• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Slot Cloggers (NHL 12 EASHL)

Marvie_3

Banned
Milly79 said:
You weren't there when he was saying he had to get high to play good.
Hey, check out this picture of moop I found!

101a.jpg

LOL

Won an 8-7 OT drop-in game when the other team called for the goalie to pass.........into his own net

We were down 4-0 in the first and came back to win after a few guys on the team started yelling at each other on voice chat.........had to kill off a 5 minute major with 2 minor penalties sprinkled in there in the first 10 minutes of the game :|

And somehow I got all A's

Anyone else noticing a lot more abusive language on voice chat in drop in games? It seems like its been ramped up significantly and gotten a lot more personal

zsswimmer

BigJonsson said:
Anyone else noticing a lot more abusive language on voice chat in drop in games? It seems like its been ramped up significantly and gotten a lot more personal
No, the only thing that really annoys me in drop in games is when people are just making their mic 'hiss' on purpose... its so loud it blares through my TV speakers.

On that note, I'm 5 wins away from my Legend 2 card and I keep getting paired up with fucking retards.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I'm gonna watch hockey / at bf3 but I'll up for some games any time so just lemme know if enough people get on

Blinding

Marvie_3 said:
Games like that last one make me want to just throw this game in the fucking garbage.

They were actually cycling the puck up until that last goal, which was nothing but the goaltenders fault. I was sucking ass at faceoffs and we weren't able to get any decent puck control whatsoever, and whenever we did have the puck and were breaking out they somehow managed to get fucking skates in the way, not sticks. Their first goal was pretty much because of me, I figured we'd get the puck behind the net so I was skating towards the right faceoff circle and left the slot wide open, what a shitty way to end what was a great night beforehand.

Marvie_3

Banned
Blinding said:
They were actually cycling the puck up until that last goal, which was nothing but the goaltenders fault. I was sucking ass at faceoffs and we weren't able to get any decent puck control whatsoever, and whenever we did have the puck and were breaking out they somehow managed to get fucking skates in the way, not sticks. Their first goal was pretty much because of me, I figured we'd get the puck behind the net so I was skating towards the right faceoff circle and left the slot wide open, what a shitty way to end what was a great night beforehand.
It's not that hard to get a cycle going when the other team cant get the puck away from them no matter what. All they did was dangle/figure skate around the ice the whole fucking time and load up on shit goals.

Milly79

I thought it was hilrarious. After the first goal I knew we were fucked, but I wanted to wait to bail. I don't even give a shit anymore. I know what this game is capabale of in terms of being fun or totally sucking ass.

Blinding

Marvie_3 said:
It's not that hard to get a cycle going when the other team cant get the puck away from them no matter what. All they did was dangle/figure skate around the ice the whole fucking time and load up on shit goals.

Yeah, I guess so, I just remember them scoring one after cycling the puck and just being patient in general until one of us just slightly got out of position. I had the same feeling as Milly when they got their first, right after they scored the first through that popped into my head was "Welp, I'm done after this game."

Blinding

Milly79 said:
Is my XBL messed up, or are all of you still playing. It would be pretty funny after all the complaints I'm reading. :D

I'm not. I went straight to dashboard right after I heard "If you guys aren't going to play then just fucking quit."

Blinding

Milly79 said:
Odd, then yeah XBL is messed up still. It hasn't been updating.

Was someone else standing still? I'll admit I was.

Might have something to do with the issues people have been reporting with MW3.

I was trying to poke check the shit out of whoever had the puck. :lol

gg's tonight, too bad it ended on a downer

I'm giving credit where its due, that last team was just better than us. Go ahead and discount their "shit goals", but its the same stuff we try to do game in and game out with cross creases.

I didn't think they did much figure skating, they protected the puck well and knew a few clever loose puck dekes down around the net to get them free, but 4 of their 5 goals came from just really good cycling and puck movement.

We dominate teams from time to time the same way, yall gotta stop being bitter and chalk that last one up to us getting outclassed. They played legit.

Blinding

TheVisualizer said:
We dominate teams from time to time the same way, yall gotta stop being bitter and chalk that last one up to us getting outclassed. They played legit.

I wouldn't say that I was bitter about it, just disappointed. If anything, I was pissed off by the comment I mentioned above, though I wasn't aware of anyone not playing, so I took it as "Wow you guys are fucking terrible."

Blinding said:
I wouldn't say that I was bitter about it, just disappointed. If anything, I was pissed off by the comment I mentioned above, though I wasn't aware of anyone not playing, so I took it as "Wow you guys are fucking terrible."

to clarify the comment you mentioned was from me and it was mostly because Milly put down his controller for like 5 mins and stopped playing after the 3rd or 4th goal in the middle of the 3rd, and multiple people were saying how hopeless it was throughout the game. The straw that broke the camels back was when all of you besides me stopped playing defense on the last goal because I got completely hung out to dry as 1 man defending their cycle by myself, I had to defend 3 players myself in the crease/highslot while no one else was in sight

I don't mind scouting teams prior to the start of the game and ducking teams that seem to have outrageously good records, more than likely because they exploit the game, but some of yall need to stop acting like bitches when the going gets tough and try to elevate your game when we do play good teams instead of blaming EA or calling them cheesers. learn from our mistake and get better

Point blank, that team was really good last night, but was beatable with the talent that our 5 players had out there, but I got the impression from the chatter on the mics that they straight up intimidated most of you early in the game, and then preceded to easily shutdown our preschool offensive because we always hurry it straight up the ice and take the 1st shot no matter how bad it is, especially on the powerplay. To quote Moop "do you guys even watch hockey???" We NEVER EVER use the man advantage as we should
and we had a couple chances in that game that we botched terribly.

btw, heres some news about the new tuner for anyone playing Center:

----v1.02 Updated----

Increased the penalty for not selecting a side during a face-off. Some users were rapidly changing sides or not choosing a side and still winning a high frequency of face-offs. Now you will be more likely to lose the face-off if you aren't selecting a side and holding that side until the puck drops.

Blinding

Milly79 said:
Don't be grouping me in the "rush up and take a shot" offense.

I only did that a couple times and that was either because I was trying to dump it and the game decided that it was a shot instead, or because I saw nothing else worth attempting. I try to avoid turning the puck over on the rush as much as possible, and if I don't feel like I can get the puck across to whoever else is driving the net then I'll either shoot and hope one of us picks up the rebound or double back to see if I can open up a lane.

Milly79

Not trying to call you out, but you've been doing that a lot lately. I try and trail you quite often, hoping for a pass back, but it never happens. You'll either try and force the cross crease (I do it too), or you'll take a shot yourself (which is ok if you don't wanna pull back).

Blinding

Milly79 said:
Not trying to call you out, but you've been doing that a lot lately. I try and trail you quite often, hoping for a pass back, but it never happens. You'll either try and force the cross crease (I do it too), or you'll take a shot yourself (which is ok if you don't wanna pull back).

Yeah, it's something that I got back into last season when I didn't play that many club games, I'll just have to adjust and the like. It's not like I'm purposely trying to be selfish, it's just a bad habit.

Top Bottom