• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NES Classics Volume 2: Only 4 games?

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
Fucking release Simon's Quest. DO IT.

With any luck that's just a partial list. Also with any luck Metroid and Castlevania will include the save system from the FDS versions. HAHAHAH YEAH RIGHT WHOO HAD MYSELF GOING THERE

jarrod

Banned
Booo!! Guess all those unsold copies of Bomberman, Xevious and ExciteBike made Nintendo cut back.... but I still want Kid Icarus! :(

jarrod said:
Booo!! Guess all those unsold copies of Bomberman, Xevious and ExciteBike made Nintendo cut back.... but I still want Kid Icarus! :(
Were there really a lot of unsold copies? I figured they just released them in smaller quantities.

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
Kobun Heat said:
Were there really a lot of unsold copies? I figured they just released them in smaller quantities.
Of Bomberman, Xevious and Excite Bike. I've been selling the others personally.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Isn't Castlevania/Metroid part of Famicom Mini 3? Those games have already been dumped too...

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
I thought I was the only one who wanted a new Faxanadu. And a new Legacy of the Wizard... Falcom can have my babies :p

Well damn. This is a major letdown. Nintendo is just going to skip on most of the Series 2 and add in a few from the Disk collection? Whatever. The only one I'll be buying here is Castlevania.

rawk

The Wario Ware unlockable is Dr. Wario, a Dr. Mario clone. You can get what is pretty much an exact port of Dr. Mario on the Gamecube Preview disc from last summer, though.

Zenny

Banned
Seems like a cop out.

They're only releasing the same Japanese roms that were localized for western markets.

Mrbob

Nintendo always is one for confusion.

3/4 of this list are games you can find as extras included with other games. I may buy Castlevania though....

Swordian

Zenny said:
Seems like a cop out.

They're only releasing the same Japanese roms that were localized for western markets.

No, they're only releasing a few of the same Japanese roms that were localized for western markets. Where's my Kid Icarus?

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Balloon Fight and Kid Icarus were the ones I really wanted. I have Dr. Mario for the GB and on Wario Ware, I have Metroid on Metroid: Zero Mission and I have Zelda II on the GameCube bonus disc. I might check out Castlevania though, that's a definite possibility.

jarrod

Banned
I'll oly be picking up Castlevania and Zelda II, given I've already got the others on GBA in some form. Kid Icarus, Adventure Island and maybe a few JP only games (Mario 2, Goemon and Nazo no Murasame specifically) would've been nice though.... hopefully NOA's planning a "Classic NES Series 3" next spring...

MattCoz

NO KID ICARUS?!!

Btw, releasing Metroid is pretty stupid, it already comes with Zero Mission for only $10 more.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
MattCoz said:
NO KID ICARUS?!!

Btw, releasing Metroid is pretty stupid, it already comes with Zero Mission for only $10 more.

it is Zero Mission!!

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
I'll be getting Castlevania.

You guys could just import Kid Icarus, you know. Sure it will be a little more expensive, but not by nearly as much as other import GBA games.

Blackace

MetatronM said:
I'll be getting Castlevania.

You guys could just import Kid Icarus, you know. Sure it will be a little more expensive, but not by nearly as much as other import GBA games.

I got it for my birthday!!! take about a serious flash back.... 5 in the morning summer break (from my work got it) and playing castlevania... brings me right back to 1987

jarrod

Banned
So, all the installments we won't be getting...

-Famicom Mini Vol. 08: Mappy
-Famicom Mini Vol. 10: Star Soldier
-Famicom Mini Vol. 11: Mario Brothers
-Famicom Mini Vol. 12: Clu Clu Land
-Famicom Mini Vol. 13: Balloon Fight
-Famicom Mini Vol. 14: Wrecking Crew
-Famicom Mini Vol. 16: Dig Dug
-Famicom Mini Vol. 17: Takahashi Meijin no Bouken Shima (Adventure Island)
-Famicom Mini Vol. 18: Makaimura (Ghosts'n'Goblins)
-Famicom Mini Vol. 19: Twinbee
-Famicom Mini Vol. 20: Ganbare Goemon! Karakuri Douchuu
-Famicom Mini Vol. 21: Super Mario Bros. 2 (The Lost Levels)
-Famicom Mini Vol. 22: Nazo no Murasame
-Famicom Mini Vol. 24: Hikari Shinwa: Palutena no Kagame (Kid Icarus)
-Famicom Mini Vol. 26: Shin Onigashima
-Famicom Mini Vol. 27: Tantei Kurabu: Kieta Koukeisha
-Famicom Mini Vol. 28: Tantei Kurabu II: Ushiro ni Tatsu Shoujo
-Famicom Mini Vol. 30: SD Gundam World Gachapon Senshi: Scramble Wars

...hopefully there'll be a Series 3 here, but I'm sorta doubting it. :/

Sp3eD

0G M3mbeR
If Pit would have been a character in Smash Brothers Melee, then Kid Icarus would have been a series 1 game. How else do you explain the horrible, unresponsive, clunky, pile of trash Ice Climbers getting a series 1 release (let alone a release at ALL)?

I blame SSB:M for this.

jarrod

Banned
Yeah... out of NES Series 1 only Mario, Zelda, Excitebike and Xevious are really worth it imo. There's tons of games from FCmini Vol.2-3 that I'd love though. :/

andthebeatgoeson

Mrbob said:
Nintendo always is one for confusion.

3/4 of this list are games you can find as extras included with other games. I may buy Castlevania though....

Well, I'm sure you would say their games aren't selling as well.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
I just picked up Super Mario 2 (Lost Levels) today, too...guess I'll be going and getting some more Famicom Mini games before I come back to the States next week. The games aren't any more expensive here, but I do prefer the U.S. boxes for these games. Oh well...

Blackace

Lyte Edge said:
I just picked up Super Mario 2 (Lost Levels) today, too...guess I'll be going and getting some more Famicom Mini games before I come back to the States next week. The games aren't any more expensive here, but I do prefer the U.S. boxes for these games. Oh well...

Lee suck it up...Jp boxes are pretty cool

cvxfreak

Lyte Edge said:

Same here! I like the U.S. boxes... but then when the possibility of getting a little binder with the Japanese releases dawned in (check NCSX) I became sorta interested in collecting every Japanese game. At Narita Airport there's a little store in Terminal 1 with a GameBoy Corner in case you change your mind. I'm kicking myself for not getting a few of them when I still had Yen left (like Dr. Mario). :(

Top Bottom