• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoPSO |OT| Unofficial GAF Phantasy Star Online: Blue Burst Server

Ezalc

HUcast's have the highest Max ATP and ATP growth potential of all classes. Very well suited for melee combat, only thing negative is you'll have to invest in Accuracy, it's a bit meh on a HUcast. I'd recommend the Skly ID for swords, Bluefull (sp?) for partisans.

So then it's better to use the HUmar or HUnewearl?

Daingurse

So then it's better to use the HUmar or HUnewearl?

If you want to be more balanced yes, but if you want to be the very strongest melee there is, then there is only HUcast. HUnewearl's are solo gods and excellent support in a pinch. HUmar's are quite balanced with high ATP, Health, decent Accuracy, and access to techs, which makes them very popular. My current char is a HUmar lol.

I realized i didn't give my guild card to Nemos and Chirico yesterday.
If I encounter you guys again, I owe you a guild card from VMan.

Chucker

The feel of that first rare.
Especially when it's not a Photon Drop.
anKpSQG.png

Voidguts

hey guys, sorry for the ignorant question but I literally haven't touched PSO since the Dreamcast days - my friend and I started playing on NeoPSO earlier today and we jumped straight into the Endless Nightmare #1 (or whatever first quest was available) and we (he) had a lot of trouble. I'm playing ranged so it wasn't much of an issue for me, but my friend who is new to PSO died at least 10+ times, ran out of monomates and had to keep running back. are we meant to solo for a bit at first, did I not pick the right first quest, or do we just need to 'git gud'? it looked like Endless Nightmare #1 was going to end in the dragon boss, forgetting his name ATM.. didn't seem super beginner friendly, to be honest - thank you for any replies!

edit: also thank you N.A for making registration, installation etc. super easy and hosting all of this! super nostalgic for me so far, can't wait to get further~

newman929

Neo Member
hey guys, sorry for the ignorant question but I literally haven't touched PSO since the Dreamcast days - my friend and I started playing on NeoPSO earlier today and we jumped straight into the Endless Nightmare #1 (or whatever first quest was available) and we (he) had a lot of trouble. I'm playing ranged so it wasn't much of an issue for me, but my friend who is new to PSO died at least 10+ times, ran out of monomates and had to keep running back. are we meant to solo for a bit at first, did I not pick the right first quest, or do we just need to 'git gud'? it looked like Endless Nightmare #1 was going to end in the dragon boss, forgetting his name ATM.. didn't seem super beginner friendly, to be honest - thank you for any replies!

edit: also thank you N.A for making registration, installation etc. super easy and hosting all of this! super nostalgic for me so far, can't wait to get further~

The Endless Nightmare quests are not starter quests, it would be hard even for experienced players to go straight to them with a starter mag. I would start out by just going to the teleporter and going to the forest and leveling up there a bit. There is also the story missions in the principals office, but its been so long I cant remember if you can do those in a group, I think that you can now but couldn't originally. Once the forest enemies become pretty easy (blocking most of their attacks) you should be able to handle EN 1.

Sophia

The Endless Nightmare quests are not starter quests, it would be hard even for experienced players to go straight to them with a starter mag. I would start out by just going to the teleporter and going to the forest and leveling up there a bit. There is also the story missions in the principals office, but its been so long I cant remember if you can do those in a group, I think that you can now but couldn't originally. Once the forest enemies become pretty easy (blocking most of their attacks) you should be able to handle EN 1.

In Blue Burst, you actually technically can't do the story quests solo. Selecting the "One Person" option removes all the quests NPCs.

You can of course make a normal group and do them, but any that require you to go beyond Forest can stick you with layouts that are impossible to finish without at least one other person from what I experienced.

Voidguts

The Endless Nightmare quests are not starter quests, it would be hard even for experienced players to go straight to them with a starter mag. I would start out by just going to the teleporter and going to the forest and leveling up there a bit.

You can of course make a normal group and do them, but any that require you to go beyond Forest can stick you with layouts that are impossible to finish without at least one other person from what I experienced.

thank you!

umbra

welp, I decided to jump into episode 2 for the first time but had my game go unresponsive when i tried talking the the weapon shop guy...

just went back and tried again and didn't have any issues, so just a random thing I guess

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel

Yeah, I did Endless Nightmare #1 tonight on my level 8 FOmar, holy crapola that last room was a doozy! I actually managed to do the whole quest without dying once but there were a few times when it came very close. Also had to TP back to Pioneer a few times to stock up on fluids, I'd forgotten how thirsty low level forces can be.

