• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Slot Cloggers (NHL 12 EASHL)

Me, Rev, and Moop are waiting in the lobby, I messaged Legit letting him know that you're
forcing
telling him to play Viz, so we're just waiting on Milly atm.

finally someone who is useful on this shitty excuse for a club

Moop why can't you be a man of action and conviction like Blinding. When he puts his mind to it, things get done. Pissed off about the Club Owner, run him into retirement... Waiting to play playoff games, organize the troops...

You on the other hand are busy pestering me with annoying questions like some goddamn woman. Why don't you stop asking questions Miss Moop, and instead get your ass in the kitchen and cook for me. The meal I want tonight is a Playoff Banner with extra sauce. No cheese either and hold the bitter tears.

Blinding

Viz, you'll have to take Milly's spot if he doesn't get on in the next 5 minutes, just saying.

Nevermind, Milly stopped being slow.

Blinding

And lost game two, which I feel really shitty about since I took three tripping penalties that they scored on twice. :\

I'm so fucking tired of wristers from the faceoff circles that seemingly always go in against us, it just seems like such a fucking half-ass way to score and seems to play more off of percentages (oh hey look we're EA and we're going to make it so that you have a higher chance of scoring from these areas and not there, woo!) rather then actual hockey. Of course we could just take those away, but then that'd leave the slot and crease a bit more open and lord knows what happens when we open it up a bit.

Milly79

Yeah... That was garbage. Both games. I don't care if we won the first, we played like shit.

Positioning did get quite out of hand... Not going to lie. I really noticed it with Blind/Moop. Also Rev seemed to be pinching quite a bit.

Also Moop dude... I remember you saying you played D better than ANYONE on the team, yet when we were on the PK you were half way up the ice expecting a transition. The best player in the world wouldn't be half-assing it on defense, would he?

I lagged the entire game even after restarting my shit. I was half a step behind on everything.

Oh, and I loved running into the dudes diving at the goalie. Told you guys that shit was still in, the window is a lot smaller to pull it off. Here's a video I took:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xkHrDA0SFj0&feature=youtu.be

Blinding

Positioning did get quite out of hand... Not going to lie. I really noticed it with Blind/Moop. Also Rev seemed to be pinching quite a bit.

Yeah, I was dealing with lag that was going in and out both of those games so my positioning was bound to get out of hand.

As for the guys that were diving at the goalies, honestly, just from their point totals alone it wasn't surprising. They were terrible and had I not taken those penalties we would've won that game easily, hence my shitty feeling afterwards.

moop1167

Get on your mic and communicate then next time. I only tried to jump up the ice when I saw us get it because we needed a goal. Keep in mind their first two goals had nothing to do with defense anyways because they were glitchy.

Milly79

Get on your mic and communicate then next time. I only tried to jump up the ice when I saw us get it because we needed a goal. Keep in mind their first two goals had nothing to do with defense anyways because they were glitchy.

I had my mic on the entire time. :lol

moop1167

I had my mic on the entire time. :lol

Ah, okay. I was saying into the mic on the PK that we should try to be a little offensive. I was being opportunistic but at the same time I was anticipating the transition, but I was still always between the puck and their Dmen. Someone should have told me to stop if it was an issue at the time. I don't want to start another fight or anything but coming on here after the loss to say it after the fact doesn't really help except make it look like you are trying to place blame.

Milly79

No, I'm trying to help. I'm not the first one to say something about it.

If I were trying to place full blame on anyone, I wouldn't have put any on myself. ;)

The lost because we all played like shit. Wasn't just one of us that time.

moop1167

No, I'm trying to help. I'm not the first one to say something about it.

If I were trying to place full blame on anyone, I wouldn't have put any on myself. ;)

The lost because we all played like shit. Wasn't just one of us that time.

I hear ya, but no one seemed to say anything when I said I was going to play more aggressive on the PK. I was aware of what I was doing, so it's not like I don't know my role on the PK. Next time I won't do it and play more conservatively, but it looked like a few times when we got possession I'd be able to sneak by.

