• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoPSO |OT| Unofficial GAF Phantasy Star Online: Blue Burst Server

Fugu

Don't do drugs when you're a HUcast.

I've been playing around with the server software, and rare mobs like Al Rappies have a spawn rate of 0.016%, unless N.A changed the rate. That's incredibly rare. Though if I crank that up to 100%, they spawn without issue. No bug, just horrendous chances of seeing them.

The default chance of encounter is 0.014% in the server software that N.A uses, unless it was changed to something higher.
Good to know. With piping it shouldn't take much effort to test that number.

That gif is quite painful.

EDIT: Piping won't work will it? Oh well. Still not hard.

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
Somewhere else, I believe. EXP Aside I think we're keeping this as close to the old jamz as possible.
N.A actually considered increasing the drop rates but than some players mentioned their dissatisfaction with the Section ID exclusive drops.

So now the consideration/plan seems to be to allow the exclusive drops to drop for everyone else although the Section ID with the specific "exclusive" drop will have a better drop rates than all others on that particular drop.

are blocks automatic?
A 'block' is when you get hit by a monster but your character succeeds at an evade roll (based on your EVP stat) It's basically the equivalent of when you swing at a monster and see 'miss' float off them :3

If you roll the dice once, the likelihood that you hit a 12 is low, but if you roll them 100 times the likelihood of never hitting a 12 is exponentially lower.
if it's a single six-sided dice your chances of rolling a 12 are always zero ;D

Ooh! How on earth do you do this in Blue Burst? I though the original version required multiple controllers to play the dragon or something? :eek:

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
Ooh! How on earth do you do this in Blue Burst? I though the original version required multiple controllers to play the dragon or something? :eek:

Play as Dragon/Sil Dragon:
A controller is REQUIRED and doesn't work on keyboard.

Before your party of 4 people fights the Dragon, two members (same sex!!) should teleport to P2. Once aboard, talk to the FOmarl by the checkroom, she will tell you that she lost her papers on the simulator. Once you are done talking to her, make your way to the Principal's Office. Once inside, go behind the desk where Irene usually is standing and collect the FOmarl's papers. Once you return them to her she will give the 2nd player on the team a secret code. Pipe back down to Forest 2 and find the console in the first room. Enter the code (the person who joined second is the only one who can play as the Dragon) and bring your whole party to the boss portal. Once the Dragon lands and is ready to fight, the second person who joined becomes the Dragon! It's attacks are below. Players who get stomped by this player controlled dragon will be shrunk smaller and smaller

(Control symbols may change based on the controller you are using).
A = Fire/Ice Breath
B = Tail Whip
X = Fly/Dive/Sweep (Press again after you have let out a "war cry" to dive into the ground, the again to plow through your opponents!)
R = Collapse

Blue-kun

Woo, account made, I'm there now. Chara name is Reika~! (because Purplenum, haha), if anyone wants to join for some level 1 Forest fun feel free!

Dragon you're going down >:)

Play as Dragon/Sil Dragon:
A controller is REQUIRED and doesn't work on keyboard.

Before your party of 4 people fights the Dragon, two members (same sex!!) should teleport to P2. Once aboard, talk to the FOmarl by the checkroom, she will tell you that she lost her papers on the simulator. Once you are done talking to her, make your way to the Principal's Office. Once inside, go behind the desk where Irene usually is standing and collect the FOmarl's papers. Once you return them to her she will give the 2nd player on the team a secret code. Pipe back down to Forest 2 and find the console in the first room. Enter the code (the person who joined second is the only one who can play as the Dragon) and bring your whole party to the boss portal. Once the Dragon lands and is ready to fight, the second person who joined becomes the Dragon! It's attacks are below. Players who get stomped by this player controlled dragon will be shrunk smaller and smaller

(Control symbols may change based on the controller you are using).
A = Fire/Ice Breath
B = Tail Whip
X = Fly/Dive/Sweep (Press again after you have let out a "war cry" to dive into the ground, the again to plow through your opponents!)
R = Collapse
Nice! thanks Xion :D

Xion_Stellar

In case anybody is wondering why the same sex genders are required to activate the Dragon it's because opposite genders activities a different Side Quest Line that may yield a neat Reward but until I can test that it works on this server (this particular Side Quest Reward was Unobtainable in SCHTHACK before I quit around 2012 because the last Quest in the quest line was not working properly) I will not be going into specifics.

Somewhere else, I believe. EXP Aside I think we're keeping this as close to the old jamz as possible.

