• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF's Official NHL 09 GUILD (PS3 Sign Up Thread)

depward

For those who use Gamestop (got this in an email):

Use the coupon code NHL09 to get free overnight shipping for any version of NHL 09. It's valid til Sept 18.

depward said:
For those who use Gamestop (got this in an email):

Use the coupon code NHL09 to get free overnight shipping for any version of NHL 09. It's valid til Sept 18.

That's how I'm going to roll - hate going in to GameStop.

gcubed

sooooo..... i cant wait. I havent played a next gen hockey game yet, so, be gentle fellow gaffers, i need a few days to adjust when its out :) right now i'm just hammering the demo

Playing the poop out of the demo, as well.

I will be gone the weekend immediately following the release :*(

But I'll give it my all the rest of the time!!

Does anyone know the minimum number of players it takes to play a "guild" game? My twin brother (depward) and myself will always be able to easily coordinate, so hopefully it's 2...

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
@#$^%@!#$ If Osgood puts one more goal in his net during the shootout, I'm gonna scream!

I'm still not entirely sold on the Sixaxis for this game, I guess the amount of hours I put into NHL 08 for 360 has spoiled me. The L2/R2 triggers are too spongy for my tastes. I guess I'll just have to adjust in order to play in the league, but it's taking some getting used to.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
bishoptl said:
@#$^%@!#$ If Osgood puts one more goal in his net during the shootout, I'm gonna scream!

I'm still not entirely sold on the Sixaxis for this game, I guess the amount of hours I put into NHL 08 for 360 has spoiled me. The L2/R2 triggers are too spongy for my tastes. I guess I'll just have to adjust in order to play in the league, but it's taking some getting used to.
Together, we can get through this. :D

I went through a similar adjustment back in April. Eventually, it becomes second nature.

Mrbob

Is this league still open?

I don't know much about hockey but I think I want in. NHL 09 demo is awesome.

Shit nm i just read about the 6 vs 6 online mode sounds great. I'm in for sure. I will probably hold you guys back for a bit. I'm not totally familiar with the rules of hockey either time to read up. :D

kassatsu

Banned
Mrbob said:
Is this league still open?

I don't know much about hockey but I think I want in. NHL 09 demo is awesome.

Shit nm i just read about the 6 vs 6 online mode sounds great. I'm in for sure. I will probably hold you guys back for a bit. I'm not totally familiar with the rules of hockey either time to read up. :D
The more the merrier :)

Guy Legend

So, we should get our team name down soon, perhaps come up with a short list of finalists?

Also, any ideas what our jerseys, colors are going to be? Game is coming soon...:D

Guy Legend said:
So, we should get our team name down soon, perhaps come up with a short list of finalists?

Also, any ideas what our jerseys, colors are going to be? Game is coming soon...:D

Gotta match the colors of the NeoGAF logo, I'd say. Grey/white/orange-ish (whatever color it is)

Tripping Jack Tretton
Ted Price Poke Checks
Riiiidge Raaaacer Red Lines
Spearing SKUs

Best I could come up with. And that list truly is terrible.

I still really like The NeoGAF Beleafs, to be honest. I'm not wild about the Maple Leafs, but that's easily the best I've read so far in this thread...

Guy Legend

Good point about the colors matching Neogaf's official orange/grey. I think everyone can agree on that.

As for the name, I too like the idea of it being tied into the "Believe" slogan (I wouldn't mind just naming the team The Believe ..... it's not that far from a name like the Wild ). Maybe the "the Believers"? But tying into the Leafs....not a fan. :-/

depward

Believucks

Believe in Shorthanded Goals

Gary Believemans

Believechecks

Fightin' Believers

Penaltelieve

Yeah that's my five minute brainstorm list :D

BTW I saw in the BB ad that they guaranteed copies of NHL 09 (they showed the 360 version, but I would think it would apply to the PS3 version as well) by 4 pm on TUESDAY.

