• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Slot Cloggers (NHL 12 EASHL)

Marvie_3

Banned
I only ever really see people abuse the curl and drag shot short-side, I dunno. I did it a bunch 2 years ago and then I started realizing how easy it was to score and stopped doing it. It was literally a goal every time if you wanted. EA goalie A.I....

Does not compute.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
I should be around tomorrow night. If anyone wants to meet up, let me know. I will be looking to play D and working towards improvement.

Antti

How the hell is it that one game of A takes me from 60 to 78%, but one game of C+ takes me from 78% to 50? Fuck.

The overall average score is an average of your scores in all the positions you have played. Say you're an A+ in Left Wing and Center, but you're a C- in Left Defense, your overall average score is gonna be at like B.

I should be around tomorrow night. If anyone wants to meet up, let me know. I will be looking to play D and working towards improvement.

cool, see u out there

---

I'll be on at like 9:30pm EST after the Flyers stop screwing around and finish off the Jets

people, we need a consensus on new jerseys, speak, create some better ones then Marvie or forever hold your peace...

Marvie_3

Banned
What's the word on jerseys? I'm leaning towards these green ones myself:
0vHuL.jpg

Also, got the OP updated for the new month with everything except the playoff stats. A few notes about the records:
-Congrats to swim for retaking his "most fights" title.
-Congrats to blind for setting a new record with 34 giveaways in a single game (not sure how the fuck you pulled that off).
-Congrats to me for retaking my "most PIMs" crown away from Viz again.

moop1167

I like the green ones Marv, but I still like those Blue/Peach /OJ ones the most.

Also I think you left me off the most points list with 319 and I think I have 13 SHG. Not a big deal though obviously.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
As long as they aren't all white or bright pink /yellow I don't care what they look like

zsswimmer

What's the word on jerseys? I'm leaning towards these green ones myself:

Also, got the OP updated for the new month with everything except the playoff stats. A few notes about the records:
-Congrats to swim for retaking his "most fights" title.
-Congrats to blind for setting a new record with 34 giveaways in a single game (not sure how the fuck you pulled that off).
-Congrats to me for retaking my "most PIMs" crown away from Viz again.

I want that PIM title :mad: I also like the red and black jerseys ;)

im slashing someone off the 1st faceoff tonight to get my record back, Marvie's got me beat by 1 min

edit: Marvie you can put whatever jerseys you want on
they are sure to be shitty looking either way so it will just make it easier to me to get approval for mine the next time we change :)

Marvie_3

Banned
I like the green ones Marv, but I still like those Blue/Peach /OJ ones the most.

Also I think you left me off the most points list with 319 and I think I have 13 SHG. Not a big deal though obviously.
My bad. I fixed it.
avumB.gif

im slashing someone off the 1st faceoff tonight to get my record back, Marvie's got me beat by 1 min

they are sure to be shitty looking either way so it will just make it easier to me to get approval for mine the next time we change :)

I think we've had about enough of your sleep inducing jerseys.

zsswimmer

My bad. I fixed it.

http://i.imgur.com/avumB.gif[IMG]
[/QUOTE]

Yeah but I have close to 1900 career PIMs online. You jelly?

zsswimmer

Didnt think it was terrible play, not noteworthy but not terrible. Terrible luck perhaps, especially that GWG the last team got on us..

Marvie_3

Banned
Why am I the only one ever being called out? Unfamiliar with the position, and that sure as hell was far from why we lost.

Since you're the newest, you're going to have to take your lumps while you get acclimated. Don't take it personal. The point I was making is that it doesn't help anyone when you're crowding the other forwards. It puts a kink in our offense and leaves too much open ice in the neutral and defensive zones.

Since you're the newest, you're going to have to take your lumps while you get acclimated. Don't take it personal. The point I was making is that it doesn't help anyone when you're crowding the other forwards. It puts a kink in our offense and leaves too much open ice in the neutral and defensive zones.

Again though. New position. Wasn't intentional .

Dude, it's the opposite wing. Can you not adapt enough for that? I'll fucking play LW if you're gonna play better and accept criticism.

I'm used to RW so I gravitate to the right unintentionally.

My point was, that wasn't why we lost. No one played well. So the fact that it was just me getting called on it is kinda wtf. Believe me, I play hockey, watch it, etc. I know when I play like shit. I know I was crowding. I apologized for it in-game multiple times. Still working on LW.

Anyways, Marv. Why didn't you want that goalie? Guy's a shutout machine. Eliminates glitch goals... Don't see why not.

Marvie_3

Banned
I'm used to RW so I gravitate to the right unintentionally.