I honestly prefer it to be as close as possible to the original. I think it's a tight and decent enough community that we can just trade without things being too complicated.

Blue-kun

Had to leave for work, but had a nice party with some of the people here already. Got through Forest and a fair bunch of Caves, it's funny how I kept pressing Q to try to center the camera due to PSO2, lol. Kept activating auto-run in the face of enemies at first, but I'm getting used to it once again!

3VaXQKS.jpg

And god, one thing it reminded me of is how like, newly created Forces have it bad. Foie Lv.1 is ungodly slow, the tigers in the Forest just keep circling you and if you're not almost point blank just their walking cycle is enough for the Foie not to get there in time and miss, hahaha.

Rafoie where!

Fugu

Does anyone know if piping is possible in BB?

Had to leave for work, but had a nice party with some of the people here already. Got through Forest and a fair bunch of Caves, it's funny how I kept pressing Q to try to center the camera due to PSO2, lol. Kept activating auto-run in the face of enemies at first, but I'm getting used to it once again!

And god, one thing it reminded me of is how like, newly created Forces have it bad. Foie Lv.1 is ungodly slow, the tigers in the Forest just keep circling you and if you're not almost point blank just their walking cycle is enough for the Foie not to get there in time and miss, hahaha.

Rafoie where!
Use zonde. The damage is slightly worse but you barely have to aim at all.

if it's a single six-sided dice your chances of rolling a 12 are always zero ;D
No dude I saw it happen once I swear. Also, my dad works for Nintendo.

Blue-kun

Piping for rare enemies isn't possible in BB, as far as I'm aware. Not even in One Person Mode.

Also, I'm aware about Zonde, it's just I had JUST started and didn't have the disk yet. So everything kinda had to be hit by Foie, haha. It's still ungodly slow for most things, can't wait til I'm good enough to have a higher Foie and shoot those blazing fast fire balls.

Or Rafoie spam whenever alone, of course. Everyone loves Rafoie spam (except in parties where it cancels out hits and noooo etc.).

Fugu

Piping for rare enemies isn't possible in BB, as far as I'm aware. Not even in One Person Mode.

Also, I'm aware about Zonde, it's just I had JUST started and didn't have the disk yet. So everything kinda had to be hit by Foie, haha. It's still ungodly slow for most things, can't wait til I'm good enough to have a higher Foie and shoot those blazing fast fire balls.

Or Rafoie spam whenever alone, of course. Everyone loves Rafoie spam (except in parties where it cancels out hits and noooo etc.).
Yeah I assumed you knew about zonde, I just had the exact same experience last week and found using foie insufferable against the wolves.

Yeah I remember concluding that piping wasn't possible on scthack but it was so long ago that I figured I would double check before wasting hours of my life trying to spawn a Fancy Rappy the old fashioned way.

Jackano

Still questing.

Now it may be late to ask, but after finishing all main solo quests, they will become available again indefinitely?
That's what I remember. And I always remember that too late when I want to see Montague, I have to complete all quests first.

Also aimed for Visk and got two in my first run! Sadly no % so I plan to continue farming for it. If someone want to trade one, PM me. I don't know what's value of this but I want a little goodie in exhange at least :)

Xion_Stellar

Still questing.

Now it may be late to ask, but after finishing all main solo quests, they will become available again indefinitely?
That's what I remember. And I always remember that too late when I want to see Montague, I have to complete all quests first.

Also aimed for Visk and got two in my first run! Sadly no % so I plan to continue farming for it. If someone want to trade one, PM me. I don't know what's value of this but I want a little goodie in exhange at least :)
They become available indefinitely but the question is do you have to re unlock them each time by difficulty? Because mostly all special Quest Reward are only available on Very Hard and Ultimate difficulty so with that said until someone confirms that the Quests unlocks stay unlock through all difficultys than I'm just going to wait until Very Hard Mode to do them.

SoldatJ

Neo Member
I'm not sure if you guys can see this, but I'm really sorry Muskie and Jockel! my game is frozen because I tried to type something before the "Level Clear" came up. I can't do anything now... Going to have to restart.

Chucker

N.A actually considered increasing the drop rates but than some players mentioned their dissatisfaction with the Section ID exclusive drops.

So now the consideration/plan seems to be to allow the exclusive drops to drop for everyone else although the Section ID with the specific "exclusive" drop will have a better drop rates than all others on that particular drop.

c4jt321.png

if there was voting, I'd vote against this

Jackano

They become available indefinitely but the question is do you have to re unlock them each time by difficulty?

