• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Slot Cloggers (NHL 12 EASHL)

Marvie_3

Banned
i had two 4 lokos, such a cheap buzz lol. it took me about five minutes to write those two sentences on my phone. now im sure ill feel like shit 10 hours later

The watermelon ones are the best tasting and even those taste like shit. :lol Still, getting fucked up for $2.49 is a pretty good deal.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
i had two 4 lokos, such a cheap buzz lol. it took me about five minutes to write those two sentences on my phone. now im sure ill feel like shit 10 hours later
We don't have those in Canada but I read about them on here every now and then, we have Rockstars + Vodka in a can here, I usually have 1 to get start my drinking, is it essentially the same thing? I kinda wanna try one.

Marvie_3

Banned
We don't have those in Canada but I read about them on here every now and then, we have Rockstars + Vodka in a can here, I usually have 1 to get start my drinking, is it essentially the same thing? I kinda wanna try one.
Pretty much. They taste like shit but if you drink it fast enough you won't even notice.
I can maybe okay playoffs tomorrow if I'm needed. It would be around 9cst though.
Same here.

zsswimmer

It's like a pint + of 12% alcohol. I like the Fruit Punch the best and after a couple of sips I can't even taste the alcohol anymore.

But it got its formula redone and before it had caffeine and taurine, which was awesome because not only were you buzzed but you were excited.

Red_Man

I'm going to a movie at 8 should be home before 10 est but if im not / it shows my xbox playing a movie that means my roomies are watching a movie on it and i wont be on

Red_Man

I won't be on for a while my roomies are watching something so someone can take my spot I don't care

Revenant

sorry about the major. Basically the xbox's wonderful battery alert system of "shut the controller off without warning" caused me to have to replace them despite it saying the controller had 75 battery left. I ended up rushing into that play and NHL's wonderful Major penalty system went into effect.

Blinding

27 PIM... yeah we're really gonna win. Jesus Christ.

When I get sent to the box because the goalie came out into my path and caused me to ever so slightly bump him, I'm going to call bullshit, same with their being game ejections in a fucking video game.

Not only that but the minute you got into the zone they had three guys crowding you spamming poke and lift checks (which means we should've switched over to dump and chase, but I don't think that would've made a difference because when we were able to go possession in the zone they were crowding up the slot and making it absolutely impossible for anything but quick one timers to get through, which weren't leading to rebounds,) that alongside their inability to be knocked off the puck and to skate through poke checks like they were magic, yeah, I'm done for a bit.

Milly79

When I get sent to the box because the goalie came out into my path and caused me to ever so slightly bump him, I'm going to call bullshit, same with their being game ejections in a fucking video game.

Play like a retard and you're gonna get called for it. Sure, it's bullshit, but it's been like that forever (the entire game). I'm seriously getting sick of all the excuses. We lost that game based on how we played. Stop being fucking babies and suck it up.

Blinding

Play like a retard and you're gonna get called for it.

Right, because getting into the crease is playing like a retard. So is shaking off my rusty start and completely turning my faceoffs around, and is doing what I'm suppose to be doing in the defensive zone.

Sure, it's bullshit, but it's been like that forever (the entire game).

Oh, so it's my retarded play but it's also bullshit, alright. I realize that it's been like that forever, but it's one of those things that everytime it happens increasingly bothers me until I simply don't want to play anymore. You can say that they're excuses and the like, but you can't tell me we didn't get fucked over by the game just by the fact that Rev got kicked out, that exact moment is when our chances of even getting into the game went away.

Pick me up after this.

Fuck CoD and fuck the Pro Bowl. Need to blow off steam and shit on some kids' faces. I'll play D. I don't really care.

Milly79

Right, because getting into the crease is playing like a retard. So is shaking off my rusty start and completely turning my faceoffs around, and is doing what I'm suppose to be doing in the defensive zone.

Oh, so it's my retarded play but it's also bullshit, alright. I realize that it's been like that forever, but it's one of those things that everytime it happens increasingly bothers me until I simply don't want to play anymore. You can say that they're excuses and the like, but you can't tell me we didn't get fucked over by the game just by the fact that Rev got kicked out, that exact moment is when our chances of even getting into the game went away.

