• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Slot Cloggers (NHL 12 EASHL)

Marvie_3

Banned
I'll be on in 7 more days.
qeyd3.jpg

Blinding

How many game misconducts is that for me now?

Annnnnnnnd I'm done for a little while, that was fucking ridiculous. We didn't get outplayed, we got out glitched, and that shit is beyond infuriating.

Milly79

Gameplay
- Exploit where a user is able to skate wide and use vision control to take a slap shot and score while the goalie is out of position
- Exploit where when the goalie is covering the puck, a diving player could sometimes knock the puck loose
- Situation where the game would sometimes, but very rarely crash during instant replay
- Situation where a stick check would sometimes crash the game

No more diving. :[

Whoops, January patch.

moop1167

Is the slapshot wide thing referring to where the people would just come down and rip those high percentage slapshots short side?

zsswimmer

Gameplay
- Exploit where a user is able to skate wide and use vision control to take a slap shot and score while the goalie is out of position
- Exploit where when the goalie is covering the puck, a diving player could sometimes knock the puck loose
- Situation where the game would sometimes, but very rarely crash during instant replay
- Situation where a stick check would sometimes crash the game

No more diving. :[

Whoops, January patch.

YesJackNicholson.gif

That was the worst we've played in a long time.

agreed, all those teams were pretty beatable, the last team was the best of the bunch and that's the one closest we came to winning so go figure...

I think our defense has been pretty good besides our d-men (me included) getting caught at the blue line either going for checks or just flatfooted, we gotta make an effort to be better there, should only really be going for that big hit if they are along the boards. Think about it, the reward generally isnt good enough to take that risk. You rarely see that open ice hit lead to a breakaway, the puck usually shoots out at a bad angle. We gotta stop trying it.

Offensively we were a mess tonight, all 4 of us who played forward were guilty of skating into too much traffic, we gotta try some different tactics. I'd like to see us getting pucks in deep by charging up and passing the puck around behind the net more if there is nothing there. Defenses never expect that and if the opposite winger has an idea that it is coming you have a really good chance of getting to the puck and allowing us to have some in zone time on the puck. Doing this a few times also loosens up there D for getting it back to the point or doing other things. We are too easy to defend right now.

We should also try mixing in some dump and chase here and there, and maybe throw some pucks at the net as soon we cross the blueline from time to time as hope for juicy rebounds, that seems to work for other teams against us.

One more thing, d-men need to pull the trigger on shots when there is an opening, if there is traffic in front just fire wristers on net and things happen. Too many times I see dmen get setup with a good drop back or a pass from the opposite winger and they pass up the shot. In general the dmen rarely get pucks passed back to them, so when you do get it, I'd like to see you shooting more. Only wind up for the slapper when you have plenty of time. Just fling wristers at the net.

Marvie_3

Banned
I'm going to figure out the playoff roster later today. I can only play from the 27th-29th, so if we can't get in by then, someone else can take my spot.

I'm going to figure out the playoff roster later today. I can only play from the 27th-29th, so if we can't get in by then, someone else can take my spot.

with how we played this month the the inevitable disappointment to come, we should just skip the playoffs and pretend we didn't qualify this month... :)

TRIPLE POST!

since Marvie is busy driving Jihad Jeeps in Battlefield 3 I did the numbers for the playoff roster myself for December:

GMS PLAYED

1-Viz
2-Legit
3-Marv
4-Milly
5-SuperSonic

------

6-Dok
7-Moop
8-Blind
9-Schuey
10-Swim

------------------

far as availability:

-Milly isnt back until the 28th
-Marv can play 27-29th
-Super ???
-Legit ???

I can play any day after 8pm, but if someone below wants my spot let me know and I'll sit out this month, Dok? Moop? Post in here, just say the words and it's yours.

moop1167

Good games as well. Won a few in a row, lost a few in a row, but ended on a good note. It did seem as though the games we lost we lost by a good amount. Oh well. Our goalie that one game... lol.

As for playoffs and stuff, I don't think I'll be around for another week or so, got my gf coming in town to stay with me starting on Wednesday up until the middle of next week, so I doubt I'll be able to get on.

Milly79

If we played tomorrow it would have to be before 7pm cst or after 930 cst.

Also, how much have you guys played since I've been gone? Seems like there hasn't been too much unless you guys haven't posted after some games.

moop1167

I can actually play tonight if anyone wants. It doesn't have to be playoffs, but I'd like to play since I won't be on for a week or so after tonight.

