• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoPSO |OT| Unofficial GAF Phantasy Star Online: Blue Burst Server

N.A

Banned
As far as trading goes, official forum / trade thread aside, how do you think something like this would work? https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1iBoFplxaeYD9Ej0RTjnOZjuF6lgzWwrYmqvwjAGa1kc/edit?usp=sharing

Easy enough to edit your details into. Quite easy to apply private filter views to for sorting, and can even create queries against it (though subject to the same sort of shared view limitation that the drop sheet has.) Contact can be made via PMs on GAF to sort things out, and when complete, the trade action can be marked as completed.

Edit: Note this is more or less proof of concept level stuff without a ton of thought put into stat fields etc.

This is awesome! Your ability in google spreadsheets continues to amaze me :O Will add to the OP.

Zalusithix

This is awesome! Your ability in google spreadsheets continues to amaze me :O Will add to the OP.

It's rather basic right now with only a single test filter put in place. I just didn't want to bother fleshing it out further without first fielding a proof of concept. If it's going to be actually used, I'll add in the query pages, data filters and the likes to make it more useful later on when I have time. It'll still be subject to the limitations of a shared spreadsheet (ideally would have a full database to work with), but it's better than nothing.

It's rather basic right now with only a single test filter put in place. I just didn't want to bother fleshing it out further without first fielding a proof of concept. If it's going to be actually used, I'll add in the query pages, data filters and the likes to make it more useful later on when I have time. It'll still be subject to the limitations of a shared spreadsheet (ideally would have a full database to work with), but it's better than nothing.

Still an awesome idea. I tell you what - Data Validation is pretty much the coolest thing ever. Makes these kinds of things so good. I remember making a damage calculator for PSZero back in the day on Google Sheets using this kind of stuff.

Suggestion - should you add an "Amt (optional)" column, for things such as grinders/materials/Photon Drops/Photon Crystals?

Zalusithix

Still an awesome idea. I tell you what - Data Validation is pretty much the coolest thing ever. Makes these kinds of things so good. I remember making a damage calculator for PSZero back in the day on Google Sheets using this kind of stuff.

Suggestion - should you add an "Amt (optional)" column, for things such as grinders/materials/Photon Drops/Photon Crystals?

Speaking of validation, something glitched and only about half the drop list got copied over. It's now the full drop list, so there should be a lot less "invalid" data. Probably should add in the non-dropped items as well, though I'd have to compile those manually.

As far as the quantity column goes, thanks for reminding me. It was in my head, but never made it to the sheet. Easy enough to add.

Data filters will be built up as the requisite information to actually filter begins to exist. Right now it allows sorting by GAF name and Items wanted and Items giving and items trading. More advanced queries will be eventually be possible, but I'm still working out in my head how to best do it.

The drop database doesn't have details of what a drop is, so being able to query something like "all guns with over 30% dark being offered" is rather impossible as it stands. This is compounded by the fact that the validation list itself can be overridden. As of right now, I'd only be able to offer a "all items with over 30% dark being offered" query and leave it to the user to figure out what they can actually use. I suppose I could add in a manual field for the user to specify what generic type the item is when they list it. The fun of working with a partial data set.

Edit: Added the quantity column and added a weapon type column. Both optional. (Though lets be honest here - I can't force anybody to enter anything, so effectively everything is optional. =P)

trixx

Been having a lot of fun with this level 12 and manages to solo dragon, also some very nice people helped me with cave.

Anyone have a guide on what I should be doing?

Also thanks a lot for the server N.A, appreciate it

Question: is some boxes, especially rare boxes, being empty a normal thing? I don't remember that being in PSO originally.

Been having a lot of fun with this level 12 and manages to solo dragon, also some very nice people helped me with cave.

Anyone have a guide on what I should be doing?

Also thanks a lot for the server N.A, appreciate it
Depends if you want to be optimal or just have fun :p
If you want to be super hyper optimal you get someone to run you through the 'To the future' quests for hyper XP. If you just want to enjoy yourself I tend to just do runs from forest through to ruins, or alternatively you can do the principal quests :3

Speaking of validation, something glitched and only about half the drop list got copied over. It's now the full drop list, so there should be a lot less "invalid" data. Probably should add in the non-dropped items as well, though I'd have to compile those manually.

As far as the quantity column goes, thanks for reminding me. It was in my head, but never made it to the sheet. Easy enough to add.

