• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoPSO |OT| Unofficial GAF Phantasy Star Online: Blue Burst Server

xBladeM6x

If you're interesting in having the game look like what I posted below, then just open this .rar, and put all of it's contents in your root PSOBB folder. You're done, everything is already edited, so it should work the moment you start the game.

psobb_2015_08_12_20_48_21_by_xbladem6x-d95fdxz.png

K.Sabot

Wow my mag's stats got completely fucked up by the server...

It used to be 5/49/45/0 Bhirava... was just about to hand it to my Viridia FOmar to make it into a Nidra... (put it in the shared bank and everything)

now it's a 5/45/45/1 Madhu, completely ruined... I even lost 3 levels in the process.

Jackano

I never cared about MAGs that much lol
Too much guidelines to follow, I just feed them with spare items

That ReShade thing looks awesome, will try to install. Thanks guys

Zomba13

If you're interesting in having the game look like what I posted below, then just open this .rar, and put all of it's contents in your root PSOBB folder. You're done, everything is already edited, so it should work the moment you start the game.

Thanks. I want my game to look like that but was too lazy to follow the instructions earlier. This is much easier.

K.Sabot

Well I salvaged the process, went with Diwari instead of Nidra since I'm no longer doing optimal stat route.

All the ships are deaaaaaaaaaaaad!

UrbanRats

So the game doesn't crash for me now (played about a total of 10 minutes, going in all of the areas).

What i did:

Installed the REshade from above (doubt that's it, lol, but it does look very nice now).
Disabled Vsync.
Raised the resolution (still windowed).
Raised to 32bit colors.
Didn't have a gamepad plugged in.

If i had to guess, i'd say it was vsync conflicting with windowed mode? Perhaps.

Also i should say, if i try to start the game in fullscreen (Launcher or Online exe, doesn't matter) the game doesn't even start.
Also, for some reason it won't let me add the Launcher to the DEP, but i did add the Online exe, so whatever, i don't care about playing fullscreen anyway.

Zomba13

So server issues? Guess that was why I couldn't pick up items from the ground for an d eventually disconnected?

Ogni-XR21

Is this heavy on bandwith? I'm running on a metered connection and I want to know if this will destroy my hotspot.

Since this game was originally made for DC with a dial up connection I don't think it will be too demanding. But I'm just guessing here...

Is it possible to do the pipe trick to spawn rare monsters like in the old versions?

idk if it works on BB online, I would like to pop some hildetorrs for frozen shooter

this is important

As others have already stated, piping doesn't work. The monsters are now "held" by the server so they don't actually respawn when you pipe back to an area.

Par Score

Took Normal Falz down first try last night, thanks to the guys who were running with me (Gray), and especially the guy who stuck around even though he thought we were doing Mines (thanks to some unintentionally false party name advertising).

Xane

Oooh, sounds interesting! After SCHTHACK died I thought about quitting PSO entirely. But playing with me NeoGAF buds does sound enticing!

I have a question thought. Does this server differ in anything notably from SCHTHACK?

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
Oooh, sounds interesting! After SCHTHACK died I thought about quitting PSO entirely. But playing with me NeoGAF buds does sound enticing!

I have a question thought. Does this server differ in anything notably from SCHTHACK?
It differs by not having certain changes that SCHTHACK did such as all of the items listed here DONT apply here:
http://www.schtserv.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=28584

The server is only 4 days old give it some time to grow and evolve.

Jackano

ReShade totally crash here at work :(
Will try later at home.

Jumped in a hard mines party and we got Vol Opt. With Dark Falz yesterday, I've now re-beaten all the Ep.1 boss.
Time to redo some leveling in hard quests before trying out Ep.2.

Ceadeus

Gold Member
Hi, as I said very early in this tread, i'm quite interested by playing in this Server. I have no PC but I just ordered à Acer switch 10 from amazon.

Do anyone know if it's going to handle the game?

It's a little convertible laptop using window 8.

It has 2 gig ram and a atom quad core 1.33ghz. Integrated graphic for sure.

Jackano

Hi, as I said very early in this tread, i'm quite interested by playing in this Server. I have no PC but I just ordered à Acer switch 10 from amazon.

Don't know fore sure but probably. Don't forget this game is 10 years old and tech goes fast.

Post your results on how it runs when it arrives if you would. Was wondering how this would fair on a cheap windows tablet+dualshock4\portable pso 😰

Zalusithix

Character sheet should now auto-generate the Section ID for a any name+class. Useful if you want to find somebody with a particular ID. Fairly certain there's no bugs with the logic being used.

Sophia

woot, awesome. Thank you. <3

Conezays

Quite enjoyed the opening bits of Episode 2 I played last night; much more verticality in the environments than Episode 1.

Foxix Von

Here's a link to the "Dark and Gritty" Version of PSO:

http://www.mediafire.com/?meqgqer08d4vh0e

Just extract into the PSO folder, and then run the ENB Config program. Make sure you have fog set to pixel in the actual game settings, too.

Oh.. and turn off the motion blur. Trust me. :)

Yeah I finally got reshade sort of working. Definitely not for me. I played around with my own settings, probably should have given the presets a chance, but I just can't live without the reflections and bump mapping. It's too good.