Let me know if anyone wants to get on later tonight.

Also, how much have you guys played since I've been gone? Seems like there hasn't been too much unless you guys haven't posted after some games.

we aint played much at all, just yesterday

I can actually play tonight if anyone wants. It doesn't have to be playoffs, but I'd like to play since I won't be on for a week or so after tonight.

Let me know if anyone wants to get on later tonight.

ill be on if we can find a 3rd person for some non-playoff action

zsswimmer

Good couple of games vis marv moop. Rough start (which was bullshit imo) but we picked it back up. I figured I'd retire the night on a positive note, and you cant get much better than a 6-1 victory.

ggs, moop, swim, marv and tackle

bout time we won some goddamn games!

felt like I got my mojo back tonight after a few games, even felt great playing D at the end of the night

pulled off this beauty too
http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/107936577

---

Blind you can have my spot for the playoffs since you've expressed interest in playing, so long as Dok doesn't mind as he's ahead of you in the pecking order

Marvie_3

Banned
Good couple of games vis marv moop. Rough start (which was bullshit imo) but we picked it back up. I figured I'd retire the night on a positive note, and you cant get much better than a 6-1 victory.
Would have been better if you hadn't given up that breakaway goal to that cherry picker. ;)
ggs, moop, swim, marv and tackle

bout time we won some goddamn games!

felt like I got my mojo back tonight after a few games, even felt great playing D at the end of the night
Yeah we played pretty solid all around. Should have won that game we lost in 2OT but oh well. There was maybe one or two games where my player didn't feel like a tank. I think I need to redo my RW build.

zsswimmer

Would have been better if you hadn't given up that breakaway goal to that cherry picker. ;)

....................../´¯/)
....................,/¯../
.................../..../
............./´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸
........../'/.../..../......./¨¯\
........('(...´...´.... ¯~/'...')
.........\.................'...../
..........''...\.......... _.·´
............\..............(
..............\.............\...

Marvie_3

Banned
....................../´¯/)
....................,/¯../
.................../..../
............./´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸
........../'/.../..../......./¨¯\
........('(...´...´.... ¯~/'...')
.........\.................'...../
..........''...\.......... _.·´
............\..............(
..............\.............\...

:lol

We could have played OTP hockey(5 forwards) and still beaten that team.

zsswimmer

:lol

We could have played OTP hockey(5 forwards) and still beaten that team.

........................,,-~*~,,
......................./:.:.:.:.:.|
......................|;.;.;.;.;./
......................|.;.;.;.;.|
............._,,,,,_.).;.;.;.;.|
.........,,-":.:.:.:."~-,;.;.;.|
........(_,,,,---,,_:.:.);.;.;..",,
......,-":.:.:.:.:.""-,,/;.;.;.;.;.",
.....:).__,,,,,,,,,___);.;.;.;.;.;|
...../"":.:.:.:.:.:.:¯""\;.;.;.;.;.,"
....\",__,,,,,,,,,,,__/;;;;;;;;;/\
.....\.::.:.:.:.:.:.:.;.);;;;;;;;;/:\
.......\,,,,,---~~~~;;;;;;;;,"::::\
.........."""~~--,,,,,,,,,,-"::::::::::\
...................\::::::::::::::::::::::\

I'm having a hell of a time making quicker passes and being a magnet for body checks. Feels like my passing is at least 1 second too late, my passing rating is around 80-85ish. Same with getting one timers off. Charlie Bronson always has to settle the puck before snapping a one timer.

Marvie_3

Banned
I'm having a hell of a time making quicker passes and being a magnet for body checks. Feels like my passing is at least 1 second too late, my passing rating is around 80-85ish. Same with getting one timers off. Charlie Bronson always has to settle the puck before snapping a one timer.

Your passing stat doesn't affect your timing at all. It only affects the size of the area you can make accurate passes(think Madden's passing cone from a few years back) and your ability to sneak a pass through traffic. . If you're getting hit too often, its. because you're not anticipating the play and not getting rid of the puck soon enough. Part of it is the shittiness of the charge passing system though. The fact that you can't get rid of a quick pass as fast as you could in real hockey is completely broken.

hmmm, i think its the charging pass that is fucking up my feel about passing. I feel like if i tap the pass button, it won't go far enough.

As for as getting body checked a lot, I'm anticipating the hits through the neutral and right at the blue line by trying to make cuts across the ice. Maybe I need to anticipate a few more stick lengths in front or just dump the puck deep so no one sees me getting hit :p

Top Bottom