• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Timepiece Thread Of Fine Wristwatches

Well, second day has passed by and I can't get through Broadway Watches. I keep getting a voice box saying to leave a message. No email reply back either.

I think I was scammed? :(

I can't find anything on the company online.

YagizY

Just picked this badboy up. Loving Eco-drive. My first battery-less watch. I know it looks big but my hands and wrist are pretty big. Also I'm a fan of dials and whatnot (I know some people aren't).

image by YilmazY, on Flickr

Got quite a deal on it as it was 20% off MSRP and Sears had a friends and family special that took off another 25%. Ended up being $70 bucks cheaper than Amazon even.

Who did you get it from?

Nevermind. They contacted me back. They said once it has been worn, they can' accept it back. I bought the damn watch 2 weeks ago, and it's already defective, lol.

See the four holes on the left where the clasp is?

http://forums.watchuseek.com/attach...pe-ii-solid-end-links-skx007-009-img_1314.jpg

That's the spring bar I need. How do I know which fit to buy? do I base it off the lug width of the watch, which would be 20mm spring bars?

If I can't get my money back, I may just get a black leather strap.

Cousteau

Nevermind. They contacted me back. They said once it has been worn, they can' accept it back. I bought the damn watch 2 weeks ago, and it's already defective, lol.

See the four holes on the left where the clasp is?

http://forums.watchuseek.com/attach...pe-ii-solid-end-links-skx007-009-img_1314.jpg

That's the spring bar I need. How do I know which fit to buy? do I base it off the lug width of the watch, which would be 20mm spring bars?

If I can't get my money back, I may just get a black leather strap.

Can you ask for an exchange? Sounds pretty shady to me that they won't take ownership of a defective product that broke after 2 weeks. You could always leave them a bad review everywhere and threaten to report them to the Better Business Bureau.

Jhriad

Every single time this thread pops back up I lose an hour or two looking at watches and thinking about jumping in on my first watch in probably close to a decade. I'm really tempted to pick up two Orient watches from orientusa.com and use the 30% off code that comes with a third random automatic free. I'm just guessing that I'd hate the third watch though which is keeping me from taking the plunge. That and the fact that they don't have the Orient Flight ER2A005Y. That watch tickles me in the right places.

EDIT: Was playing around and seeing just how much I'd pay compared to Amazon and I saw that you actually get to choose your free watch. Ugh. So tempting.

Desavona

Christmas gift for the girlfriend. Sorry for the dodgy pic.

ybgyi.jpg

It's the mid size black face with pink markers.

Desavona

Normally I don't like Rolex at all, but I gotta admit that this is a very fine watch indeed. I can only pray that my lady doesn't see this thread and your pic.

Yeah I'm not really a huge fan of Rolex either but it's what she's always wanted. I'm sure she will kick my ass for spending so much.

Jake.

that rolex is gorgeous - i presume you make major coin to be bale to afford a xmas present such as that. i'd wear it even with the pink markers.

Desavona

that rolex is gorgeous - i presume you make major coin to be bale to afford a xmas present such as that. i'd wear it even with the pink markers.

Well my end of year bonus paid for half of it and I'm counting it as a birthday (late Jan) gift too. I don't make 6 figures or anything. The watch was originally going to be for my mother but she wanted the diamond bezel i was just lucky to be looking for a Rolex. It's brand new but I picked it up for second hand price pretty much.

How do you guys find the right length for NATO/nylong straps? I measured my old watch with the strap fitting perfectly, and it comes to 9 inches. I'm assuming you measure both ends of the strap and add them together, so 4.5 inches at the top and 3.5 inches for the other strap.

Not my pic, but I have this watch. I HATE the velcro strap on it. It adds way too much bulk to the band, but I really like the orange nylong strap:

8072329534_9f66f85054.jpg

Now here's my problem. I have puny, flat, 6 inch wrists, and I don't want this to happen:

http://i.imgur.com/HqmOV.jpg

Look how bulky the straps on the sides when he, I'm guessing, over-laps them. I want the band to stay buckled at the bottom of your wrists, like most watche.

Love the one you went with. Especially the band.