My point was, that wasn't why we lost. No one played well. So the fact that it was just me getting called on it is kinda wtf. Believe me, I play hockey, watch it, etc. I know when I play like shit. I know I was crowding. I apologized for it in-game multiple times. Still working on LW.
Not to keep piling on, but this is part of the reason we played like shit. When one person is way out of position the whole game, it limits options on offense and messes up our defense.

Anyways, Marv. Why didn't you want that goalie? Guy's a shutout machine. Eliminates glitch goals... Don't see why not.
There's a big difference between OTP and club games. 90% of the players in OTP are straight up garbage. A human goalie might not give up the cheese goals but they're even more vulnerable to things that an AI goalie can stop.

Not to keep piling on, but this is part of the reason we played like shit. When one person is way out of position the whole game, it limits options on offense and messes up our defense.

There's a big difference between OTP and club games. 90% of the players in OTP are straight up garbage. A human goalie might not give up the cheese goals but they're even more vulnerable to things that an AI goalie can stop.

There were plenty, plenty scoring opportunities that were missed that I had nothing to do with.

And why wouldn't you try him out though? It was drop-in from the club menu. Where pretty much everyone is from an actual club. Not just randoms that are terrible.

Milly79

Sox: I know you were apologizing left and right. I know we all played like shit. You all heard my burst near the end of the game where I threw my controller and what-not. I couldn't generate any offense and they were being totally retarded and would LB right in front of every shot so it could never get through, hitting at the blueline, and their poke checks were ridiculous. They were not that good and we should have beaten them, but we couldn't get anything going.

You weren't gravitating towards the right side, cause I wasn't bitching at you. It was Marvie you were constantly in the way of. It always sucks learning new peoples play style as they usually come in and fuck all the chemistry up for a good month (except moop) until they get to know everyone's playstyle.

None of us were good tonight and I think I accounted for 3 points in 4 games and that's really, really low for myself. All the games were way closer than they should have been. The D was always lining up for hits or swinging poke checks that throw you way out of position if you're going at the guy east/west as they usually breeze by you if you miss. The D also seemed scared of the puck whenever they got it in the defensive zone and were throwing it around randomly without using their patience to set something up.

Also, Sox: You need to learn to pass harder and better. You were way off the mark tonight and I know you knew that, I'm just re-iterating it. Also, learn to aim as I see most of your non-goals hit the goalie straight in the crest.

Just a frustrating night all around, but it happens a few times every month. Nothing we can really do about it.

Sox: I know you were apologizing left and right. I know we all played like shit. You all heard my burst near the end of the game where I threw my controller and what-not. I couldn't generate any offense and they were being totally retarded and would LB right in front of every shot so it could never get through, hitting at the blueline, and their poke checks were ridiculous. They were not that good and we should have beaten them, but we couldn't get anything going.

You weren't gravitating towards the right side, cause I wasn't bitching at you. It was Marvie you were constantly in the way of. It always sucks learning new peoples play style as they usually come in and fuck all the chemistry up for a good month (except moop) until they get to know everyone's playstyle.

None of us were good tonight and I think I accounted for 3 points in 4 games and that's really, really low for myself. All the games were way closer than they should have been. The D was always lining up for hits or swinging poke checks that throw you way out of position if you're going at the guy east/west as they usually breeze by you if you miss. The D also seemed scared of the puck whenever they got it in the defensive zone and were throwing it around randomly without using their patience to set something up.

Also, Sox: You need to learn to pass harder and better. You were way off the mark tonight and I know you knew that, I'm just re-iterating it. Also, learn to aim as I see most of your non-goals hit the goalie straight in the crest.

Just a frustrating night all around, but it happens a few times every month. Nothing we can really do about it.

Well, yeah. He was to my right though. That's what I meant. I don't feel like I fucked that up before tonight. For the most part when I've been playing, it's been fine. Rolling teams. I just don't play LW well for some reason. I never have. Ever, since NHL 10. That's why I stay away from it. It's just something about the position.

Maybe it's because I played RW in actual hockey for 3 years before goalie. Who knows. I just don't play well there. There's no rhyme or reason for it.

I usually do pass better. Believe me, I was fucking pissed about that. I think I yelled about it a few times, actually.

Two goals in three/four games is shit for me after how much I've been scoring since I joined, and I agree. Their defensive style was fucking annoying. I'd have thrown my controller too if I didn't break one in NHL 11. (Protip: Don't. It breaks the analogue stick very easily)

As for aiming, I know how. Hell, my accuracy's up above 90. The thing is, most of the time, when I don't score, it's in the crest. I usually don't miss if I put it on target. You won't see me miss the corners or hit posts much because of the way I play offense. Usually, if it's on target, I'll score because of where I am. If not, it hits the crest.

