• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGaf's first NeoCosplay Thread. Muahahaha

Hero

It's not surprising, pretty much every girl has self-esteem issues to a certain degree. From personal experience from cosplay girls, a lot of the ones that do skimpy outfits think they look awful in them.

At any rate, the Sakura cosplay is really well done, fanservice-ness aside. Her other costumes are great too.

Loxley

war_from_darksiders__by_donneanonyme-d4v2b5g.jpg

Mother of fuck that's impressive. Professional quality stuff there, I think the face really makes it.

Why hello there.....

Olorin

how many of you guys in this thread cosplay? I'm just curious because I think it'd be fun to try it out once with my buddies when we go to comicon or whatever, but I have no idea where to start
I've done Luigi (Super Mario), Perry the Platypus (Phineas and Ferb), Cosmo (Fairly Odd Parents), The Black Knight (Monty Python's Holy Grail) and Facebook-man and currently working on a Red Dragon Laguz (Fire Emblem)

Try to find a character you like that's not too hard to cosplay. If you don't have any sewing or crafting skills, you can always just order a cosplay online, but I find it more fun to be unique. If you're going with friends, you could do a group cosplay (all characters from the same series/game). That way you can get some in-character interaction going and will also make you much more recognizable. (some characters simply don't stand out much on their own)
For anime-type characters, you can find cheap but good quality Chinese wigs on e-bay (you'll need to cut and style them yourself though). If your character has any items/weapons, you'll need to check the convention's rules before you start making them. A lot of conventions don't allow you to carry props made out of hard materials (wood, metal), but foam is usually fine, unless the size is a hindrance.

DTJAAAAM

how many of you guys in this thread cosplay? I'm just curious because I think it'd be fun to try it out once with my buddies when we go to comicon or whatever, but I have no idea where to start

In the past, I've done Tuxedo Mask, Batman Begins Scarecrow, Onomatopoeia, and Voldemort. It's definitely fun to try and amusing to pose with people for photos. Since I'm more focused on taking photos now (some of the costumes really got in the way) and too lazy to make something new, I've set that aspect of conventioning aside until I can come up with a decent character that would look right with a fairly big camera.

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?

Its something I've always wanted to do (and I have a fair number of friends who do so), but I don't really have the necessary skills, and I can't really think of any characters I could pull off and still do justice to.

Zing

Banned
There's stuff to it. But it's personal, but it leads to why she feels like that.
Stuff such as literally having a pimp for a boyfriend (according to you)?

Wait, are you the pimp? You sure do seem to know a lot about this woman and her business practices.

Olorin

Its something I've always wanted to do (and I have a fair number of friends who do so), but I don't really have the necessary skills, and I can't really think of any characters I could pull off and still do justice to.

Your avatar could be a fun and easy cosplay that nearly anyone can pull off. You can buy a pikachu gijinka outfit online for about $40 and the weedle mask should be pretty easy to make. Originality is just as important as skill.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Stuff such as literally having a pimp for a boyfriend (according to you)?

Wait, are you the pimp? You sure do seem to know a lot about this woman and her business practices.

I'm not her bf, and why would I not know things about a friend? Have you not had friends?

And pimp according to me? REALLY? You sir are pretty god damn stupid. I said nothing of the sort and quite frankly that touches a nerve.

Minion101

Banned
Oddly enough she got mentioned on todays eps of Howard Stern by Eric.

http://howardstern.com/rundown.hs?d=1182225600

Eric the Midget called in to ask about a voicemail message he left for Richard over the weekend. Eric claimed he gave Richard tips on how to lose his accent. Howard said he found the message boring, but played part of it anyway. Eric insisted his advice was funny despite whatever Howard thought. Eric added that Playboy.com model, Haydn Porter would fit in with the freaks at Star Wars conventions, but Howard hung up on him before he could elaborate.

Edit: Oops. I'm stupid. Read the date wrong.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
I'm not her bf, and why would I not know things about a friend? Have you not had friends?

And pimp according to me? REALLY? You sir are pretty god damn stupid. I said nothing of the sort and quite frankly that touches a nerve.
lol, you are something else.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
lol, you are something else.

Because someone is talking crap about people I know and they know nothing about? *on more than one occasion* Yes I'm sure it's totally not normal to get annoyed by that. I could care less if someone said shit about me. IDK I just REALLY value my friends. Since they are always around through my hard times. So ya :p Some people asked about stuff and I gave some light info on the mater.

Of course you are probably directly attacking how I act with fighting gaf. Then well lol at you sir :p

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Are people really saying "shes hot so why does she have self esteem problems?"

I mean, wow. Confidence is so much more than having good looks, some of the least confident people I know are gorgeous, it has nothing to do with it.

Retro

You know you want that bag to move a foot and a half to the right.

Fixed that for ya.

Seriously though, while this thread does descend into creeper-zone sometimes, it's actually really cool to see fans put a lot of effort into making these costumes. I know if I were part of a major game project and I saw people dressing up as characters from it, I'd be flattered as hell.

And then I would track them down on facebook and use my developer status to... you know what? Nevermind.

Top Bottom