• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Slot Cloggers (NHL 12 EASHL)

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
What a coincidence, me too!
tumblr_lov6izSPCg1qgabr4o1_500.gif

I was just messing with you guys, I really don't care if I get points or not, I'm playing d not offense
I know, it's still nice to get points, and when I play forward I forget sometimes I can always throw it back to the D, cause you're first thought is to pass it to a forward, it's something I want to work on anyways.

Marvie_3

Banned
I will probably be on tonight.

What was funny last night is that one game where we scored 8 goals, Hardy on d had 0 points and I had 1 :( Everyone else had like 6 or 7. Spread the wealth >:eek:

On a high note, I have officially reached double digit goals club. I will take my 8 figure contract anytime this week : )
You get a new contract worth 10,000,000
Chilean pesos (~$20,900) Viz will pay you
I should probably check mine.

Fights are probably around 20. Lmao.
19 of those coming at bad times amirite?
swim-o-ramas

F2IKI.gif

19 of those coming at bad times amirite?[/IMG]

No. Either the end of games or when we're up by a ton.

Sometimes if we're down to try to spark something.

I think once yesterday I randomly started one because he kept trying to fight Milly. And Milly loses to goalies. ;P

Marvie_3

Banned
Only played one game but its obvious we weren't going to get anything done.

Blind, instead of trying for wraparounds all the time, if you take the puck behind the net, look for a passing option.

Blinding

Blind, instead of trying for wraparounds all the time, if you take the puck behind the net, look for a passing option.

I think I tried going for a wraparound three times tops last night, but yeah, I do need to start looking for passing options on those. I was playing terrible last night, first game I only won three fucking faceoffs all game, and then the 2nd game I was chasing guys around in our zone instead of just doing what I normally do.

Got a game later, then French. I'll be on afterwards.

Edit: Aight, shutout. I'm pumped for more hockey later. Haha. I'll be on after the Preds/Hawks game.

Red_Man

So now when ever the first period ends it gives me a disc read error in NHL what the fuck. This is so stupid.

Red_Man

tyler-creator-yonkers-gif.gif

I'm getting disc read errors all over the place now. This is my second copy of NHL 12 I can't afford / bring myself to give this fucking awful shit company anymore money.

I'll try installing it and see if that make's any difference, otherwise I think I'm done until '13.

tyler-creator-yonkers-gif.gif

I'm getting disc read errors all over the place now. This is my second copy of NHL 12 I can't afford / bring myself to give this fucking awful shit company anymore money.

I'll try installing it and see if that make's any difference, otherwise I think I'm done until '13.

It should since it doesn't read the disk when it's installed...

Are you also sure the laser isn't going on your xbox?

Red_Man

Theres no ring but an obvious scratch and I already tore him a new asshole. Time to get back into BF3 I guess.

Fucking cheesing pieces of shit. Should have figured when Elite Division Champions came up.

Hope every single one of their houses burn down.

gg's tonight, up and down as usual

sox, a few things to work on

-on faceoffs on the offensive zone, if you are the winger along the boards, stay there on the boards if the faceoff is won by us, as it gives the dman another pass option. I noticed you usually go right towards the net which the center is already supposed to do and it gives the dman no choice but to pass across or just throw a shot on net.

-you need to anticipate better when someone is coming over to annihilate you, especially entering the zone and try to get rid of the puck before it happens. There were quite a few 2 on 1's at center ice where the dman attacked you leaving Manchot wide open and all it would have took was an early pass but you held onto the puck and got rundown like 10 times straight. Just dump it, or hard pass it around the boards if you dont feel like you can beat the defender at the blue line.

-You operate in kind of straight lines which is easy to anticipate and defend, when entering the zone you need to fool defenders with subtle things like deking back and forth or swaying inside and then changing direction towards the outside to get around them. There are more ways then fancy dekes to get around people, you have to set them up and be unpredictable. Also try using the right stick more to move the puck away from defenders by holding the puck out to your backhand or forehand. You seem to skate directly into defenders too often.

-when we are breaking out of the zone, make sure you are all the way against the wall unless a defender is clearly taking that passing lane away. Too often you drift inside too far making it really difficult for the d-man to outlet to you, especially when he is under pressure. If you stand a body length or two off the wall it makes for an almost impossible pass to aim for anyone regardless of their passing attribute rating. Hug the wall.

Milly79

-on faceoffs on the offensive zone, if you are the winger along the boards, stay there on the boards if the faceoff is won by us, as it gives the dman another pass option. I noticed you usually go right towards the net which the center is already supposed to do and it gives the dman no choice but to pass across or just throw a shot on net.

-you need to anticipate better when someone is coming over to annihilate you, especially entering the zone and try to get rid of the puck before it happens. There were quite a few 2 on 1's at center ice where the dman attacked you leaving Manchot wide open and all it would have took was an early pass but you held onto the puck and got rundown like 10 times straight. Just dump it, or hard pass it around the boards if you dont feel like you can beat the defender at the blue line.

-You operate in kind of straight lines which is easy to anticipate and defend, when entering the zone you need to fool defenders with subtle things like deking back and forth or swaying inside and then changing direction towards the outside to get around them. There are more ways then fancy dekes to get around people, you have to set them up and be unpredictable. Also try using the right stick more to move the puck away from defenders by holding the puck out to your backhand or forehand. You seem to skate directly into defenders too often.

-when we are breaking out of the zone, make sure you are all the way against the wall unless a defender is clearly taking that passing lane away. Too often you drift inside too far making it really difficult for the d-man to outlet to you, especially when he is under pressure. If you stand a body length or two off the wall it makes for an almost impossible pass to aim for anyone regardless of their passing attribute rating. Hug the wall.

rabble rabble rabble something new every week. CALLING IT.

Marvie_3

Banned
This goes for Manchot too. We had some good rushes ended by you skating right into a defender tonight.
To be fair, outlet passes, and passes in general, also need to be better. The recipient needs to make sure they're in the proper position but the passer also needs to make sure it gets there. Too many passes are getting sent fully charged and/or wide of the target and end up all the way down the ice. Be careful when aiming/charging your passes. Also, unnecessary saucer passes that take way too long to get to the intended target are ruining scoring chances. Sometimes the easiest play is the best.

Red_Man

Doubtful. Check around for a mom & pop store or a video rental place.
Hrm.. alright, I don't think there's many around my area but I'll check it out, that well be a small price to pay if they can get it going again.

-Aight, sounds good.

-Yeah, I know. I'm working on it. I noticed I do that too.

-Also working on it. Just hasn't become a habit yet.

-Also working on it. I feel like I'm better at it now than I used to be.

Thanks for the pointers.

rabble rabble rabble something new every week. CALLING IT.

8kgoE.gif

djblue89

Fun to get my first game in last night. Sorry that I didn't have my mic in. Good group of guys who actually like to play ''HOCKEY'' and not cheese.

moop1167

Didn't bother with mic last night... but playing RW was weird. I could have played better. That one open net... my guy one-times it over the net, bah.

Top Bottom