I never once said YOU played retarded, that's why I added the comment in the (). Seriously, we have one bad game or we go on a streak and it's blame this blame that. Reflect on how well we played on that given night and you'll probably find a lot of why we lost. Like I said, the game has it's faults yes, but most of the time it's us. The bitching needs to stop, plain and simple. If you wanna bitch, direct it at someone that needs some areas of improvement and we'll be better off in the end. Bitching about the game does nothing but make the game less fun and doesn't improve anything.

Blinding

I never once said YOU played retarded, that's why I added the comment in the ().

Well, it seemed like you implied it, so my bad, regardless, my points still stand.

Seriously, we have one bad game or we go on a streak and it's blame this blame that.

Because a good chunk of the time the teams that we lose to get a break that we almost never get. When we lose because we were out-skilled or out-classed, I accept it for what it is and try to figure out what I can do to improve, but when I have pucks going through my stick in our slot that leads to a goal, I don't know what I'm suppose to do, I don't know what anyone could do.

Reflect on how well we played on that given night and you'll probably find a lot of why we lost.

Of course, but it's not like it's a matter of "oh this is what we did wrong this is what we need to do next game," because there's really not that much that can be blamed on us outside of making stupid passes or not making good passes, clearing the zone, covering the guy/area we're suppose to in the zone, not taking penalties (which itself is random, which I guess is an accurate representation of the real refs,) and cycling the puck in their zone. I can't even count on both hands how many times we've lost because for whatever reason their sticks were connecting with the puck then ours, or how many times we've been scored on from the same general area on the ice (corner of the faceoff circles in the slot for anyone who doesn't know,) not because they guy wasn't covered, but because apparently anything they toss from that area loves to go into the net.

Like I said, the game has it's faults yes, but most of the time it's us.

I'd say it's 65/35 us most of the time, tonight I'd put it 50/50. Had Rev not of gotten ejected who knows how things would've gone.

The bitching needs to stop, plain and simple. If you wanna bitch, direct it at someone that needs some areas of improvement and we'll be better off in the end. Bitching about the game does nothing but make the game less fun and doesn't improve anything.

Which is why I'm done for the next couple of weeks, so I'll catch you all later.

Milly79

Well, it seemed like you implied it, so my bad, regardless, my points still stand.

Because a good chunk of the time the teams that we lose to get a break that we almost never get. When we lose because we were out-skilled or out-classed, I accept it for what it is and try to figure out what I can do to improve, but when I have pucks going through my stick in our slot that leads to a goal, I don't know what I'm suppose to do, I don't know what anyone could do.

Of course, but it's not like it's a matter of "oh this is what we did wrong this is what we need to do next game," because there's really not that much that can be blamed on us outside of making stupid passes or not making good passes, clearing the zone, covering the guy/area we're suppose to in the zone, not taking penalties (which itself is random, which I guess is an accurate representation of the real refs,) and cycling the puck in their zone. I can't even count on both hands how many times we've lost because for whatever reason their sticks were connecting with the puck then ours, or how many times we've been scored on from the same general area on the ice (corner of the faceoff circles in the slot for anyone who doesn't know,) not because they guy wasn't covered, but because apparently anything they toss from that area loves to go into the net.

I'd say it's 65/35 us most of the time, tonight I'd put it 50/50. Had Rev not of gotten ejected who knows how things would've gone.

Which is why I'm done for the next couple of weeks, so I'll catch you all later.

All I'm taking from this is "it's almost always the games fault, only sometimes it's us". Think of how many times this shit works for us too! In the end, bitching about the game does nothing but make things worse. I'm done being rational here.

Well, was fun up until everyone rage quit. Not even going to bother mentioning anything else, because I'm already tired of talking about it.

Apparently I can't score anymore either. Ugh.

moop1167

The woe-is-me shit is getting tiring too.

I was joking.

By the way, most of the shit I say is sarcastic... so hopefully no one gets fired up when I say dickish things in game. No harm meant to be honest. I'm kind of a cocky asshole in real life and it carries over in game, but I mean well in general.

