• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoPSO |OT| Unofficial GAF Phantasy Star Online: Blue Burst Server

Foxix Von

Shit. I broke something. I was playing around with gedosato and now all of a sudden the game launcher just borks on launch. I've tried deleting and re extracting the zip file, restarting, nothing. All I get is this:
IBGNqxt.png

kejigoto

Banned
nah it's still up, I had just lost my connection right next to a boss warp. I thought it was though

Oh okay lol, scared me for a second. Trying to finish off this show before I jump on and thought that might have cost me my chance to play tonight lol.

umbra

Got my first rare weapon today! Of course it turned into a DB's saber that was worse than the gladius I already had...

SoulUnison

Banned
I got kicked trying to start the Government/Principal Quest, but it looked like we picked up an extra player anyway, so I'm gonna take this time to have a beer and cook some dinner.

I'm determined to actually complete the story on Very Hard for this game, considering how I've loved it for 15 years but I honestly never touched quests and have only a Cliff Notes understanding of the game's plot or context. I'm especially excited to get past Ep I where I can combine quests I've never seen with areas that are still fresh and new to me.

It just seems like it's hard since you can only pick the latest quest that the *least* advanced person in your party has completed up to, and nobody really touches the online Story Mode, or even seems to know/remember that there's a whole seperate quest counter on Pioneer II.

Teknoman

I got kicked trying to start the Government/Principal Quest, but it looked like we picked up an extra player anyway, so I'm gonna take this time to have a beer and cook some dinner.

I'm determined to actually complete the story on Very Hard for this game, considering how I've loved it for 15 years but I honestly never touched quests and have only a Cliff Notes understanding of the game's plot or context. I'm especially excited to get past Ep I where I can combine quests I've never seen with areas that are still fresh and new to me.

It just seems like it's hard since you can only pick the latest quest that the *least* advanced person in your party has completed up to, and nobody really touches the online Story Mode, or even seems to know/remember that there's a whole seperate quest counter on Pioneer II.

So then you're saying that I need to start trying to do story mode stuff online.

Kalentan

I've fallen behind (only lv 35) :( I was doing caves earlier when my display driver crashed. I'm fearing there is an issue with my comp but I haven't been able to get help.

IceIpor

Well we just got our shit stomped in by Falz:(

Fought the good fight though. God we tried. I get one shotted by grants though...

Random screens, because, why not.

Your world is scary. I don't like it.

In other news, loot distribution settings isn't a thing in this server, is it?

Indignate

This is the one I use: http://schtserv.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=85295&sid=431acc53e3259769d5881a7ee8120901

The instructions are bad, but basically you just copy the contents of either the windowed or fullscreen folder into main the PSO BB directory. I don't use the "enhanced" effect text he uses as I found it looks like shit IMO. What I do instead is use one of the included effect.txt files labeled "vignettee" which I really like. If not using that I'd recommend the FXAA file. Depending on if it works for you or not, open up the .txt file and save it as a .cfg file. That got it to kick on for me. Just plop that in the main PSO directory with the rest of the stuff.

Then you just open the enb configuration tool if using windowed, select which preset you want and which effects you want on, run the pso launcher and bam, there ya go. If you run windowed its cool because you can change the presets on the fly. I personally use the russian preset, with everything turned on. I like the way the motion blur looks most of the time although it can make for shitty screens so sometimes I'll run with it off.

The "GAMA" set looks good if you prefer a more over saturated look. "Human" is in theory awesome as the HDR effect is really intense and gives a lot of "pop" 50% of the time. The other half of the time it's literally unplayable because it's so dark for me. It comes at a great cost of technically accurate colors and it loses too much to aggressive clipping.

edit: whoops double posted. My bad.

Thanks for the guide!

Being able to switch immediately between all the presets really helped to showcase the improvements. Vanilla honestly looks lifeless to me now.

N.A

Banned
Eh, I decided to share the drop list sheet. I duplicated the query page 5 times, so people can theoretically use a different page from what somebody else is without overwriting eachother. Worst case basis, save a copy for your own "local" use. The drop table is imported from the link given by N.A. It should theoretically handle updates to those values fine with a refresh of the html import, but if the list gets longer it won't be accurate anymore. (Will require manual tweaking.) Search results sort primarily by item name, and secondarily by drop chance. It's not perfect, but it's a heck of a lot better than Ctrl+F'ing the HTML output.

Link to the drop chance lookup sheet.

Edit: And to be clear, the pages are locked, but the search criteria fields are free. Just click the down arrow and you're good to go.

This is awesome!! Thanks so much!

Zalusithix

This is awesome!! Thanks so much!

Feel free to add it to the main post if you want to.

I can't really think of any other tools or functional additions that anybody would find useful for the sheets, so that'll probably be the end of of the road for me. Now I have to actually get around to playing the game (and be horribly outleveled by everybody lol).

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
I've fallen behind (only lv 35) :(

Fallen behind, LOL, I'm still only a level 6 FOnewm! I've started three characters though, all sub 10, at this point I'm still just poking around having fun remembering stuff. Tonight though I'm planning on spending many hours playing this, hopefully there will be other low level people online tonight!

Chucker

Gonna fall behind, thank you based 2x exp.
My wife went in to labor like an hour after our failed Falz attempt.

No sleep, wooooo!

Zalusithix

Fallen behind, LOL, I'm still only a level 6 FOnewm! I've started three characters though, all sub 10, at this point I'm still just poking around having fun remembering stuff. Tonight though I'm planning on spending many hours playing this, hopefully there will be other low level people online tonight!

I should be on tonight, and my highest character is level 4 I believe. Was just running around re-familiarizing myself with the HU/RA/FO classes and the control scheme. Frankly, I was quite amazed that I ever managed to work with that god-awful camera. Outside of that, it certainly was nostalgic. Funny that how even with the higher resolution, AA, AO, etc, it looks more or less exactly how I remember it back in the day. Nostalgia is a dangerous thing.

At any rate, we're in the same time zone so things should work out as far as that goes. (Still need to add myself into the roster. Was too tired after playing on Wednesday, and I didn't get around to the game yesterday.)

Jackano

In fact I now realize how much I fucked up not to check my ID prior to naming my character :(
Is there any way to get around that?

Zalusithix

In fact I now realize how much I fucked up not to check my ID prior to naming my character :(
Is there any way to get around that?

Recreate your character, or just roll with it. Back before we had all this knowledge, you just went with what you made first and had fun doing it.

clo1_2000

Banned
Hi Guys,

So I have a few thousand meseta in the bank now and want to level a FO user to 10 solo before grouping. What is the best way to do this?

N.A

Banned
Any idea what this notification pop-up means? I've seen it pop up a few times but not sure what causes it. When you click 'Okay' it kills the game.

Happens to me when I press ctrl+alt+delete so I assume it's some kind of loss of focus or graphics error.

Nice to be aboard. This game is so nostalgic for me.

Going to play the crap out of this. Made it to level 16 so far, just beat De La Rol(?) in Caves as a HUmar. I've never played a HUmar class before, so this will be fun.

We still using Discord?

Top Bottom