I don't think we played poorly in that second game. There were a lot of chances we didn't convert on, and then in the 3rd period when they were down 2-0, they pulled the bullshit plays out. I mean, the weave-windup wrist shot from just inside the blueline... bah. I hate that shit.

Milly79

@Blind: to be honest, I wasn't talking at all. I kept getting lag in the OF/DF zones, oddly enough not in the NZ. Second time it's happened this year. It wasn't unplayable, but I couldn't pull off stuff I normally would be able to.

@Antti: Well... You have to be quicker so that is timing. :p The seconds it takes to pull it off before the whistle blows is really low. Unlike when you could just dive without the sweep.

@Moop: Why are you so surprised teams would go for that stuff? Every goal in this game is basically considered cheese... It doesn't even bother me anymore. You should be desensitized to it by now.

moop1167

Because it came out after they realized it was the 3rd period and they were down 2-0. I dunno, still bothers me. This is the only game I really play online so I guess I still can't get over the fact that people have to "cheat" or exploit to win.

Blinding

Because it came out after they realized it was the 3rd period and they were down 2-0. I dunno, still bothers me. This is the only game I really play online so I guess I still can't get over the fact that people have to "cheat" or exploit to win.

Right, but it occurs too often and obviously isn't going to be fixed in this game at the very least to waste the effort caring about it. It sucks, but it's a part of the game whether we like it or not.

Milly79

That's what I'm saying. Exploiting in sports games is out of hand. There are only a few high percentage plays in this game that work, but if you have the defense it shouldn't happen. Anytime you see a non-curl wrister top corner in the slot, or a slapper in the slot you'd consider it cheese.

Just gotta get over it, moop. Stop worrying about it.

alright peons, enough talking about your failures, it's time to choose some fresh new jerseys

pick one of the following
OR
pick one and recommend changes to it
OR
make a better one

GO!

YELLOW SHITS
yellgrnf.jpg

yellgrnb.jpg

KEEP IT GULLY GRAY N RED
obredf.jpg

obredb.jpg

POPPIN BOTTLES AT DA CLUB NEON
neonf.jpg

neonb.jpg

SIMPLE ASS MAROON
marf.jpg

marb.jpg

F DA KNICKS
knicksf.jpg

knicksb.jpg

CHILLIN COOL CORAL
graygreenf.jpg

graygreenb.jpg

MORE GOLD THEN FORT KNOX SON
goldblub.jpg

goldbf.jpg

Nozdeuce

If there was an Official MGO Community Leader, I'd be it
Neon puke green!
and i'll tank some ssx challenges against you, free money!

So if I join what position will I most likely play? I don't mind playing defense since I'm new. And what is the locker room situation like, do we have only 1 like last year?

And is this club as disfunctional as it has been in years past? I can only hope so.

I really want to join the club but I've been hesitant to buy it at 60, I saw it 40 a few weeks ago and I've been hoping to see it drop but it won't :( I'm almost ready to say fuck it and just get it because I would love to hop on and play tonight. But I'm serious about coming back, not trying to Favre yall!

Marvie_3

Banned
So if I join what position will I most likely play? I don't mind playing defense since I'm new. And what is the locker room situation like, do we have only 1 like last year?
Still one dressing room and probably wing as always.
And is this club as disfunctional as it has been in years past? I can only hope so.
Even more so! We just removed 1 player and a 2nd one is coming soon! Who will it be? Stay tuned!
I really want to join the club but I've been hesitant to buy it at 60, I saw it 40 a few weeks ago and I've been hoping to see it drop but it won't :( I'm almost ready to say fuck it and just get it because I would love to hop on and play tonight. But I'm serious about coming back, not trying to Favre yall!
It was ~$50 on Amazon when I checked a few days ago.

And Viz, if you're going to change the jerseys, use the ugliest of all those ugly jerseys you posted and go neon green.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Marvie is like Bob Gainey, says he steps down but still is there behind the scenes always watching.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Good games tonight, no real cheese except for Swances curved goal that he learned from the movie Wanted, and I actually scored on a breakaway :D

Top Bottom