• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Slot Cloggers (NHL 12 EASHL)

Yeah but I/we do it enough to where it gets excessive. I set up 6-7 of them tonight.

Anyways, I am gonna hit the hay, up at 6am for work, FUCK!!

Good games regardless.

Scoring doesn't get excessive. I know you don't like doing that shit, but a goal is a goal. You can't win without goals, bro.

Marvie_3

Banned
Quoting this for the new page so everyone sees it.
One thing that's killing us is our breaks. Viz has mentioned this a bunch and I've mentioned it as well, but it's still not getting done properly.

This is how we usually end up on a 3 man rush:
PGljk.png

RW(or LW) has the puck. Both of the other players go to the net and the guy in the middle ends up picking off the pass. Whoever is the middle of the 3 needs to hang back in the slot and provide a 2nd option. You don't have as good of an angle as the player on the left (or right) and when you're in the way of a pass, it completely wrecks the rush. So middle player, whoever it may be on a given play, STAY THE FUCK BACK.

This is how it should be done:
ll2c2.gif

RW (or LW) has the puck, opposite wing heads to the other side of the net, and the middle guy trails in the slot. Player on the side now has two options to pass: across to the other wing or to the trailer in the slot who has a much better shooting angle than when that player is right in front of the net.

Also, I'm going to try working on something moot pointed out in OTPs this week. Whenever I get space in on the goalie, I always just shoot. Gonna work on actually realizing I have time and trying to make a move instead of shooting into the goalie.

Blinding

Oh, I believe I did though. Would you like me to rephrase it to "a bit more than half"?

Almost always != quite a bit more then a little bit over one third. And you completely disregarded my point, which was that due to this games inconsistencies every once in a while there's going to be bullshit that happens just because of the nature of the way this game was made that is going to bite us in the ass, things that are completely out of our control, but please, by all means, keep looking at it as "oh he thinks its always the games fault."

Marv, I try to sit back when I'm in that position but at the same time I'm also trying to keep myself open in case that cross crease isn't the best option and most of the time when I think that the cross crease isn't going to work I'll try to get to that spot to at least give the option of attempting a dirty goal. Not saying that it didn't happen tonight but I don't remember an occurrence where that happened and I ended up with the puck.

Milly mentioned this a while back but I'd love to see us working behind the net, I've started to go behind there to open up a passing option and no one ever fucking uses it. You pass the puck to the guy behind the net, more then likely at least two guys are going to focus on him and it should open things up at least enough for a solid opportunity, or I could be off base with that assumption but I wouldn't know because we don't ever utilize the area behind the net.

Milly79

Almost always != quite a bit more then a little bit over one third. And you completely disregarded my point, which was that due to this games inconsistencies every once in a while there's going to be bullshit that happens just because of the nature of the way this game was made that is going to bite us in the ass, things that are completely out of our control, but please, by all means, keep looking at it as "oh he thinks its always the games fault."

Milly mentioned this a while back but I'd love to see us working behind the net, I've started to go behind there to open up a passing option and no one ever fucking uses it. You pass the puck to the guy behind the net, more then likely at least two guys are going to focus on him and it should open things up at least enough for a solid opportunity, or I could be off base with that assumption but I wouldn't know because we don't ever utilize the area behind the net.

I will, cause that's what has and will always come back to - the game.

And, I have no clue what you're talking about. If I'm on the right board and there's no opening for me, I'll rim it around. If there's no one there, well that's not my fault, but hopefully the LD or LW will pick it up in time.

I tried doing this as well tonight.

Blinding

I will, cause that's what has and will always come back to - the game.

Then you lack proper understanding skills - see, I can say things that don't hold any water too.

And, I have no clue what you're talking about. If I'm on the right board and there's no opening for me, I'll rim it around. If there's no one there, well that's not my fault, but hopefully the LD or LW will pick it up in time.

I can only count two occurrences where the puck was passed to anyone below the goal line, one was from Marvie who was pinned along the boards and had no one at the point covering his pinch, and the other was from Moop. Not only that but when anyone has the puck below the net, everyone moves away from the boards for whatever reason, which kinda kills any cycling that could happen. Regardless, using the back of the net once or twice a game doesn't count as utilizing it, especially since very rarely do any scoring chances come from it, the only ones I can think of off the top of my head all coming from Viz.

look at all this good strategy talk, even got some diagrams and shit too, brings a tear to my eyes

all this talk about self-improvement and tactics is boring, you guys need to get to work on more important things like... making new jerseys!

lol at "The Christina's"

I like the blue/yellow ones from the 1st pic the best followed by the green/black ones

here's 2 I came up with tonight while you guys were busy crashing and burning in pursuit of the January banner

502A0001_0_JPEG_SCREENSHOT_vyw.jpg

502A0001_1_JPEG_SCREENSHOT_UfR.jpg

502A0001_2_JPEG_SCREENSHOT_wWX.jpg

502A0001_3_JPEG_SCREENSHOT_dAl.jpg

Milly79

Man, I really need to learn to play D better. I get caught way too much anticipating plays being made. For instance: if the puck gets turned over in the neutral zone I try and move up the wall expecting the play to go in our favor, but it doesn't seem to happen often.

Also, that game I was getting some small spikes in the offensive and defensive zone, but none in the neutral.

@Soxfan: if you're playing RW and the D takes a penalty, you're placed on D. You have to realize that and play it.

@Marv: dude, if I send you a message fucking reply. I don't give a shit if you just got on or not. Swance and I were waiting to play and it would have been nice to have a 3rd. Instead we wait and you can't even reply. Stop being a dick. Takes two seconds to say no.

Man, I really need to learn to play D better. I get caught way too much anticipating plays being made. For instance: if the puck gets turned over in the neutral zone I try and move up the wall expecting the play to go in our favor, but it doesn't seem to happen often.

Also, that game I was getting some small spikes in the offensive and defensive zone, but none in the neutral.

@Soxfan: if you're playing RW and the D takes a penalty, you're placed on D. You have to realize that and play it.

@Marv: dude, if I send you a message fucking reply. I don't give a shit if you just got on or not. Swance and I were waiting to play and it would have been nice to have a 3rd. Instead we wait and you can't even reply. Stop being a dick. Takes two seconds to say no.

EDIT: Kay, I was pissed over getting destroyed 8-1 in OTP. This damn B+ shit is rage-worthy.

Anyways, I don't remember getting burned there. We steamrolled three teams and lost one. If I didn't play that, then my bad. But I was on a roll where I had seven goals in three games. If I'm on a hot streak like that and we're down, I'm going to be looking to tie it up, dude.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Eagerly awaiting the gif response to this. I might be able to get on tomorrow night after the habs game, I've been pretty busy of late and will be most of this week as well, not that it looks like I'm missing out on much.

Marvie_3

Banned

uGU5T.gif

Not my fault you sat there and waited.

zsswimmer

If you're on D it's just better to play back when there is a loose puck. Of course when people are about to enter our zone you don't need to let them stroll in but other than that I try to keep back for the most part. Could be that my player is slow though :]

Marvie_3

Banned
If you're on D it's just better to play back when there is a loose puck. Of course when people are about to enter our zone you don't need to let them stroll in but other than that I try to keep back for the most part. Could be that my player is slow though :]

Buy moar boosts

moop1167

I only ever really see people abuse the curl and drag shot short-side, I dunno. I did it a bunch 2 years ago and then I started realizing how easy it was to score and stopped doing it. It was literally a goal every time if you wanted. EA goalie A.I....

Top Bottom