• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NEOGEO Station |OT| Bringing the 100 Mega Suck to PSN and PSP (Now with shit netcode)

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
lupinko said:
Only if you have the option switched on, which on the rom is by default.

So none of the games right now have no arranged music? Because 94 and 95 (ESPECIALLY 95) have great (in 95's case AMAZING) ASTs.
Tell me about it.
I usually listen the KOF AST at work.

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
Dammit, saw this bumped and thought we were getting more games today..grrr. I want Sam Sho II!

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
_dementia said:
They're on XBLA and VC I believe if you own either of the other consoles
I do own a Wii, but not a stick for it. Ill just have to wait for it on PSN... *tumbleweeds

General Shank-a-snatch said:
What makes you think that?

- Poor netcode (you said it yourself, barely playable)
- Blood only when the language is in Japanese
- No arranged soundtracks

9 bucks, have fun. :/

Actually the netcode has improved quite a bit for the new batch of games. I don't know why, but they did.

I hate blood being in Japanese only. I want to read about Dweebenheimers and bozos and you got guts now clean em up!

AES never had arranged soundtracks. Still sucks though.

Seven bucks if you got plus.

I've been playing a lot of 95. Been giving lots of people the power.

General Shank-a-snatch said:
What makes you think that?

- Poor netcode (you said it yourself, barely playable)
- Blood only when the language is in Japanese
- No arranged soundtracks

9 bucks, have fun. :/
You should read some of the posts above.

Dave Long said:
Baseball. Stars. 2.

It's a hooo-oome ruuuuuuuuuuuuuuunnnnnnnnn!.....

Just finished the 15-game pennant mode, yay. I was hoping there'd be more than zero people playing it online... the only person I've been matched up with was from China or somewhere, sent him a message after our laggy game apologizing for my crappy connection and the "Re:" part of the message had Chinese characters (I think). Would explain why there was like 1+ second lag :p I use 3G internet, kind of curious if it'd be somewhat playable against someone near me.

Shadow780

Or 98, you know, arguably the best one?

I still don't get why they haven't HD'd 98UM and 02UM with GGPO, seems like a no-brainer to me.

klee123

Shadow780 said:
Or 98, you know, arguably the best one?

Lol, they're not gonna release 98 before 96 and 97.

Which is why I think the chances of Garou hitting this year is practically nill since SNK has so many FF titles to release.

Shadow780 said:
I still don't get why they haven't HD'd 98UM and 02UM with GGPO, seems like a no-brainer to me.

When it comes to PSN, SNK are sadists.

klee123 said:
Lol, they're not gonna release 98 before 96 and 97.

Which is why I think the chances of Garou hitting this year is practically nill since SNK has so many FF titles to release.

When it comes to PSN, SNK are sadists.

97 was still pretty good. It's the most played in China I believe. No reason to hate on that 97.

And I'm actually looking forward to Real Bout and Fatal Fury 2 actually. 2 was the start of Fatal Fury being pretty good with Special really getting the fun in.

Douche McBaggins The 3rd said:
97 was still pretty good. It's the most played in China I believe. No reason to hate on that 97.

And I'm actually looking forward to Real Bout and Fatal Fury 2 actually. 2 was the start of Fatal Fury being pretty good with Special really getting the fun in.
I'd buy kof 97, 98 and 99. Thinking about buying them all actually. I really wasn't much of an SNK fan until recently.

Galdelico

Here we are again, it seems like there's no NGS news for Europe this week.
Where's my EU KoF'95?

Bah, I guess I'll grab SamSho and... Can't decide between Art of Fighting and Fatal Fury.
I know and already played alot both of them, it's a weirldly hard choice. :D

alstein

FF2 was crap, Special was good though.

RB1 to me was the pinnacle of the FF series. So many tragedies at Sound Beach.

Shinriji

alstein said:
FF2 was crap, Special was good though.

RB1 to me was the pinnacle of the FF series. So many tragedies at Sound Beach.
RBFF is the finest NG fIghter. True man fights in the east subway, without the crowd.

I loved watching the SSS master arts over and over.

Fersis said:
Tell me about it.
I usually listen the KOF AST at work.

'95 needs the arranged. So will '96. What seems odd to me is that there is a grayed out option for Arranged in the sound player.

DLC?

Galdelico

Sorry for the stupid question guys...

Is there any way to save my hi-scores in these games?
I've set NG Memory Card on, as well as autosave, but apparently my records keep being erased everytime I quit and play the game again.

Settings and everything are fine, as well as the Load yes/no option, but I'd like to keep my scores in Metal Slug and Samurai Spirits.

Thanks in advance!

SkylineRKR

I actually love Fatal Fury 3. I played that so many times, great memories of it. And perhaps the most beautiful backgrounds in any 2d fighter ever. The hon fu stage is brilliant. The writing was notorious, wtf worthy stuff... ACCIDENT!!

I do own SS4, LB, KOF 2k etc on AES too, but FF3 is still my fave of the bunch.