Unfortunately I had to send it back because there was a defect with the face of the watch, but they don't have any more stock of that particular model. So I either need to pick out a different model or find a local retailer.

So I have been looking at watches on and off for awhile now and pulled the trigger on a Tissot.

Looked pretty good and everything. Bit of a leap of faith (hoping I don't hate it in person or something). But, here is the link to it. Amazon

Any opinions on Tissot in general? They seem like a well-regarded, quality, and sturdy brand from my research. Like that this is pretty simple and elegant. Not overly sporty anything and could be a everyday watch for casual and dress.

So I have been looking at watches on and off for awhile now and pulled the trigger on a Tissot.

Looked pretty good and everything. Bit of a leap of faith (hoping I don't hate it in person or something). But, here is the link to it. Amazon

Any opinions on Tissot in general? They seem like a well-regarded, quality, and sturdy brand from my research. Like that this is pretty simple and elegant. Not overly sporty anything and could be a everyday watch for casual and dress.

My husband has a Tissot and likes it. It hasn't given him any problems so far.

Tobor

I decided I needed a watch recently, and picked up a SNZG15.

9ff1f17dd8c299bd98bd2d4e0497a3d3.jpg

I'm happy with it, but I think I want to replace the strap. Any strap suggestions?

Slizz

I decided I needed a watch recently, and picked up a SNZG15.

http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb83/Tobor_bucket/9ff1f17dd8c299bd98bd2d4e0497a3d3.jpg[IMG]

I'm happy with it, but I think I want to replace the strap. Any strap suggestions?[/QUOTE]

Anything from here: [URL="http://www.broadarrow.net/maratac.htm"]http://www.broadarrow.net/maratac.htm[/URL]

I've bought from this site before so don't worry it's looks are from 1996. Fast delivery and a quality strap.

Only reason I'm replacing my current one is just due to dirt and it being over a year old.

I'd take the zulu. One strap behind the watch instead of two. And you can position the clasp as you see fit. With the nato you are limited to the sideways position.

Tobor

I'd take the zulu. One strap behind the watch instead of two. And you can position the clasp as you see fit. With the nato you are limited to the sideways position.

I replaced the strap on my Seiko immediately too. There's just something nice and classic about a watch on a leather strap. I really like the ones from Crown & Buckle (http://www.crownandbuckle.com/):

[]http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8472/8091625079_72f74e5c1c.jpg[/img]

Man, now I'm torn. I like the sporty look of the Zulu, but I think I need a slightly more professional look. I may have to get both! Or...another watch! :p

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
Christmas gift for the girlfriend. Sorry for the dodgy pic.

ybgyi.jpg

It's the mid size black face with pink markers.

This caught me eye because I just grabbed my wife a Rolex as well. But if it's a midsize isn't this a men's 116000/34? You should have gone with the jubilee bracelet as well, though I'm guessing the bezel is steel and not white gold? The pink does look good on the black. I grabbed a 179174 but switched the face to a mother of pearl.

edit: actually here's just a pic of it next to my daily 116264, which is dirty as fuck.. they make a cute pair (yes the foam thingy is backwards)

Xl3Ojl.png

Desavona

This caught me eye because I just grabbed my wife a Rolex as well. But if it's a midsize isn't this a men's 116000/34? You should have gone with the jubilee bracelet as well, though I'm guessing the bezel is steel and not white gold? The pink does look good on the black. I grabbed a 179174 but switched the face to a mother of pearl.

edit: actually here's just a pic of it next to my daily 116264, which is dirty as fuck.. they make a cute pair (yes the foam thingy is backwards)

We went to get it re-sized for her today and i think the watch looks great on her wrist perfect size for her. Yes the bezel is white gold I think the fluted bezel is only available in gold.

I love the look of the mother of pearl face btw :)

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
We went to get it re-sized for her today and i think the watch looks great on her wrist perfect size for her. Yes the bezel is white gold I think the fluted bezel is only available in gold.

I love the look of the mother of pearl face btw :)

Yeah..lady's sizes nowadays are leaning towards midsize for standard. Even 31mm looks small but go back 20 years and a standard lady's size was 26. I went with the 26 as well and it paid off. Most important thing is she likes it. And I hope that resizing was free. =P

Top Bottom