• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Slot Cloggers (NHL 12 EASHL)

Blinding

Giant Robot said:
how do I participate in this Playoff draft?

Typically you'll get to play based on how many games you've played with the club and then I'm assuming it goes based off of performance. I didn't play too many club games this month (damn schedule interference >>;;) so I'm on the assumption I won't be playing, though I'll gladly take a free spot if one is provided. :>

Giant Robot said:
how do I participate in this Playoff draft?

its simply the 5 players that play most games during that given month gets 1st dibs on a spot on the playoff roster, the count is kept by Marvie and is reset each month

after that its up to those 5 people who have played the most games that month on their availability, if someone cant make it, then it goes to the next person in line (game played), etc...

I always play damn near the most games so I'll be near the top of the list each month and have decided to give up my spot to someone else to let them taste EASHL playoff hockey (unless we cant find 5 people to play...)

unfortunately i didnt see your name on Marvie's list so doesn't look like you will get a shot this month, gotta play more my dude!

this year's policy is all about rewarding those who put the most time and effort in, your performance has absolutely no factor in picking the playoff roster, we are trying to keep it as fair as possible

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
TheVisualizer said:
its simply the 5 players that play most games during that given month gets 1st dibs on a spot on the playoff roster, the count is kept by Marvie and is reset each month

after that its up to those 5 people who have played the most games that month on their availability, if someone cant make it, then it goes to the next person in line (game played), etc...

I always play damn near the most games so I'll be near the top of the list each month and have decided to give up my spot to someone else to let them taste EASHL playoff hockey (unless we cant find 5 people to play...)

unfortunately i didnt see your name on Marvie's list so doesn't look like you will get a shot this month, gotta play more my dude!

this year's policy is all about rewarding those who put the most time and effort in, your performance has absolutely no factor in picking the playoff roster, we are trying to keep it as fair as possible

Sounds fair to me.

so with me, Marvie and Milly giving up our spots this is the new projected roster

Rev
Jonsson
Noz
Legit
Swim

Alternates:
Dok
Moop
... more to be added by Marvie

BigJonsson said:
Oh no, I might have to play forward :|

u play better there anyway

no BS you've improved a whole lot since you first joined this year, all it took was trusting ur teammates, rather than carrying the puck in everytime and trying to take on the whole team by yourself and as a result youve become a good player for us and a lot more enjoyable to play alongside

Marvie_3

Banned
TheVisualizer said:
so with me, Marvie and Milly giving up our spots this is the new projected roster

Rev
Jonsson
Noz
Legit
Swim

Alternates:
Dok
Moop
... more to be added by Marvie
Tackle is next and then pretty much everyone else is under 5 games for the month so it's open season.

playoffs start tonight at 8pm, the game(s) can be played anytime until the end of the month

lets a get a roll call of those who will be participating, reference the list Marvie quoted in the post above

sounds like BigJonsson and Rev are playing

what say the rest of you?

Noz?
Legit?
Swim?

then it's up to yall to arrange a time that works for all of you

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I'd like to play some games tonight and get some more in as D I'm online not going afk for 15 mins

so if you guys want to shoot for tomorrow night at some point here's the latest count for who might be available for Friday night:

IN
Rev
BigJonsson
Red Man

HAVENT HEARD FROM

Noz
Dok

OUT
Swim
Moop

NEXT ON THE LIST
Tackle
Blinding

SITTING OUT
Viz (can play if needed)
Milly (can play if needed)
Marvie

I may be going out to watch World Series game 7 tomorrow but I should be around between 5-7 and then after 10:30 pm EST

Saturday I work until 5 and am free until 7ish

Sunday I work until 5 and then I'm free all night so far

Monday I work at night but am free during the day

Blinding

I can play tonight after the Canes game, and pretty much any time this weekend.

Also, I've been playing D a bit in drop-in games, and wow, not having a proper back checking forward make things impossible.

Marvie_3

Banned
Blinding said:
I can play tonight after the Canes lose, and pretty much any time this weekend.

Also, I've been playing D a bit in drop-in games, and wow, not having a proper back checking forward make things impossible.

Blinding

Marvie_3 said:
Considering how bad Chicago was for most of the last 15 years, that's not really much of an accomplishment. :lol

Considering how bad the Canes have been since the '06 Cup, I'd say it is. lol

I'll be home around 11ish EST tonight

But all of you wanting to play in the playoffs need to post your full availability so we can set a few times to play

sounds like the we can try to make this happen around midnight EST

We can try to go with this lineup:

C- Blinding
LW- GiantRobot AKA TackleJerry
RW- Big Jonsson
LD- Rev
RD- Red Man AKA Legit

I PM'd Tackle to see if he's available tonight, if not I'll jump in and play C or Winger

-----------
to Red Man, you mentioned you were down to play some games tonight, unfortunately we cant play any games until we finish the playoffs win or lose

the next game we attempt to play is our 1st playoff game

for those that dont know how it works, playoffs is a single elimination tourney where you have to win 4 in a row to win the monthly banner. Its setup like a normal game where you use the lobby. It usually takes awhile to get the games started because everyone "noob hunts" at playoff time and will constantly backout of the team selection screen until they find a team they think they can beat. It normally takes us at least 30 mins to find a game if not longer.

if we win the 4 games or whenever we lose, it kicks us out the playoffs then it frees the team up to play games for the rest of the month that dont count towards the standings

-------
im hopping on live now and probably will be playing some Battlefield for awhile, I'll check the thread before midnight to see whats going on and will be available if I'm needed

hit me up on live if you need anything

peace

Marvie_3

Banned
TheVisualizer said:
sounds like the we can try to make this happen around midnight EST

We can try to go with this lineup:

C- Blinding
LW- GiantRobot AKA TackleJerry
RW- Big Jonsson
LD- Rev
RD- Red Man AKA Legit

I PM'd Tackle to see if he's available tonight, if not I'll jump in and play C or Winger

-----------
to Red Man, you mentioned you were down to play some games tonight, unfortunately we cant play any games until we finish the playoffs win or lose

the next game we attempt to play is our 1st playoff game

for those that dont know how it works, playoffs is a single elimination tourney where you have to win 4 in a row to win the monthly banner. Its setup like a normal game where you use the lobby. It usually takes awhile to get the games started because everyone "noob hunts" at playoff time and will constantly backout of the team selection screen until they find a team they think they can beat. It normally takes us at least 30 mins to find a game if not longer.

if we win the 4 games or whenever we lose, it kicks us out the playoffs then it frees the team up to play games for the rest of the month that dont count towards the standings

-------
im hopping on live now and probably will be playing some Battlefield for awhile, I'll check the thread before midnight to see whats going on and will be available if I'm needed

hit me up on live if you need anything

peace
2e3y3qf.jpg

aight in less words for those that are partially illiterate...

this is the lineup for tonight after midnight EST

viz
bigjonsson
blinding
rev
redman

we can discuss where everyone is gonna lineup before we start

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Planning on getting BF3 this weekend so I won't be playing muh NHL next week or two with bf3 and midterms

Marvie_3

Banned
Milly79 said:
I play more D on BF3 than O. :(

And Viz, I'll come if someone else doesn't show, but I'm not going to take your spot.
Pretty easy to play D when you just lay on the ground fly your magic flower pot around. ;)

Milly79

You're just jealous you don't have it!

And like I said, I haven't adapted to the new style of assault in this game. It was way easy for me in BC2.

Top Bottom