• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Slot Cloggers (NHL 12 EASHL)

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I'm gone for this weekend, and have a midterm on tuesday, so I probably won't be on until tuesday night. My roomies will be playing BF3 while I'm gone so if you see me online don't bother sending an invite.

zsswimmer

OK you guys know that annoying diving towards the goalie glitch that literally 90% of players are doing now? Here's what one of the devs said on the forum:

We are aware of this issue and we attempted to fix this for our last patch but were unsuccessful. When the puck is poked free, the goalie technically doesn't have full control of the puck. Often times the puck is in equipment or he is about to cover but doesn't have possession of it. It is unfortunate, but will look to have this addressed for NHL 13.

As far as using this as an exploit, I would avoid using it since it is a pretty cheap move to do. If the other team is using it repeatedly against you then you can probably justify that it's now fair game to use it.

Also, I have found that it is rare that it directly results in a goal since most of the time the puck is just poked free.

So we gotta put up with a year of this bullshit.

Milly79

I haven't seen too much of that in EASHL yet. I've only seen where they poke it free, but that has been in the game since '09 if I recall correctly. Oh well, something new to exploit for me!
kidding :lol

zsswimmer

I haven't seen too much of that in EASHL yet. I've only seen where they poke it free, but that has been in the game since '09 if I recall correctly. Oh well, something new to exploit for me!
kidding :lol

I have never seen it like this in 10 or 11, and those games I played non stop. In OTP it's almost guaranteed that one shit head will be doing this, and after the first person starts its like a sea of players diving towards to goalie.
yahoo_39.gif

OK you guys know that annoying diving towards the goalie glitch that literally 90% of players are doing now? Here's what one of the devs said on the forum:

So we gotta put up with a year of this bullshit.

:lol You expected otherwise? They probably won't even fix it for next year... Hey we tried to but it didn't work (lulz!) so we'll be sure to look over it for NHL 14!

The game's been out a month and they've completely given up on a fixing a game break glitch. Why do all sports games suck so much ass?

Milly79

I wouldn't call that game-breaking at all. None of the glitches were game breaking imo, as none of them were sure wins. Maybe the pause glitch if you could pull it off correctly.

Glitches yes, but defendable.

zsswimmer

I wouldn't call that game-breaking at all. None of the glitches were game breaking imo, as none of them were sure wins. Maybe the pause glitch if you could pull it off correctly.

If you can win a game by diving into the goalie who already has the puck covered, it is game-breaking imo. How do you defend it? I only play defense so I get to see it directly in front of me all the time.

You could say the cheese wrister is somewhat defendable since you can block it but theres no way to stop someone sliding into the goalie. They honestly should just remove offensive zone diving.

How is a glitch where you dive into a goalie defendable? And EA comes off as a gigantic shithead with their response that pretty much amounts to "durr just glitch them back".

Milly79

Umm. Like they said, it doesn't go in very often. It just knocks it loose. And if you're in the slot you should be up on them anyway, right? I mean that's defense.

Marvie_3

Banned
Umm. Like they said, it doesn't go in very often. It just knocks it loose. And if you're in the slot you should be up on them anyway, right? I mean that's defense.

So you're just supposed to catch the guy as he's diving and throw him over the boards?

Milly79

A tie up would suffice, but not too many people are smart enough to do that.

Either way, it's not HERP DERP game breaking. Jesus Christ, guys. That was the point.

Marvie_3

Banned
When the goalie actually makes a save yet people can still knock the puck away and score with some bullshit tactic, I'd say that's pretty fucking gamebreaking.

Considering I haven't seen it being overused in EASHL. I don't give a fuck.

agree, ive played more club and drop-in games then all of you, and unless people just started using it more recently, i just havent seen it happening much so its not as big of a deal as some of you drama queens are making it out to be

should it be fixed, of course, but im not losing any sleep over it

like Milly says, it rarely goes in, even before I saw how this diving thing worked, as a d-man I go right to the front of the net when the goalie makes a save anyway to clear the porch and make sure i clean up any bounces

do that and you will be in good position most times to snatch up any pucks that come loose from this douchebaggery

zsswimmer

Fucking hell, I've been trying to get 5 wins for my Legend 2 card for the past 2 weeks, and finally its gotten down to 1 more win. So I ended up playing around 2.5 hours combined today and of course, 0 wins. The highlight? Getting up 3-0 in the 3rd period only to have the user goalie leave his controller and let in five goals.

Forever a Legend 1
Untitled-1.jpg

Fucking hell, I've been trying to get 5 wins for my Legend 2 card for the past 2 weeks, and finally its gotten down to 1 more win. So I ended up playing around 2.5 hours combined today and of course, 0 wins. The highlight? Getting up 3-0 in the 3rd period only to have the user goalie leave his controller and let in five goals.

Forever a Legend 1
Untitled-1.jpg

same shit happened to me at Legend 3, I was cruising along then couldn't buy a win in drop-ins when I got to needed the last 10 wins

gg's tonight again Moop & Milly

Red_Man

So, do we have Blind and Legit back?
I have a pretty busy week, I might be able to hop on tuesday for a couple but I've got the kanye concert on wednesday and a shitload of school work to finish by sunday. Once next monday hits ill be up for games pretty much all nights, just gotta get through this week.

Milly79

I have a pretty busy week, I might be able to hop on tuesday for a couple but I've got the kanye concert on wednesday and a shitload of school work to finish by sunday. Once next monday hits ill be up for games pretty much all nights, just gotta get through this week.

Take me to Kanye, please.

Red_Man

Take me to Kanye, please.
Almost had to offer up an arm and kidney for it...$167... but I'll take pics :D aha, hopefully when I get playing again in a week I can use my mic more too, just we always play so late and my roomies are always sleeping so I never can say much.

Red_Man

Lagged out that last game so I just quit cause I gotta get up early and head to Toronto for the day, but good games otherwise for the most part except for my dive that put the puck in the net :lol

Marvie_3

Banned
Making my return but I can only play on weekends for the next couple weeks. Picked up a temp job for a little cash and I have zero time on weekdays right now.

Milly79

Who's up for some pre-Thanksgiving games? I'll be on after the Preds game again.

I know Legit is out partying with Kanye, soooo. Viz/Blind? Let's do it.

Making my return but I can only play on weekends for the next couple weeks. Picked up a temp job for a little cash and I have zero time on weekdays right now.

good to hear u are alive and well, get dat money son!

Who's up for some pre-Thanksgiving games? I'll be on after the Preds game again.

I know Legit is out partying with Kanye, soooo. Viz/Blind? Let's do it.

yeah ill be around, just msg me on live, we need some more players cuz i dont want to have to watch you and Blind diving at the goalie all night, that shit is weak

Top Bottom