• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoPSO |OT| Unofficial GAF Phantasy Star Online: Blue Burst Server

Indignate

A mag will change if you feed it within level 50, not just at the level up.

In order to avoid the mag changing between character/class switches, try to get it out of the divisible by 5 levels.

Honestly though, past level 50, feeding mags is less strict as you've gotten the PB that you wanted by this point. Just check the feeding chart for it and adjust.

I have 3 questions:

1. As a HUcast, am I supposed to miss nearly all of my weapon's special attacks? I tried pumping antidotes to my mag but should I even bother? Seems to not work

2. Should one keep track of the amount of stat material items you consume? I have had 1 attack and 5 defense materials consumed so far but I'm not sure if I should write that down or if it's a simple case of doing some math and refering to some guides. Or should I worry about some stat cap that I can reach?

3. Is there a central storage for all of my characters? As a HUcast, I have collected some items that could be useful for other classes.

I think people are confused about the problem here, but now that I've fiddled about enough to understand exactly what the mag sync bug is I may as well explain :3

When I feed my mag at level 50 it's only changing on the client (aka my computer) but on the server it's retaining it's original form. That means when I feed it things the stats on my screen will go up as if it's the form I think it's changed into. HOWEVER when I leave the game and come back the client will ask the server and get the 'correct' values and I'll have a mag that's actually been the original form with the stats it would have from the things I've been feeding it (aka not what the game had been telling me until I logged off)

edit:
I have 3 questions:

1. As a HUcast, am I supposed to miss nearly all of my weapon's special attacks? I tried pumping antidotes to my mag but should I even bother? Seems to not work

2. Should one keep track of the amount of stat material items you consume? I have had 1 attack and 5 defense materials consumed so far but I'm not sure if I should write that down or if it's a simple case of doing some math and refering to some guides. Or should I worry about some stat cap that I can reach?

3. Is there a central storage for all of my characters? As a HUcast, I have collected some items that could be useful for other classes.
1. HUcasts have pretty bad accuracy so you should ideally get some ATA via your mag, materials and the like as well as find weapons with hit on them (you can find it on the 2nd page of the description for weapons along with 'native', 'a.beast' and whatnot :D

2. Yes. You don't have to worry about HP materials though as they're their own thing, but for the main stats of power, mind, defense, evasion and luck it's all under a shared cap, which for HUcast is 150 materials. You cannot take your stats above their maximum but luckily they're listed on the class page here: http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=1184

3. there's a lady behind a booth just outside of the shopping area that lets you access your bank. If you type /bank you can change whether she lets you access your character's bank or your global bank that all your characters can get to.

Teknoman

Seeing everyone's levels now is making me wish I had more time to play and could get a group together lol. Only level 39 and between school and work I just don't have the time to sit down and grind.

Curse the responsibilities of being an adult!

I'm only level 5 -_-

N.A

Banned
Can we chill with offensive names on the server?

Thanks.

PM me with the details please.

I think people are confused about the problem here, but now that I've fiddled about enough to understand exactly what the mag sync bug is I may as well explain :3

When I feed my mag at level 50 it's only changing on the client (aka my computer) but on the server it's retaining it's original form. That means when I feed it things the stats on my screen will go up as if it's the form I think it's changed into. HOWEVER when I leave the game and come back the client will ask the server and get the 'correct' values and I'll have a mag that's actually been the original form with the stats it would have from the things I've been feeding it (aka not what the game had been telling me until I logged off)

Yup, mag desync will continue until the next server update unfortunately. Anyone experiencing it should PM me and i'll sort it.

Yup, mag desync will continue until the next server update unfortunately. Anyone experiencing it should PM me and i'll sort it.
No worries, I think I've managed to circumvent it successfully and now I've hit mag level 55 it seems to have changed to a Garuda mag for realsies :3

Indignate

Hmm, since it's client side, wouldn't that then mean it would appear correct to other people?

Glad to hear that you've got it sorted out. Sorry for misunderstanding earlier.

silentbum

Neo Member
Man, I haven't gotten to play this nearly as much as I would like to be playing it. The few times I did jump on, all rooms were packed or locked, made my own room but no one ended up joining in both times.

What this has actually caused is me jumping between my never-ending single player on the Gamecube as a result. I've been playing that lately but I keep hitting a wall with the hard version of Dark Falz solo, so I might end up jumping back into BB and testing some of my luck with partying again.

