• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoPSO |OT| Unofficial GAF Phantasy Star Online: Blue Burst Server

Kadin

Even back in the day, i always got random IDs and stuck with those, i thought it was sort of fun to have it randomly assigned.
I know it's calculated based on race/class and characters in the name, but why would you want a specific one?
Certain items only drop with specific IDs.

edit: Whoops, didn't realize there was another page which already answered this. Don't mind me, nothing to see here. ;)

Even back in the day, i always got random IDs and stuck with those, i thought it was sort of fun to have it randomly assigned.
I know it's calculated based on race/class and characters in the name, but why would you want a specific one?

It also affects what kind of MAG you can get if you're going for a specific one.

Par Score

so whenever i reconfigure my gamepad controls in game, it defaults back to the original the next time i log in. any fixes?

I had this problem at first, but then it magically went away, and I don't know what I did.

I think it might have something to do with using a gamepad to navigate the main menu, but I can't be sure.

Edit: Section IDs might be the dumbest and most awesome mechanic ever designed. It would just be pure awesome if it wasn't so easy to calculate the result.

Imagine if your loot in other MMOs was tied to some weird maths that were set when you named your character? Just like Race and Penis Length are tied to your Steam account in Rust.

Yeah I finally got reshade sort of working. Definitely not for me. I played around with my own settings, probably should have given the presets a chance, but I just can't live without the reflections and bump mapping. It's too good.
Where can you see reflections/bump mapping with ENB?

Zalusithix

The section ID for my name on the character sheet is wrong. It's actually Purplenum since I added a space after my name changing it from Skyly.

The formula was working. The spreadsheet just didn't have a space after your name. Bad input -> bad output. =) I fixed the input, so all is fine now.

As far as spreadsheets go, I also have something I'm working with that allows quick drop rate look-ups against this server's drop table. Not sure whether I'll make it public though, as any time somebody looks something up, it'd look that up for everybody viewing the sheet. The only practical way would be for everybody to make their own copy. *Shrugs*

Foxix Von

If anyone is curious. Yes. GeDoSaTo does in fact work with PSO BB. The downside is it fights with ENB, and more than likely ReShade as well. Results in constant flickering between the two. Not sure if that's fixable.

Foxix Von

Where can you see reflections/bump mapping with ENB?

I'll see if I can take some more clear screens of the gal gryphon fight. It's VERY notable there.

Here are some others where it stands out, though.

Check here on the ground around the warp teleporter.
FUnLAOb.png

Look at the inner walls of the concrete.
FIn1lts.png

Pretty much all over the friggen place.
0bvH8iF.png

I'll see if I can take some more clear screens of the gal gryphon fight. It's VERY notable there.

Here are some others where it stands out, though.
Neat, thanks. I had not noticed. Didn't play beyond forest with ENB.

It's too bad the lava's not blooming. That's one thing I like in my ReShade config.

yunLqeD.jpg

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
So I used that name generator thingy after I named my humar and got skyly or something.

Cantseeme didn't choose the skyly life, the skyly life chose him.

Foxix Von

Neat, thanks. I had not noticed. Didn't play beyond forest with ENB.

It's too bad the lava's not blooming. That's one thing I like in my ReShade config.

yunLqeD.jpg
Depends on the profile selected. I prefer the Russian preset. IIRC there are others that have more notable lava bloom but I dislike the over saturated look, that and some enable very over aggressive HDR.

Well I did it!!
First time I will play the game.

Had to install the guest additions on Virtual Box

edit: Crap ... could create a character but when I want to connect it crashes -.-

silentbum

Neo Member
Asimov here.

Haven't gotten to play much lately because I've come down with some nasty cold/flu. Hopin' to get more time in today and this weekend.

Frogstep

This sounds like a ton of fun. Haven't played PSO since my high school days and am very much looking forward to reliving some of those fun moments!

Sending OP a PM!

The formula was working. The spreadsheet just didn't have a space after your name. Bad input -> bad output. =) I fixed the input, so all is fine now.

As far as spreadsheets go, I also have something I'm working with that allows quick drop rate look-ups against this server's drop table. Not sure whether I'll make it public though, as any time somebody looks something up, it'd look that up for everybody viewing the sheet. The only practical way would be for everybody to make their own copy. *Shrugs*

Cool, thanks.

Lindsay

Dot Hacked
I'd forgotten just how bad the first Caves mission is. Really as awful as the level itself.

