• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Slot Cloggers (NHL 12 EASHL)

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
cmon son, only nerds stay in the house on Friday nights and play videogames...

Nothing better on a Friday night then a big poutine, bottle of mountain dew and some games of Starcraft. I'm going out tomorrow and sunday so Id like to get some game in tonight if I could.

Marvie_3

Banned
cmon son, only nerds stay in the house on Friday nights and play videogames...

QPUmR.jpg

Nothing better on a Friday night then a big poutine, bottle of mountain dew and some games of Starcraft. I'm going out tomorrow and sunday so Id like to get some game in tonight if I could.

no one gives a shit about what you'd LIKE to do

I'll be on in a few mins, I see a couple people are online

For fuck sakes I just need a B+ player rating to finally go to Superstar 1 and I lose connection to the EA server during a game that I was getting A+ in everything.

played damn good tonight Super all around, vision was there, passes were crisp, good forecheck and you are moving a lot better without the puck, sucks about your disconnect

Im gonna sit 1 or 2, ill be back on later, got a video of a sick drop pass I made to Denogg who finished with a nice snipe I gotta upload later

Red_Man

Good games before I had to bail, me and Bliinding have some good chemistry going if only he learned how to score.

Marvie_3

Banned
Pretty meh night. We played ok but we had some shit losses.

Manchot, learn to use soft passes. I lost count of how many icing calls you had tonight. Gotta work on your spacing too. When you're playing wing, stay out on the wing. You drifted to the net all the time. You need to give the d-man behind you an option to pass down low and you can't do that if you're trying to feel up the center.

Red_Man

bonus video, me abusing poor kids in a drop-in game awhile agohttp://youtu.be/wZ5XdPN8bi4

:lol so ridiculous I was playing Online versus tonight, and its such a goddamn piss off its so fucking broken with its awful glitches, terrible fucking poke checking system, and its physics system that isn't based in reality if it wasn't for the club mode I would throw this piece of shit game in the garbage.

Pretty meh night. We played ok but we had some shit losses.

Manchot, learn to use soft passes. I lost count of how many icing calls you had tonight. Gotta work on your spacing too. When you're playing wing, stay out on the wing. You drifted to the net all the time. You need to give the d-man behind you an option to pass down low and you can't do that if you're trying to feel up the center.

Ya, I just feel so out of the play if the puck is being worked on the right and feel like I should be closer to the net or doing something. :/ And I have to get use to how much you charge up passes like that. I'm always afraid if I do a soft pass it will go to slow and just go straight to the other team's dman.

Good games to everyone, I was falling asleep so I had to bounce towards the end there.

Red_Man

I demand to be moved to 2nd line center so I don't have to play with this bastard anymore. ;_;
Negative reinforcement brah, although we did have a couple really nice goals where I crushed / stripped the puck off the other guy and threw it out to you just camping in front of the net :lol

Ya, I just feel so out of the play if the puck is being worked on the right and feel like I should be closer to the net or doing something. :/ And I have to get use to how much you charge up passes like that. I'm always afraid if I do a soft pass it will go to slow and just go straight to the other team's dman.

Good games to everyone, I was falling asleep so I had to bounce towards the end there.

Last night it seemed like you wandered right into Marvie a bunch while the puck was in the zone. Only stay out on your wall as we are bringing the puck in. When the puck is in the zone you should be constantly re-adjusting your position, playing off the other forward that doesn't have the puck. If the other forward is setting up for a cross crease you need to setup in the high slot or back behind the boards. It's all finding a open spot that is dangerous that allows the puck carrier to get you the puck while not crowding anyone else, its the difference that separates the good/great players from everyone else, knowing how to get open in good spots.

Same thing on the break, and this is a problem almost everyone on the club has. if its a 3-on-whatever, one guy needs to slow up and be the trailer, dont both rush to the other side of the net for the cross crease. Of the 2 players without the puck on the break, whoever is furthest up the ice should be going to the net trying to draw the attention of the D while the trailer slips in late after giving the 1st guy some space. It's up to the pass to be patient and pick the best option as it unfolds. If I had a penny for everytime we've botched 3 on 1's this season I would be able to buy EA by now.

