• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Slot Cloggers (NHL 12 EASHL)

Not when it's resembling an angsty soap-opera at the moment.

Moop and I went 2-2-1 tonight. Kept getting idiots cheesing goals.

6 G, 2 A in 6 games. Guess I'll take it.

Milly79

cmon son, are you scared to make new friends, I told you the other day I was done holding your hand. Daddy will be back in 2 weeks, I'm sure you can manage to bring together 2 or 3 others of the 27 member club to play a game or two in my absence...

That's not the problem at all. Let's be honest in saying when you're not around, not many games are being played.

moop1167

We played really well in 2's last night considering the immense amount of glitching going on. I swear, not a single person in this game actually tries to play hockey - it's like they are good at video games so they become good at NHL12 the video game.

It was nice beating those pricks the second time we played them who used the same move on our computer D all game.

Milly79

We played really well in 2's last night considering the immense amount of glitching going on. I swear, not a single person in this game actually tries to play hockey - it's like they are good at video games so they become good at NHL12 the video game.

It was nice beating those pricks the second time we played them who used the same move on our computer D all game.

How is this a surprise to you? Since NHL 08, there has been no sportsmanship.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
How is this a surprise to you? Since NHL 08, there has been no sportsmanship.
Basically my biggest problem with the game, it's fun when you win, and even when you lose to a team that is just good, but when you get your ass kicked by cheesers its the most frustrating thing in the world. I've been pretty busy the last week or so and I can't make it on tonight, but I should be able to get on in the next few days.

moop1167

I probably won't be on until Friday night. I am not going out because I have a hockey tournament Saturday morning so I'll be good to go, but will be doing shit the rest of the day Sat. I can probably get on Sunday evening as well.

Good games tonight. However, I'm not gonna be on again 'til I can hear Milly. Gotta be one of my pet peeves on Live, especially in a team game.

Milly79

Good games tonight. However, I'm not gonna be on again 'til I can hear Milly. Gotta be one of my pet peeves on Live, especially in a team game.

Well, don't be so annoying? Even if you're not being sarcastic in saying that, what would it matter? You were spouting off old ass jokes and weren't even talking about the game half the time.

Starting to feel like Vis kinda, seems like a damn chore to play.

Well, don't be so annoying? Even if you're not being sarcastic in saying that, what would it matter? You were spouting off old ass jokes and weren't even talking about the game half the time.

Starting to feel like Vis kinda, seems like a damn chore to play.

Say something, then? Or have fun?

I play to play with a team. Which requires communication. Sorry if it bothers you that I try to enjoy. But say something then instead of randomly muting me with no warning.

Red_Man

I had fun tonight, it wasnt as serious but its a video game I'm playing to have fun I don't really care that much I enjoyed the joking around more then the usual no one says anything unless someone fucked up. I was talking to a friend and had my roomies next to me playing fifa yelling which is why I kept turning my mic off because its pretty sensitive.

Milly79

Would've been different had we been talking about the game... Generally I don't mind cutting up, but when you're rambling while we're getting scored on... Well.

You're gonna hate playing with swim then

Swim doesn't talk to anyone. Haha.

Would've been different had we been talking about the game... Generally I don't mind cutting up, but when you're rambling while we're getting scored on... Well.

Dude, we lost one game. The rest of the time, we were essentially playing with the lead.

You're the only one who seems to have had an issue with it. Again, had you said something first, I'd have gladly stopped.

Milly79

Swim doesn't talk to anyone. Haha.

Dude, we lost one game. The rest of the time, we were essentially playing with the lead.

You're the only one who seems to have had an issue with it. Again, had you said something first, I'd have gladly stopped.

Dude, sorry I expect a higher level of play - myself included. Doesn't help when I'm forced to play defense.

Dude, sorry I expect a higher level of play - myself included. Doesn't help when I'm forced to play defense.

...A higher level of play? We lost one game. You need to enjoy a videogame.

Muting one of your forwards isn't going to help the team play better.

Anyways, I'm off to bed. Good games tonight, everyone. Might be on after French tomorrow, assuming this shit gets figured out.

Milly79

...A higher level of play? We lost one game. You need to enjoy a videogame.

Muting one of your forwards isn't going to help the team play better.

Anyways, I'm off to bed. Good games tonight, everyone. Might be on after French tomorrow, assuming this shit gets figured out.

:lol

It was one night and you were being annoying. Its not a huge deal. Anyway, I won't be on for a few days, so enjoy.

zsswimmer

You're gonna hate playing with swim then

....................../´¯/)
....................,/¯../
.................../..../
............./´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸
........../'/.../..../......./¨¯\
........('(...´...´.... ¯~/'...')
.........\.................'...../
..........''...\.......... _.·´
............\..............(
..............\.............\...

moop1167

Felt like the entire night was spent condemning me for deking, even if it was in a "sarcastic" manner. That's how I play and how I create space for people. Sure, I try to do too much with the puck sometimes, but somehow people manage to think I am a puck hog who doesn't pass, yet I have more assists than games played. My old team used to complain that I didn't shoot enough.

Not a fan of that because even if joking, people were thinking it.

Blinding

Felt like the entire night was spent condemning me for deking, even if it was in a "sarcastic" manner. That's how I play and how I create space for people. Sure, I try to do too much with the puck sometimes, but somehow people manage to think I am a puck hog who doesn't pass, yet I have more assists than games played. My old team used to complain that I didn't shoot enough.

Not a fan of that because even if joking, people were thinking it.