Shit pisses me off. I'm never happy about how I play anyways, but for fuck's sake. I was horrid tonight.

Marvie_3

Banned
And why wouldn't you try him out though? It was drop-in from the club menu. Where pretty much everyone is from an actual club. Not just randoms that are terrible.
"drop in" games are basically OTP games without the lobby.
Yeah, moop is still fucking up our chemistry, many months later.

that was a joke, moop

Hell, my accuracy's up above 90. \
Waaaay too many wasted attribute points there.

Milly79

Here's what I would recommend (at legend 3):

Deking: 90+
Puck Control: 95+
WSA/WSP: 82+
Passing: 85+
Off. Awareness: 80+

Not sure what else is in the offensive category beside SSA/SSP.

I'm struggling for superstar because of incompetent goalies in otp who play like assholes and ruin my grade. I'll post my build at Vet 3 after I suffer through a 9:30 honors English class tomorrow. Ugh.

Milly79

Yeah, just post it and let us critique it. I can also post my Legend 3 tomorrow (87 overall, 2-way forward) so you can see how to distribute points more to your liking.

Marvie_3

Banned

Needs moar offensive awareness! I have WSA at 75 and WSP at about 85. Accuracy doesn't seem to change at all above 75 or so.

Don't bother putting points in either slap shot category if you're a forward. Very little use for them.

Needs moar offensive awareness! I have WSA at 75 and WSP at about 85. Accuracy doesn't seem to change at all above 75 or so.

Don't bother putting points in either slap shot category if you're a forward. Very little use for them.

I definitely notice a difference. Not sure why you don't. And yeah. I use two-way forward.

I wouldn't touch slapshot. Ever.

zsswimmer

I understand wsox in terms of position, I always seem off when I play LD.

I know that sounds dumb but I've spent 99% of my time in NHL 10, NHL 11, NHL 12 on RD. I also use 'Fixed' camera, which means I can see down the ice but I cant really see what's going on on the left. Im so used to playing RD that it doesn't even affect me, I can 'predict' if the puck was turned over or not and fall back without really knowing.

For some reason it gets all screwed up when I switch over
dunno.gif

Also, Ihave 50 offensive awareness and handeye which might be a reason why I only have 6 goals this season :lol

moop1167

Once I get back to an A- I will be at Legend 2 so I'll probably shore up my stats a bit. Us bailing on a few games in the last couple days has fucked my grades.

Anyone have any tips on how speed/accel/agility should be distributed in this game, now that they actually work?

I keep agility up a bit because I like to distribute, so I need to be evasive to get open and create space for people.

I have my endurance at 88 or 89 just so I can use hustle for loose pucks and backchecking. I don't really use it other than that unless I have a breakaway. I think that's a smart move, but it may be hindering my other stats a bit. I like to keep at least a minimum of 75 for strength so as to not be a pussy on skates. But once again, I don't know how big of a deal it makes in NHL12.

Offensively, I think I have:

Deke 88
Hand-Eye 85
Off Aware 86
Pass 90
Puck Ctrl 88(?)
WSA 89
WSP 84

Something like that. I don't know if putting my deking above 90 will make a difference but I do like to deke a lot (obviously). I never put it above 88 in previous games. I don't worry about the defensive stuff because my guy is a TWF and my defensive awareness is at 88/89 and stick check around 84.

I know that sounds dumb but I've spent 99% of my time in NHL 10, NHL 11, NHL 12 on RD. I also use 'Fixed' camera, which means I can see down the ice but I cant really see what's going on on the left. Im so used to playing RD that it doesn't even affect me, I can 'predict' if the puck was turned over or not and fall back without really knowing.

dunno.gif

Also, Ihave 50 offensive awareness and handeye which might be a reason why I only have 6 goals this season :lol

Pretty much. Except I don't use fixed.

Anyways. One more A average game or two more B+ averages to hit Superstar after Comp Sci. I'll post my build after if I hit it.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
There's a big difference between OTP and club games. 90% of the players in OTP are straight up garbage.
This. I've played almost 500 games with drop in and club included with half in drop in, and club teams are in a completely different league in terms of play. Drop in games 99% of the time are full of scrubs.

dunno.gif

Yea I noticed this with you, especially how much better you were at hitting on the right side, which is why I told you to take it, I don't really have a preference for which side. I was definitely rusty last night, it always takes me a bit to adjust after playing forward for so long, and I've been playing quite a few drop ins.

Top Bottom