I like I said to you during the game, as a winger you should be playing more up top in the defensive zone getting ready to spring out. You gotta borderline cherry pick. If the play is on your side pressure the puck until he drops down low where the d-man should be picking him up most of the time. If the play is on the other side, mark the most dangerous looking threat up top, usually one of the 2 d-men, unless you see a wide open guy in the high slot that you can help out on. You got caught really low a bunch doubling up on guys and once we started going the other way you trailed the play too much to even be a factor on offense most times. Your #1 job as a winger is to score, especially when we have 4 or 5 people playing at a time.

Yeah its a touch thing with the passes, you can cancel passes you have charged up by pressing LB then releasing the LT if you were planning on passing and then something happened that made you change your mind.

hope that helps Manch

Last night it seemed like you wandered right into Marvie a bunch while the puck was in the zone. Only stay out on your wall as we are bringing the puck in. When the puck is in the zone you should be constantly re-adjusting your position, playing off the other forward that doesn't have the puck. If the other forward is setting up for a cross crease you need to setup in the high slot or back behind the boards. It's all finding a open spot that is dangerous that allows the puck carrier to get you the puck while not crowding anyone else, its the difference that separates the good/great players from everyone else, knowing how to get open in good spots.

Same thing on the break, and this is a problem almost everyone on the club has. if its a 3-on-whatever, one guy needs to slow up and be the trailer, dont both rush to the other side of the net for the cross crease. Of the 2 players without the puck on the break, whoever is furthest up the ice should be going to the net trying to draw the attention of the D while the trailer slips in late after giving the 1st guy some space. It's up to the pass to be patient and pick the best option as it unfolds. If I had a penny for everytime we've botched 3 on 1's this season I would be able to buy EA by now.

I like I said to you during the game, as a winger you should be playing more up top in the defensive zone getting ready to spring out. You gotta borderline cherry pick. If the play is on your side pressure the puck until he drops down low where the d-man should be picking him up most of the time. If the play is on the other side, mark the most dangerous looking threat up top, usually one of the 2 d-men, unless you see a wide open guy in the high slot that you can help out on. You got caught really low a bunch doubling up on guys and once we started going the other way you trailed the play too much to even be a factor on offense most times. Your #1 job as a winger is to score, especially when we have 4 or 5 people playing at a time.

Yeah its a touch thing with the passes, you can cancel passes you have charged up by pressing LB then releasing the LT if you were planning on passing and then something happened that made you change your mind.

hope that helps Manch
Ya, I guess I should go to high slot more. It's just a lot of times we weren't moving too much and if it was carried on the right side and I'm on the left the puck was staying on the left board and it felt like I was too far removed to stay on the left side of the ice but the high slot might fix that. I also haven't played with 5 in a while so even as a winger I had to crash the net a lot more since we didn't have three humans knowing to go to the net, it was the CPU instead. And ya, I know I come back too much on D sometimes, I just remember giving up the cross creases a lot last year and so I always drop low to try and help with that. But ya, it was definitely knocking me out of the play doing it which wasn't helping out scoring chances either. :/

I'll try to get the feeling down for the passing more too, I just hope I don't give up too many turnovers trying to figure out how much to charge it to lead them with it but also not shoot past them like a bullet and cause icing. It's a different feeling doing be a pro offline with CPU and online with people. I'm still rusty. :( Thanks for the tips too.

zsswimmer

Yo Viz, what do i have to do?

hope that helps Milly

Okay. Finally gonna start playing.

Since Marvie is being a great person and ignoring me, anyone want to help me get games under my belt for new cards so that my player doesn't suck terribly?

Thanksss. GT's my username. Just invite me if you don't mind.

Marvie_3

Banned
Okay. Finally gonna start playing.

Since Marvie is being a great person and ignoring me, anyone want to help me get games under my belt for new cards so that my player doesn't suck terribly?

Thanksss. GT's my username. Just invite me if you don't mind.
Sorry about that man. Didn't see those messages until Milly mentioned your post. I sent you an invite to the club. What's your info (post #2) again?
Woo Elite division, I don't think we dropped a single game tonight.
Nope. 9-0-0 tonight. Other than the fucking around we did in the last 2 games, we played awesome.

Top Bottom