• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Slot Cloggers (NHL 12 EASHL)

IT'S JAGR'S BIRTHDAY TODAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EVERYBODY CELEBRATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wu7dW.gif
Wu7dW.gif
Wu7dW.gif
Wu7dW.gif
Wu7dW.gif
Wu7dW.gif

If I may...

Something I noticed was that (like in the 5-2 game), a lot of the time, our defenseman will both go after one guy in the corner. That leaves another guy open at the other side of the net for an easy tap-in goal. Four of their 5 goals were cross-creases. Seems like we'd be better off with leaving one dman in the corner with him, and have the other dman stay on the far side so they don't get a cross-crease. Forwards need to help the dman out, not the other defenseman.

zsswimmer

If I may...

Something I noticed was that (like in the 5-2 game), a lot of the time, our defenseman will both go after one guy in the corner. That leaves another guy open at the other side of the net for an easy tap-in goal. Four of their 5 goals were cross-creases. Seems like we'd be better off with leaving one dman in the corner with him, and have the other dman stay on the far side so they don't get a cross-crease. Forwards need to help the dman out, not the other defenseman.

There needs to be one dman always by the net unless everyone is on a particular side, which hardly ever happens.

There needs to be one dman always by the net unless everyone is on a particular side, which hardly ever happens.

That's essentially what I meant. Almost every time there's a cross-crease, it's because both defensemen are on one side. Granted, they happen magically sometimes even if someone's there, but less often. I think we'd be better off having the center help the defenseman under the net with the guy in the corner, have the other dman on the far side, and have the wings up near the blue line covering that and looking for a possible breakout.

zsswimmer

That's essentially what I meant. Almost every time there's a cross-crease, it's because both defensemen are on one side. Granted, they happen magically sometimes even if someone's there, but less often. I think we'd be better off having the center help the defenseman under the net with the guy in the corner, have the other dman on the far side, and have the wings up near the blue line covering that and looking for a possible breakout.

Yep. And I always try to urge people not to use the block shot animation to try to stop a cross crease, 90% you take yourself out of the play and do nothing. I've seen guys do it a lot. Just try to position your stick in front of theirs and it's a decent chance you'll intercept.

If I may...

wasnt really the case tonight and isnt really a problem overall

I just singlehandedly killed us in all the games we played, probably my worst couple games ever, so i bailed after the last one to cut my losses

guys were picking me clean and walking in uncontested all night

Milly79

Noticed the diving works still. I saw someone doing it in our 4-1 loss where they dive in and push up on the RS to do the sweep animation and it came out. Didn't look like the goalie passed it. I tried it offline and it works, just not as effective.

I just singlehandedly killed us in all the games we played, probably my worst couple games ever, so i bailed after the last one to cut my losses

Win as a team, lose as a team. We could have always picked up the slack and scored more.

dude i played bad too but it was cool you made me get off and play fifa 12 with my brother we formed a club me and him and went 3-1 that was fun you know you can get like 3 games in like an hour you can only get one hockey game in that time crazy

dude i played bad too but it was cool you made me get off and play fifa 12 with my brother we formed a club me and him and went 3-1 that was fun you know you can get like 3 games in like an hour you can only get one hockey game in that time crazy

Is Fifa online fun? I've been hesitant to go online in it after all the hackings. :/

Milly79

I really didn't see any exploits in OTP FIFA. 1v1 never tried besides playing with my friends.

Also, every glitch in NHL is defendable.

Have you ever seen NHL '09 glitching? NHL '12 glitching is NOTHING in comparison.

Curve shots, wrap around five-hole, skating backwards, goal line goals... I mean, you saw it all in the game. It was the WORST of all the current gen games.

Not to mention every game has had some sort of attribute glitch to get your guy higher than Legend 3. Really not sure if '12 has it, but wouldn't doubt it.

What were the glitches in '10/'11 Marv and Co? I can't remember.

