• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Timepiece Thread Of Fine Wristwatches

I've posted my (non-rational) love for autodromo in the past in this very thread. Crazy cool design. (have a look at their driver gloves too, OMG class redefined).
And I agree the pan europe looks fantastic too.

On a side note, NEW GSHOCKS!

BLUE CHRONO

Casio_GShock_GA-310-2A_JF_DR_CR_ER_560.jpg

CAMO

Why not.

pwack

Here's a shot of the new Nomos helpfully posted by a WUS member -- the one in the paper in the background, not what is on the wrist.

1432141d1395750333-new-nomos-basel-814114d1395742521t-neue-uhr-nomos-metro-temporary_zps21b25d02.jpg

My initial impression is it's . . . fine, I guess. Not something I would ever buy, and not the sort of design for which I look to Nomos.

Here's a shot of the new Nomos helpfully posted by a WUS member -- the one in the paper in the background, not what is on the wrist.

My initial impression is it's . . . fine, I guess. Not something I would ever buy, and not the sort of design for which I look to Nomos.

Lovely.

As for the lambda, they keep on with that 'minimalist medical instrument' inspiration (which I totally love), but the lugs are... a bit weak-looking IMO (and there is a tiny bit too much space between the case and the strap for my taste).

Is it a moon phase in that window?

Blu10

1432141d1395750333-new-nomos-basel-814114d1395742521t-neue-uhr-nomos-metro-temporary_zps21b25d02.jpg

I think it's odd that they have the seconds on the outer ring of the face while using a small seconds at the bottom.

-Setsuna-

Only 42 hours before BaselWorld opens its doors...

I'd like my next purchase to be a 36,000bph three-hander, and thus hope for some new models from Zenith and Grand Seiko. I wouldn't mind the unveil of a new Credor Masterpiece, for the pleasure of the eyes. Also, Pequignet have my attention with their recent teasers and already gorgeous line-up. And finally, I hope to see some high-end mechanical watches from Citizen (Eco-Drive is an astonishing technology, but a bit of change would be nice...).

I believe it's a power reserve. Similar placement and design to what they use on the Tangente Gangreserve.
I think that you're right since "gangreserveanzeige" is written right above the pic.
A weird looking power reserve indicator, though.

I think it's odd that they have the seconds on the outer ring of the face while using a small seconds at the bottom.

Crazy idea, maybe it's for the minute hand? :D

I am so excited for Baselworld! I hope to see some Zenith stuff too, but the guys I am mostly interested in are AP, They are supposed to change their direction from stupid limited edition ROO every months to something new. (well, that's what my AD says, and I imagine he knows more than I do...)

maeh2k

Not really feeling the new one, but that white-on-black Tangente looks awesome.

-Setsuna-

Three teasers from Seiko:

An unusual green dialed GS:
8REG4Yt.jpg

The 1964 Grand Seiko 43999 returning from the dead:
8D1lQfT.jpg

And what looks like a new Tuna, or a shrouded diver:
mIECmd9.jpg

Tomorrow can't come soon enough!

-Setsuna-

By "lovely", you mean "absolutely gorgeous", right? ;D

It looks like a reissue of a 50's or early 60's timepiece (the golden age of dress watches, in my opinion).

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
My wallet is ready for the show. I have my eye on a Mark ii but let's see what comes up.

New BB color:

Tudor Ranger:

New Seamaster 300:

Not feeling the new Seamaster. I would've preferred if the 2254 was updated instead.

The BB midnight blue is damn gorgeous. Nice, clean, and legible dial. Wouldn't mind owning one as my one and only expensive watch, but if I bought it, I'd still be thinking about OMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEGA!

Speaking of Omega, I keep flip flopping between SMP300 and the PO2500. Too many negatives compared to the PO. Just don't like the skeleton hands and the bracelet. The only negative I see with the PO is the thickness at 14mm. I can always wear a strap/rubber, but I bracelet. That chunky sitting tall and sliding around on bracelet could be annoying. Or maybe I'm overreacting, I dunno. The diameter is perfect, though.

Peru

I like the new Seamaster actually. Heavy, nice feel. Always enjoyed Longines design, just can't pay top dollar for it.

The new Cellini is the most desirable and gorgeous Rolex I've seen in a long time:

Blue dial, green sapphire, orange seconds hand... That's pure and unaltered ugliness.

If I make it to 75 years old, and I want to look older than I really am, I'll make sure to ping you Setsuna :D

Also, following pwack links: Dear Seiko, please try to put those nice diver in smaller cases (46-48mm is NOT ok) and you will have another customer, thx!

Finally, that new Patek in SS, while ridiculously priced, is another stab into the 'high end needs to be gold/plat' belief, and that makes me (very) happy.

-Setsuna-

Citizen's new flagship model is just another Eco-Drive Satellite Wave. A remarkably thin one, though (12,4mm) :

Press releases for the new Seikos are out. Speculation on a GS quartz diver was close -- new Prospex level instead. New hi-beat GS looks good.
http://www.seikowatches.com/press_release/2014/RLS1403-03/index.html
http://www.seikowatches.com/press_release/2014/RLS1403-02/index.html
The SBGV009 and SBGJ003 are superb, but, IMO, the SBGJ005 is totally ruined by its orange GMT hand.

