattered his wrist instantly..

what made this goal even funnier was the fact I was joking with snakes with lasers that its hard to consistently rack up goals/points in EASHL on D, and before that goal Milly had pocketed two on defense in his first game back there in awhile.

The best part was my goal was reviewed and still stood lol

I'll be home between midnight and 1am EST if anyone was down for late night clubbing again...........

I won't play centre this time.......until I can win faceoffs online =/

Can someone explain that to me? I dunno if it was my technique or not enough points in faceoffs

BigJonsson said:
I won't play centre this time.......until I can win faceoffs online =/

Can someone explain that to me? I dunno if it was my technique or not enough points in faceoffs

What I've also notice and tried to tell you is to set up in the forehand/backhand stance depending on the situation and zones you're in. You were always in the neutral position. Before the puck drops hold Left or Right on the Right Analog stick then from there are you can win multiple ways. Viz can tell you more, but some key elements are: stance, faceoff rating, countering, & zones. I'll tend to win the faceoff draw off the backhand in the Offensive and Defensive zones. I'll use forehand draw at Center Ice or Offensive zones. If I've been losing at faceoffs, i'll tie them up.

There are some strategies to counter i.e. Backhand draw against a Forehand draw, tie ups, etc.

Milly79

People need to use the counters more rather than winning it clean.

I win the majority of my draws that way. Way too many people try and win it outright. I was trying to tell Blind that, but I don't think anything was really working in his favor that night.

Blinding

Milly79 said:
I was trying to tell Blind that, but I don't think anything was really working in his favor that night.

Yup, games like that irritate the hell out of me because seemingly nothing works. He just kept going to the backhand and I attempted pretty much every thing you can and only won like, what, less then 5 draws?

Top Bottom