• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Slot Cloggers (NHL 12 EASHL)

Milly79

Typically you'll see 7-8 on at a time that actually want to play. In that case, the person that is either a) played the most that day or b) generous enough - will sit out a game or two.

Marvie_3

Banned
Milly79 said:
Which begs the question: why are they still on the team? It's an intimidating number to look at, honestly.
Because some people can't play as often? I'm not throwing people off the team because they have lives. :lol

moop1167 said:
That is a shitload of people. What happens when 10+ are on? I HATE community haha.

I've been doing a lot of HUT lately anyways.
There's rarely more than 4-5 on at a time. Occasionally we'll have to rotate spots but its no big deal. Last year if we had a ton of people on, we'd just play GAF vs GAF games.

Milly79

I'm talking about those that have played 0-10 games and haven't played since week 1 or so. I know some may come back, but realistically I doubt many will.

Blinding

Milly79 said:
Ward and Skinner aren't helping my fantasy team, bro... Talk to them.

Honestly, Canes are my second favorite team.

Ward seems like he's injured, he was having back issues throughout the summer. Skinner's +/- is because of the defensive pairing they have out with the first line, Kaberle loves to make stupid pinches that result in goals against.

Marvie_3

Banned
Milly79 said:
I'm talking about those that have played 0-10 games and haven't played since week 1 or so. I know some may come back, but realistically I doubt many will.
Not hurting anybody keeping them on the roster if they do come back.

I'm gonna log on now, take a break from some work I was doing

Damn you XBL update

WTF, the time elapsed for the game you guys are in right now is 1:13:00 thats gotta be a bug?

sefskillz

shitting in the alley outside your window
Milly79 said:
hey that's me!

moop1167

Okay, well it looks like Thursday night I'll jump off my current team for some weekend action with the Gaffers. Now that I have a gf long-distance I tend to come home earlier on the weekends and hit up NHL around 11pm'ish CST. I may actually stay in one night this weekend considering the insane amount of money I've been spending lately.

Gritesh

This game is the biggest piece of shit hockey game I have ever played.

Cross ice one timers go in every fucking time and you cannot defend against it without taking an interference penalty.

Not to mention the wrap around goals going in every single time.

It's to the point that in the last 3 seconds every time I can call it out

" that's a goal "

what a pile of shit, I will never buy an NHL game again.

Milly79

Uhhh, our D shuts down a shit load of cross-creases and the wrap around is non-existent due to the forwards mostly going down low to defend.

notsureifsrs.jpg

Gritesh

Oh I'm serious.

I played my buddy about 200 games since this came out and I have lost every single one by a goal spread of about 8 or 9 to maybe 2.

He does cross Ice pass to one timer every time and it always goes in, like I said as soon as the pass is initiated I call it on the mic "thats a goal"

And it is, every fucking time, I have never won a game against him because of this. And the wrap around's go in every time, almost always through traffic.

When you watch the replay its bullshit that the stick goes through like three players and puts the puck in the net.

The game is bad. When it gets to the point that I can call out goals 10 seconds before they happen and be 100% correct every time, its bullshit.

Milly79

It seems like you're talking about 1v1? In which case, that's your fault for letting it happen. It's a bit harder to defend those controlling the whole team, but you can definitely do it pretty easily...

I'll be at the Preds opener tomorrow. I'd love to play afterward, however.

And Blind, you should come on tonight and celebrate that 'Canes hard earned win with us. We should be playing fairly soon granted people get on.

Gritesh

Yeah 1 v 1, the AI is terrible that my I have to try to either
A) take the man with the puck and try to poke check which never works.

or

B) take the man that might get the pass and do nothing.

Tonight we were playing and I tried laying down to block the passing lane, the puck went RIGHT THROUGH my player onto the stick and boom in the net.

Goalies take 3 days to cross their crease so it goes in every time, same thing with wrap around shots to the other side, goal every time.

I may just be bad at this game, but after over 200 games in NHL 12, and like a thousand games played in each season before this, I should be better. It's impossible to defend 1 v 1 and the AI defense sucks and so does the goalie.

Game is junk, like I said. I can't believe I paid 60 bucks for this re-hashed POS.

Milly79

I dunno then, man. I never really had that problem when playing 1v1 and if it did happen, it was definitely my own fault for not taking care of it. Your buddy seems pretty cheap if he's doing wrap-arounds to the far side, which are a pretty easy goal. One-timers, however, are fair game.

Milly79

Alright, I'll be on as will Noz. Marv said he would play, but he got off so I dunno what he's doing.

I may have to run out in 30 or so for 5 minutes, so if I'm not responding that's why.

Marvie_3

Banned
One highlight from earlier today and a couple from tonight:

Marvie steals a goal from Viz

Marvie to Rev to Marvie

Rev's world class goal scoring

Damn good run tonight. 6-1-0 on the night. We got kinda sloppy on D and couldn't figure things out on offense at times but we played pretty well otherwise.

And finally, we have a positive goal differential for the first time this year!

BigJonsson said:
Whoa

I'm a +5 as a defenceman now
You can thank Milly and I by giving us some money. Or beer.

Marvie_3

Banned
This is fucking horrifying:

2lih35s.jpg

Top Bottom