Definitely yes. Because my progression in normal isn't reported in hard atm.

People suggested to unlock all quests but I'm not for it. However reporting the progression is maybe a good balance.

thedan001

I dont understand why some want the droprates to be vanilla, the droprates for some unique weapons is astronomical. I mean, really, we are talking 1/1000 droprate off a rare monster for a specific weapon. There's a few with that drop rate, and some rares that aren't too bad, We are targeting those with absurd droprates

I think most of us aren't asking for rares to rain all over, but at least balance the droprate to compensate for the (very) small playerbase

EDIT: As for the rare drop loot being exlcusive to some ID's. Those should stay, not because for the spirit of fairness, but do you have any idea how much work that will put on N.A? I have alot of free time since I don't work atm, but even you couldn't ask me to go through all the drop tables and adjust accordingly

Zalusithix

EDIT: As for the rare drop loot being exlcusive to some ID's. Those should stay, not because for the spirit of fairness, but do you have any idea how much work that will put on N.A? I have alot of free time since I don't work atm, but even you couldn't ask me to go through all the drop tables and adjust accordingly
If you had to do it by hand, there's only around 60 drops that you'd really want to change; the ones that only drop for a single section ID.

If you wanted to have every item drop for every ID at some non-zero probability, then you'd really want to script it. Going by my uniqueness lookup, there's over 300 items that drop for 9 or less section IDs. (You can look up the number of items that drop for a given number of section IDs on the drop rate sheet.)

thedan001

If you had to do it by hand, there's only around 60 drops that you'd really want to change; the ones that only drop for a single section ID.

If you wanted to have every item drop for every ID at some non-zero probability, then you'd really want to script it. Going by my uniqueness lookup, there's over 300 items that drop for 9 or less section IDs. (You can look up the number of items that drop for a given number of section IDs on the drop rate sheet.)

That's a good method

What about drop/rare mob spawn rate up events? Have them fairly often with a good schedule block for everyone to participate. I know there's feedback for this idea but it will keep the rares coming into the game without being quickly saturated on the server

It's not perfect but I see it as a compromise that doesn't ruin the integrity of PSO

Xion_Stellar

if there was voting, I'd vote against this

I actually agree with you! I rather have increase drop rates instead of harmonizing the exclusive drops because that makes the drop table more convoluted and therefore it makes sniping for a specific drop that much more harder.

Definitely yes. Because my progression in normal isn't reported in hard atm.

People suggested to unlock all quests but I'm not for it. However reporting the progression is maybe a good balance.

Wait I don't get the wording so are you saying that yes your Story Quest Progress was in fact recorded and active while in Hard Mode or are you saying yes the Progress isn't unlock in Hard Mode and you would have to unlock everything all over again?

You dont need to do it know but you will need to do it later to have access to a few specific functions.

Fugu

I dont understand why some want the droprates to be vanilla, the droprates for some unique weapons is astronomical. I mean, really, we are talking 1/1000 droprate off a rare monster for a specific weapon. There's a few with that drop rate, and some rares that aren't too bad, We are targeting those with absurd droprates

I think most of us aren't asking for rares to rain all over, but at least balance the droprate to compensate for the (very) small playerbase

Where do we go to beg for better drop and spawn rates? :/

That's a good method

What about drop/rare mob spawn rate up events? Have them fairly often with a good schedule block for everyone to participate. I know there's feedback for this idea but it will keep the rares coming into the game without being quickly saturated on the server

It's not perfect but I see it as a compromise that doesn't ruin the integrity of PSO

I'm quoting all of these posts because they're the same subject and this is the easiest way I can think of to respond to them all.

First of all, on the broader issue of rates I believe that the closer we stay to 1x the better. While it makes the grind a little bit more painful at the start, it is ultimately the speed at which the game's systems are calibrated and is the best way to ensure the longevity of the server. The "fun" of PSO is, at the end of the day, grinding; if you take the grinding out, people will stop playing. I don't hate 2x (it seems that it's a very popular compromise for a lot of people) but I would very much be opposed to any further increase.

As for downplaying section IDs, I think that this is a more complex problem. Downplaying them entirely -- which isn't something I've seen anyone really advocate for, by the way -- a) takes an interesting element out of the game and b) makes it hard or impossible for people to bias the drops in any way other than by focusing in on specific items. This will invariably make the first... I don't know, 80 or so levels a fair bit more difficult because characters will essentially be getting totally free-for-all-loot.