Also, I've found a few more models on Seiko Japan's website:

Credor GTTE564:

Grand Seiko SBGJ007 - SBGJ008 - SBGJ010:

Beautiful and technically impressive 36,000bph GMT watches, but, from what I can read, destined to the domestic market only.

@GS: ;)

Has anyone seen an aqua terra 8500 in person? I'd really like to own the blue one, but at the ad, they only had white and black. I was underwhelmed. Maybe I didn't take enough time analyze it, but I didn't see that awesome shimmer that makes the dial pop. All I saw was a very dull dial.

the sea master pro black ceramic I tried on was damn gorgeous I'm thinking its going to be the black or blue. I still like the smp with the wave dial, too.

Has anyone seen an aqua terra 8500 in person? I'd really like to own the blue one, but at the ad, they only had white and black. I was underwhelmed. Maybe I didn't take enough time analyze it, but I didn't see that awesome shimmer that makes the dial pop. All I saw was a very dull dial.

Sounds like an easy decision. If you're going to drop that kind of money, you had best be perfectly satisfied and instantly "wowed". But I guess it depends on what kind of disposable income you have, and I don't know your situation.

I'm willing to make compromises on a budget watch, but when the day comes that I get a big boy luxury watch, it will have to be exactly what I want and floor me in every way.

I'm nowhere near buying an omega. Hopefully I get this govt job I'll be a le to afford it.

also, I wouldn't buy new. At least for now. It'd be used.

and I agree about choosing a watch that'll wow me. Its just so hard to choose!

I'm nowhere near buying an omega. Hopefully I get this govt job I'll be a le to afford it.

also, I wouldn't buy new. At least for now. It'd be used.

and I agree about choosing a watch that'll wow me. Its just so hard to choose!

Waiting sucks, but at least it gives you time to pick the perfect watch.

Good luck with the job. A government job should bring pretty good coin and benefits, and depending on your current situation, could mean a real lifestyle switch. Next thing you know you'll have one of those fancy watch display boxes with a glass lid.

Waiting sucks, but at least it gives you time to pick the perfect watch.

Good luck with the job. A government job should bring pretty good coin and benefits, and depending on your current situation, could mean a real lifestyle switch. Next thing you know you'll have one of those fancy watch display boxes with a glass lid.

Yup. Would be moving to far northeast corner of the country. Freezing my ass off that's for sure.

Here's a YT video, not the best quality, but of a SMP ceramic blue. The watch is just so damn gorgeous:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f0B7HjIUaVU

Then there's the 2254 review by this owner:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QzGwIw_Cz4U

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man

the sea master pro black ceramic I tried on was damn gorgeous I'm thinking its going to be the black or blue. I still like the smp with the wave dial, too.

Yes actually. In the Omega store in the Houston Galleria. It is fantastic looking in person, just absolutely beautiful.

Funny, I literally just sent my mom an email to buy one if she sees one, she's gone to Baselworld this week.

The white and the black don't hold a candle to the blue IMO.

Forsete

All the way from mother russia, Vostok Amphibia K-43. Jelly yet?

13566356624_0941bb3577_h.jpg

I've had it for a while. Surprisingly accurate, slows about 3-4 minutes in a week. Not bad for such a cheap non-japanese watch. :p

Forsete

^ i like that. where did you get it?

I bought it off Ebay from a Russian seller. It took about 1 week to arrive. (Moscow to Sweden).

Where on earth is 4 minutes slow/week 'accurate'??? This is like 30+ secs/day!

Even in the 60s Soviet Russia this was considered a big deviation :D

Hey, I was expecting 3-4 minutes per DAY. ;)
The bracelet a "Modeno" in leather, which is a bit odd, they not using "Vostok" bracelets. The bracelet is of good quality though.
The stainless steel watches have horrible Vostok folded metal bracelets, they feel very flimsy.

Vostok is a fun little brand. Quirky designs with loads of history.

Great opportunity to post mine again. Still wear it almost everyday as a (real) beater. Sometimes it just stops though. I bet it's a spring that keeps hanging. I've never checked the accuracy but it seems okay at best.

^ i like that. where did you get it?

Might not be the same guy but this is the man to go to for Vostoks.
http://stores.ebay.com/zenitarstore/

Direct connection to the factory and generally the lowest prices. Great seller.

-Setsuna-

Seiko Japan has been kind enough (...) to take and send some real life pics of the Credor "Miniature" and the 3 Hi-Beat Grand Seikos:

The SBGJ008 is pretty sexy, I have to say.

The tiny GTTE564, for its part, is way more impressive than I thought. The rose bouquet is actually made of mammoth tusk, and micro-carved by Toshihiko Shiojima:
http://www.credor.com/video/miniature/movies/pc.flv

It would have been a good idea to bring these to Basel...

All the way from mother russia, Vostok Amphibia K-43. Jelly yet?
I've had it for a while. Surprisingly accurate, slows about 3-4 minutes in a week.
Even my 50-year-old unserviced watches are more accurate than this. ;p

Ok, since the A. Lange and Sohne of Andrew Wilson at E3, I think we should instaure some kind of 'what is XYZ from the video game industry wearing on his wrist?'.

Today, Phil Spencer, new Xbox CEO, interviewed by our beloved Major Nelson here.

I am usually quite good at the game, but here, honestly, I am just not sure. My first thought was this...

BREITLING%2BSuperocean%2BBLACK%2BJapan%2BLE%2B01.jpg

What do you guys think?

Top Bottom