This community though, along with NA/SU, has been awesome so far.

N.A

Banned
Man, I haven't gotten to play this nearly as much as I would like to be playing it. The few times I did jump on, all rooms were packed or locked, made my own room but no one ended up joining in both times.

What this has actually caused is me jumping between my never-ending single player on the Gamecube as a result. I've been playing that lately but I keep hitting a wall with the hard version of Dark Falz solo, so I might end up jumping back into BB and testing some of my luck with partying again.

This community though, along with NA/SU, has been awesome so far.

We have an issue with not enough low level characters. Once the major server bugs have been sorted i'm gonna open up the registration to lurkers to try and get the lower level population up.

silentbum

Neo Member
We have an issue with not enough low level characters. Once the major server bugs have been sorted i'm gonna open up the registration to lurkers to try and get the lower level population up.

Ah, that makes a lot of sense. The people I played with the first week have flown on past me, lol. My hope is primarily to make it to some of that Episode 4 content, since I've never been able to play that stuff.

Either way, I'm glad everyone is having so much fun with the game.

silentbum

Neo Member
I think my bigger issue is that my BB character is the same type as my GC offline character, a HUcast. I should've switched it up to begin with but now I'd only be even further behind, lol.

xBladeM6x

Believe it or not, even on servers like Ultima, with 150+ population at peak hours, this is still a problem. Lol.

Teletraan1

Banned
I want to thank N.A for setting this up. I haven't played a PSO since the Dreamcast days and this so far has scratched an itch I didn't realize I had. Not remembering how any of this worked getting back into it has been tough. The information out there like usual operates as if you know what the hell is going on so it has taken a little while to figure it out. I probably screwed up my mag but I am having a blast doing so.

Blue-kun

By the way, guys, if anyone comes across Mind Mats that they're not using or would rather trade for any other mats, please drop me a line. I'm saving all Power/HP ones I got so far and I'd love to get rid of them in exchange for Mind Mats.

Being a FOney at low levels is hard and any MST I get is helpful when using techs, haha.

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
Don't worry about that too much that's normal since you aren't guarantee a room spot or that other players will join your room. Even in SCHTHACK's Prime Years (2008-2011) when we had 400-200 players at any giving time this still happened.

By the way, guys, if anyone comes across Mind Mats that they're not using or would rather trade for any other mats, please drop me a line. I'm saving all Power/HP ones I got so far and I'd love to get rid of them in exchange for Mind Mats.

Being a FOney at low levels is hard and any MST I get is helpful when using techs, haha.

Yes, yes and YESSSSSSSSSSS. I have i think 4-5 Mind mats, and I'm looking for Power Mats. Let me know when you're online.

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
Yes, yes and YESSSSSSSSSSS. I have i think 4-5 Mind mats, and I'm looking for Power Mats. Let me know when you're online.
This brings up a good point and while it's not a necessity now we are going to need some sort of trading topic instead of flooding this one with trade request.

Blue-kun

I am online right now, the issue is that I posted this kind of prematurely, as I only have 1 POW, 2 HP right now! hahaha. But I'm slaughtering rappies as we speak, and it's bound to drop more of them, so in a few hours I'll (hopefully) get back in touch. If nothing else, at least it's 1 POW mat, lol.

Zalusithix

This brings up a good point and while it's not a necessity now we are going to need some sort of trading topic instead of flooding this one with trade request.

Technically it could also be handled with another spreadsheet. Even something as simple as a Name/Looking For/Have for trade column setup would accomplish it as well as a dedicated thread. More concise, easily searchable, and wouldn't require new posts on every update.

Of course, it could be far more advanced than that, but even something that basic would do the trick.

LaneDS

Been playing with my brother the last few nights and we're both having fun with it. I had played pretty much every version for hundreds of hours, and he's never tried it before, so it's cool to see two people from very different exposure levels coming to the game and still finding enjoyment in it.

Question: can you lower the volume somehow? Game is super loud and I haven't seen an option to change that setting anywhere.

Thank you N.A. for hosting this... really cool gesture on your part!

Iokis

Just want to say I've been having a ton of fun reliving the game, I sunk a ton of hours into the GC version.