Pro: Introduces the cake sisters which become a mainstay in the PSO/U/P series
Con: Ya gotta go all the way to Caves 3

Making peeps go through almost the entirety of the level is one heck of a bad way ta introduce it to people x.x;

Foxix Von

Post DS4Windows update I still can't get it to work with PSOBB

Yeah DS4 windows works for me with the game but it reaally doesn't like it. As soon as I reboot the game it continues to register as though the right analog is pressing up and left constantly.

Works just fine with the DS4 wired without using the DS4windows program, though. Which is nice. Just don't get the really convenient mouse support :/

Foxix Von

Could I get a link to the ENB you're using? Would like to try it out. :D

This is the one I use: http://schtserv.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=85295&sid=431acc53e3259769d5881a7ee8120901

The instructions are bad, but basically you just copy the contents of either the windowed or fullscreen folder into main the PSO BB directory. I don't use the "enhanced" effect text he uses as I found it looks like shit IMO. What I do instead is use one of the included effect.txt files labeled "vignettee" which I really like. If not using that I'd recommend the FXAA file. Depending on if it works for you or not, open up the .txt file and save it as a .cfg file. That got it to kick on for me. Just plop that in the main PSO directory with the rest of the stuff.

Then you just open the enb configuration tool if using windowed, select which preset you want and which effects you want on, run the pso launcher and bam, there ya go. If you run windowed its cool because you can change the presets on the fly. I personally use the russian preset, with everything turned on. I like the way the motion blur looks most of the time although it can make for shitty screens so sometimes I'll run with it off.

The "GAMA" set looks good if you prefer a more over saturated look. "Human" is in theory awesome as the HDR effect is really intense and gives a lot of "pop" 50% of the time. The other half of the time it's literally unplayable because it's so dark for me. It comes at a great cost of technically accurate colors and it loses too much to aggressive clipping.

edit: whoops double posted. My bad.

FatalT

Banned
I sent N.A. a PM for the download link and an account name/password for me and a friend. I LOVED playing PSO on the Dreamcast! Back in the days of 56K and having to get off so a parent could use the phone, haha.

My first RAmar character is pretty boring to play so I decided to switch it up to melee as a HUcaseal.

What's up with the saber weapon? The recovery frames from that 3 hit combo always leave you open from an attack from an enemy. Is there really nothing you can do about that?

Also, how did all the cool cats on the lobby get avatars on their names?

Jockel

What's up with the saber weapon? The recovery frames from that 3 hit combo always leave you open from an attack from an enemy. Is there really nothing you can do about that?
Use 1-2 hard attacks and open with a normal one, immediately run backwards after your combo. Should get you out of harms way pretty good. Works best with Boomas.
Also, how did all the cool cats on the lobby get avatars on their names?
By joining a Team.

Zalusithix

Eh, I decided to share the drop list sheet. I duplicated the query page 5 times, so people can theoretically use a different page from what somebody else is without overwriting eachother. Worst case basis, save a copy for your own "local" use. The drop table is imported from the link given by N.A. It should theoretically handle updates to those values fine with a refresh of the html import, but if the list gets longer it won't be accurate anymore. (Will require manual tweaking.) Search results sort primarily by item name, and secondarily by drop chance. It's not perfect, but it's a heck of a lot better than Ctrl+F'ing the HTML output.

Link to the drop chance lookup sheet.

Edit: And to be clear, the pages are locked, but the search criteria fields are free. Just click the down arrow and you're good to go.

Kadin

Eh, I decided to share the drop list sheet. I duplicated the query page 5 times, so people can theoretically use a different page from what somebody else is without overwriting eachother. Worst case basis, save a copy for your own "local" use. The drop table is imported from the link given by N.A. It should theoretically handle updates to those values fine with a refresh of the html import, but if the list gets longer it won't be accurate anymore. (Will require manual tweaking.) Search results sort primarily by item name, and secondarily by drop chance. It's not perfect, but it's a heck of a lot better than Ctrl+F'ing the HTML output.

Link to the drop chance lookup sheet.

Edit: And to be clear, the pages are locked, but the search criteria fields are free. Just click the down arrow and you're good to go.
Thanks for all the work you've done. Your improvements have been very helpful.

Zalusithix

Thanks for all the work you've done. Your improvements have been very helpful.

Not a problem. =) I figured I'd want a quick way to access this information in the future, and I was already in spreadsheet tinkering mode from the work I've done on the Star Citizen roster sheet. Might as well make it available to everybody even if it's not exactly ideal - especially if it helps the community.

Also, a tip for anybody not used to validated input fields: In addition to the scroll and click method, you can begin typing what you want and it'll automatically pare down the list and only display the partial matches.

Top Bottom