None of us were trying to be a dick last night, and I don't see how you felt like you were being singled out as we were all pretty much taking jabs at each other (sans Milly, who refused to speak.) I don't feel like starting up a shitstorm, but you do tend to hog the puck, you do tend to blatantly ignore good passing opportunities, you do tend to favor dekeing into the zone and killing any passing lane that might've been open on the rush, and you do tend to demand the puck (which was especially noticeable last night.) Assists doesn't always mean you passed, as you could've taken a shot that got blocked or caused a rebound that led to a goal, so it doesn't necessarily mean that you aren't a puck hog, just saying.

moop1167

None of us were trying to be a dick last night, and I don't see how you felt like you were being singled out as we were all pretty much taking jabs at each other (sans Milly, who refused to speak.) I don't feel like starting up a shitstorm, but you do tend to hog the puck, you do tend to blatantly ignore good passing opportunities, you do tend to favor dekeing into the zone and killing any passing lane that might've been open on the rush, and you do tend to demand the puck (which was especially noticeable last night.) Assists doesn't always mean you passed, as you could've taken a shot that got blocked or caused a rebound that led to a goal, so it doesn't necessarily mean that you aren't a puck hog, just saying.

I could respond to all of your points but I don't have the time to spare... but can you say that the way I play is a detriment to the team at all? Have I been a nice addition to the team so far? I don't know, because I put up a lot of points and when I play we tend to win more often than not. Everything you just said seems to say otherwise.

I can't remember the last time I made a post on here complaining about another member's play, but this isn't the first time something has been said about me. If it really is an issue, I can find another team, because I don't want people thinking that I am not a team player. It actually bothers me.

Blinding

I could respond to all of your points but I don't have the time to spare... but can you say that the way I play is a detriment to the team at all? Have I been a nice addition to the team so far? I don't know, because I put up a lot of points and when I play we tend to win more often than not. Everything you just said seems to say otherwise.

No, I wouldn't say you're a detriment to the team or that you haven't been a good addition, but, again, putting up points doesn't mean that your style of play doesn't come off as annoying. I don't mind playing with you, but when we're down by a goal or two and breaking out of our zone and you have a guy in front of you that you could spring but instead don't and opt for a deke that results in a turnover that's then followed by "Wow how did that even happen," or "What I was going to do was x, y, z," it doesn't exactly produce a good feeling, just being honest.

Welp, Blinding about covered what I was going to say.

Yes, the dekes help when they work. But 75% of the time, they don't. If you have a one on one, that's different. But passing to the far side of the net or springing someone else is almost always the better option.

Everyone was taking jabs at everyone in good nature. You're a damn good player, you just need to pass instead of deking. And yes, I know I turned it over in the slot too last night. Working on it, believe me.

moop1167

No, I wouldn't say you're a detriment to the team or that you haven't been a good addition, but, again, putting up points doesn't mean that your style of play doesn't come off as annoying. I don't mind playing with you, but when we're down by a goal or two and breaking out of our zone and you have a guy in front of you that you could spring but instead don't and opt for a deke that results in a turnover that's then followed by "Wow how did that even happen," or "What I was going to do was x, y, z," it doesn't exactly produce a good feeling, just being honest.

Huh? When do I do that? I rarely deke in the neutral zone or when breaking out. I'll do it in the offensive zone if anything. I move the puck up more often than not. You don't ALWAYS have to hit the guy furthest up the rink, because it's predictable.

wsoxfan... pass instead of deking? How about both? I'm not gonna skate around and force passes all day. You all seem to be trying to pinpoint the few times I lost the puck on a deke and act like it's all I do. How many times did I set someone up last night for a pass and no goal was scored? Also, weren't you the one I sent that saucer pass to across ice behind the D for a tap in? I haven't seen anyone else do something like that. I guess only selfish players pump their passing rating up to 92 so that they can hog the puck all game.

Red_Man

You take all comments 100% moop so it just encourages people to rib ya, it's all in jest, whatever works for ya, we were winning games so that's all I care about. I was floating around and not playing tight D last night but we were rolling most teams and I usually play to the other teams level, and I had a couple distractions, but like I said before it was a lot of fun for me.

I remember the time I called someone out when I was new and Vis jumped on me for it...

I'm taking it this was directed at me. Because being new has everything to do with my understanding of hockey, correct?

He asked, and I answered, as did Blinding. Don't see the huge deal.

Milly79

I'm taking it this was directed at me. Because being new has everything to do with my understanding of hockey, correct?

He asked, and I answered, as did Blinding. Don't see the huge deal.

Everything is going to be directed at you from now on because you think I hate you.

Marvie_3

Banned
You play good defense though.
....................../´¯/)
....................,/¯../
.................../..../
............./´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸
........../'/.../..../......./¨¯\
........('(...´...´.... ¯~/'...')
.........\.................'...../
..........''...\.......... _.·´
............\..............(
..............\.............\...
<3

I could respond to all of your points but I don't have the time to spare... but can you say that the way I play is a detriment to the team at all?
Not really. A few too many dekes though. One thing that bugs me is when you pass up plays like gimme crossing passes for whatever reason. I know you hate cross passes but if a team is stupid enough to leave it open, then we have to take advantage of it.
Have I been a nice addition to the team so far?
Yes.
I can't remember the last time I made a post on here complaining about another member's play, but this isn't the first time something has been said about me. If it really is an issue, I can find another team, because I don't want people thinking that I am not a team player. It actually bothers me.
BOoRh.png

Top Bottom