Data filters will be built up as the requisite information to actually filter. Right now it allows sorting by GAF name and Items wanted and Items giving and items trading. More advanced queries will be eventually be possible, but I'm still working out in my head how to best do it.

The drop database doesn't have details of what a drop is, so being able to query something like "all guns with over 30% dark being offered" is rather impossible as it stands. This is compounded by the fact that the validation list itself can be overridden. As of right now, I'd only be able to offer a "all items with over 30% dark being offered" query and leave it to the user to figure out what they can actually use. I suppose I could add in a manual field for the user to specify what generic type the item is when they list it. The fun of working with a partial data set.

I really wish Google Sheets was a little closer to Excel when it comes to features. You'd probably really benefit from Indirect Validation with the things you're trying to do.

trixx

Question: is some boxes, especially rare boxes, being empty a normal thing? I don't remember that being in PSO originally.

Depends if you want to be optimal or just have fun :p
If you want to be super hyper optimal you get someone to run you through the 'To the future' quests for hyper XP. If you just want to enjoy yourself I tend to just do runs from forest through to ruins, or alternatively you can do the principal quests :3

principal quests don't give anything right? Also where do I find the "To the future" quest?

principal quests don't give anything right?
They give a decent amount of money and they unlock some tiers of the single player missions too. In the original PSOBB you actually needed to do them to access different levels (caves, mines and ruins) but thankfully they're unlocked already in NeoPSO :p

My daughter and I just played with Killer BB and another nice NeoGAFer. She's still learning to play so thanks for all the patience (and rezz's).

LaneDS

principal quests don't give anything right? Also where do I find the "To the future" quest?

I did all the 1-X quests with my brother, who was the host, and he got a sword+5 at the end of the dragon quest whereas I got nothing. They always say "here's your reward!" and aside from that moment we've both wondered if you get anything.

SoldatJ

Neo Member
My PSO dreams have come true!!! I think our overlord Sonic-sama and his lackeys blessed me!!!

DTBF66G.png

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
Pretty upset to see that HUmarley is damn level 87 now.

lol I just played a session with him and he's also using a Varista or a Last Survivor

lol I just played a session with him and he's also using a Varista or a Last Survivor

Yeah, MAXTE hooked me up with a Last Survivor, it's better than what I was using but a fair bit.

Also, just lemme know if you need help, I don't mind helping out other people. I spend half my time helping newer players and people lower levels doing TTF rushes for them and stuff.

FatalT

Banned
Yeah, MAXTE hooked me up with a Last Survivor, it's better than what I was using but a fair bit.

Also, just lemme know if you need help, I don't mind helping out other people. I spend half my time helping newer players and people lower levels doing TTF rushes for them and stuff.

That's a huge help. I've figured the biggest hurdle to being able to take on the higher difficulties and areas isn't so much your level but your weapon. I've hit a roadblock because I'm using a CRUSH BULLET shotgun which is about the same damage as an Arms shotgun and my highest damage single-target weapon is the Laser rifle. I tried exploring the Ruins a bit on Very Hard to see if I could find a better weapon but can't really do much damage to the monsters to get past the first two rooms.

EDIT: Pumping the ole MAG with ATP is beneficial as well but still, a better weapon would be aces.

thedan001

SyHQAnml.png

Took maybe 20-30 hard mode EP.2 temple Barba Ray runs for this baby to drop

Of course, it's all 0%'s!

I used the TTF version in EP2 to farm first boss btw

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
SyHQAnml.png

Took maybe 20-30 hard mode EP.2 temple Barba Ray runs for this baby to drop

Of course, it's all 0%'s!

I used the TTF version in EP2 to farm first boss btw

Congratulations! Although personally I wouldn't waste time farming that since that's a Quest Reward you can recieve with 50% Hit (Assuming it works on this server since I'm not far enough to test that yet).

Xion_Stellar

There's a quest reward? I know there is a quest that adds %'s to your weapon tho

Well I'm not going into details because it's untested so I don't want to give false information/hope but you didn't completely waste your time since you would have to complete the specific quest I'm referring to in Ultimate Mode so if anything you go that Weapon early but for me at least the fact that you can obtain a better version for doing one quest in the future immediately puts the items in things I shouldn't farm in my book.

The Quest you are referring to only adds Hit % to Weapons made from Monster Parts and it's not cheap either.

thedan001

Well I'm not going into details because it's untested so I don't want to give false information/hope but you didn't completely waste your time since you would have to complete the specific quest I'm referring to in Ultimate Mode so if anything you go that Weapon early but for me at least the fact that you can obtain a better version for doing one quest in the future immediately puts the items in things I shouldn't farm in my book.