PSO is still so very addicting, wowza.

You and I are basically playing two different games. This is what mine ends up looking like:
What's your hardware? Have you used gfx injectors before? Does ReShade 1.0 work on other games, or screw up similarly? Are you sure you didn't change any settings from this thread (assuming you're using them)? Did you have a similar problem with PSO ENB?

Foxix Von

What's your hardware? Have you used gfx injectors before? Does ReShade 1.0 work on other games, or screw up similarly? Are you sure you didn't change any settings from this thread (assuming you're using them)? Did you have a similar problem with PSO ENB?
Should have clarified, I'm using ENB instead of reshade. I just thought the differences you can are really interesting.

xBladeM6x

You and I are basically playing two different games. This is what mine ends up looking like:
8V8vv21.png

zhy9gc1.png

You're playing Phantasy Star Online: Dark n' Gritty Edition. I'm playing Phantasy Star Online: Colorful n' Futuristic Edition. Lol

I want your HUD. Send it to me. :3

Ugh, guess I should've quit the game normally first before putting a mag in the shared bank.

Sato that was lv 100 went down to lv 95, and it's some mag that it's never been with different stats it never had.

=(

The stats are messed up, but oh well... Sato!

Foxix Von

If anyone's having issues with the fog in the Central Control Area of Ep. 2 lagging things really bad, there's a patch for that:

http://pso.univers-ps.com/bb/skin/telechargement.php5?l=495&t=d

Just unrar that into your PSO folder and you should be good to go.

:( I felt really bad for you. Sorry you were having trouble in CCA. I'm glad you got it figured out though!

Random shots from the night:
QuILFtC.png

ZKaAow6.png

BTTD5dh.png

The gal gryphon area is REALLY cool looking to run around in. He also completely stomped our shit in, lol.

kejigoto

Banned
What are you guys using to do screen shots with? Tried to set it up as a non-Steam game but it only recognizes the launcher and not the game itself. Would love to take some screenshots...

Foxix Von

What are you guys using to do screen shots with? Tried to set it up as a non-Steam game but it only recognizes the launcher and not the game itself. Would love to take some screenshots...
Uhhh. Print screen. It saves to a folder named BMP in the main PSOBB directory.

I then scale them down to 1080 from 1440 to squeeze them into imgur. That and I game on a tv so that's the downsampled resolution I see when I'm playing anyway.

Daingurse

I take them with Afterburner. The OSD works fine on Blue Burst.

kejigoto

Banned
Uhhh. Print screen. It saves to a folder named BMP in the main PSOBB directory.

I then scale them down to 1080 from 1440 to squeeze them into imgur. That and I game on a tv so that's the downsampled resolution I see when I'm playing anyway.

Didn't realize that's where they saved! Thanks!

tg6Lv0z.png

thedan001

Is it possible to do the pipe trick to spawn rare monsters like in the old versions?

idk if it works on BB online, I would like to pop some hildetorrs for frozen shooter

this is important

Can someone please help me with my MAG? and give me some advice

I am a R0mar and have been feeding my MAG monomates until yesterday it evolved into a Kalki I believe.. (now level 8 I think) should I continue to feed it mono mates or now change to something else?

I was feeding it monomates due to them giving me a large amount of power. I have around ~8k meseta if that's of any use in recommending me what to buy.

Thanks to anyone who can help :)

Zelias

Banned
I don't recall piping working on Blue Burst.
It doesn't. Piping only worked offline on GC because the monster spawns were reset when you piped up and down. Online the server keeps the spawns so it doesn't work, and BB is online all the time, so...

If you enable the AO in McFX.cfg AO_METHOD = 3 looks best by far.

Do I have to uncomment the "#" that precedes each line (the line AO_METHOD, in this case) to enable the AO?
No, you have to change the line above that where it says "#define USE_AMBIENTOCCLUSION 0" to 1. And "#define AO_METHOD" to 3.

Read the included documentation.

edit: Can I use ENB and reshade, or do I just use ENB?
One or the other. I strongly recommend ReShade over this ancient, barely configurable ENB which was neat to have, but pales compared to the brand-new ReShade.

Top Bottom