...But I don't think that's what people are really interested in, and it's more about the high-end loot that is heavily section ID biased or section ID exclusive. Personally, I think NA should just leave this alone -- it'll be a lot of hard work to balance and it won't really benefit too many people because the extremely rare items are extremely rare. There are some items, like the Psycho Wand where a solution is relatively clear (give everyone the Purplenum drop and the item is still ridiculously hard to find), but I think you would have to go item-to-item to avoid making things imbalanced and then you're really changing the game in meaningful ways.

Similar to the experience problem, I don't think it's a good idea to up the rates on rare item drops because we're a decent-sized community and it would be nice to keep the value in these rare items. I'd also like to think that we're a co-operative decent-sized community, so our item-farming efforts are at least somewhat synergistic.

Overall it's probably pretty clear that I'm just generally an advocate of leaving things the way they were, but I'm definitely down to see some events that, say, temporarily increase the incidence of rare mobs because those are really cool. Events are cool. Events that contradict everything I said above are cool explicitly because they are temporary.

Xion_Stellar

Overall it's probably pretty clear that I'm just generally an advocate of leaving things the way they were, but I'm definitely down to see some events that, say, temporarily increase the incidence of rare mobs because those are really cool. Events are cool. Events that contradict everything I said above are cool explicitly because they are temporary.

That's probably the best way to handle this.

Fugu

...I just had to disconnect because I got trapped in a never-ending conversation with a shopkeeper.

Sometimes PSO imitates real life.

Chucker

Quest progress is per difficulty, I confirmed this the other day.

:/

Name and shame IMHO, if it's not GAF kosher then it should have no place.

Yeah, that's wild. I thought we knew better than this.

To the people I was running TTF Hard with this afternoon. Had to drop quick, new baby was waking up, I figured I had at least 30 more minutes. Sorry!

Chain bangin' TTF's on VH, room for 1, right now.

Edit:

I'm still looking to trade some Materials with people. I'm looking for POW mats mainly, willing to trade Evade, Def, and Mind for them at 1:1.

Fugu

If any low level characters want some money, I'm paying 5000 meseta for two stacks of monofluids (that's a 3000 meseta return).

If any low level characters want some money, I'm paying 5000 meseta for two stacks of monofluids (that's a 3000 meseta return).
Sure! :D
Make a game, let me know what it's called and I'll jump in with Sato to give you them.

edit: You were AFK so I went off to feed my mag with HUmarley instead :p

kejigoto

Banned
Seeing everyone's levels now is making me wish I had more time to play and could get a group together lol. Only level 39 and between school and work I just don't have the time to sit down and grind.

Curse the responsibilities of being an adult!

Blue-kun

Juuust got home from work a while ago and joined a room, got a good Normal Ruins run with the people there and had a great time. Even managed to get to 20! The woes of being a Force in the early levels, though. Every couple rooms having to go back and restore the fluids, plus trying desperately to tag stuff to get exp, haha.

It's all good, though, I hope they appreciated the S/D/J/Z support, even if it wasn't incredibly high leveled cause... yeah!

And lol, where's my Glide Divine ;_;. And a Principal's Gift Parasol, too. Only then will I feel like I'm supporting everyone to the best of my abilities. Kondrieu hunting will be something, alright...

Ok, so... I have my Kaitabha mag from my ranger now on my force.
I fed it once and it transformed into Garuda as it should, BUT when I immediately left and came back again it had reverted to Kaitabha, but it had kept the stat change.

So... how do I get it to change? Or do I have to feed it as if it hasn't changed from here on in? :p

Xion_Stellar

Ok, so... I have my Kaitabha mag from my ranger now on my force.
I fed it once and it transformed into Garuda as it should, BUT when I immediately left and came back again it had reverted to Kaitabha, but it had kept the stat change.

So... how do I get it to change? Or do I have to feed it as if it hasn't changed from here on in? :p

They change every 5th level IIRC so if its LV.31 feed it until Lv.35

Raise it to 55 than
Uh-huh, but the point is that the client tells me it changed which means the stat changes I'm seeing are completely incorrect beyond the first feed. This'll make it somewhat difficult to tell what level it really is without fully logging out from the sever every few feeding sessions :p

Having experimented it seems I'll just have to feed it as if it hasn't changed, referring to the Kaitabha feeding table.

I'm glad the patch seems to be tackling this XD

Top Bottom