Also I never thought I would ever actually play the game online, haha. Couldn't afford the sub back in the day (or a GC adapter) and just played splitscreen with my friends. Never thought that more than 10 years later I would finally get the chance to play it as intended!

Big thanks to N.A for not only hosting the server for free but being very prompt and courteous when I had to PM him about a MAG desync.

My HUcaseal isn't even lv 30 yet but I already want to roll a FOrce of some kind too. Maybe if I see there are lobbies for new characters instead of around my level I'll jump in with an alt instead.

Question: can you lower the volume somehow? Game is super loud and I haven't seen an option to change that setting anywhere.

Thank you N.A. for hosting this... really cool gesture on your part!

I had to bring it down in windows mixer, all the way to 5-10, just so I can hear my buds on TeamSpeak. This game is incredibly loud.

xBladeM6x

gjfhhfhfg_by_xbladem6x-d966fqk.gif

Fugu

Sure! :D
Make a game, let me know what it's called and I'll jump in with Sato to give you them.

edit: You were AFK so I went off to feed my mag with HUmarley instead :p
My bad! Real life stuff happened!

I'm still offering this:

If any low level characters want some money, I'm paying 5000 meseta for two stacks of monofluids (that's a 3000 meseta return).

Post in the thread or PM me if you're interested.

Xion_Stellar

so, if I wanted to refer a friend, how would I go about that
Tell friend to make a Gaf account->Have friend PM N.A With the relevant registration information.

As N.A recently stated we are not in the position to open the server registration to the public/non gaffers yet.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
Man, I haven't gotten to play this nearly as much as I would like to be playing it.

Yeah, me either. I didn't get to play at all this weekend and I really wanted to. My FOnewm is still level 8, lol.

I'm still low level! If I have to level up alone to "catch up" to everyone else then I will, it just may take me some time until summer is over.

N.A

Banned
Actually gaffers can refer friends as long as they will be responsible for them. I've set up quite a few accounts for people this way. Anyone who wants accounts for friends/relatives just PM me their desired details.

Open registration will be just an automated form. Sign up and go :)

I've done a bit of work on the backend for this over the last couple of days (thanks to Zalusithix and a couple of non-gaffers who helped me work out the password hashing) so once the two major bugs are fixed by the server devs (mag desyncs and bank disconnects) we'll be pretty much good to go.

Xion_Stellar

Well there you go Shadow as long as you look after your friend your good to go.

Hi. Looking for a rare sword or partisan of some sort. I have a DBs saber, Club of Laconium, and Rappy Wing for trade

:)

name on the server is Rowsdower

thedan001

I have about 15 Mind Materials I would like to trade for any other Materials

I was saving them for my FO, but my main character comes first

I know you are out of supply, just hit me up whenever you are ready to trade, I will be saving them still, plus even more

Zalusithix

Yeah, me either. I didn't get to play at all this weekend and I really wanted to. My FOnewm is still level 8, lol.

I'm still low level! If I have to level up alone to "catch up" to everyone else then I will, it just may take me some time until summer is over.

The experience rate makes leveling rather painless.

Personally, I haven't joined any public games as I haven't decided on what I want to play. I've been rotating between my HU, RA, and FO aimlessly.

The vast majority of my hours in PSO proper were logged on a HUmar (500+), so my HUnewearl is closest to the style of play that I remember. I also had near 200 logged on a FOmarl, so my FOnewearl isn't exactly a new experience either. Never did much with the rangers or casts, so my RAcaseal is a change of pace. I miss not having techs though, and only having rifles/hand guns makes for a boring start.

Delicate force, tanky techless ranger, or a balanced hunter. Decisions, decisions... I'm leaning slightly towards going the force route currently as selecting the correct element for a given enemy type, and correct variant for the situation is more involved than simply equipping the correct weapon for a level. Still, I get a strange nagging feeling for ignoring rangers and casts.

Blue-kun

It does get better later on for Rangers, where it's not just the weapons as much as it's the specials you'll be using, like Charge or Demon's (was that was it was called? the one that reduces max HP) etc., though I see what you mean, haha.

As for the mats -- didn't go as well as expected, ended up with just 2 POW mats and 1 DEF one. Got a couple HPs too but decided against trading those right now considering how 1 HP can make all the difference in the world when facing stuff like ~FALZ~, haha.

