• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Slot Cloggers (NHL 12 EASHL)

Those were some good games, dominated some teams and did pretty damn well in the closer ones.

def, we played as good as we have in a long time tonight. That 2 OT game was a great effort by all to grind out a W against a really good defensive club.

We almost made history with a hatty of hatties, but Legit had to be the weak link and only have 2 goals... :)

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
def, we played as good as we have in a long time tonight. That 2 OT game was a great effort by all to grind out a W against a really good defensive club.

We almost made history with a hatty of hatties, but Legit had to be the weak link and only have 2 goals... :)
:lol my bad, really good games tonight best we've played in a while, we had some good chemistry amongst the forwards and could have had 10 more goals if the goalies weren't stoning us.

Revenant

great games tonight fellas, i'm hoping to be on more this month so see you fellas around. Hopefully this month goes better than december.

Blinding

Just a random stat from the games we played tonight (including the one before Rev joined in.):

24 Goals For, 7 Goals Against (including the 4 shutouts.)
56% Average Faceoff Winning Percentage
132 Shots (Average of 18 Per Game, which makes the average shooting percentage, ironically, 18%.)
86 Total Hits (Average of 12 Per Game, the highest number of hits in a game being 10 by me.)
The last team we played is actually 0-9, but we're one of two teams that have shut them out.

I definitely felt that chemistry too, things were just clicking, even in those couple games we lost. That double overtime game is a testament to how well we can play defense, though the posts certainly helped us a couple times, now to just have that happen every time we play.

Red_Man

Oh there will still be shitheads that dive, I can promise you that. NHL online has some of the biggest collections of fucktards I've ever seen in an online game.

zsswimmer

Oh there will still be shitheads that dive, I can promise you that. NHL online has some of the biggest collections of fucktards I've ever seen in an online game.

Well yeah but at least they won't knock the puck loose. You called it though, I was just playing some OTP and dumbasses were still dive bombing the goalie, even gave us a couple of powerplays for tripping. Guess you can't ever underestimate OTP'rs

Blinding

Well yeah but at least they won't knock the puck loose. You called it though, I was just playing some OTP and dumbasses were still dive bombing the goalie, even gave us a couple of powerplays for tripping. Guess you can't ever underestimate OTP'rs

Honestly, it irks me how damn easy it is for teams to get penalties with goalies. Obviously the dive bombing shit is justified, but I was playing an OTP game the other day where the goalie ran into me and I got called for goaltender interference, like what the fuck?

zsswimmer

Honestly, it irks me how damn easy it is for teams to get penalties with goalies. Obviously the dive bombing shit is justified, but I was playing an OTP game the other day where the goalie ran into me and I got called for goaltender interference, like what the fuck?

It's awful because you can bump into them by a fraction of an inch and get a penalty while guys can flatten them after the whistle (even during the play) and not getting anything. It's just a shitty gimmick, it adds nothing to the game.

I remember a game where the goalie came out purposely on break aways and ran into the players, only the player to get a goalie interference call. Drew about 5 of them that game.

Red_Man

Yea goalie interference is fucked sometimes you get a penalty for breathing on him then other times you can go full Lucic on them and get nothing. Not consistent at all.

Red_Man

Change characters name to Yakupov : Score 5 goals, 2 Assists

IBZ4s.png

Blinding

Sorry guys, got caught up talking to a close friend about her boyfriend issues, I'll hop on if you guys are still playing but yeah.

Milly79

Some terrible d while I was playing goalie. Way too many high percentage chances. Not gonna sit through that. I'll take the blame on the 3rd goal where I got trigger happy.

Blinding

Some terrible d while I was playing goalie. Way too many high percentage chances. Not gonna sit through that. I'll take the blame on the 3rd goal where I got trigger happy.

2nd one went through my stick, through my fucking stick. I don't know what I could've done on that one besides what I was already doing.

Everyone gets to witness me playing pissed off hockey after that game though.

And then we come back and win the game after 3-2 after I started hitting the shit out of everybody and then we get outworked. Ugh, tonight has not been a good night, time to go watch TV.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
I am still interested in playing. Unless I have been booted, of you see me on Skyrim on XBL and need a player, feel free to shoot me an invite.

Happy New Year!

Red_Man

I was pretty awful on D last night, it's hard for me to adjust back to playing that position because I've been playing forward for all my games for the last 2-3 weeks so I take blame for a lot of that game you were goalie, they were cycling well too, but yea I don't think we should bother with goalie games just because teams that play with goalies seem to be 2-3 times better then normal teams.

Milly79

I was pretty awful on D last night, it's hard for me to adjust back to playing that position because I've been playing forward for all my games for the last 2-3 weeks so I take blame for a lot of that game you were goalie, they were cycling well too, but yea I don't think we should bother with goalie games just because teams that play with goalies seem to be 2-3 times better then normal teams.

That's true, but it's only fair. Viz played one game last night and was done cause there was 6 on. Sure we get matched up against better teams usually, but we just need to set it so it doesn't search for a goalie. I don't like sitting out with 6 on, it's pointless when we have people capable of playing goalie.

Red_Man

Yea true I don't mind rotating with others if we get a lot of people on, better then losing games cause of stuff like that, Ill probably be playing skyrim watching boardwalk empire tonight, so someone can take my spot, if you need another forward you can just send me a message on live, earliest I can play regardless is after the Russia / Sweden game.

I am still interested in playing. Unless I have been booted, of you see me on Skyrim on XBL and need a player, feel free to shoot me an invite.

Happy New Year!

good to hear, no you havent been booted, and generally I dont bother messaging people when they are playing other games unless we are desperate for players

we have been posting a lot in the thread when games are going on so check there, and also send a friend request to GAF EASHL on Xbox Live and you can always check it's friends list that to see if a few people are on and playing NHL

as I have said before to others, its really up to you to participate, people arent gonna go out of their way to get you or anyone else involved. When you want to play, either post in here to see if anyone else is around or check and see if anyone is on NHL.

which remind me Marvie, you need to do a cleanup on that GAF EASHL friends list, there is like 5-10 people on there that have never played 1 game with us or that left the club

---

as far as tonight, I'll be on in about 30 mins, gotta grab something to eat

ggs tonight legit, super, milly & rev

finally ran into some christmas n00bs tonight that helped to boost the ole club record a little

that's pretty much the only kind of teams we can beat anymore...

--

tip of the day

if you are about to get crushed going for a loose puck, its a good idea to do a "touch pass" by holding down the pass button before you gain possession of the puck and releasing it the second you touch the puck

a lot of times that can be the difference between a turnover going the other way and a miracle pass getting thru that gets us a good scoring chance. Everyone (except Milly who knows who to do this and uses it) needs to try this out more often.

Red_Man

Good stuff tonight, and I'll keep that in mind, best part of tonight was my discovery of the term "christmas noobs".

moop1167

I'll be around tonight, tomorrow, and sunday night most likely. After 4-5 straight days of going out last weekend and $1,000+ I need a break so I'll probably keep it low key.

Red_Man

At first I thought nothing of my "breakaway" goal last night but then I saw the replay and it was actually pretty cool. Tipped the puck in mid-air through the five hole and picked it up again behind the goalie.

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/109193974
That's pretty awesome, when it first happened I thought the AI guy behind you followed up and tipped it in, I can be on tonight if we get some people going.

Milly79

I'll be on tonight.

Super, if you're playing, you have to adjust. Too many times you forced the cross-crease into nothing and if you didn't try it I would be wide open. I know you have your mic on, but do you listen? Viz kept telling you to mix it up. I don't think I've ever seen you pass back to the point... Only east-west turnovers.

Top Bottom