Also wanted to add - will be playing A LOT of this but I'm out this coming first weekend - have some real world stuff going on :D

depward

Also wanted to add - buddy of mine would like to play with you all, he apparently has an account here but forgot his username AND forgot the email he signed up with :lol

His PSN is - CalvinGT. Would like to be #21. His preferred position is a winger.

depward said:
Believucks

Believe in Shorthanded Goals

Gary Believemans

Believechecks

Fightin' Believers

Penaltelieve

Yeah that's my five minute brainstorm list :D

Trying too hard :D

depward said:
BTW I saw in the BB ad that they guaranteed copies of NHL 09 (they showed the 360 version, but I would think it would apply to the PS3 version as well) by 4 pm on TUESDAY.

Saw the ad as well, I think they had a "subject to date change" or something. Some other ad guaranteed by 2pm on Wednesday, sooooo, yeah.

depward said:
Also wanted to add - will be playing A LOT of this but I'm out this coming first weekend - have some real world stuff going on :D

Yup, ditto. I'm going to be playing a SHITLOAD, but don't think my first weekend absence will be a trend - busy here, as well.

lupin23rd

Is there a start date or are we jumping into this asap? Probably should read that thread on what the whole thing is, I'm still a little confused :lol

I should be getting the game sometime this week, but I'm on vacation from the 13th to the 22nd :(

After that though I'm in the clear.

kassatsu

Banned
Probably wont start for a week after release giving people enough time to get the game. I will pick up the game tomorrow though and set everything up.

gcubed

i should have it on wedensday, have to go to the wife's stupid high school reunion this weekend so wont be around until sunday night

I'd love to join. Will be picking up the game on the 12th probably since that's when they're getting the game here.

PSN - natedogg632

Just realized there was a typo in my psn name when I typed it. -_-

It should read neoJABES. Can the op please update in the roster please?

argh, didn't know we were calling numbers

i guess i'll go with 88, though i can't guarantee i'll be available for the GAF team

Captain N

I'm going to be home in a few hours to play this bad boy and have some quick questions.

1 • If I create my character before the team is made can I just play some free agent games and join your team after you create it?

2 • I was planning on being a winger. I'd be a goalie if we need one though. Can you change your position at all?

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
Will we be able to team up as six-man teams to practice? The reason I ask this is I don't know which role I will play better and then there is the issue of how plays will be run, who will call them, and how the chemistry will be between various players.

kassatsu

Banned
DenogginizerOS said:
Will we be able to team up as six-man teams to practice? The reason I ask this is I don't know which role I will play better and then there is the issue of how plays will be run, who will call them, and how the chemistry will be between various players.
Let's see how many people we have, but that sounds like a good plan. I will have the game tomorrow =\. If anyone gets it tonight and wants to make the team, go ahead.

MutFox

Banned
All the places I contacted in Vancouver won't have the game till atleast tommorow. :(
If the team name has anything to do with the Leafs, I won't play with you guys. :p

NeoGAF Believe

kassatsu

Banned
shagg_187 said:
SO umm... who is creating the league? :p

Just name it NeoGAF Believers or NeoGAF Derailleurs or something random :p
I am going to pick the game up in 2 hrs. I will make it when I get home after that.

Guy Legend

shagg_187 said:
SO umm... who is creating the league? :p

Just name it NeoGAF Believers or NeoGAF Derailleurs or something random :p

I'll vote for this. Simple and I think most people will be cool with this.

Gotta go call Gamecrazy to see if they have the game. This week is busy for me, but I'll be game this weekend.

kassatsu

Banned
Just picked it up. Team will be up soon.

What Jersey do we want... I picked a Superliga one for now, we can change it later.

depward

kassatsu said:
shagg_187 you have an invite. Who else has the game?

It's on the UPS truck :D

As far as team jersey, I'll let those with a huge preference get their say in - I'm open to anything...

Top Bottom