The Quest you are referring to only adds Hit % to Weapons made from Monster Parts and it's not cheap either.

Good to know, thanks

So that question seems to have gone unnoticed but... was empty 'rare' crates a thing in old PSO? It seems kind of odd to get past the traps, switches and whatnot to break one open and get absolutely nothing and I don't recall that being a thing back in ye olde days :eek:

Xion_Stellar

So that question seems to have gone unnoticed but... was empty 'rare' crates a thing in old PSO? It seems kind of odd to get past the traps, switches and whatnot to break one open and get absolutely nothing and I don't recall that being a thing back in ye olde days :eek:

You haven't sacrificed enough Rappys to the RNGod have you?

To answer your question yes that's normal it's been like that since V.1

I think they were used as placeholders for other rare items that were maybe supposed to be added later. Could be wrong on that.

So I was advising someone to make sure they bank their meseta when someone pointed out that BB changed the death penalty from losing half the meseta you were carrying to something else. Curious, I looked it up and apparently on the normal BB the death penalty was now losing experience points(along with the usual 5% sync loss on your mag) :eek:
Not tested it on Neo PSO but assuming we're fairly vanilla I guess banking your money isn't as essential as it used to be, but those powerlevelling might want to be a bit more careful :p

Those were some fun TTF runs, Marley/Chucker/Frosty.

So good to finally get Gria over the level 50 hump.

I would have kept going, but I was too tired, and was falling asleep.

But, thanks for joining.

---

NeoPSO: I need some help. I was on the Wiki, and I was looking at God/Arm drop rates. Apparently, the drop rate for Skyly is great on Hildeblue''s. Apparently, there's a quest where I can fight one, but I can't seem to find it. It's called "Forest of Sorrow".

thedan001

I would have kept going, but I was too tired, and was falling asleep.

But, thanks for joining.

---

NeoPSO: I need some help. I was on the Wiki, and I was looking at God/Arm drop rates. Apparently, the drop rate for Skyly is great on Hildeblue''s. Apparently, there's a quest where I can fight one, but I can't seem to find it. It's called "Forest of Sorrow".

I think that quest is only recommended for spamming until a hildeblue spawns instead of a regular hildebear since that quest has a high count of pops

chance for a hildeblue spawning is 1/500 something, cheers

xBladeM6x

Random little thing, but I replaced the client lobby files of Lobby-01, with the files of Lobby-05, Lobby-10, and even Lobby-11 (Ep1/2 Lobby), and it made the default lobby look just like them. It's really nice. Lol

Follow these steps.

• Go to your root PSO folder.
  • Open the "data" folder.
  • Open the "scene" folder.
  • Download this.
  • Copy and paste the contents of any of those numbered "Lobby-xx (x)" folders into the "scene" folder, and it should be replaced. (if you want to revert to default, drag the contents of "lobbies backup" folder into the "scene" folder and replace)

Jackano

I think that quest is only recommended for spamming until a hildeblue spawns instead of a regular hildebear since that quest has a high count of pops

chance for a hildeblue spawning is 1/500 something, cheers

Yeah I read yesterday rare enemies were 1/512 exactly.
Even so Forest of Sorrow have 16 hildebears. That's 32 runs to spawn one if you are averagely lucky!

Random little thing, but I replaced the client lobby files of Lobby-01, with the files of Lobby-05, Lobby-10, and even Lobby-11 (Ep1/2 Lobby), and it made the default lobby look just like them. It's really nice. Lol

The lobbies all have distinct looks? Pretty cool.

Can you show us how you did that?

xBladeM6x

The lobbies all have distinct looks? Pretty cool.

Can you show us how you did that?

Follow these steps.

• Download this.
  • Copy and paste the contents of any of those numbered "Lobby-xx (x)" folders into the "scene" folder, and it should be replaced. (if you want to revert to default, drag the contents of "lobbies backup" folder into the "scene" folder and replace)

Indignate

Follow these steps.

• Download this.

Say I know I like Lobby 5 and would like that as my default. Could I just rename all the lobby 5 files to 1 and switch 1 over to 5? In theory this should work right? Can't check right now.

xBladeM6x

Say I know I like Lobby 5 and would like that as my default. Could I just rename all the lobby 5 files to 1 and switch 1 over to 5? In theory this should work right? Can't check right now.

Yes, but the method of downloading mine just makes it easy for people who want to drag and drop. :p

Top Bottom