Kadin

Character sheet should now auto-generate the Section ID for a any name+class. Useful if you want to find somebody with a particular ID. Fairly certain there's no bugs with the logic being used.
Nicely done. It's great to see a lot of fellow Skyly HUmars.

UrbanRats

Even back in the day, i always got random IDs and stuck with those, i thought it was sort of fun to have it randomly assigned.
I know it's calculated based on race/class and characters in the name, but why would you want a specific one?

so whenever i reconfigure my gamepad controls in game, it defaults back to the original the next time i log in. any fixes?

also, as a HUmar, should i worry about getting skyly? i don't mind restarting my character if it's worth it ^_^;

The section ID for my name on the character sheet is wrong. It's actually Purplenum since I added a space after my name changing it from Skyly.

WarRock

Some first impressions!

Wow, this game is hard. Tons to learn about enemy AI and character positioning. The slower pace is similar to the first Phantasy Star Portable, but way more intense with the damage/HP values and constant spawning of enemies.

Killed the Dragon yesterday solo but didn't feel like I learned anything about his patterns, felt more like brute forced it. Best thing was when I decided that a ranged weapon would help except I can't aim for shit and then he just landed on my face for the OHKO. Just went for my daggers.

Freeze traps decidedly saved my ass a couple times.

Not too much to talk about on the story department, but damn, this game is so immersive.

Wowa, Mag feeding is HARD. The Mag tastes each evolution!? What's up with DC era Sega and complex tamagochi games!?

Stop giving me cranes and give me swords, boxes.

This inventory limit is going to kill me.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
Even back in the day, i always got random IDs and stuck with those, i thought it was sort of fun to have it randomly assigned.
I know it's calculated based on race/class and characters in the name, but why would you want a specific one?

The ID's affect loot drops for classes, drop percentages. Personally I've never worried about it, I choose a name because I like it and then simply play the game and have fun. I know a lot of people min/max the shit out of PSO but I've never bothered really. I just enjoy playing the game.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Some first impressions!

Wow, this game is hard. Tons to learn about enemy AI and character positioning. The slower pace is similar to the first Phantasy Star Portable, but way more intense with the damage/HP values and constant spawning of enemies.

Killed the Dragon yesterday solo but didn't feel like I learned anything about his patterns, felt more like brute forced it. Best thing was when I decided that a ranged weapon would help except I can't aim for shit and then he just landed on my face for the OHKO. Just went for my daggers.

Freeze traps decidedly saved my ass a couple times.

Not too much to talk about on the story department, but damn, this game is so immersive.

Wowa, Mag feeding is HARD. The Mag tastes each evolution!? What's up with DC era Sega and complex tamagochi games!?

Stop giving me cranes and give me swords, boxes.

This inventory limit is going to kill me.

Let me help you out with a few quick things:

1. Enemy AI is simple in PSO. They walk towards you and want to kill you. That's about it. They randomly do these weird circles, but they are basically on a mission to reach you. They get faster on each difficulty, and on Ult they get a FEW tweaks. But for the most part, basic enemy AI is "Ima get you!"
  2. The Dragon is easiest with a ranged weapon. Bring him down to the ground, switch to your melee (if you play melee) and go ham on his face. When he goes underground, open your inventory map and use that to avoid him.
  3. The story is subtle but awesome. I suggest reading up on it elsewhere since in game it comes at you in too much of a segmented fashion.
  4. Mags are more intimidating than they look. This is all you need for feeding purposes.
  5. The inventory limit gets a lot less limiting once you learn to stop picking everything up. Once you hit VHard and Ult and are actually hunting gear, you'll only pick up crap that maters. When I was farming Ult back in the day, I always had:

• 3-4 weapons
  • 1 armor
  • 4 units
  • 1 shield
  • 2 mags (my main and the one I was raising for other characters)
  • Dimates
  • Trimates
  • Moon Atomizers
  • Sol atomizers

It can be tiresome if you find more Wands as a Hunter/Ranger or more Swords as a Force, so it's more convenient to have an ID that matches to the class. While I know random ID could encourage trading, it's more of a nuisance as no one really trades regular drops unless it has hit % or special ability. But people do it mostly for the sake of specific rare drops.

Ooccoo

I don't understand temple and spaceship have lots of verticality and are in episode 2...

I'm sorry but Temple is mostly flat and Spaceship too unless you count those few stairs.

If you talk verticality, you are looking at levels like Mountains (CCA) unless I'm not understanding the definition of verticality.

WarRock

[*]The Dragon is easiest with a ranged weapon. Bring him down to the ground, switch to your melee (if you play melee) and go ham on his face. When he goes underground, open your inventory map and use that to avoid him.

[*]The story is subtle but awesome. I suggest reading up on it elsewhere since in game it comes at you in too much of a segmented fashion.
[/LIST]
Ah, wish I knew that earlier. Thanks for the tips =)

I'm enjoying the tiny bits of story so far, but I'm still at the beginning so there's not much to commentate on it. The quest with the reporter wanting to uncover the truth was pretty fun though, it's the sort of simple thing that is not done (or is awfully executed) nowadays.

Top Bottom