• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Slot Cloggers (NHL 12 EASHL)

zsswimmer

Some lame ass games tonight, literally was impossible to score. I think we lost in OT 4 or 5 after hitting a double post shot in the very 1st period. '_'

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Anyone know how long it takes for EA to update stats? It says I only have 10 goals but I know I'm closer to 25

good effort tonight by everyone, we caught some bad breaks and lost to a bunch of teams we should beat easily

I played pretty poorly in all phases especially that last game where I singlehandedly gave up 4 goals, sorry dudes

Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
Are backhanders more effective or do they still go over the net by 20 feet unless you're standing right on top of the goalie.

still the same, except they go in almost everytime BigJonsson tries one...

I'll be on today and tonight for games if anyone will be around

Nozdeuce

If there was an Official MGO Community Leader, I'd be it
TheVisualizer said:
still the same, except they go in almost everytime BigJonsson tries one...

I'll be on today and tonight for games if anyone will be around
I'll be around too

yeah ggs guys, started out a little rough, but as soon as Noz left we started winning more consistently... hmm...

don't worry Noz, I'm sure it was just a coincidence...

I'll be back on in about an hour

Milly79

Tipping just comes naturally with the hand-eye attribute. Not sure if offensive awareness plays a role in it.

You just tie them up by hitting them with the RS in the slot. Pretty sure strength and possibly balance play into how quick they spin off and what-not. You can't physically push them out of the slot because it automatically puts you in the animation for tying them up.

BigJonsson said:
Whats the best way to tip the puck?
And whats the best way to clear out the traffic in front of the net

best way to tip the puck is to either hold LT and faceup in front of the net while setting a screen or just skate towards the net from the side as the shot is coming in and your guy will put his stick out

Clearing traffic isn't the best idea, it backfires a lot. If it's a shot from the point you are worried about, I think the best method is to drift forward just a bit and get in front of the traffic and try to block the shot standing up.

If you are worried about traffic from the cross crease opportunities, you just need to position yourself inbetween the passing lane but slightly underneath it so the receiver can't slip behind you.

If you have another human D-man and you feel comfortable that he's got your back, the best way to clear traffic is to do the tie-up (click RS like a button) and then just move them with the LS while at the same time wail on them by mashing the RS repeatedly. I've never got a crosscheck penalty doing this and it can be effective if you guy is strong and/or big. If you just regular check them without tieing up you run the risk of getting a penalty.

Yea, I've been to worried about getting a penalty to be physical in front of the net but I've noticed whenever I stand in front of the net on offence their D sometimes starts to push me around quite a bit

moop1167

How active are you guys? My team has maybe 3 guys who play, and only 1 besides me that plays regularly.

I mentioned in last year's thread that I play LW, and that's pretty much all I play. Does that mean if I join up with you guys and Marvie is online, I am stuck in another position every time? :p

I am debating hopping off my team for a bit but I don't know.

moop1167 said:
How active are you guys? My team has maybe 3 guys who play, and only 1 besides me that plays regularly.

I mentioned in last year's thread that I play LW, and that's pretty much all I play. Does that mean if I join up with you guys and Marvie is online, I am stuck in another position every time? :p

we played 138 games in September, I'd say we get a few games in almost every day, every other day at the least. We were pretty active up until June or July in NHL11, so we aren't going away anytime soon. We play at all different hours, I usually play in the afternoons where we usually round up 3 or 4 people, and more people are usually available into the evening and as late as 2 or 3am ish EST.

As far as your position goes you can have it if it's available. If Marvie or whoever else is on and wants to play wing you guys can work something out, whether that's the other person conceding the side to you or you switching sides each game, that all depends on you guys working it out before the game.

No one to my knowledge this year or last has really thrown any fits over positions, we are pretty flexible. A majority of our players regularly shuffle different positions, and we have a stable of guys that can play pretty much all positions, besides goalie.

I can understand if you aren't good at defenseman, or even center if you don't feel comfortable taking faceoffs, but cmon, but if you aren't enough of a team player that you can't "sacrifice" and play RW from time to time, then I'll speak only for myself as 1 of several "leaders" of the club, we don't want you.

If you can get past not having a guarantee that you will be playing LW every game we are always welcoming new members, see the 2nd post in the thread and post your info if you decide to join.

-----------

I'll be on around 1pm EST if anyone is around this afternoon.

moop1167

I can play LW or RW no problem, but of the 3 people on my team, it's me at LW, another guy at C, and another at RW, so there is never really any need for me to play anything else. I'd be fine playing other positions as well but I work better as a forward setting up plays.

For the most part when my team plays it's just 2 of us, and while we don't lose much, it's not ideal because they aren't always available.

I actually post on a Capitals forum and we originally had a big team with 10-15 people, but as of last year when they stopped allowing multiple games, it got too crowded, and some of the people weren't that good so we split up. The only thing is that the other team is the one that is more active and with more members, but I don't enjoy playing with them.

moop1167 said:
I can play LW or RW no problem, but of the 3 people on my team, it's me at LW, another guy at C, and another at RW, so there is never really any need for me to play anything else. I'd be fine playing other positions as well but I work better as a forward setting up plays.

For the most part when my team plays it's just 2 of us, and while we don't lose much, it's not ideal because they aren't always available.

I actually post on a Capitals forum and we originally had a big team with 10-15 people, but as of last year when they stopped allowing multiple games, it got too crowded, and some of the people weren't that good so we split up. The only thing is that the other team is the one that is more active and with more members, but I don't enjoy playing with them.

cool I couldn't tell you were gonna take a hard line on playing LW or not from what you posted. We wouldn't ask you to play D or C or anything, more than not we have people that can switch up and play those.

you sound like a good dude and I wish you could join up with us, but we are already over our quota for Caps fans, can't have you bringing your choking ways in the clutch to our club...

too bad maybe next year :)

Marvie_3

Banned
moop1167 said:

How long you plan on stickin' 'round, pardner? We don't take kindly to no club hoppers 'round these parts.

1heoj.jpg

moop1167

Marvie_3 said:
How long you plan on stickin' 'round, pardner? We don't take kindly to no club hoppers 'round these parts.

1heoj.jpg

Shit, I don't even know. All I know is that no one on my team is really around. The one guy who is around a decent amount hasn't played lately either.

Milly79

Blinding said:
Sorry I haven't been on much lately, been busy watching my Canes blow/being sick.

Ward and Skinner aren't helping my fantasy team, bro... Talk to them.

Honestly, Canes are my second favorite team.

moop1167

Anyways, I'll leave my club tonight sometime or tomorrow, and let me know if you can send an invite my way. I'm pretty good, but I don't want to toot my own horn and suck ass the first game we play.

I'm just worried the weekend will come around and my buddy will be like "hey dude let's play a lot of NHL" and I am on another team.

Marvie_3

Banned
moop1167 said:
Anyways, I'll leave my club tonight sometime or tomorrow, and let me know if you can send an invite my way. I'm pretty good, but I don't want to toot my own horn and suck ass the first game we play.

I'm just worried the weekend will come around and my buddy will be like "hey dude let's play a lot of NHL" and I am on another team.
We can......but....

28c2fbs.jpg

moop1167

That is a shitload of people. What happens when 10+ are on? I HATE community haha.

I've been doing a lot of HUT lately anyways.

Top Bottom