Marvie_3

Banned
One thing that's killing us is our breaks. Viz has mentioned this a bunch and I've mentioned it as well, but it's still not getting done properly.

This is how we usually end up on a 3 man rush:
PGljk.png

RW(or LW) has the puck. Both of the other players go to the net and the guy in the middle ends up picking off the pass. Whoever is the middle of the 3 needs to hang back in the slot and provide a 2nd option. You don't have as good of an angle as the player on the left (or right) and when you're in the way of a pass, it completely wrecks the rush. So middle player, whoever it may be on a given play, STAY THE FUCK BACK.

This is how it should be done:
ll2c2.gif

RW (or LW) has the puck, opposite wing heads to the other side of the net, and the middle guy trails in the slot. Player on the side now has two options to pass: across to the other wing or to the trailer in the slot who has a much better shooting angle than when that player is right in front of the net.

...Seriously? It was a running joke all night. Maybe you should've been there earlier.

Oh, and I heard you were beefing me all night. Joking or not, I'm pretty sure I know how to play.

I asked if you were drunk once because your player pretty much skated away from the puck once randomly and I think I said I was open once or twice. The first being an obvious joke and the second just comes second-nature. Why not let someone know if you were open?

Again, Marv, just say something then, instead of after the fact.

By the way, most of the shit I say is sarcastic... so hopefully no one gets fired up when I say dickish things in game. No harm meant to be honest. I'm kind of a cocky asshole in real life and it carries over in game, but I mean well in general.

This for me too. Except... Not cocky. No harm's meant by anything I say. Lol.

Also, I came in the last two games. So there's no way I could have picked up on that joke.

moop1167

Marvie, that's why I always say we need to switch it up. When 3 guys go into the zone parallel shit never works. I always drop behind the puck carrier when I see we have numbers going into the zone.

Milly79

Please, learn to read, for the love of god.

Oh, I believe I did though. Would you like me to rephrase it to "a bit more than half"?

I asked if you were drunk once because your player pretty much skated away from the puck once randomly and I think I said I was open once or twice. The first being an obvious joke and the second just comes second-nature. Why not let someone know if you were open?

A) I have you muted.
B) I do things for a reason.

Sorry I don't cross crease every time. I actually look before I do things which doesn't seem to happen to often with most people. You guys constantly try to force the cross crease. Half the time you have a shot and you insist on having it picked off. Also, why do we even have D? They are open all the time and we get looked off left and right. Just sayin'.

moop1167

A) I have you muted.

Sorry I don't cross crease every time. I actually look before I do things which doesn't seem to happen to often with most people. You guys constantly try to force the cross crease. Half the time you have a shot and you insist on having it picked off. Also, why do we even have D? They are open all the time and we get looked off left and right. Just sayin'.

I actually say this IN GAME and it feels like people get mad at me for doing so. Yes, woe is me =/

Oh, I believe I did though. Would you like me to rephrase it to "a bit more than half"?

A) I have you muted.

A) I'm aware. Again, second nature.

I wasn't talking about cross crease either. They were times you could have banked it along the boards up the ice and I may have had a breakout. I could tell you so we get a scoring chance, but you know.

moop1167

There's a difference though. You don't do it (or didn't) at the most obvious times where we would have probably scored.

Yeah but I/we do it enough to where it gets excessive. I set up 6-7 of them tonight.

Anyways, I am gonna hit the hay, up at 6am for work, FUCK!!

Good games regardless.

Marvie_3

Banned
Marvie, that's why I always say we need to switch it up. When 3 guys go into the zone parallel shit never works. I always drop behind the puck carrier when I see we have numbers going into the zone.

It's not about switching anything up. It's about people getting themselves in the proper position. You saw how well our 2 man rushes were working tonight. If the 3rd player in hangs back, then those plays are open all day. It's when the middle guy jumps in and cuts off the pass is when it breaks down.

Also, why do we even have D? They are open all the time and we get looked off left and right. Just sayin'.
You aren't the Swimcannon.

There's a difference though. You don't do it (or didn't) at the most obvious times where we would have probably scored.
This. If it's open, there's no reason not to take the easy scoring play.

Top Bottom