Tizoc said:
Dude seriously 94 and 95 should've had 2 months seperation between them.
In fact the NEO GEO Station should be updated with games every 2 months or heck 3 or 4, but around 6 months? That's too fucking long.
Besides as I wrote previously: They should release the more popular games first, or heck better yet: release oldies along with at least 1 popular game.
Seriously the most popular and/or tourney worthy NEO GEO fighters as far as I can recall are-
KoF 98, KoF 2002, Garou, Last Blade, Real Bout 2 and Special, Breaker's Revenge, World Heroes Perfect, and Fatal Fury 2 Special.
That's it off the top of my head.
Why couldn't we get these first? Or along with the older games? 6 months between releases is too fucking long. Why do I gotta wait 2 years for Garou when Capcom put up SF3: 3S within a year of it's announcement?
Sorry if I'm sounding rude and bitchy, but really, if Garou got announced for an upcoming release this year at the earliest, watch it be one of the main highlighted news in FG forums, thus gaining lots of people knowing about it and selling like hotcakes.
Of course the netcode would have to be good >_>;

Well, if they start with all popular games they probably can't make any money on the oldies. But yes their pace is far too slow.

They could update us with oldies for like 5 bucks, and then one 'better' game such as LB1 or Samsho IV inbetween for 8 bucks or so. The problem with only releasing the forgotten games is that no one cares.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Picked up Baseball Stars 2 the other day. Still the best arcade baseball game ever made.

If anyone wants to *try* to get an online game going, my PSN is SeraphisCain.

Shinriji

Anyone want to play me in KOF 95? I want to get some good games in plus test the netcode on as many people as I can before I make a judgment.

I'm Senior_LULZ

Sending you an invite tomorrow.

Why would it be 97? It's basically the same game as 98 but with fewer characters. You sure you're not thinking of 98? I know that's the one that still gets played to this day in Japan.

LiveFromKyoto said:
Why would it be 97? It's basically the same game as 98 but with fewer characters. You sure you're not thinking of 98? I know that's the one that still gets played to this day in Japan.

Oh China loves 98 don't get me wrong, but 97 is the most popular there. Don't know why, but 97 has a lot of love. Even check the GGPO rooms. Most of the 97 players are Chinese compared to everything else.

Update

Just played someone from Florida. Game was actually surprisingly playable. I'm from California and the game played pretty good. There was a few hiccups, but otherwise it played fine. I was able to do my standard Ralf combo of jumping C, Forward C and command grab. Also Terry's crossup kick, back C and power knuckle.

Though I'm still wondering how good it is once it passes the continent. This is a good sign though for a coast to coast game to work pretty well.

Update 2

Played Shinriji today. Was pretty damn playable even though he had no bars or red bar. Still able to fight and he's from Brazil.

I would love to see SNK still continue improving the netcode or updating the old games with this netcode so I could play some Samurai Shodown again.

Galdelico

Just a heads-up for european GAFfers.

Seems that KoF'95 has been finally listed for today's update!
There's no trace of Baseball Stars 2, tho.

Galdelico

Is it me or SNKP added another video setting?

I can't remember 'dot by dot' option being there before this update, and it's absolutely gorgeous... Not only it outputs a picture that is 100% faithful to the original now, but it also fixes those little flickering issues visibile in all games (the whole scrolling in Metal Slug, for example).

Great improvement, and, of course KoF'95 is still so awesome today. *_*

DasRaven

YoungHav said:
where the bloodclot is Samurai Shodown 2? If that doesn't pop up by November than I'm going to play the race card.

On the Xbox360, although I'm going to buy its eventual NGS release also.
I'm also going to pass on WH1 since WH2 is all that and more.

However, HURRAY for the increased release frequency! Maybe the best stuff (SS2, LB, MG3) will make it out before the PS4.

I'm thinking of buying KOF95 just to support the idea and eventually get Garou and KOF98...

But they did show KOF96 in a trailer already so maybe i should just wait for that as it actually is one of the better games in the series :p

Decisions, decisions! Help me Fersis! :D

Galdelico

DasRaven said:
However, HURRAY for the increased release frequency! Maybe the best stuff (SS2, LB, MG3) will make it out before the PS4.
Lol, let's hope so. :D

The way european Station works still puzzles me, tho... We got KoF'95 yesterday, so a few weeks after US, but still no Baseball Stars 2. Plus, all those Minis are m.i.a.

Shock Troopers is great, but I will probably end up by getting Word Heroes as well (I really didn't like the lacking emulation in World Heroes Gorgeous for PS2), when they'll pop up on EU Store.

Augemitbutter said:
shock troopers is a good one.

indeed, frantic action with an amazing soundtrack! it's the Contra of Neogeo! :D

but i just started to worry about it, will it be uncensored? Same as Metal Slug, it has some pretty funny brutal death animations :D

Galdelico

Noisepurge said:
but i just started to worry about it, will it be uncensored? Same as Metal Slug, it has some pretty funny brutal death animations :D
All these games have a region-switch in their settings: you can play them with red blood and everything else intact, by selecting japanese language.

Galdelico said:
All these games have a region-switch in their settings: you can play them with red blood and everything else intact, by selecting japanese language.
That's strange to me. These days, Japanese versions of games get censored violence, not the other way around.

SkylineRKR

Shock troopers is quite a shock. Its not the most famous Neo Geo release you would expect on this service but its a really good game.

Perhaps they'll also pump out Ninja Master's and Kabuki Klash out of nowhere.

Galdelico

_dementia said:
That's strange to me. These days, Japanese versions of games get censored violence, not the other way around.
I don't know if it's strictly related, but I noticed the first signs of change after the new rating system (CERO) has been introduced.

There's one thing I'd be really curious to see (about NG Station) when/if they will release Real Bout - Garou Densetsu: the PS2 emulation you can play in Battle Archives Vol.2 has this scene removed even in its japanese version

rbff-ringout2.png

I'd like to see if they could put it in back, nowadays.

Top Bottom