• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Slot Cloggers (NHL 12 EASHL)

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Dont think I'm gonna be able to make it on for a while sorry guys my friends dealing with some rough shit maybe tomorrow night will work better?

Milly79

I can whenever. Moop is gonna be the hard one, I believe as I've never seen him play before 10 cst. :lol

If you guys wanna do it earlier so we can get some regular games in (depending on how far we go), I'm down for that as well.

Blinding

I can whenever. Moop is gonna be the hard one, I believe as I've never seen him play before 10 cst. :lol

If you guys wanna do it earlier so we can get some regular games in (depending on how far we go), I'm down for that as well.

Whenever works for me as well, earlier is probably better for me though.

Blinding

Ready to play now blinding? We're all on

Fuck, really? I had switched over like an hour ago but because I left my box on all day my list was delayed so I never saw anyone hop on.

Edit: I'm sitting in the lobby now, just wanna get this shit over with so I can stop accidentally screwing you guys out of playing.

Blinding

Well that sucked, thought we should've put in a couple based on how we were playing but we kept trying to go for those seam passes and having them deflect or end up going to our AI who didn't have a fucking clue about what to do.

I'm going to go sleep now, since my head is throbbing painfully from this fucking virus I caught or whatever. Hopefully things settle over here so I can get back to feeling and playing normally.

Milly79

Thought we played pretty well. I don't know what really went wrong... I know we made a couple of mistakes and didn't have much time on attack, but we had some solid chances and their team was not good at all. Like I said to everyone else, had we not had a CPU LW we would've won that game easily. They were garbage and especially lucky to hold a 1-0 lead through 2 periods.

Ah well, our record this month was pretty good, but there was more to be desired the entire month. We played more than our fair share of OT games and lost more than we won them.

Well, I'll be here all night if anyone wants to hop on later. I'm sure Moop will turn up at some point and we can roll 4/5 (hopefully).

Solid month, but lets improve next month.

Red_Man

Yea we played pretty well imo, had some really good chances that just didn't go in and that fucking CPU was garbage, botched so many passes, and got in my way to prevent a 3 on 2. My roomies are gonna watch a movie on my xbox but I might be game to play some more later tonight.

disappointing 1st round exit

ill be the dissenting voice here though

u 3 thought we played well, defensively...yes

offensively we played like shit, im not pointing fingers at anyone. The CPU was worthless but besides that fact i dont remember us getting 1 good scoring chance the whole game besides 1 good shot from the point from Legit, otherwise we didnt threaten at all

it concerns me a bit that u guys thought we played so well, we played average at best and got the result we deserved...

Milly79

Average, yeah. Didn't say we played amazing, but we didn't deserve to lose at all. CPU botched quite a few attempts when being passed to, and his passes were way off especially when we could've had a quality chance.

Did we make many chances ourselves? No. We didn't deserve to lose, however.

My guy is utter shit. 89 accel, 95 speed, 80 something agility and 80 something endurance and he still can't beat anyone to a loose puck. I balanced him out after getting tired of getting checked and his attributed are better than my one trick pony sniper I had set up. I don't understand... Game is so... Inconsistent.

Red_Man

I guess I'm looking more from the defensive perspective, where besides 1-2 rushes which we recovered on we did pretty well, and the one goal that got off we had no chance on really. I remember 2-3 decent chances, but yea we were having a hard time moving it up into their zone, I was just so focused on trying to not get caught.

Red_Man

Man fuck online versus mode, no other game type or game makes me want to destroy my controller, so much bullshit its ridiculous. If I didn't play / enjoy club games I'd be done with this game.

Man fuck online versus mode, no other game type or game makes me want to destroy my controller, so much bullshit its ridiculous. If I didn't play / enjoy club games I'd be done with this game.

yeah its horrible this year, I used to play VS mode and coop VS mode exclusively in NHL09 and NHL10 before I started playing EASHL last year and its taken so many steps back since then. The speed is set too slow, the puck control/figure skating is 100x worse than club and there is this artificial button lag when passing / switching players that kills the flow of the game. It's beyond terrible...

Blinding

Average, yeah. Didn't say we played amazing, but we didn't deserve to lose at all.

Hit the nail on the head. Just because we didn't play at a high level of play doesn't mean we deserved the loss, I mean, when they scored we were doing everything we were suppose to do (covering guys in the slot, putting pressure on guys around the board,) 9 times out of 10 a guy in his position either wouldn't have had that much power on the shot or would've missed.

oh shit, peep the news in the screenshot below

I swear I didn't post that myself

allstar.jpg

*Jagr announces his triumphant return to Comedy Hockey!

I just redeemed a code for 3 months of xbox live so if anyone wants to see how bad the lag is for playing with someone in germany hit me up! :D:D:D:D:D

welcome back zaraki, not too shabby for a 1st game for you, 2 goals an assist and won a fight for the gordie howe hatty

yeah u gotta watch the interference now, u gotta pull up rather than recklessly crash the net hard now

marvie take this bums retired banner down when u get a chance

oh yea im working on some new jerseys as we need a fresh start after how last month ended

sounds good, but thought you were done?? :p

man you know me, I got a reputation to uphold.

I hadn't threatened retirement in awhile, had to let one of you suckers beg and plead for me to not go to help me stroke my ego

last year it was Marvie who gave the speech and this year you were the fool, congrats

btw here's what I came up with for potential new jerseys, all 3 of you that still play and post in the thread go ahead and hurl your insults...

502A0001_2_JPEG_SCREENSHOT_ZBI.jpg

502A0001_3_JPEG_SCREENSHOT_wZf.jpg

502A0001_0_JPEG_SCREENSHOT_nkW.jpg

502A0001_1_JPEG_SCREENSHOT_wUi.jpg

Milly79

Psht. All I said was that you basically held us together and lead us. Big whoop.

Anyway, they both look decent. I'd rather go with the greens.

welcome back zaraki, not too shabby for a 1st game for you, 2 goals an assist and won a fight for the gordie howe hatty

yeah u gotta watch the interference now, u gotta pull up rather than recklessly crash the net hard now

marvie take this bums retired banner down when u get a chance

oh yea im working on some new jerseys as we need a fresh start after how last month ended

Ya, I used to just letting my guy keep going and fighting for the puck but now it's always interference. That's how I accidently got into that fight at the end. I still have no idea how I won that. :lol I still kind of rusty so I have to get used to it again. I just hate having no slots again and my guy is slow as dogshit right now.

Marvie_3

Banned
Ya, I used to just letting my guy keep going and fighting for the puck but now it's always interference. That's how I accidently got into that fight at the end. I still have no idea how I won that. :lol I still kind of rusty so I have to get used to it again. I just hate having no slots again and my guy is slow as dogshit right now.

You could always play OTP to build up your stats.....

You could always play OTP to build up your stats.....

I have been, I only played one game with vis and had enough to level up. I just got my xbox live yesterday when I posted so I couldn't before that. I played all night.

Yesterday was so nice, they were actually fun games in OTP and now all this morning it's just fucking glitchers. Fucking stupid.

Top Bottom