I really didn't see any exploits in OTP FIFA. 1v1 never tried besides playing with my friends.

Have you ever seen NHL '09 glitching? NHL '12 glitching is NOTHING in comparison.

Curve shots, wrap around five-hole, skating backwards, goal line goals... I mean, you saw it all in the game. It was the WORST of all the current gen games.

Not to mention every game has had some sort of attribute glitch to get your guy higher than Legend 3. Really not sure if '12 has it, but wouldn't doubt it.

10/11 had the same ones 12 has. Never played '09 online though.

'12 did have the attribute thing for a while before they patched it.

Marvie_3

Banned

It's true NHL 12 isn't nearly as bad as 09, but it's still a broken game. The fact that the motherfuckers at EA won't even release a tuner to try and help balance the game pisses me off to no end. Last year there were multiple tuners throughout the year. There's been 2 I think this year and there hasn't been a new one for months.

NHL 10 had a "press A to backward skate around the D-man" and the unstoppable cross crease goals. Wraparounds were SUPER effective too.

Both NHL 10 and 11 had the far side pull back wristers. Making those less effective is how the shortside bullshit in NHL 12 opened up. The one tiny deke then shortside goal was absurdly effective in 11 as well. Fucking game was plagued with that shit for awhile.

Is Fifa online fun? I've been hesitant to go online in it after all the hackings. :/

Yes it does suck that everyone hacks there charactor but they max out there player. In fairness everyone does so they dont have to spend 40 playing before your halfway there. But clitches i dont seem to see a problem with it we win we get beat nothing like glitch shots in hockey but both games have there replay value

Marvie_3

Banned
Viz, remember when you couldn't win faceoffs in that first game last night? LOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLLOLOLOLOLLOLOLLOLOLOL

zsswimmer

Vis, Marvie, Noz, sox and I just participated in perhaps the most enjoyable NHL game ever.

We won the game 7-0
  • we had like 4 short handed goals
  • i made some crazy backwards skate to snipe
  • at the end of the game Vis had the puck to himself for the last 5+ minutes, in the mean time he would drop pass it in front of the other team and retake it, he was jumping over fallen bodies, dodging checkers, etc
  • i was in the box for fighting, where both of us would trade 1 punch every 10 seconds while not blocking at all
  • for the last 5 minutes marvie just rammed himself into the penalty box
  • after 3 fights, the other team took so many penalties that we had a 5-3 for 6:00 (at that point i think i was keeled over in my chair from laughing so hard)
Those are the kind of games that pop up every once in awhile and make me feel that this game is worth it.

Marvie_3

Banned
Nice 5 game win streak tonight. Got our 400th win and everyone played really really well. Capped the night with a 6-1 beatdown of a pretty decent club.

That 7-0 game was fucking hilarious. Could have been 20-0 if we hadn't fucked around the last half of the game.

[*] for the last 5 minutes marvie just rammed himself into the penalty box

I wanted to come in there and hang out with you and Noz but the guy wouldn't open the door. So, I tried to ram it down.

Vis, Marvie, Noz, sox and I just participated in perhaps the most enjoyable NHL game ever.

We won the game 7-0
  • we had like 4 short handed goals
  • i made some crazy backwards skate to snipe
  • at the end of the game Vis had the puck to himself for the last 5+ minutes, in the mean time he would drop pass it in front of the other team and retake it, he was jumping over fallen bodies, dodging checkers, etc
  • i was in the box for fighting, where both of us would trade 1 punch every 10 seconds while not blocking at all
  • for the last 5 minutes marvie just rammed himself into the penalty box
  • after 3 fights, the other team took so many penalties that we had a 5-3 for 6:00 (at that point i think i was keeled over in my chair from laughing so hard)
Those are the kind of games that pop up every once in awhile and make me feel that this game is worth it.

All were hilarious.

Undefeated tonight. Hell yeah. Good night we had tonight, gentleman.

Top Bottom