• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Now that Nintendo Direct is over...who won non-E3 this June 2024? Nintendo or Microsoft?

who won non-E3? Nintendo or Microsoft?

• Nintendo

• Microsoft

• Both are equally great

Results are only viewable after voting.
Nintendo won. Less retarded DEI trash,
v5qQM5l.gif

1vP5rff.gif

Sakura

None of the Microsoft titles interest me, while the Nintendo Direct had Romancing Saga 2, DQ, and Hundred Line at least.
So Nintendo wins for me I guess. Even though I won't be getting any of said games for the Switch.

KungFucius

King Snowflake
Nintendo was certainly the most surprising. I thought they were not going to drop so many games on Switch with Switch 2 coming soon. I guess this means Switch 2 is probably coming later in 2025 than many hoped so that means this direct implies some disappointment there. Needless to say, fall is stacked this year. Not sure what to play in early September Stalker, Astrobot, or Zelda. Then there is the Ubi Star Wars game too.

DaGwaphics

What's a Nintendo?

I kid, I kid. The response to both presentations has been positive among those gaming on the platforms, that's good to see.

Nintendo!

Outside of Gears Doom, nothing was really new. Stalker is what I am looking forward to , but that was known about for years. The games are all far away and it wasn't some crazy susccess some here are portraying.
I think some people who only like wow bang, graphics and AAA, are so starved that they call this a win.

One thing is for sure, Microsoft won the woke award.
Fable, Perfect Dark, Dragon Age (yes I know multiplat),

Nintendo wins for most creative and most enduring games. Games that cater to different tastes and isn't trying to pander to everyone and in doing appeal to no one.
I was so glad that Nintendo respects it's lore to not make Zelda something she is not and made her dignified and in character for the new zelda game. She isn't a sword swinging "girl boss/manly woman" type. She is a feminine princess that has immense magical power but not martial abilities.

The fact that Metroid prime 4 and Dragon quest 1-3 are getting HD treatment remakes is instant win for me.

It doesn't surprise me that MS got voted here, as there the same people bitching about MS one day will praise them the next for any scrap of good news. They forgot the always online fiasco right after it happened. They forgot almost a decade of no new games when they get drips of information about new games, and they declare a winner just because they like "woooo shiny graphics" better.

As someone who owns all the systems and pc+deck, I can say Nintendo won this hands down. MS was close, and Sony didn't really show up.
Nintendo wins for doing what they do best, in a time when they are probably going to be releasing a new console soon too.

Tg89

Well, Nintendo is really just sending the Switch off at this point, considering that I thought it was pretty solid. They’re not showing anything for Switch 2 (which at the very least is a mainline Mario launch).

MS is trying to save the Xbox and obviously blew their load, showing things that are years out. It was fine, but we’ve seen that show before and most of the stuff took forever to come out and ended up being not very good.

So, I look at in terms of who will have the best next ~2 years. Which seems to be Nintendo pretty easily.

KungFucius

King Snowflake
MS at least had SOME new exciting stuff.

All I saw at Ninty is a bunch of remasters, loads of mobile shovelware, new Zelda built from reused assets of the previous one (the gameboy game remake whatever it's name is) and a teaser for MP4 that is still at least a year away.
The Zelda take is lame. If they can reuse assets to make a good game how the fuck is that bad? Oh no, someone was efficient in creating a product, lets imply that it is lazy instead of smart.

Top Bottom