• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoPSO |OT| Unofficial GAF Phantasy Star Online: Blue Burst Server

Anyone happen to know what the recommended and minimum required hardware is for this? Curios if my Asus ultra portable has the horsepower to run this or if I'll only be able to play on my desktop.

I'm running on a 2013 Macbook Air, Intel HD 5000

Runs perfectly fine, hope that helps

Razilez

Online.exe gives me the error 2 message. Launcher.exe has no response at all when I click on start game.

I had the exact same issue, seems it was my antivirus software. I tried configuring the antivirus and it worked on and off but didn't properly solve the problem. I've removed the software and gonna try reinstalling it later

RexNovis

Banned
I had the exact same issue, seems it was my antivirus software. I tried configuring the antivirus and it worked on and off but didn't properly solve the problem. I've removed the software and gonna try reinstalling it later

I use avast. Never had any issues before. What did you do to reconfigure?

Razilez

I use avast. Never had any issues before. What did you do to reconfigure?

I was using Avast as well. First thing I did was disable Avast and then did a fresh install whilst it was disabled then it worked perfectly. Once I exited the game and Avast came back on the error occured again, meaning I had to disable Avast everytime I wanted to play. You can add the files to the exclusion list but I found it didn't really work.

Spades

My new MacBook Pro should be arriving in the next few days. I'm planning on dual-booting it with Windows 10, so as soon as I'm all set up, I'll join you guys for sure.

RexNovis

Banned
I was using Avast as well. First thing I did was disable Avast and then did a fresh install whilst it was disabled then it worked perfectly. Once I exited the game and Avast came back on the error occured again, meaning I had to disable Avast everytime I wanted to play. You can add the files to the exclusion list but I found it didn't really work.

Well that's odd. So I have to disable my antivirus anytime I want to play? That seems unsafe

Edit: yep disabling avast and reinstalling and it works now. How bizarre

Razilez

Well that's odd. So I have to disable my antivirus anytime I want to play. That seems unsafe

Yeah it's not recommended. Trying to find another way around it because it's not the best method to play the game. Don't know if it's just Avast or all antivirus software, but there must be a way of having the software ignore the program. The exclusion list didn't work for me so need to try something else.

Whelp, the game stops responding after the loading screen when I try to join the game after selecting my character. I tried all of the files in the folder and the same thing happens.

Are you using fullscreen? If so try windowed.

Strange. That worked, but I don't like how it's off-center. It cuts off some of the screen. Do you know of any fix?
Edit: I've played the game last year, only difference is I have Windows 10 as opposed to 8.1 and a GTX 970 instead of a 760. Worked fine before in fullscreen.

N.A

Banned
Progress update: All 120+ account requests should now be processed. If I didn't reply please PM me again.

Strange. That worked, but I don't like how it's off-center. It cuts off some of the screen. Do you know of any fix?
Edit: I've played the game last year, only difference is I have Windows 10 as opposed to 8.1 and a GTX 970 instead of a 760. Worked fine before in fullscreen.

Try to launch through online.exe.

RexNovis

Banned
Yeah it's not recommended. Trying to find another way around it because it's not the best method to play the game. Don't know if it's just Avast or all antivirus software, but there must be a way of having the software ignore the program. The exclusion list didn't work for me so need to try something else.

It's probably a gameguard issue. Just add psobb.exe to your antivirus exceptions.

Ok I added the entire folder to my exclusion list and it seems to be working. It looks like Avast thinks PSOBB.exe is a virus and it quarantines it unless told otherwise.

Is there any way to view current FPS?

Jams775

Ok I added the entire folder to my exclusion list and it seems to be working. It looks like Avast thinks PSOBB.exe is a virus and it quarantines it unless told otherwise.

Is there any way to view current FPS?

Yup that kept happening with me too. If you go into the Quarantine chest in the scan section you can right click the exe and select restore and add to exclusion list.

Robin64

Oh I am so in. I've been playing Episode1&2 on my Gamecube, but it's just not the same without any of the online stuff.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I think XP rate adjustment is OK, but drop rates should be left alone (or VERY minor tweaking). There's something special about getting that ultra rare drop and being able to brag about it. This was like, the ultimate game for that back in the day.

RexNovis

Banned
I love the fact that my netbook can run this game with no issues whatsoever! Portable Phantasy Star ep 1&2 (≧∇≦)

Jackano

Tested it. Yep, good old PSO. When I'll be back home it will be better with a X360 pad.
For years I wanted to start fresh again and try a beginners techique. So because I've no honor I scavenged things left behind and got 2-3 better pieces of equipement for my lv.2 RAmar. And 2k mesetas. That's a start.
Also don't tell Leon he left a Trigrinder behind.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
forgot how awesome it is starting a unfunded force ;)

This is why I always roll RAcast first. So much easier to level than a FO at first!

Is there plans to implement account wide storage?

E: Hit 11 this morning before leaving for work. I gotta grind to ULT! I'm assuming we'll get the other extra quests later?

biRdy

Had lots of fun playing this last night, nice to see more people joining the server.
You're doing great work N.A.! Thanks!

Mepsi

Just to give you a heads up, the PSOBB.exe raises a false positive in Avast. Just incase anyone keeps it in silent mode and spends ages wondering why the file won't copy to the game directory =/

N.A

Banned
Just to give you a heads up, the PSOBB.exe raises a false positive in Avast. Just incase anyone keeps it in silent mode and spends ages wondering why the file won't copy to the game directory =/

Will put a note in the OP, thanks!

Stider

Anyone else crashing out? Have made 3 toons so far, HU seems to be working fine, the 2 RA's however, the game crashes on me whenever I try to attack something.

N.A

Banned
Anyone else crashing out? Have made 3 toons so far, HU seems to be working fine, the 2 RA's however, the game crashes on me whenever I try to attack something.

Are you using fullscreen? If so switch to windowed, if not i'll investigate.

Scrawnton

So happy to be playing this again. Would've been nice if Sega out out this same game as a download game on Xbox and PS4. Would be an awesome game.

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
Bit Defender was finicky about it and did have to add exceptions to scan and processes to get it to run but that's normal for PSO. I played for around 5 minutes because I have to get ready to go to work so I will try this out more later.

pso1439214224.png

I was mostly Human characters on SCHTHACK so it's stand to reason I will be the opposite on Neo PSO.

Robin64

Can't decide on what to roll. At all. FO is kinda hard as your first character, so it's between RA and HU, and then between android or not. Love the look of the robot types, but damn, no techs? It sounds brutal.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Ehh...after playing for a bit, I don't know if I can go back to this. I've gotten so used to games with mobility options. Not being able to dodge roll or guard attacks just feels a bit archaic nowadays. Plus the early game in this is really, really rough.

I don't know. Maybe I'll give it another shot, I'm not sure. I mean I do remember getting really far in the SCHTHACK days but I'm not sure if I'm up for that anymore.

Top Bottom