Also! Got my first rare. An amazingly great oh my god.... Booma's Right Arm! The thrill of seeing a red box made the experience a lot more enjoyable than it actually was, haha. Oh, and by the way, though I guess I don't have much of a trade bait right now, if anyone finds a Rafoie Disk 10+ or so I'm also always on the lookout for that, right now. Can't be a Force without spamming Rafoie, as we all know, and the faster I can do it, the better.

thedan001

I know we need a trade forum, I'm posting some good haul of common rares I found yesterday while grinding to lv100

DB's Shield
Zalure Lv27 Tech Disk
2x Yamato with 40/40/0/0/0 and 0/35/25/0/0
2x Guilty Light 0/50/0/0/0 and 0/40/0/40/0
H&S25 Justice 30/0/30/0/40
L&K Combat 40/0/0/40/0
Mace of Adaman
Flowen's Sword 0/35/0/0/0 (9 star replica version)
Demon's Arms with 50% hit

enemy parts:
booma's right arm x2
gobooma's right arm
grass assassin's arms
hildebear's head

I raged when I accidently tek'd a 30% hit charge vulcan instead of 50% hit (it was at 40%) and npc'd that pos

EDIT: I see alot of rafoie's lv10-12 in ultimate forest, I'll be sure to pick up those since I forgot that spell is top tier spam spell for FO's

Same goes for me. Between work and taking care of home responsibilities, I'm a super casual player compared to the higher levels. I have a lvl 20ish RAcast and a lvl 10 HUnewearl. And a lvl 1 FOnewm that I created but haven't even started playing.

Long story short, I have a feeling that I'll be part of the low level community for a while lol

Par Score

Not gonna be on much this week (might squeeze in a little Mag feeding because I Just. Can't. Stop.), but I've really been loving this trip down memory lane so far.

Continued massive props to N.A for doing this!

Xion_Stellar

Yea I was going by the referral thing in the OP

EDIT: Just texted my friend, we are going to have a saturday where he comes over and we just binge like we did in the gamecube split screen days
That reminds of something....

N.A can we run 2 separate Windows of this version of PSO BB at once? I'm just curious because in the distant future some of us might make a 2nd account for more character/section IDs and that would make trading between accounts easier.

From my experience this was allowed on SCHTHACK before it was disabled as an anti cheating method...or at least that's the excuse they used at the time.

N.A

Banned
Congratulations to Muskie and Mythrilok (Muskieratboi and xBladeM6x here on GAF) for becoming the first two GMs. There will be more coming soon.

Also a big thanks to everyone who has sent me nice messages here and through PM. I haven't had time to reply to them all but it was really nice to read all the goodwill.

N.A can we run 2 separate Windows of this version of PSO BB at once? I'm just curious because in the distant future some of us might make a 2nd account for more character/section IDs and that would make trading between accounts easier.

From my experience this was allowed on SCHTHACK before it was disabled as an anti cheating method...or at least that's the excuse they used at the time.

Yup I do it alot to test stuff, it works fine.

I was actually figuring it would work, but wasn't too worried about it. I have 4 PCs in my house, I was going to put my friend on the other one.

Jackano

Pretty sure I've hunted a bit alongside Mythrilok, not sure about Muskie, sorry if so I don't have that a good memory :) Congrats!
Hope the server have a good life ahead and a new batch of players arrives.

And I will go for more soon!

thedan001

Congratulations to Muskie and Mythrilok (Muskieratboi and xBladeM6x here on GAF) for becoming the first two GMs. There will be more coming soon.

Grats you two, this should help N.A out with bank desync item restores if N.A gives /item commands

Zalusithix

As far as trading goes, official forum / trade thread aside, how do you think something like this would work? https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1iBoFplxaeYD9Ej0RTjnOZjuF6lgzWwrYmqvwjAGa1kc/edit?usp=sharing

Easy enough to edit your details into. Quite easy to apply private filter views to for sorting, and can even create queries against it (though subject to the same sort of shared view limitation that the drop sheet has.) Contact can be made via PMs on GAF to sort things out, and when complete, the trade action can be marked as completed.

Edit: Note this is more or less proof of concept level stuff without a ton of thought put into stat fields etc.
Edit2: Also, while the data validation will complain if you enter something in the item field that's not a unique, it will allow it just the same.

Top Bottom