• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGaf's first NeoCosplay Thread. Muahahaha

Forkball

Japanese cosplay is better?

A CHALLENGER APPEARS:

toysoldiercrouching.jpg
toysoldierfiring.jpg

Sword Familiar

178% of NeoGAF posters don't understand statistics
Darkpen said:
...What are you implying? If you knew anything about hardcore cosplayers, they make everything themselves, investing up to $300-800 per costume, and that's with raw materials.

Ok. I'll make it even more clear for you then: Dad's money.

Sword Familiar

On a second remark though, since I double posted I might as well use this post for some good. I really do think that some cosplay costumes are awesome, really. But the more awesome ones are usually the ones that cost. $300-800 ISN'T a lot of money spent on a costume you'll probably only wear once?

Darkpen

Banned
Sword Familiar said:
That's a lo of money. Implication noted?
umm, your point still fails? What were you even remotely trying to imply by simply saying money? Have you seen where half of these Japanese cosplayers live? In a small, cramped apartment, with a sewing machine, two family members, and a bunch of costumes lining the walls, crammed in along with household items?

Its a hobby that people get the most out of by how much time, sweat, money, and effort they put into it, just like anything else that's hands-on. So no, implication not noted.

Sword Familiar

Darkpen said:
umm, your point still fails? What were you even remotely trying to imply by simply saying money? Have you seen where half of these Japanese cosplayers live? In a small, cramped apartment, with a sewing machine, two family members, and a bunch of costumes lining the walls, crammed in along with household items?

Its a hobby that people get the most out of by how much time, sweat, money, and effort they put into it, just like anything else that's hands-on. So no, implication not noted.

The difference between a good cosplay and a bad one is usually good materials. If it's not money then it's probably just theft. Or luck.

I do respect the people who have ideas though.

DoubleFang

Neo Member
Strider2K99 said:
Kind of old, but I figured I'd post it here.

[IMG.]http://i44.tinypic.com/k9us09.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG.]http://i40.tinypic.com/2ludndf.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG.]http://i42.tinypic.com/2wh1oc9.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG.]http://i40.tinypic.com/1zvwmlv.jpg[/IMG]

She is identical to Faith :O

Strider2K99 said:
The redhead is Jessica from SiN Episodes.

I was wondering if it was meant to be Jo or not. That gun looks sooo much like the SuperDragon from PD/PDZ that I thought it was some strange version of her.

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
robut said:
Just got back from Megacon. God, theres stuff like what's above but 99% of the rest is just shit.

Like everything in life?

99% of videogames are shit
99% of anime are shit
99% of manga are shit
99% of TV shows are shit

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Damn that girl has some nice tits. Don't tell me that old guy bangs her. I wonder if they're real?

PacoDG

robut said:
Just got back from Megacon. God, theres stuff like what's above but 99% of the rest is just shit.

Eh, today didn't compare with yesterday, but still, there was good stuff all three days. The ones I posted above were from Friday. Here are a few from Saturday:

1i0vbq.jpg

k3u593.jpg

14ngrag.jpg

and my favorite...

vgcosteamfortress.jpg

The rest of my Saturday pics are here (link). I'm going through today's stuff while trying to double xp in cod4 right now.

shaowebb

How about this one I made with my wife.
Crashman from Megaman 2. Yes the chest lights up as well I just dont have a pic.

pic8.jpg

crashman-face.jpg

Loxley

PacoDG said:
I had posted these pics up on the xbox.com forums, and it turns out the Gears group is a professional set of cosplayers (professional cosplayer.. wtf).

The guy can be found on this web site http://www.nightmarearmorstudios.com/portfolio_war.htm

In no way is the costume less bad ass... but.. a little unfair to the people who sew their own crap in the free time from their fast food jobs.

His face/head does complete the look though. It was awesome how all three people stayed looking angry the whole time I had seen them, never breaking character.

Ahhh, that's where I recognized that guy.

Nightmare Armor received a cease-and-desist letter from Microsoft a year or two back because they were selling replicas of Master Chief's armor without Bungie's consent. Cool to see that the Gears armor is actually officially licensed by Epic :) It looks fuck awesome.

PacoDG

Lastly, some from today (Sunday).

The most unhappy Mario I have ever seen:
2dbjs54.jpg

Team Fortress chicks are hot
2cnbjuv.jpg

The rest of my Sunday pictures here (link), I want to warn though, there is some cool characters done half assed.. Shadow Link looked okay in person, but when I see the pic it looks meh, same with the Pit (Kid Icarus) chick.

shaowebb said:
How about this one I made with my wife.
Crashman from Megaman 2. Yes the chest lights up as well I just dont have a pic.

pic8.jpg

Honestly man, it looks good because it is complete, I like it.

Sword Familiar said:
Darkpen said:
...What are you implying? If you knew anything about hardcore cosplayers, they make everything themselves, investing up to $300-800 per costume, and that's with raw materials.
Many, if not most of the cosplay photos in this thread is of professional models who are paid to do it.

So I guess it's a good thing I didn't actually catch the ride down there and go to MegaCon, since I only wanted to go so I could see the good cosplay. I guess there's always the FreeCon at FSU I can go to (I think it's at FSU if memory serves).

itxaka

Defeatist
elseanio said:
This one?

2cqibo5.jpg

Same girl (Omi Gibson) as Faith a few posts back.

HOHOHOHOLY fuck.

Is she a professional cosplayer or something? Because that helmet is awesomly awesomesauce.

DO WANT.

Top Bottom