• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Slot Cloggers (NHL 12 EASHL)

Revenant

How about i buy beer and drink it myself?

besides I don't have to buy beer for marvie since hes the one that actually exists as a person remember? if anything i mooch off his beer!

also I love how I score the most unspectacular goals looking at that backhander. All three of my recent highlight goals are weird bounces or bizarre happenings :lol

Milly79

Revenant said:
How about i buy beer and drink it myself?

besides I don't have to buy beer for marvie since hes the one that actually exists as a person remember? if anything i mooch off his beer!

also I love how I score the most unspectacular goals looking at that backhander. All three of my recent highlight goals are weird bounces or bizarre happenings :lol

My bad, it was Jonsson that posted that. You still owe me beer.

moop1167

Club cooldown is 12 hours right? So if I leave my team tonight before bed I should be good to go for tomorrow night.

Do people typically play on weekend nights? I don't really stay out as late anymore so I'd be down to play tomorrow night at 11 CST'ish.

Milly79

You shouldn't have to worry about a cooldown if you're just leaving it. If you joined GAF and then left you'd have to wait 12 hrs.

Milly79

That was the sloppiest bunch of hockey I've seen fucking played from us. I don't know how that last team really DIDN'T kill us, but we were lucky to get the win. It's so easy to defend against that figure skating shit.

Anticipation is key, guys. Look at the guys that are open on the opposing team and get your stick in that lane. I didn't contribute much offense because I was playing 3rd defense, basically.

Go figure, last night was when I felt I played my best offense in a while, and tonight it was the opposite with defense.

Legit - You need to stop trying to force the cross crease. There were countless times where I was trailing behind you or open in the high slot.

Not saying I'm a saint (cause I can fault myself a bit here, too).

If anyone is not using the overhead cam, switch now. It's essential to finding open skaters.

moop1167

Milly79 said:
That was the sloppiest bunch of hockey I've seen fucking played from us. I don't know how that last team really DIDN'T kill us, but we were lucky to get the win. It's so easy to defend against that figure skating shit.

Anticipation is key, guys. Look at the guys that are open on the opposing team and get your stick in that lane. I didn't contribute much offense because I was playing 3rd defense, basically.

Go figure, last night was when I felt I played my best offense in a while, and tonight it was the opposite with defense.

Legit - You need to stop trying to force the cross crease. There were countless times where I was trailing behind you or open in the high slot.

Not saying I'm a saint (cause I can fault myself a bit here, too).

If anyone is not using the overhead cam, switch now. It's essential to finding open skaters.

I think you'll enjoy playing with me, I love hitting the late man. Everyone always goes to hit you or attacks the puck carrier coming across the line, so I usually pull up and get a pass to the man streaking in the zone.

Milly79

moop1167 said:
I think you'll enjoy playing with me, I love hitting the late man. Everyone always goes to hit you or attacks the puck carrier coming across the line, so I usually pull up and get a pass to the man streaking in the zone.
I've been doing the exact same since '09. :D

moop1167

Milly79 said:
I've been doing the exact same since '09. :D

Well, yeah, it's a pretty standard hockey play, but this game makes it easy with the way people try to defend you.

Be prepared for a lot of saucer passes when I play lol. Too bad my guy is only superstar 1 or something so my passing is around 84-86. When I get it up in the 90's it's much better.

whattup pimps ill be on for the next 4 hrs until I gotta goto work

just hit me up if u wanna play, im only playing 3's or more from now on tho, no more 2's for me, it's too frustrating

moop1167

Marvie, when you get a chance send me an invite if you will. I won't be on until later tonight, though.

gamertag is moop1168 if you all want to add me to your friends list.

Marvie_3

Banned
moop1167 said:
Marvie, when you get a chance send me an invite if you will. I won't be on until later tonight, though.

gamertag is moop1168 if you all want to add me to your friends list.
Will do. Check post #2 when you get a chance. ;)

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I'll look for back passes, I changed my camera to overhead and its 10x better glad you told me about that, I could never see you before coming up behind me.

Marvie_3

Banned
moop1167 said:
Gamertag: moop1168
Primary position : LW
Jersey Number: 67
Player Name: Double Dion

GAF EASHL does not exist :p
That's because we're the NeoGAF Slot Cloggers. ;)

Sent you an invite.

Pretty brutal afternoon. Couldn't get much of anything going.

Jonsson, you gotta work on your positioning when you're playing wing. You tend to drift all over the place and cherry pick way too much. If you're RW, try to stay out to the side, especially when we're on a PP, so we have passing options. Whoever is playing C should be the one in close setting screens.

Milly79

I was getting some bad lag spikes every now and then throughout all the games. I don't understand how some games are so buttery smooth and the next game is tank controls and lag spikes.

Wasn't helping my decision making was horrible. Haven't been feeling too hot the past few days.

Marvie_3

Banned
Milly79 said:
I was getting some bad lag spikes every now and then throughout all the games. I don't understand how some games are so buttery smooth and the next game is tank controls and lag spikes.

Wasn't helping my decision making was horrible. Haven't been feeling too hot the past few days.
That's what happens when there aren't dedicated servers.

Thanks, EA

Milly79

so true. There should be a way to migrate host or at least CHOOSE who is the host rather than just picking home is host (off of the captain). So retarded.

Still, love the game and our team. Just wasn't our afternoon.

Marvie_3

Banned
Milly79 said:
so true. There should be a way to migrate host or at least CHOOSE who is the host rather than just picking home is host (off of the captain). So retarded.

Still, love the game and our team. Just wasn't our afternoon.
No, they should stop being cunts and use dedicated servers.

moop1167

Okay well I'll be getting on later tonight... maybe 11 or 11:30ish CST. Gonna go grab a few brews, but if anyone wants to play with the new guy later I'll post on here when I get back.

Marvie_3 said:
Who the hell are you again?
dmfz1s.jpg

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
GGs last night, that was my first night playing D full time, I like playing it but still getting into the groove and adjusting to different play style and speed but I plan on playing their most of the time now.

Red_Man said:
GGs last night, that was my first night playing D full time, I like playing it but still getting into the groove and adjusting to different play style and speed but I plan on playing their most of the time now.

Clog the slot and prevent passes

moop1167

zsswimmer said:
Argh.. literally got off 10 minutes ago after playing like 3 hours straight hoping someone would hop on -_-

lol... damn.

Well I'll be dicking around in HUT so if anyone wants to play post here or invite to party.

Marvie_3

Banned
Blinding said:
Yes please, host advantage should not be a factor in a fucking hockey game.
Exactly. While they're at it, they should also get rid of the fucking momentum/intimidation shit because it makes no sense most of the time.

gg's earlier to legit, dpmcelmeel and lord

we played pretty well despite losing a few, I was pretty surprised at the success I had on faceoffs playing center and the effectiveness of my loose puck dekes, I was making And-1 Mixtape worthy highlight reels out there today

Will be back on in a little bit and will probably be around pretty late into the night if anyone is jumping on tonight

Top Bottom