• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF's Official NHL 09 GUILD (PS3 Sign Up Thread)

depward

I actually thought it ran very well last year (08)... in any case, it's cool to see it'll match the 360's framerate.

Name ideas:

NeoGoons
Flaming wheels of death
Crosby & friends
GAFabs
Ice Skate yay
Pucker up
This puck is going in your net
NeoGOAL
Puck on this

Just some ideas...

This is so going to be awesome. I've been playing NHL 08 all over again brushing up. Although I'll probably get the game a little bit after you guys since I'll be in Japan, I'm super psyched for this.

Won't a team name be like city/name?

It should be the Baltimore Bullets.

calder

Ah shit I guess I can't avoid it. I'm in, PSN: caldermuyo. And I'll take #10 or #13

As long as this doesn't become a WoW-like commitment thing. "fucker where were you, every tuesday, thursday, saturday and sunday you got to be online 30 minutes before the runs start!" :lol

Remy

NeoGAF Believers.

I'm not sure if I'm picking this up yet. Need to scale back a touch on my gaming budget. :(

kassatsu

Banned
depward said:
I actually thought it ran very well last year (08)... in any case, it's cool to see it'll match the 360's framerate.

Name ideas:

NeoGoons
Flaming wheels of death
Crosby & friends
GAFabs
Ice Skate yay
Pucker up
This puck is going in your net
NeoGOAL
Puck on this

Just some ideas...
:lol

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
Alright guys, we need to figure out a witty name for our team. Also, this should be moved to the online forum.

Guy Legend

I sent kassatsu a PM about this, but the OP has my PSN id wrong (i made a slight change). My PSN ID is: InfiniteLegend8

MutFox

Banned
Team name -

City: NeoGAF
Name: Believe

ADMINS, PLEASE MOVE THIS TO THE ONLINE/MATCHUP FORUM. :p
It's getting hard to find this thread everytime we want to post in it.
Plus, the 360 Thread is in there, are we PS3 people hated that much? :(

gcubed

i'll be on reserve since you guys already have a full roster, but if anyone drops out, i'm in..

LordFarquaad on PSN - #44

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
gcubed said:
i'll be on reserve since you guys already have a full roster, but if anyone drops out, i'm in..

LordFarquaad on PSN - #44

My wife and I laughed outloud recently when it dawned on us that this is a tame version of "Lord Fuckwad". Makes Shrek even better.

gcubed

kassatsu said:
I have been on vacation. I will update the list later tonight

i hate the penguins and i'm sure i most likely insulted your team at some point during the NHL playoffs in the GAF NHL thread. I hope you wont hold it against me :)

DenogginizerOS said:
My wife and I laughed outloud recently when it dawned on us that this is a tame version of "Lord Fuckwad". Makes Shrek even better.

The only problem is 95% of the people that are online have no idea what the name is or where it is from. So its a very lonely laugh.

kassatsu

Banned
OK i updated the OP i am PMing bish about moving this thread over.
gcubed said:
i hate the penguins and i'm sure i most likely insulted your team at some point during the NHL playoffs in the GAF NHL thread. I hope you wont hold it against me :)
I will leave the hate in the locker room ;p

depward

I have a bluetooth... but I mostly use the PSEye - it works extremely well for NHL 08 so I'm guessing it'll be my choice for NHL 09..

Headset + EYE - I'm ready.

And maybe I'll put my thinking cap on to see if I can come up with a name as creative as our 360 counterparts...

MutFox said:
I HATE the Leafs... Ugh...

And why does our name have to be funny?

Why naught?

somthing to think over until the game comes out and if we don't have anything we'll go with Neogaf.

I like "The Neogaf Beleafs"
The only one I got is "It Takes Two To Tanguay" but that has nothing to do with Gaf, I just found it funny.

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
No to Beleafs and no to any name with leafs in it, I don't want our team to be jinxed :D

Top Bottom